Final Fantasy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§nakehead
Okey, I know that Im a minority here but I have to say one thing. I am deeply disappointed in the Final Fantesy games. When They first came out I was just as excited as everybody else but I was extremely disappointed.

ssj4goku
why was that explain your self?!

Fearnix
I loved the first FF game

§nakehead
Well it was just a bit on the cheasy side. I mean men runing around in haircuts that look like somebody took a machete to battle monsters.

star_scar_child
yea.....hahahaha kefka lost against an echidna in the gamefaqs character battle

Fearnix
But thats what makes it so good

Robo-Chocobo
what are you talking about? what game are you even talking abuot. you say your dissapointed in the final fantasy games, but you never say which one. are you dissapointed with ff1's pixelated graphics? lack of compeling plot?

do you dislike ff4's pixels. does the u.s. dub ver annoy you? do you think cecil isnt the right name for the main hero?

does ff6's lack of a central main character some how annoy you, does it bug you that it has compelling story, awsome gameplay, solid graphics,

i can understand disapointed ness with the later games of the series........8's magic system was F***ed up but had awsome character models and an even cooler plot...until the very end.
, 7(damn materia) but it improved upon the futuristic pretense of the earlier games in the series, and 9 well...character models were nutz....and the plot could have been tweaked....but otherwise 9 was awsome for a old schooler like me, black mages and all(it was a little too easy). 10 i just got rubbed the wrong way with it.

I really dont know what your whining about. the series is fine.

Fearnix
the whole series was great but i have not played X2 yet

JKozzy
I see nothing wrong with the Final Fantasy series. If you're going to make an entire thread expressing your hate to it, then at least stay and give a reason and don't be a wimp.

el_barto
Didn't really like 10 or X-2. I loved X-2 when it came out, but then became bored with it

we_love_trees
*Shakes fists in rage* I love final fantasy! Well i didnt really play 1-6 the graphics put me off! But 7,8 (not 9. i hated 9)and 10 and X-2 kicked ass so much. Wat r u talking about!!??

ragesRemorse
I have to agree that most of the final fantasy games were let downs,or just redundant because the previous one was so amazing. The one's that are good,however, are some the best games in gamming history. The stories are some of the deepest you can find in video games, although some are just dull and childish

Linkalicious
Tidus is a flamer. all the final fantasy's from 9 on up are gay. Blitz ball...pfft....PLEASE!

What the hell happened to dude's with big swords and the occasional gun or something. Good weapons, tough looking characters....THAT's just some of the stuff missing.

ragesRemorse
How much of a bigger sword do you want than the swords in FFX? I dont know i cant agree with you about FFX The gamming system was just so brillaint with the best gameplay in a final fantasy game to date, not to mention the graphics. Auron is a bad ass to rival any final fantasy character,Kimiarhi diddnt look bad ass? The Aeons were the baddes ass looking characters in all of the final fantasy games, especialy the moves, what more do you want in the terms of badass? though blitzball wasnt a mini game to entertain all, that was the reason you diddnt have to play it. I do believe that many final fantasy games did have childish, silly characters with even worse stories though. and nine was possibly the worst Rpg i have played.

ssj4goku
i agree with every one on this page except snake head maybe its just me though cause i really liked ff9 i mean it took me some time but i finally got all the treasures and every thing had my gold chocobo never lost a battle and had all the secret weapons for every one. of course the charecter models were a bit on the cheesey side i mean come one in what game of the final fantasy series did you ever play as a monkey man a rat an over weight knight a big guy with gorrila arms a black mage that looked as though he was one of those guys from the star wars movies that you saw when luke was getting the droids they had the big glowing eyes other than that i loved ff10 and x-2 i loved the entire series but then i guess that is because i am just a die hard fan

ssj4goku
OH and btw blitz ball rocked i dont see why you think it was gay i mean think about it it was the one thing that you needed to do ino order to get scertain items and if you played it long enough you could have rare items at the begining of the game if you kept playing like i did i mean i had 99 master spheres by the time i got done playing and when i had to go against sephiroth my tidus was stonger than anima and destroyed him in two hits then killed seymore and overkilled him

§nakehead
I just thought the whole game sires was dull and annoying

ssj4goku
well i guess you do have a right to your opinion just like we have the right to ours so i am going to respect that and say well maybe it was just you that didn't like it but as you can see every one else here loved the series

Linkalicious
Auron is a poser. With his little jacket, and glasses. Cool jug that he carries around too. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Far from a bad ass....

