Superman vs Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
I have always notice the thread that involves JLA vs so and so.....
there are statements that says" All JLA need is Supes and GL to defeat the opponent". So pitting these two "big guns" of JLA ( NO OFFENSE TO THE REST OF JLA). Who will come out winner.

Viper
Supes

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but the way I've always seen it was that GL's strength depended upon his willpower...and having someone as strong as Superman going against you would just be too much for your will to physically hold back.

Mane
Kyle GL could beat him. only because Kyle doesnt have any gay weaknesses like wood or yellow objects.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Actually they fought a while back it was Hal vs Superman and Superman was tearing him up but then GL made kryptonite with his ring and thats when I burned the comic because that is some pretty bad writing.

Mane
yes but thats Hal. as i said Kyle could beat him because Kyle doesnt have any gay weaknesses like wood or yellow objects.

Lenord
What's wrong with Hal... He is cool and the best GL there ever was, he defeated all the other GL and entered the Battery for gods sake (not to mention the he was the only one that has ever managed to actually distroy the universe... I would like to see Superman try that)

As for Kyle I think the writters made a big mistake when they reduced the whole Green Lantern mythos to just Kyle (I have no idea why out of everyone in the universe they would choose him to have the power). They use to be the gaurdians of the galaxy and Kyle seems to spend almost all his time on Earth.

The fact that Kyle's ring doesn't have any weakness just makes the character himself weaker, because lots of people tried to use the weakness of the old ring against Hal and he always beat them, and in the end that is what makes him a much more deadly person than Kyle (I would like to see Kyle try and take on the rest of the Corp at the peak of thier power).

What was wrong with that... The power of the ring is the manifestation of the users imagination, and if he wants to create green kryptonite why shouldn't he (in fact I remeber thinking to myself "why don't you just create kryptonite" throughout the fight). It has always been sayed that the power of the ring is only limited by the users imagination, will power and of course the colour yellow (doesn't seem to effect the new ring). Hal unlike Kyle spent a lot of time out in space fighting very powerful foes and he has a lot of experience with the ring.

Hal as GL can beat Superman easy... Kyle however is still sometimes in awe of Superman and I don't think he would win (just doesn't have the experience)...

SUPERMANDAMAN
Hal is the best GL ever and Superman didnt exploit any of those weaknesses during the fight so it didnt matter.

SUPERMANDAMAN
First off after he entered the battery he became Paralax so he wasnt really a GL nomore and second the ring creates what the user is thinking but it doesnt create an exact copy sorta like how whatever he creates is green or if he wanted to make a diamond it wouldnt really be a diamond it would only be a green thing that looked like a diamond ,so there is noway he should of been able to create kryptonite seeing as how the only people who know what it is made up of are Lex and Batman

Lenord
I was not talking about him as Paralax, he wasn't Paralax when he beat all the crap out of all his former Green Lantern friends (including his Mentor), as well as one of the most fear Green Lantern enemy (who was inprisoned by Hal himself) which the guardians released and sent against him in desperation. He was still Green Lantern when he did all these. That would be like Superman having to fight 10 or so warriors of his own race and then fighting the best warrior and then fighting his worst enemy, that is a momentus task for anyone....

From what I can understand the ring can make an exact copy of anything you can think of (you don't even have to understand how that thing works), except it is green. I have seen Kyle use his ring to create huge Anime style robots, make complicated scanners/detectors and even gun/cannon weapons, and he knows next to nothing when it comes to science or engineering (he is an artist, mostly for comics). Considering the complexity of some of the stuff Kyle makes (where presision is crucial) I don't see why Hal can't create a little thing like Kryptonite (it is even green so it doesn't look so wierd).

As Parallex no one on earth stands a chance against Hal (even after he failed to recreate the universe and lost a great amount of his power). He was the greatest of the Green Lanterns, and I have seen nothing yet of Kyle that leads me to belive that he deserves that acalade.

Magee
Yea...Paralex was insanley powerful, i only read like one issue of him as Paralex but it was cooool. I think Superman would win, i love GL's though, and i NEED to get one of those rings lol. Superman beats him on speed and strength although i've always wondered wether GL could create some sort of suit to make him stronger, or something along those lines.

I also prefer Kyle to Hal. I think his costume is better, his imagination is excellent, i love that he's an artist and ive seen him create some insane things.... Famous one would be his language translator, not insane but cool. And in JLA golden perfect he made huge baseball guys to bat away an alien ship, wich i thought was very funny blink

then Superman, speed of light, takes out its power supply or sumthin, no baseball for Kyle miffed

Lenord
Hal (as Green Lantern) has already beaten Superman, so that fight has already been decided, as for Kyle, it is not only imagination that determines how good of a Lantern you are but also will power and that is something that Hal was unmatched in when it comes to other Green Lanterns. I don't like Kyle because he is just too flashy, and the writers have reduced the Green Lantern duty from protecting his squadron of the galaxy to just protecting the planet, while at the same time increasing the power of his ring. This means that he does a lesser job with a greater power than Hal, which in my mind makes Hal the better Lantern here.

manjaro
GL could win,if the story was written properly, any GL for that matter. operative word being COULD. playing cheap and creating Kryptonite is all it takes. plus even if they dont create kyptonite, the rings are still magic based if you think about it, so that could be a factor also. but despite all that supes is no pushover. if GL wanted to just fight him satraight up it would be the fight of his life, and since those guys alwys like to create armor, when the going got tough they would probably just make one out of kryptonite.

Red Superfly
At last, a fight where Superman would lose.

Mane
Parallax was insanely powerful, but wasnt Hal Jordan with the Spectreforce stronger than Parallax. seems like he would be if he had the power of the Spectre

Superman#1
I definitly think that Superman could beat Green Lanturn. They could be fighting and if Superman lays a couple of strong punches GL is out. Also GL's ring could run out of power. I am not only saying this because I like Superman, I also like GL,but I don't think GL is stong enough.

