CAN YOU SING? /or at least think you can

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blackwidowlover
SING TO ME BABY!!!

or at least try

now i beleive on some chat sites you can use a mic to talk, or in this case, prove your grovy talents.
but this is a forum not a chat site so i don't know if thats possible.
so instead we will just prove ourselves by nameing a place and time where you sang, and were loved for it.

another thing, poetry in many cases is turned into song, so if you have a little somthin to show off, go for it.

Fearnix
I think i can screech and growl pretty good.

blackwidowlover
ooo

growl now THAT is talent smile

loserib
i guese i would say yes i can sing since i sing in a band that plays local shows here in modesto if you read the who writes rock lyrics thread i have some of my work posted there we should have mp3s up hopefully some time next month
your from san jose thats cool i lived there untill i was 11 i have lots of family that still lives there

Fearnix
you try growling

loserib
i can do both and am actully really good at switching back and forth the type of voice i use depneds on what the part of the song calles for

Fearnix
yeah i can do that i because of singing along to
Death,Lamb Of God,Dismember,Obituary,Opeth and Nile

ChickinMeat
ive been told i can sing quite well when i used to play in a band, but there lying i tell you!

el_barto
I try to sing, but I don't know if I'm good

BloomBabyGirl
i was ina band when i was uh...10 years old and we held a concert on our block and made 100 dollers so i guess i can sing

Punkyhermy
i can't sing!
atleast ppl say so....
but i sing all the time, i sing for fun!
but whrn i start everyone starts laughing!
lol

ssj4goku
i sing karaoke does that count and i have been told that i needed to start a band so i guess i am a good singer otherwise i dont know

eezy45
I can sing smile even while playing my beloved guitar

PippinTook
I think that's talent yes No sarcasm or anything meant, Fearnix.

I can sort of sing...I mean, I'm not the greatest singer, but I'm okay. confused

Punkyhermy
i suck, atleast i think...

Fearnix
Thanx big grin

periera
Well, when I was in the 6th and 7th grades my wacky choir teacher used to pull me out of class and try to get me to switch my schedule around to take choir, and when she was the hall monitor during lunch she used to make me promise that I'd take choir before she'd let me go to the bathroom, so yeah, I can sing. smile

Plus, whenever I sing around someone who doesn't know that I have the talent they say "whoa! you can sing!"

smile

fuct_up_kid
cool yes

i can kinda sing...i don't think i'm good enough to sing in a band or anything...i'll just stick to guitar smile

PippinTook
^ Same here stick out tongue My passion is my guitar...not my voice.

No problem, Fearnix. smile

SeptemberRain

PippinTook
Sweet, SeptemberRain yes

PrefectRonnykin
nope erm

im a drummer big grin

Red Superfly
I I don't think I can sing too great - but I know for a fact my singing is better than A LOT of bands out there who are getting critical acclaim, headlining venues and getting paid top dollar for their stuff.

There's a lot of bands, rock bands in particular, who don't have great singers at all - but seem to make up for the lack of vocal talent elsewhere, like their performances, energy, crowd participation, atmosphere, and musical talent of the band itself.

Besides - how many singers have you heard with AMAZING vocal talent - yet they still sound like vanilla cookie cutter fodder, no different to the next amazing vocalist? Most pop stars could be taken into that category.

I'm currently trying to adopt my own voice, while also focussing on technical quality.

Too many people try and sing like their favourite singer, they sound so boring, and weak. By doing that, you either don't make it, become a great cover vocalist, or Simon Cowell picks you as the next winner of Pop Idol.

PippinTook
^ Brilliantly said, Red Superfly yes I agree. I used to try to sing like some famous singer and I always sounded horrible, but when I sang(sang? sung? I dunno stick out tongue ) something I randomly made up or wrote, I actually sounded pretty damn good wink Haha.

SeptemberRain
thanks

PippinTook
No problem. wink

blackwidowlover
I have taken chorus for 4 years I consider my self a good singer

loserib
i agree with red superfly i go out of my way to not sound like anyone else one of the hardist things as a vocalist is finding your own voice

PippinTook
^ yes I agree, loserib.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.