Kimarhi, is pretty bad ass looking. Too bad he's a big blue cat, and his little spear thingy is gay. Aside from that he's legitament.

Tidus and Yuna easily counter-act any coolness that either of those character brings. The main character has cut off shorts....END OF STORY.

ssj4goku
man you obviously have no taste laughing out loud dont you know blue cats cut off shorts and big red jackets were in during their period laughing out loud

Maverick2364
laughing FF owns, sure X and X-2 clothing is really funky, but who cares? smile

Linkalicious
True FF does own. I can't deny that, and actually the newer games have increasingly better gameplay.

But that doesn't mean the characters aren't losers. Cloud, Squall, Seifer, and Sephiroth are THE coolest characters in FF.

Maverick2364
YEAH!!!!
tomcat

ragesRemorse
I thought tidus was more real as a character than any other final fantasy character, he had human tendancies. Auron is defaintly the most bad ass in my book.. After these two i would take squal

ragesRemorse
So i guess i can say that sepiroth was a poser because he had long hair and was so pussified that he kept avoiding cloud. I mean if you can say auron is a poser because he wears a red coat and carries a jug, then i can say sepiroth was poser because he wore what he wore.

So tidus's and yuna's love make them poor characters because they have an interesting relationship that develops over time, making you care for the two. Well in that sense Cloud and Aries blow ass, and are terrible characters because they had love interest. and cloud sucked rotten nipple because he wore skin tight pants.

Linkalicious
you can say whatever you want...i'm not going to judge you or defend a video game character.

I care absolutely nothing for the love relationship of video game characters. Unlike some people, i wasn't sad to see Aeris die....it's only a video game.

Call Sephiroth a poser all you want. call him a pussy, call him a wuss...whatever makes you feel that your claim is correct. wink

Tidus and Yuna's outfits make them poor characters, not their actions in the game. And YES, that alone is my reason, as poor as it may be, it's the reason none the less...

ragesRemorse
\\

Your so thoughtfull smile

Agent Elrond
Auron is also cool

@Snakehead
Give a reason beyond say "they suck"

All I have is FF 7 and 10, but they are good games. I just finsih disc one of FF 7, so sad.

Maverick2364
Yes Aeris dies, I didn't like her much except for her "planet portector" limit break which made me invinsible and I wa sable to learn enemy skill beta from the midigar snake thingy early on.

Tidus is realistic, I didn't like his outfit with the wierd mechanical arm-and-glove deal.

ssj4goku
hey i for one thought every single ff game created kicked ass in its own special way. i mean each game brought to light a new form of fighting a new form of leveling up charecters and so on and so forth so if you think about it each game was uniqe in its own way and with that being said thats all there is to say

Linkalicious
Crono Trigger is teh pwnage!!!

ssj4goku
well i liked chrono cross better than trigger

Robo-Chocobo
I think there are a lot of good points. It really makes me sad when people think that only one character owns. that's why I stay out of the kingdom hearts/ff7 threads...*cough**blonde wussies*cough*

(im really sick of those 2)

its just sad that no one except ssj4 goku(I still wonder why he has a picture of regular goku and his avy is ssj3 instead of ssj4...)

he is the only one who seems to take all the characters in, remembering old final fantasy of long past. I mean, seriously, who cares if Yuna has this innocent girl look one game, then a bad*ss look in the next. it's a game, they ll have their own flavor. changing a character like making tidus different, or making cloud actually talk could ruin some of the more sublime game effects.

I think that while the new ff games are good in their own way, they seriously need to return to some roots...no moogles as a playable char...what r they thinking...