Daredevil75
I'd want green to win but suoerman is fregen imortal....

SnakeEyes
spellcheck

Lenord
At the height of his power Parallax was too powerfull for the previous Spectre so I don't think he is as powerfull.

I don't know why people have a problem with GL creating Kryptonite in a fight, that is what GLs' do create weapons, armours and otther items using their ring. And another thing the other GLs must have come accross something in thier travels around the galaxy that could be used against him.

Evangel94
The only GL that would put up a fight without making kryptonite out of the ring is Hal Jordan or maybe sinestro.

Hell if Doomsday could do it...

DC tends to put superman as more of supergod than superman.

He's an alien that get his powers from the yellow sun, not a cosmic entity.

SUPERMANDAMAN
Well if they are going to use weaknesses Superman could just wear a yellow suit go hyper sonic and kncok off hals head before he even knows what is going on.

Magee
Dude u think to hard when it comes to these vs things. Superman would never "knock off Hals head". Unless this is crazy ass son of a ***** Hal, Paralex if u will. Even then Superman is probably not gonna "Knock his head off".

Mane
yeah like in Marvel vs DC, when GL went to fight Silver Surfer (which BTW was a shitty fight) he created entire body armour, lance, and a motorcycle. but he lost.

Lenord
The thing is when Superman becomes exposed to Krytonite he becomes very weak (can't even walk in a straight line let alone put up a fight). I don't think it would matter if Superman wore all yellow, GL will just use his ring to create a Krytonite armour and when Supes gets close he will just fall down or surround himself and Superman with a Kryptonite wall and then all GL has to do is pick up any object that is available and beat the crap out of him.

Punkyhermy
green lantern is nothing without his ring!!!
superman can beat him...

Tron
And Superman is nothing without his Sunwink. But seriously, he may be nothing without the ring, but he has the ring regardless.

Mane
yeah! who's to say that GL cant just enclose Superman in a container to block out the sun? then once hes weakened, he could create Kryptonite. end of fight.

Evangel94
Superman has more raw strength and power than a GL. GL constructs depend on the user's willpower and aren't indestructible.

norrin radd
i would say superman, but it seems that GL can creat a copy of kryptonite that works in supes, and in that case, GL is the winner.

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, Superman could bust that shell open and pin GL while he's reeling.

And I thought that yellow weakness was gone for all GLs after the parallax thing. And that it was yellow energy, not twinkies or banannas.

norrin radd

DarkCrawler
What about that wood weakness thing? That was stupid.

norrin radd

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah. I think... Alan Scott? I don't know, one of the earlier GLs had that weakness and Solomon Grundy, who's a compost heap of a zombie, literally, was resistant to it or something like that.

Tron
Yeah, it's Alan Scott who's weak to wood. But his power is from a totally different source than the GLC.

Ytaker
Whenever GL gets in a fight, somebody gets him on the defensive and goes bang... bang... BANG and his shield collapses. Superman could do that, and even if Kryptonite was created, he could throw rocks from several thousand kilometres away if he had to. It just depends on whether he gets Superman with Kryptonite.

eleveninches
Well, parallax did beat the old spectre and destroy the universe. Most of hal's GL and parallax power depended on his willpower, however, when he became spectre, he lost the abilty to do what he wanted and therefore lost most of his will based power.
Also, when kyle became Ion, he absorbed all of parallax's power as well as other sources of power, so he was as powerful (if not more so) than parallax (he was about to erase hal from existance and prevent him from having destroyed the GL corps in the past).

Katt
Which comic was that again? Can't seem to remember.

Mider
Ive seen superman fight senestro and well.....he got his ass handed to him pretty badly and very fast, it was Hal Jordon who had to save him so if you ask me who'd win? I say a green lantern, by the way Hal was not Parallax, he was just a normal GL.

Gl/SupermanFan
Sorry guys, LOL, I don't mean to laugh at you but lets be real about this.

The green Lanterns power is limited to his ring.

Superman:

Weakness: Kryptonite (which does'nt affect him much anymore)
by the way........doomsday would beat the crap out of most GL's in a matter of 3-5 minutes. (GL's have to create worm holes to send him away, cuz they can't handle him)

While GL is fast.....

Superman has Super speed.....(SUPER speed), can travel back and forth through time, Super strength, heat vision, x-ray vision, freeze breath, he can fly....this is just a little.

Don't get me wrong.......I am a huge fan of The Green Lantern, my favorite WAS Hal Jordan.

However, I like to keep things real. GL and Superman are friends.........

Gl/SupermanFan
C'mon, Senestro? he was already fatigued from fighting superman. Green Lantern came and saved SUPERMAN from a fatigued, Senestro. Had Green Lantern faced him one on one, both fresh for a fight, he would be dead and Superman would have SAVED him! C'mon guys, keep it real

soleran30
Superman is lame against threads like this.......................GL's should WIN EASY kryptonite and forget it however this is SM and no one in DC will give a definitive win over SM not angels, not DS, not GL's LAME.

From a powerset GL's should smoke him.

Gl/SupermanFan
GL "made" kryptonite. LOL, LOL. He MADE a substance from a planet that explded? He made a chunk of Meteorite?

LOL..terrible writing.

It would take ALL of the GL's to hold superman.

soleran30
Originally posted by Gl/SupermanFan
GL "made" kryptonite. LOL, LOL. He MADE a substance from a planet that explded? He made a chunk of Meteorite?

LOL..terrible writing.

It would take ALL of the GL's to hold superman.

