J K Rowling at the Edinburgh Book Festival

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Zero

DanZeke25
cool, i paticurly like this paragragh

I thought that I would give you something though, rather than get to the end of today and think that I have not given you a lot. There are two questions that I have never been asked but that I should have been asked, if you know what I mean. If you want to speculate on anything, you should speculate on these two things, which will point you in the right direction. The first question that I have never been asked?it has probably been asked in a chatroom but no one has ever asked me?is, ?Why didn?t Voldemort die?? Not, ?Why did Harry live?? but, ?Why didn?t Voldemort die?? The killing curse rebounded, so he should have died. Why didn?t he? At the end of Goblet of Fire he says that one or more of the steps that he took enabled him to survive. You should be wondering what he did to make sure that he did not die?I will put it that way. I don?t think that it is guessable. It may be?someone could guess it?but you should be asking yourself that question, particularly now that you know about the prophesy. I?d better stop there or I will really incriminate myself. The other question that I am surprised no one has asked me since Phoenix came out?I thought that people would?is why Dumbledore did not kill or try to kill Voldemort in the scene in the ministry. I know that I am giving a lot away to people who have not read the book. Although Dumbledore gives a kind of reason to Voldemort, it is not the real reason. When I mentioned that question to my husband?I told Neil that I was going to mention it to you?he said that it was because Voldemort knows that there are two more books to come. As you can see, we are on the same literary wavelength. . That is not the answer; Dumbledore knows something slightly more profound than that. If you want to wonder about anything, I would advise you to concentrate on those two questions. That might take you a little bit further.

I think i have the answer to the questions... even though i'm usually wrong but heres my theory.

I think the Voldemort didnt die when the spell rebounded because if he did it would have been him that killled himself, not harry, and the prophecy says either must die in the hands of the other. So Voldemort can't die unless Harry kills him, and Harry can't die unless Voldemort kills him. And that is also the answer to the second question. Dumbledore couldn't kill Voldemort because of the Prophecy. Harr has to kill Voldemort or Voldemort has to kill Harry.

But thats just my theory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.