I want to get back into comics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jayson
Hi all.

I haven't collected comics in over 2 years and am just about to get back into it. are there any comics that you guy's would reccomend as a great title to jump into. Happy Dance Happy Dance

Nataku8188
venom vs carnage just started, Cable and deadpool are finishing up... I dont collect any regulars though.

ScarletSpider
Invaders #1 comes out this week. It had a little bit of a back story with the Avengers Once an Invader arc (which I'm sure you could find in back issues) but they're not necessary. Cool art, easy to follow, and it's been getting good steady reviews. The characters are all 80 year old licenses, but they've been so rarely used, it's like they're brand new.

If you're an X-fan, try Astonishing X-Men or regular X-Men in a bit after Austen's next arc (new writer starting, and I always find that to be a great time to jump aboard) although maybe getting in on this one is a good idea too, since although it says issue 160, this new team has only been together since 157 (where it continued from the New X-Men numbering).

Avengers Chaos arc is ending the Avengers, and a New Avengers series will be starting in November/December.

New Thunderbolts in November. New Adam Worlock series out soon along with Gambit, Nightcrawler and Sabretooth series.

And check out the next Alpha Flight arc, Waxing Poetic, only 2 parts so you get a good introduction to see if you like it.

A new Firestorm series out by DC, and they're wrapping up Green Lantern and relaunching it.

Linkalicious
Ummm...the new Ultimate Spiderman is JUST a couple of issues into their Carnage story arc...that's a pretty good read.

I wouldn't highly reccomment the new Silver Surfer comics, though the Thanos series is pretty good.

I like where the Fantastic Four is headed right now with Namor and Reed over Sue.

Probably best to get a couple of the older, better known series. I just got most of the Onslaught story arc, and I'm working on getting the final 2 comics of the original Maximum Carnage story arc....both are great reads.

§nakehead
Punisher

Daredevil

ghost rider

Mane
Amazing Spider-Man is only a couple of issues into their Sins Past arc. and its REALLY good

Gregory
DC's Identity Crisis has received a lot of praise. You could check it out.

Maelstrom
Excalibur is like the moment Xaviar fans have waited for. He's on the isle with Eric and they are about to compose a whole new team of Mutants, comprised it would appear of an Omega Sentinal.
Also Avenger is started a disassemble story line where it appears Thor and many other Avengers will die.
The new team will comprise none other than The Wolverine and a host of others to comprise the line-up including Cap. A.

DarkCrawler
Just a tip. Invader's is a very good series. You can read the first issue free from here, so you can see if you like it.

wuTa
batman war crimes is a couple issues into it and thats lookin good.....since you've been out of comics for a couple years you missed HUSH..that was really good but is probaly only available in graphic novel by now but still worth the read...other than that everyone else already mentioned all the good ones

Punkyhermy
Batman.
HUSH was pretty cool...the art was great!

jayson
Hey darkcrawler. thanks for the heads up on the new invaders comic. beautiful artwork and a fast paced story that begs to be collected. kudos to you.

Alpha Centauri
My advice would be to just pick up anything you think looks good. The best way to get into comics is like that. Otherwise you'll skip past titles you may love in favour of the most famous.

-AC

Linkalicious
how are the new Thor comics?

Does anyone know? Because I've been tempted to pick a couple of them up, but I gave them the back seat for some other comics that were more to my liking.

Mane
yeah those look cool. i thought the Loki comics looked cool too. i have a personal distain for Loki, but i love it when they give villains their own comic series.

Mr Zero
jay - tell us what you used to buy and dig 2 years agao....

manjaro
my advice is to judge what you would get based on where you left off. and it all depends of if you're the type o guy who gets single issues or TPB's. for single issues the Superman series where Supergirl teams up with Darksied is cool, but they're up to 13 now i think, so you would have to back track,or you could just wait a few more weeks until they release it in TPB. Also i just saw Venom #1 entitled shiver(TPB) in the store yesterday, so you could start there.

dont forget y:the last man, astounding x-men, and ultimate spidey

jayson

DarkCrawler
No problemo. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.