Yes superman fans at their finest......................it should take 1 GL to do Superman in. Granted it shouldn't be some jabrone GL but a higher end GL should spank SM and send him off to bed.

pr1983
You do know Superman moves faster than thought, and the gl ring is thought based don't you?

The Ion
Nothing beats the S shield. Accept it like I have. sad

soleran30
Originally posted by pr1983
You do know Superman moves faster than thought, and the gl ring is thought based don't you?

LOL rings can be programed just you like and superman featssmile Rings can put up a shield before a GL can think of it

Anyway like Ion said regardless DC doesn't let their icon take a fall now whether its DS, Angels, GL's, Gods whatever apparently he has a switch that always takes him to a new level haha....................

superman fanboys are bad

Juntai
Originally posted by soleran30
LOL rings can be programed just you like and superman featssmile Rings can put up a shield before a GL can think of it

Anyway like Ion said regardless DC doesn't let their icon take a fall now whether its DS, Angels, GL's, Gods whatever apparently he has a switch that always takes him to a new level haha....................

superman fanboys are bad His powers increase constantly and amp when he stresses.

pr1983

superman fanboys are bad

don't presume to call me a fanboy, you barely know me...

i'm just going by what i've seen while reading comics...

if supergirl can take john stewarts ring, why cant superman?

The Ion

http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=2f8_supesguy1d.jpg
http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=c17_supesguy1e.jpg

sad

pr1983
Originally posted by The Ion
http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=2f8_supesguy1d.jpg
http://img104.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=c17_supesguy1e.jpg

sad

I know... sucks doesnt it?

The Ion
I know... sucks doesnt it?
Of course. Hal is probably the only one who wouldn't be jobbed out to Supes that badly. Oh well. sad

brainchild81
Just a lil' more of DC's "if you ain't Batman, Supes or WW, F**k you" policy sad

soleran30

lol I didn't call you a fanboy let me repeat myself

superman fanboys are bad........................I did not say

You are a superman fanboy, so take that as you will.

That said many many things Job to Superman its the nature of SM.

pr1983
lol I didn't call you a fanboy let me repeat myself

superman fanboys are bad........................I did not say

You are a superman fanboy, so take that as you will.

That said many many things Job to Superman its the nature of SM.

So please clear this up for me if i misunderstood...

LOL rings can be programed just you like and superman featssmile

And being powerful doesnt autmoatically make superman a walking example of PIS, nor should it diminish his genuine accomplishments...

The Ion
Originally posted by brainchild81
Just a lil' more of DC's "if you ain't Batman, Supes or WW, F**k you" policy sad
That's what Loeb's Supergirl arc proved. Supergirl is above DC Earth and Superman is above Supergirl, thus above DC Earth as well. Wonder Woman isn't as stronger as either but because of her uber warrior skills, she can beat anyone except Superman. Batman, with that giant brain of his, could probably talk Supergirl into committing suicide. Thus Superman > Wonder Woman >= Batman > Supergirl > DC Earth.

soleran30
"LOL rings can be programed just you like and superman feats

And being powerful doesnt autmoatically make superman a walking example of PIS, nor should it diminish his genuine accomplishments..."

Sure................those 2 sentences link together nicely thanks for illustrating that for me.

ANYWAY on topic I have expressed my opinion and also like I said high end GL's should win they have to many tools at their disposal.

pr1983 if you feel the need to go further with the first 2 sentances pm me but not in this thread please.

Femi32
GL should win.

brainchild81
It's not being powerful that makes Supes a walking pile of PIS, it's the PIS that makes Supes a walking pile of PIS. How can he resist a telepathic attack when even Martian Manhunter, a telepathic 9th degree black belt, can't? Cause he's Supes, a PIS 10th degree black belt.

pr1983
"LOL rings can be programed just you like and superman feats

And being powerful doesnt autmoatically make superman a walking example of PIS, nor should it diminish his genuine accomplishments..."

Sure................those 2 sentences link together nicely thanks for illustrating that for me.

ANYWAY on topic I have expressed my opinion and also like I said high end GL's should win they have to many tools at their disposal.

pr1983 if you feel the need to go further with the first 2 sentances pm me but not in this thread please.

I just don't get your meaning... but i'll leave it at that...

I think Superman (if its anyone but hal), is going to win more often than not, with hal, hal has a fair chance of winning...

at least imo...

Juntai
It's not being powerful that makes Supes a walking pile of PIS, it's the PIS that makes Supes a walking pile of PIS. How can he resist a telepathic attack when even Martian Manhunter, a telepathic 9th degree black belt, can't? Cause he's Supes, a PIS 10th degree black belt. Advanced Kryptonian mind takes longer to conquer than it takes for Supes to whoop the telepath.
Superman pre and post Crisis are pretty much immune to telepathy.

brainchild81
Then shouldn't MM's mind be even harder to conquer?Originally posted by The Ion
That's what Loeb's Supergirl arc proved. Supergirl is above DC Earth and Superman is above Supergirl, thus above DC Earth as well. Wonder Woman isn't as stronger as either but because of her uber warrior skills, she can beat anyone except Superman. Batman, with that giant brain of his, could probably talk Supergirl into committing suicide. Thus Superman > Wonder Woman >= Batman > Supergirl > DC Earth. Ditto. It seems like they never miss an opportunity to make Wally look like a chump.

pr1983
Ditto. It seems like they never miss an opportunity to make Wally look like a chump.

yeah, thats true...

Juntai
Then shouldn't MM's mind be even harder to conquer? Ditto. It seems like they never miss an opportunity to make Wally look like a chump.
Not neccisarly.

And, yeah they do, most writers don't want Flash run wild in their story.