Maverick2364
Moogles are wierd...no expression

ssj4goku
i agree with robo Final fantsy series does need to go back to their roots i miss playing with the moogles they were fun to play as far as fave charecters that were beasts my vote would go to the moogles then the chocobos

SaTsuJiN
Amen to that!
squaresoft should take a break from RPG and try towards other genres... they have excellent programming ideas so they should put them to use instead of making lu lu pregnant and having yuna turn into a pop hoochie... now they're making fiiinal fantaasy 12... 'another' rpg... and ff7 before crisis.. anooother rpg... and they're all half assed. I bet they're holding the 'lets release the old ones for game boy advance' nonsense when FF12 bombs.. at least enix has the sense to slow down and release an rpg like every 3 years or more.. its only up to dragon warrior 4 or 5 now?... square should mimic thier release dates... it would make alot more rpgs worth anticipating. I would still love to see a fighting game, or something truely creative come from squaresoft (creative as in 'genre breaking/defining' rather than "well, we had materia in the last game... we'll still call it blizzaga this time, but youll have to steal it now" sick ).

ssj4goku
hey satsujin where did you get that sig banner is there any way that i can get that but only the red guy i for got his name hes in Guilty gear x2 he is ky kiske's rival

chops
What are u talking about. the ff series are great (although ff9 wasent as good as i expected). FF RULES !

Yassin
Yeah Final Fantasy rules...and if you remember Drakenguard,they actually suck at other things...so i really want that they continue RPG's but less crapier..

Yuna33
drakenguard wasn't that bad.it reminds me of dynasty warriors......
and yes ff dose rock.big grin

SaTsuJiN
I'm not really meaning thier current state so much as thier future.. what the hell are they gonna do? rely on final fantasy thier whole lives? Are you really gonna buy final fantasy 43 when you're 60 years old? Its going to get stupid if they dont stop making FF and try some new creative idea...

ScarFace Clone
Yes!^^^

Yuna33
maybe......
but ull be too old to remember the games name.

Agent Elrond
yes yes

Yuna33
well........ok.huh

ssj4goku
drakengaurd was totaly awesome i guess you got to consider other peoples playing habits

JKozzy
They should stop at 25, or however many else they have in a normal Japanese season of anime/series of anime. Then maybe make a brand new line, and make the characters all.. likeable and continue the story throughout the series.

SaTsuJiN
watch them even get so desperate as to do a world cross-over... *speaks in marvel vs street fighter voice* "Are you ready true-believers!? Final Fantasy and Square-Enix have joined forces to bring you.. .. *cloud fighting tidus* *squall zipping past Setzer* *Yuna fighting Rhinoa* Final Fantasy : World Clash!! *logo slams down*.....

I think that'll be the day I find a nice corner in a padded room >_>

we_love_trees
hmmm i think by FF16 or so they wil probably run out of decent male leads..... i mean come on! Am i the only person who has noticed that the male lead is becoming more femine? ... i bet u bi FF19 the guy will be a transvestite! ...sorry but i find transvestites neither attractive or cool....

SpiderGurl
LoL actually I feel that Squall looks more feminine than Tidus.

JKozzy
Is it so hard to reach another inch for the 'y' key so you can spell "by" correctly? What the f**k?

Yuna33
no.........final fantasy face-off!
my uncle made that up.
sounds cool too.
getting to fight with all the ff characters and fight how u want.
that would be cool.
square did make a game similar to that only thing is i think cloud was the ony one in it.
have any of u heard of it?

Agent Elrond
the "i" key is further from the "y" key. It's sad how ppl misspell that badly.

maybe one day, they should have a "real-time" FF fighting game, maybe in another online game. just a thought...

Lord Ryugen
I've personally loved every FF apart from IX and X (IX was too cheesy and easy to do, and I despise every char in X apart from Auron and Kimhari.) but I can see why some people don't like the others

pr1983
i agree, 7 and 8 were great, then it just went downhill, x-2? come on, what are they tryin to pull?

SaTsuJiN
what anyone with nothing else to fall back on would pull... Make more of same stuff! yeah! it r0x! they could at least get new employees to give a fresh offering to the table.. new artist , new story designer/ director , new musical talent etc.

Yuna33
hey!
i like x-2!
it wasn't that bad was it?

Lord Ryugen
Nah, it was better than IX or X but it was still nowhere near the heights of VI, VII and VIII.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.