Thanos vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
I have to go with Thanos. Glactus being the most powerfull in marvel, not the multiverse or beyond, then the Celestials, then Thanos.

Mane
Thanos beats the Surfer

mmm no. dont get me started on the whole Hierarchy thing again...

Linkalicious
The Silver Surfer is no match for Thanos.

In all of their encounters, Surfer is outmatched. he usually requires the help of some of his buddies. Most commonly, Adam Warlock. But even the two of them have their work cut out for them...

Viper
Thanos

jayson
don't ask silly questions

Linkalicious
I'd like to see a match up like

Silver Surfer vs. Adam Warlock

or

Thanos vs. Magus (Warlock's evil side)

Alpha Centauri
Surfer just fights him if he must. Not coz he think he can win.

-AC

Mane
a Surfer vs Warlock mini-series would kick ass! like they did Venom vs Carnage (only with 2 good guys).

Linkalicious
only reason i never made a thread for it was because I'm pretty sure that Warlock's mind manipulating abilities would cripple Surfer, making this sort of one sided.

I haven't read enough about Warlock's battles to make an arguement for him. embarrasment

Paola
no more Vs. threads

CLOSED

Paola
no reason now to stay closed

Mane
eeeexactly wink

Linkalicious
well this one maybe....because it's so one sided...

Mane
yeah. Thanos beats SS like a $10 hooker.

Victor Von Doom
Thanos with ease.

Krissy Von Doom
In one issue, with their cosmic powers removed, they had to joust it out and fight with swords. Surfer almost kills Thanos although Thanos backstabs Surfer after reminding him how important he was to Warlock's plans.

Surfer technically won but Thanos never said "I...yield", Surfer did.

Maelstrom
Blah blah, without powers don't count. Ha, just kidding Krissy, but it don't. Reduction logic is only good to the powers beginning. Although its' important to remember they are both men of sorts thats as far as that goes. Theres no appealing to man. So I think Thanos drives Surfer to the ground and turns up the heat when hes crippled forceing the Power Cosmic to consume the Surfer. I dunno can he do that. Thanos against the Power Cosmic. Now i have my doubts again. He does tend to lose whenever he goes against a heavy weight.

Nataku8188
Your inane babbling has left me confused. What the hell did you just say ?

Krissy Von Doom
I'm just saying the power granted to the Surfer by Galactus, pretty much, perfectly cancels out the power given to Thanos by Death - that was the point of me last post, though a bit unclear. Given that, Thanos would win because he's meaner and is used to fighting, and stalemating, against beings more powerful than him (Odin, Tyrant, Champion with the Power Gem...etc)

Whittdawg92
Thanos wins with little problem.

Skeets
Originally posted by Whittdawg92
Thanos wins with little problem.
nice bump....no expression

bigbran
i like how you felt you had to bump this just to agree with everyone.

HisMajestyAC43
i love how were all commenting on a bump...

bigbran
it was a nice bump though...

Thanos_1971
roll eyes (sarcastic)

BobbyD
I would once just love to see SS take his surfboard and crack it over Thanos' head knocking him out, and seeing his board broken in 2 pieces.

smile

It's been a long time coming....SS has jobbed to Thanos for the longest time, and he needs a win in this battle, if for nothing else to give his character some respect EVEN IF it is theoretically impossible for SS to beat him. I'm just asking for one win, Marvel-just one. 1 out of 100. mad

bigbran
no win!!!
im asking for him not to beat thanos.
please marvel??

BobbyD
Originally posted by bigbran
no win!!!
im asking for him not to beat thanos.
please marvel??

laughing out loud Funny.

Skeets
Originally posted by HisMajestyAC43
i love how were all commenting on a bump...
He Bumped a 2 year old thread....no expression

Rols
SS sees Thanos, challenge him, then suddenly forgets how his powers work and goes H2H, he then gets to eat his surfboard at Thanos help big grin.

Crease
Now that Surfer's upgraded...he still loses.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I have to go with Thanos. Glactus being the most powerfull in marvel, not the multiverse or beyond, then the Celestials, then Thanos.

How many times does the Surfer have to have his skull crushed in order for people to stop putting him up against characters beyond his scope.

Rols
Originally posted by Crease
Now that Surfer's upgraded...he still loses.

Yeah, His new powers wouldnt make a diff. if he suddenly forgets how to use it... really dough we still havent seen enough feat of this new SS that puts him in a current league to Thanos, (beating Omega, Knocking of Big G, and the likes.)

Acrosurge
Originally posted by BobbyD
I would once just love to see SS take his surfboard and crack it over Thanos' head knocking him out, and seeing his board broken in 2 pieces.

smile

It's been a long time coming....SS has jobbed to Thanos for the longest time, and he needs a win in this battle, if for nothing else to give his character some respect EVEN IF it is theoretically impossible for SS to beat him. I'm just asking for one win, Marvel-just one. 1 out of 100. mad Surfer has a legitimate upgrade, and a frightening one at that. He tore through an armada of Annihilus's ships and Herald-level beings like nothing. He subsequently and effortlessly blew apart an entire planet (read it and weep, Surfer-Haters).

If any hero in the Marvel Universe can defeat Thanos now, the Silver Surfer is the best choice for the job. And I'd like to see him best Thanos in combat, even if Thanos pulls the final victory on merit of intellect. Seriously, I'd be excited to see that.

HisMajestyAC43
thanos is making deals with galactus level beings and annihilus in the same series... read that and weep?

ss is revamped, but i doubt he's been upgraded to thanos's level.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by HisMajestyAC43
thanos is making deals with galactus level beings and annihilus in the same series... read that and weep?

ss is revamped, but i doubt he's been upgraded to thanos's level. *reads it and gets excited* Either way it plays out, I win! I'm a big fan of both Surfer and Thanos! smile

And at no point did I say the Surfer's in on par with Thanos, just that if any one hero in the Marvel U should have a chance against Thanos, my pick would be Surfer. Not Sentry. Not Thor. Surfer.

*shrugs*

Rols

ss is revamped, but i doubt he's been upgraded to thanos's level.QUOTE]

We're going to see that in the upcoming Annihilation series.. If that upgrade is on the level of Skyfathers big grin .

rotiart
What if Surfer... had Ronan's hammer/cosmic.. was empowered by the entire skrull homeworld ala superskrull... and had the worldmind ala nova within him... is that enough to take on Thanos??

joking. But man that would be interesting to see.

Rols
Still would'nt be enough to beat Thanos.. cause he knows in his heart that he must JOBB to Thanos laughing.

Crease
Originally posted by rotiart
What if Surfer... had Ronan's hammer/cosmic.. was empowered by the entire skrull homeworld ala superskrull... and had the worldmind ala nova within him... is that enough to take on Thanos??

joking. But man that would be interesting to see.

Surfer can already do everything that Ronin's "hammer" can. He can do everything Superskrull can. Having the Worldmind guide him in using his power might help, but not a ton.

leonidas
i wasn't under the impression he definitely HAD been upgraded. the 'new' ss seemed more like a . . . ss unplugged. nothing he did after the supposed upgrade was something he couldn't do before it. ripping through starships, beating ravenous by partially trapping him in his board . . . these are things easily done by 'reg' ss. maybe the upgrade refers more to his attitude. maybe he's simply through 'jobbing . . .'

HisMajestyAC43
true that...

i think its like upgrade aka you are ruthless... not upgrade aka you are god. but thats just my opinion.

we will see wont we?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.