UniOmni
Ion, you sound surprised.....Why?? I see Dc as the conservative branch of comics, whose golden heroes are the lifeblood. Kinda like how in Vertigo, the other angels were created in context of Micheal and Lucifer, in the main DCU, other heroes were created in context of Batman, Superman and WonderWoman. And for the record, any competent GL should be able to beat Superman. If strange can have auto shields, why can't a GL train his shields to autoprotect against all intent to harm with a barrage of faster than lightspeed magical swords that shave electrons off of atoms?? Remember the ring can do ANYTHING!! If they can create k nite, magic should be in its list of abilities.

And Jun, we discussed this in another thread....You gotta admit, its kinda hokey that MM, a being who spent centuries perfecting the use of telepathy, can't prevent himself from being overtaken mentally?? Its kinda like Achilles being as good a warrior as he was reputed to be, yet his defense is purely infantile. He has a weaker guard than a wrestler who just picked up a sword and shield yesterday. Doesn't jibe with the whole greatest warrior ever deal. Thats what Superman being nearly immune to telepathy and Manhunter not looks like. But like i said, other heroes in Dc seem to exist soley for the context of the big three.

brainchild81
Originally posted by Juntai
Not neccisarly.

And, yeah they do, most writers don't want Flash run wild in their story. Flash from JLU gets more respect. & the reason MM's mind isn't harder to harm is because Supes is a PIS god. Torquasm Vo? Soul Vision? Sure let's just give a guy with too many powers, even more powers embarrasment

The Ion
If anything J'onn's shape shifting aspect should give him even more defense against TP than just his training.

pr1983
Flash from JLU gets more respect. & the reason MM's mind isn't harder to harm is because Supes is a PIS god. Torquasm Vo? Soul Vision? Sure let's just give a guy with too many powers, even more powers embarrasment

torqasm vo? i don't know it... embarrasment

as for soul vision... its just another spectrum he can see in isn't it?

soleran30
yes he can see your soul now

brainchild81
torqasm vo? i don't know it... embarrasment

as for soul vision... its just another spectrum he can see in isn't it? laughing the thought of me knowing something about Supes that one of his fans doesn't makes me wanna hurt myself. TV is some kinda Kryptonian mental Martial Art. The more I know about Supes, the lamer he becomes.

Femi32
Flash from JLU gets more respect. & the reason MM's mind isn't harder to harm is because Supes is a PIS god. Torquasm Vo? Soul Vision? Sure let's just give a guy with too many powers, even more powers embarrasment

Too many powers blink Silver Surfer, Sentry, Thor, Genis Vell, Dr. Strange, the list goes on.

pr1983
laughing the thought of me knowing something about Supes that one of his fans doesn't makes me wanna hurt myself. TV is some kinda Kryptonian mental Martial Art. The more I know about Supes, the lamer he becomes.

I don't know as much as most people... its his character rather than his powers that make me a fan...

martial arts? i havent read the comic so i have no idea... but if batman can learn 127(i think) im sure superman could learn 1...

brainchild81
It's honestly TP though.

pr1983
It's honestly TP though.

Oh... alright then...

Femi32
As far as TP goes, SS and Thanos were able to resist Moondragon with the Mind Gem. Yup, Superman is definetly the only walking PIS device. roll eyes (sarcastic)

UniOmni
Femi you are right in a sense. But the Pc allows for many different applications, seeing as how in marvel, its the ambient energy of the universe. And i can allow Superman being resistant to mind control/mind screwing due to his high willpower. I just don't see why MM can't be shown to have a higher level of immunity than Superman, seeing as how thats his area of expertise. Thats the imbalance that ticks me off. Thats all.

Femi32
I don't know if MM has ever been mind controlled, but Superman was recently mind controlled by Maxwell Lord.

Draco69
PIS Fight: Superman breaks the shield and takes his ring.

Non-PIS Fight: Green Lantern shrinks Superman and kills him with kryptonite action figures.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Draco69
PIS Fight: Superman breaks the shield and takes his ring.

Non-PIS Fight: Green Lantern shrinks Superman and kills him with kryptonite action figures.
Like that Guy gardner fight where supes takes his ring.............no
Or to be a more recent when supergirl took Johns ring........ laughing

The Ion
Originally posted by Femi32
I don't know if MM has ever been mind controlled, but Superman was recently mind controlled by Maxwell Lord.
Despero just took J'onn to school in a TP match.

thesilverspider
Despero just took J'onn to school in a TP match.
Who hasn't taken J'onn to school.......... sad

The Ion
laughing out loud

You're right. MM is a total jobber.

thesilverspider
laughing out loud

You're right. MM is a total jobber.
Before he would get his ass handed to him monthly like every other jobber but now it's almost weekly............. sad
J'onn is the guy you would see in the next JLA Avengers x-over getting his ass handed to him by spiderman.

Draco69
Complete crap fight that was. Last time they faced J'onn LITERALLY reduced him to a fetus.

brainchild81
Originally posted by UniOmni
Femi you are right in a sense. But the Pc allows for many different applications, seeing as how in marvel, its the ambient energy of the universe. And i can allow Superman being resistant to mind control/mind screwing due to his high willpower. I just don't see why MM can't be shown to have a higher level of immunity than Superman, seeing as how thats his area of expertise. Thats the imbalance that ticks me off. Thats all. Ditto

hyper_megaman
kalmaku beat the entire JLA within a minute. at his first time using a ring.

hal jordan has defeated superman with the ring before too. remember the part where he tried to come back and take kyle's ring? ganthet explained that hal was restricting himself subconsciously to having a standard green lantern's power, which is why his parallax form wasn't really strong. and he took on jonn, wally, aqua, queen, and supes.

