The Frighteners, a very underrated film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sonofasaiyan
I love Michael J. Fox in the frighteners. It was suspensful, disturbing and hilarious at the appropriate times. The movie had a great premise and an interesting story. It was centered around Frank Bannister (Michael J. Fox) a man who's makes a living of the dead. His wife died 6 years earlier in a crash but, he survived. Frank is kind of paranormal detective, kinda. He has the ability to see ectoplasmic beings who still wander the earth and uses this to his advantage. They work for him haunting homes. He his town's eccentric and is treated as such by pretty much everyone, except the beautiful Lucy Lynskey (Trini Alvarado). Frank then starts seeing numbers etched in the foreheads of people. Frank must then figure what's going on and stop a phantom figure donning a sickle from kill these innocents. It was a real sleeper hit and was deserving of so much more than it got.yes

Red Superfly
I love this movie.

Mr Zero
It's great - back before Peter Jackson turned to shit and forgot how to use actors.

Red Superfly
Not a LOTR fan Z?

Mr Zero
You picking up on that eh? And I thought I hid it so well....

ragesRemorse
So you think Lotr had poor acting?

sonofasaiyan
See, this a major issue on this site to I wanted honor an excellent film but people ruin it ^^^^see!!!!mad

Mr Zero
Another major issue is that your sig pic is making me dry heave.

sonofasaiyan
Your avatar does that to me. sick

roundisfunny
Oh yea wel yer dumlol

I didn't like "The Frighteners" when it debuted, but that's probably because I was expecting more from R. Lee Ermey, whom I practically worshipped at that time.

A friend loaned me a videotape of it several months ago, though, and I was able to appreciate it a little more. Frankly, I don't see why there's such a big fuss about Peter Jackson directing it (for better or worse); there doesn't seem to be anything particularly "Jackson-esque" about the production.

Mr Zero
See - now your scaring me.

I think it's only a "big deal" that jackson directed it because it was the last of the "peter jackson" movies before he went Hollywood and died.

It's quirky, funny, bleak and slightly disturbing - very jackson-esque if ya ask me.

sonofasaiyan
no expression

dean7879
the frighteners is a class film....i especially love the blue oyster cult song at the end of the film smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.