why would gl lose? to transmute elements, the ring can bloody initiate nuclear reactions, it can even absorb the binding energy balance/give the balance to initiate safe fusion/fissions. superman's aura/invulnerability has only proven to be able to take 1 megaton point blank without ill effect. 40 megatons and he gets knocked out for hours. kyle rayner has been IN THE SUN, case point being that the sun is equivalent to lots of hydrogen bombs going off all the time all around him. kyle rayner was IN THE SUN safely.

no matter what dc 1 million/non-canon alt universes write, we all know superman couldn't do that. he needs to breathe. lack of air would kill him. and i don't think his body can absorb sunlight faster than energy is depleted to protect him from the sun.

and back to a practical fight: gl could create green k

Juntai
Originally posted by hyper_megaman
kalmaku beat the entire JLA within a minute. at his first time using a ring.

hal jordan has defeated superman with the ring before too. remember the part where he tried to come back and take kyle's ring? ganthet explained that hal was restricting himself subconsciously to having a standard green lantern's power, which is why his parallax form wasn't really strong. and he took on jonn, wally, aqua, queen, and supes.

why would gl lose? to transmute elements, the ring can bloody initiate nuclear reactions, it can even absorb the binding energy balance/give the balance to initiate safe fusion/fissions. superman's aura/invulnerability has only proven to be able to take 1 megaton point blank without ill effect. 40 megatons and he gets knocked out for hours. kyle rayner has been IN THE SUN, case point being that the sun is equivalent to lots of hydrogen bombs going off all the time all around him. kyle rayner was IN THE SUN safely.

no matter what dc 1 million/non-canon alt universes write, we all know superman couldn't do that. he needs to breathe. lack of air would kill him. and i don't think his body can absorb sunlight faster than energy is depleted to protect him from the sun.

and back to a practical fight: gl could create green k Did you just make all that up? lol.

Sea King
wow the only thing i can get out of that whole thing is he can make green k and well yeah he could but wouldent it be better altogether just to make green k radition in all of his constructs no matter what it is then superman would go down.

or he could just make constructs that filters yellow sun energy and converts it to red sun energy wraping sups in it now their wont be anything to get out of because it could simply be in a arua form around sups so he can not break out or get away from it. then sups loeses his powers and gl wins cool (they no longer have the yellow weakness)

i know nobody is gonna say gl cant do that cause the ring can do what ever the user wants it to and that right their is what the user would want it to do. smile

Mindship
Originally posted by Mane
yeah like in Marvel vs DC, when GL went to fight Silver Surfer (which BTW was a shitty fight) he created entire body armour, lance, and a motorcycle. but he lost.

Yeah, that was a pretty crappy fight...but then, the whole series was a garbage rush (though I did like Spider-Man vs Superboy, and Batman vs Captain America).

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Sea King
wow the only thing i can get out of that whole thing is he can make green k and well yeah he could but wouldent it be better altogether just to make green k radition in all of his constructs no matter what it is then superman would go down.

or he could just make constructs that filters yellow sun energy and converts it to red sun energy wraping sups in it now their wont be anything to get out of because it could simply be in a arua form around so he can not break out or get away from it. then sups loeses his powers and gl wins cool (they no longer have the yellow weakness)

i know nobody is gonna say gl cant do that cause the ring can do what ever the user wants it to and that right their is what the user would want it to do. smile

OR...he could just create a red sun then fight with green K armour erm

Sea King
Originally posted by Blair Wind
OR...he could just create a red sun then fight with green K armour erm

yes guess he could smile

Juntai
OR...he could just create a red sun then fight with green K armour erm Far too much willpower to summon while fighting the man of tommorow.

Sea King
Far too much willpower to summon while fighting the man of tommorow.

actually it would take less willpower to do that then it would to contain an atomic explosion

snoopdogg
Far too much willpower to summon while fighting the man of tommorow. Indeed.

Blair Wind
Edit: bah Im giving away to many secrets...Ill bump the thread when the tournaments done big grin

Sea King
heck ill even go on a limb saying it would take less will power to do that while fighting sups then it does to fight around 13 gls all by your self

(hal jordan did that before he became parallax. dont believe that he beat that many by himself count the rings ons both of his hands in the comic)

Brute predator
super man can take him. he wins 7/10

hyper_megaman
Did you just make all that up? lol. the gl ring can do nuclear reactions. it's been stated by kyle rayner and plenty other gls. it's capable of splitting and restructuring atoms. that's why gls can make their clothes disappear and have a new gl suit go in its place. the clothes are stored as data, then restructured.
in space all respired waste products like CO2 and all excretions are converted via nuclear reactions into useable products, into suitable amounts of O2 and food and such. this is like taking apart carbon atoms of 12 protons/neutrons and restructuring them into necessary things, like oxygen which is 16 protons/neutrons. Atomic/nuclear energy releases/absorptions are very powerful shit, if you know your basic physics you should know this. it takes just 2 hydrogen atoms merging to a helium atom to create an explosion which could wipe out a continent.

this is why gls can fight wars without needing to stop to feed and do shittin n all. in times of need, the ring will sustain all known life forms' needs.

kyle rayner stated it himself too. 'did u know this ring could split an atom?'
the rings are preprogrammed to do some t hings without the will of the user. these are like protective auras, life support in space and underwater and all. these functions show how much the rings are capable of.

willpower pretty much means to not give up.
as long as the gl doesn't give up, the ring, as hal jordan said himself, makes him a god. tom kalmaku knew the importance of getting the ring away from jla's hands and returning it to oa, that's why he knew he couldn't give up. and that's why, at his first time at using a ring, he took out the entire JLA within 1 minute. everyone was knocked out. superman was kneeling on the ground crippled in his own fear. if kalmaku wanted to hurt/kill them, he could have slayed the entire jla who were out cold, right there right then. it's not outside the means of the green lantern rings. within 1 minute, the entire jla was out of the fight.

a word used to describe the rings: "omnipotence". superman is limited by certain strengths and defences. gl rings are infinite.

Juntai
the gl ring can do nuclear reactions. it's been stated by kyle rayner and plenty other gls. it's capable of splitting and restructuring atoms. that's why gls can make their clothes disappear and have a new gl suit go in its place. the clothes are stored as data, then restructured.
in space all respired waste products like CO2 and all excretions are converted via nuclear reactions into useable products, into suitable amounts of O2 and food and such. this is like taking apart carbon atoms of 12 protons/neutrons and restructuring them into necessary things, like oxygen which is 16 protons/neutrons. Atomic/nuclear energy releases/absorptions are very powerful shit, if you know your basic physics you should know this. it takes just 2 hydrogen atoms merging to a helium atom to create an explosion which could wipe out a continent.

this is why gls can fight wars without needing to stop to feed and do shittin n all. in times of need, the ring will sustain all known life forms' needs.

the rings are preprogrammed to do some t hings without the will of the user. these are like protective auras, life support in space and underwater and all. these functions show how much the rings are capable of.

willpower pretty much means to not give up.
as long as the gl doesn't give up, the ring, as hal jordan said himself, makes him a god. tom kalmaku knew the importance of getting the ring away from jla's hands and returning it to oa, that's why he knew he couldn't give up. and that's why, at his first time at using a ring, he took out the entire JLA within 1 minute. everyone was knocked out. superman was kneeling on the ground crippled in his own fear. if kalmaku wanted to hurt/kill them, he could have slayed the entire jla who were out cold, right there right then. it's not outside the means of the green lantern rings. within 1 minute, the entire jla was out of the fight.

a word used to describe the rings: "omnipotence". superman is limited by certain strengths and defences. gl rings are infinite.
I know what a GL ring can do; and I know the instances you're talking about. But you seem awfully at a loss of knowledge when it comes to Supes.

So for the sake of it, let me retort;

...what about the time Superman snatched the ring from a GL?
Or the time Kyle dumped an entire rings store of energy at Superman, and he just walzed through it, with just a few scrapes and cuts?
Or in Sacrifice when John despite his best efforts at containing the crazy Superman, was laid out when a casual strike blew his willpower construct apart like a shotgun does to a watermelon?

And the whole part about Superman NOT being able to go near a Sun?
Sorry, he's been inside of them. Through them, around them. Stars are no big deal to Supes since the early 90s. Most recently he flew through the center of a red one.

About Supes not being able to take a nuke? He's done it, a good amount of times, hell in one instance, he was hit with and contained a nuke level explosion and its fallout, while standing in kryptonite.

Wanna know what they've used to describe Superman?
"Godlike" "Godling" "Greatest Hero", and as "having a fury that could kneel Satan himself." Among other things.

MattDay
yea but haters go blind and write random things or heroes or anything that comes to mind just to make it sound like they are proving you wrong, just wait it'll happen... i'll be surprised if it doesn't!

K3VIL
GL can create anything with his ring.
John Stewart created a whole STARSHIP equipped with emergency capsules and all sort of things.
Hal, who's the best GL, could just make an exoskeleton which will boost his physical stats to upper superhuman levels and battle Supes with both the armor and the constructs he can made, and use Kryptonite as a last chance weapons.
Also remember each GL possess a skin-like force field which act as primary protection, their durability is great, and Hal already punked the JLA if I remember right, when he was a GL, not Parallax.

Sea King
Originally posted by K3VIL
GL can create anything with his ring.
John Stewart created a whole STARSHIP equipped with emergency capsules and all sort of things.
Hal, who's the best GL, could just make an exoskeleton which will boost his physical stats to upper superhuman levels and battle Supes with both the armor and the constructs he can made, and use Kryptonite as a last chance weapons.
Also remember each GL possess a skin-like force field which act as primary protection, their durability is great, and Hal already punked the JLA if I remember right, when he was a GL, not Parallax.

Co-Singed

hyper_megaman
I know what a GL ring can do; and I know the instances you're talking about. But you seem awfully at a loss of knowledge when it comes to Supes.

So for the sake of it, let me retort;

...what about the time Superman snatched the ring from a GL?
Or the time Kyle dumped an entire rings store of energy at Superman, and he just walzed through it, with just a few scrapes and cuts?
Or in Sacrifice when John despite his best efforts at containing the crazy Superman, was laid out when a casual strike blew his willpower construct apart like a shotgun does to a watermelon?

And the whole part about Superman NOT being able to go near a Sun?
Sorry, he's been inside of them. Through them, around them. Stars are no big deal to Supes since the early 90s. Most recently he flew through the center of a red one.

About Supes not being able to take a nuke? He's done it, a good amount of times, hell in one instance, he was hit with and contained a nuke level explosion and its fallout, while standing in kryptonite.

Wanna know what they've used to describe Superman?
"Godlike" "Godling" "Greatest Hero", and as "having a fury that could kneel Satan himself." Among other things. he flew through it at high speeds to dash out the other side. given supe's capable speeds, and the fact that it was 2 mature supes vs a boy, i doubt they'd have trouble pushing him at high enough speeds. and all that was needed wat that tiny bit of contact to render him powerless for more than a year.

your average nuclear bomb, the fission bomb goes off at below a ton to around 400 kilotons(if u really throw in a lot of material). the average nuclear bomb is at only 5 kilotons.
h-bombs are expected to go off at 4-5 megatons.
do you know how many hydrogen atoms are fusing in the sun at the same point of time? how many megatons do you think the sun is bursting externally and internally, with such power that it keeps itself apart to such a humongous size when it should have collapsed upon its own gravity compressed to the size of a pea, given its incredible mass. it takes a huge amount of power, and the answer is 100 billion megatons.

supes was knocked out cold by a 40 megaton bomb once. wtf do u think he can do against 100 billion megatons.
that's 40,000,000 tons
vs
100,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons of force. from all around him. how much do you think is enough to kill him if 40megaton knocked him out?

i've seen kyle rayner take 100 megatons with no ill effect, but those who know what i'm talking about should know it's an unfair comparison, so yea let's just keep it out.

supes is incapable of staying in the sun. he needs to breathe and all. and i don't think the radiation he absorbs would be enough to provide power to protect him from the heat. sooner or later he'd run out of previously-stored juice. and very rapidly too.

kyle rayner, not exactly the best of green lanterns, has ventured inside to explore during the final night issue. he was safe in there, and was looking all around like he was strolling in the park, just that he was sweating/slightly hot. and he did it more than once, when he had to retrieve hal's body from the sun.

Grimm22
Most GL's can beat him erm

Heck even John pwned Supes in Rebirth

hyper_megaman
another way to put it would be,

supes absorbs PART of what the sun gives off

GLs can create WHOLE SUNS

If it takes x kJ to create a SUN(algebra), then the sun couldn't possibly give off the same amount in an instant. it still has to store power and slowly release it through billions of years before it finally runs out.

so if it takes x kJ to create a sun, the sun would be giving off(given a lifespan of 1 bil years and, well, a consistent release for this entire period)
x / 1,000,000,000,000 kJ per year
and thus
x / 365,000,000,000,000 kJ per day

GLs can emit x KJ of power.
supes absorbs only part of
possibly less than 1 in a million.

do a comparison here, man

Sea King
another way to put it would be,

supes absorbs PART of what the sun gives off

GLs can create WHOLE SUNS

If it takes x kJ to create a SUN(algebra), then the sun couldn't possibly give off the same amount in an instant. it still has to store power and slowly release it through billions of years before it finally runs out.

so if it takes x kJ to create a sun, the sun would be giving off(given a lifespan of 1 bil years and, well, a consistent release for this entire period)
x / 1,000,000,000,000 kJ per year
and thus

GLs can emit x KJ of power.
supes absorbs only part of
possibly less than 1 in a million.

do a comparison here, man

im a littel lost here your saying gl would win right??

hyper_megaman
im a littel lost here your saying gl would win right??

lol yea supes absorbs energy from the sun to power himself

if gls can emit x kilojoules to make the sun

supes only absorbs a fraction of
x / 365,000,000,000,000 kJoules per day
possibly
x / 365,000,000,000,000,000,000 kJ per day

meaning gls can give more than 365,000,000,000,000,000,000 times more power than supes.

Sea King
lol yea supes absorbs energy from the sun to power himself

if gls can emit x kilojoules to make the sun

supes only absorbs a fraction of
x / 365,000,000,000,000 kJoules per day
possibly
x / 365,000,000,000,000,000,000 kJ per day

meaning gls can give more than 365,000,000,000,000,000,000 times more power than supes.

all ok yep big grin

or he could make a construct around his body of superman that has supermans powers and emits green k radition.

hyper_megaman
that should be easy. jordan has beaten the crap out of mongul and his son too. and had to hurry off for the former because he was worried for superman's safety

Blair Wind

where did he state that?

mighty adam
hal would beat him and kyle could beat him if there is no pis. gl like hal and kyle are godlike their power wise is up there with the sliver surfer. the gl ring is the greatest weapon in the dcu supes is great but them two gl's got him beat.

mighty adam
Far too much willpower to summon while fighting the man of tommorow. hal could do it shit he don't even need all that to beat the MAN OF TOMMOROW.

Blair Wind
where did he state that?

just need an issue number for this or a scan if possible...and I sent you a PM Hyper_Megaman thanks for the quick replies....your last response will be most welcome big grin

Your going to be my new best friend yes stick out tongue

Sea King
well in any case their is more ways for a gl to win this then i have time to sit here and talk about i mean it would take at leats a year if not more to say them all.

the main thing is that a gl can make whatever they want with their ring. so pretty much in this and any gl fight/argument whatever the person that is on the gl's side can make up the gl could do.

Blair Wind
Validus? Can you confirm that Kyle has said that the ring can split an atom....

and that the ring could fuse said hydrogen atoms and said helium atom?

Sea King
Validus? Can you confirm that Kyle has said that the ring can split an atom....

and that the ring could fuse said hydrogen atoms and said helium atom?

i can confirm kyle has said the ring can split an atom and i can give you what comic to

Blair Wind
yea? any way I could get a scan for that? if not the issue is reclucantly ok I guess.

Sea King
yea? any way I could get a scan for that? if not the issue is reclucantly ok I guess.

give me a sec and ill get the scan big grin

Blair Wind
Thanks big grin

Skeets
Thanks big grin
Scavenger!!!

Blair Wind
hey Sea King I got it already....dont worry about it...Unless you want to get the scans right before it big grin which would be helpful...I have this:
http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanternv3135052wj.jpg

Sea King
sorry it took so long but my pc scans kind of slow but here it is its from

hidding in plain sight prt4 while rome burned

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/PhotoMaster_01/LastScan-3.jpg

Blair Wind
hey Sea King I got it already....dont worry about it...Unless you want to get the scans right before it big grin which would be helpful...I have this:
http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=greenlanternv3135052wj.jpg

hey Sea King embarrasment

Validus
sorry it took so long but my pc scans kind of slow but here it is its from

hidding in plain sight prt4 while rome burned

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j175/PhotoMaster_01/LastScan-3.jpg
The Alex Nero story arc. One of my favorite Kyle story arcs.

Sea King
hey Sea King embarrasment

Yes??

Sea King
Originally posted by Validus
The Alex Nero story arc. One of my favorite Kyle story arcs.

mine two i have the thick book new jorney old path and the reg comics of it

Blair Wind
what did he do right before that? confused

Sea King
what did he do right before that? confused

he told the jla they may have to kill alex nero

Blair Wind
Cool thanks.....all from me tonight big grin

Sea King
Cool thanks.....all from me tonight big grin

k night bud big grin

rotiart
I am a little annoyed.

1. people saying GL's can only create "green" When Kyle was going a little cuckoo he create Oblivian, as well as "other" green lanterns who were really aspects of his mind. Kyle asked oblivian why oblivian wasn't green, to which his response basically was that the ring can do anything, but the GLs limit themselves to green, because it takes less energy to create only pure green objects.

In the Green Lantern/Silver Surfer Crossover, GL created a device to help harness the powers required by Thanos.

GLs are so much more powerful than people give them credit. A ring thats only limit is your imagination and willpower, a ring without limit... kyles.. ring... To other gls, their are 2 limits. The uppermost of your power supply, or the uppermost of your will. I'm not sure where the limit is on either.

And if its current Kyle Rayner. Who has access as Ion to both the Starheart AND the Oan Battery... well dammit superman goes down, and you won't have me thinking different.

Sea King
Originally posted by rotiart
I am a little annoyed.

1. people saying GL's can only create "green" When Kyle was going a little cuckoo he create Oblivian, as well as "other" green lanterns who were really aspects of his mind. Kyle asked oblivian why oblivian wasn't green, to which his response basically was that the ring can do anything, but the GLs limit themselves to green, because it takes less energy to create only pure green objects.

In the Green Lantern/Silver Surfer Crossover, GL created a device to help harness the powers required by Thanos.

GLs are so much more powerful than people give them credit. A ring thats only limit is your imagination and willpower, a ring without limit... kyles.. ring... To other gls, their are 2 limits. The uppermost of your power supply, or the uppermost of your will. I'm not sure where the limit is on either.

And if its current Kyle Rayner. Who has access as Ion to both the Starheart AND the Oan Battery... well dammit superman goes down, and you won't have me thinking different.

well now do you feel better getting that off your chest?? cause your right they can make more then just green. um for instence their suit is made with the ring and it is black,white all kinds of colors. cool

Validus
I don't think anyone would argue Superman loses to current Kyle.

kgkg
Other than auto shield why couldn't superman speed blitz............?

Superman has crealy shown that Gl's mental process is nowhere near his.

Skeets
I don't think anyone would argue Superman loses to current Kyle.
Supes Beats him 10/10

Sea King
Originally posted by kgkg
Other than auto shield why couldn't superman speed blitz............?

Superman has crealy shown that Gl's mental process is nowhere near his.

um well like you already said auto sheild also a gl could make a construct to protect him from any kind of harm what so ever as soon as the fight starts

Validus
Initial speed is the one advantage Kal has.

The way I see it and the way I'll always see it is if Kal doesn't KO the GL right away (and I mean right away), he's screwed. A no nonsense GL isn't going to waste time with BS constructs.

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
Supes Beats him 10/10
That's a statement, not an argument. jockey

Sea King
Initial speed is the one advantage Kal has.

The way I see it and the way I'll always see it is if Kal doesn't KO the GL right away (and I mean right away), he's screwed. A no nonsense GL isn't going to waste time with BS constructs.

um well that is a good point but the thing is if a gl consumed themself in a superman construct that had all the powers of sups then they would be equal in speed

kgkg
um well like you already said auto sheild also a gl could make a construct to protect him from any kind of harm what so ever as soon as the fight starts make construct..... that will hold Superman....... in the past superman has broken Gl Constuct pretty easily infact.

am talking about speed

Validus
um well that is a good point but the thing is if a gl consumed themself in a superman construct that had all the powers of sups then the would be equal in speed
He could amp his thought processes without a construct. Outside of shields and the more advanced constructs like Kyle's Daxamites or Speed Force users, constructs are rather useless.

Sea King
make construct..... that will hold Superman....... in the past superman has broken Gl Constuct pretty easily infact.

am talking about speed

read this

um well that is a good point but the thing is if a gl consumed themself in a superman construct that had all the powers of sups then they would be equal in speed

Sea King
He could amp his thought processes without a construct. Outside of shields and the more advanced constructs like Kyle's Daxamites or Speed Force users, constructs are rather useless.

yeah but it dont stop my idea from working

Skeets
That's a statement, not an argument. jockey
Shut up...ermm
Hal's gonna own ION soon....tuftwoot

Validus
make construct..... that will hold Superman....... in the past superman has broken Gl Constuct pretty easily infact.

They've held top tier bruisers too and easily at that. Just look at John Stewart containing Martian Manhunter with the utmost ease in Cosmic Odyssey. Flash has failed to IMP his way out of constructs too. GL's job to the 'S' shield.

Sea King
ill be on tomorrow but for now im bed bound night all big grin

kgkg

Skeets
They've held top tier bruisers too and easily at that. Just look at John Stewart containing Martian Manhunter with the utmost ease in Cosmic Odyssey. Flash has failed to IMP his way out of constructs too. GL's job to the 'S' shield.
That's Why Cyborg's gonna wreck Guy and Hal.

kgkg
So what do we take high ends or low end....... i mean it's random.....

One day they doing some good stuff.

Other day shiled are getting broken by supes, WM etc.......

it's to random.......

kgkg
That's Why Cyborg's gonna wreck Guy and Hal. u into sig making bizness can you make me one buddy big grin

Validus
That's Why Cyborg's gonna wreck Guy and Hal.
Cyborg has 5 power rings. Hal and Guy should get killed with all that power.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>