Anime Death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Celestialgirl
What was the saddest anime death scene you've ever seen? Mine was when Chidori died in Ayashi no Ceres.

soundtrack
one of the "sad anime deaths" that ive seen is in cb *actually there's a couple*.
erm ....i dont know if i should say anything else. what if someone didnt see these series? im not trying to be mean, but i dont think i like this thread. i do but i dont sry sad

kurakitsune
the saddest umm when in X that guy killed his friend and he was holding his body oley cuz the head got cut off i think that the saddest i think i have more just give me some time

soundtrack
whatever u do dont give any names to characters that die (happened to me in another thread). it can ruin the stroy for someone who hasnt seen it yet erm

^o and kk that was kinda weird *my opinion*, not really sad erm

BlackHatDefect
SPOILERS:

OK...Spike from Bebop killed me.I started laughting hysterically,then I was wailing..and I WAS WARNED HE DIED BEFOREHAND~

Nuriko(Fushigi Yuugi too.Reading it was one thing,watching it ate me...

soundtrack
i wasnt crying when spike bit the dust, but i was really REALLY upset....
sad . hes my favorite anime character, but it had to be like that for the stroy to stay on-tact. but it still sucks that he had to die erm

bardock
andriod 16 he couldnt be wished back

soundtrack
o...i forgot about him, that was kinda sad. *good episode too stick out tongue *

celestial_moon
definately nuriko and spike's death. i know there was one other but i cant remember.

soundtrack
oo i forgot....n.d. wolfwood (trigun) that was very sad sad

kurakitsune
spike died i did not know and ya poor wolfwood that suck and i thot he wuld make it hmm oo when leomon in digimon 3 died that was sad

Ayame
The saddest anime death that I ever saw was when this angry friend went on a rollercoaster with her friend and her boyfriend... and during the dark part of the rollercoaster(where you could not see anything at all) the mad friend leaned over and chopped the dudes head off!!! messed Then after everyone found out that she did it she started crying and was yelling WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!

soundtrack
um...yea...well that is more of a crazy phycotic bizoch who needs to be put in an insane asylem. but i can kinda see where that falls into the category of sad deaths...kinda erm

Reborn Again
When the lil' girl died in The Grave of the Fireflies.

RaventheOnly
yes and spike sad ..... and a few of the Gundum characters in the original especially the last Zaku general who died fighting all of the federation alone sad as the women and children escaped sad

Silver Stardust
Spike, definitely...

BlackHatDefect
GAHHH!Reborn,you hit the nail right on its ugly head..THIA WAS SO SAD!

soundtrack
um....'grin' as well (cb). i dont know if any of u have seen RahXephon, but there was this 1 episode *i think her name was megumi or something* and she ended up being intwined with one of the mu/aliens souls. that was a pretty sad episode sad , but atleast she wasnt really the main character in the story or anything smile .

BakaXero
theres alot of sad deaths in Kenshin...
his 1st wife for example...
and others deaths werent so great...
kenshin dies from of some sort of illness
it was kinda of dissapointing....

soundtrack
o yea, i remember watching the samari x movie that was very dissapointing erm .

tehOTAKU777
Spike....Wolfwood.... I was really sad wen Legato died.. But the all time saddest for me, was in the movie, Millennium Actress, when the old lady died, i cried for 2 hours straight!!!!!!!

Celestialgirl
Another new death in the maga of Inuyasha is when Kagura dies that was said I almost cried

soundtrack
one of the ones that ALMOST made me cry was n.d. wolfwood that was so sad.

Serket
Toboe from Wolf's Rain. He was accidentally shot by the man he was trying to protect. And the man died too.

nails
Wolfs rain definitly, When Toboe was shot through the heart me and my friends were crying, he was so young too! and also when Hige (same show) got his neck ripped open, gross but it was so sad, he asked Tsume to kill him, cause the pain was too much for him. The last ep killed me.
Cowboys last ep was sad too, but a good ending.~

radioboy121
Setsuko's death was indeed a tearjerker.

The father and sister's death from the collapsing household in Barefoot Gen (actually everyone dying all over) was hard to take.

Serket
I also say when Sulia died in Fatal Fury: TMP. It was kind of corny though.

JLred
I thought the FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST death of Edwards and his brother's mom death was pretty sad. Not bloody or gorey just pretty sad.

Jace_Rave
CHER!!! WHY?!!! *starts tearing up again just from the thought*

RyokoMasaki
Toboes death was sad.... poor lil wolf. So was Sasami's "death". They were both young and curious...... then they died! sad

big gay kirk
Asuk langley Sohryu dying to the strains of Air on a G-String.... sad because she had only just realised her mother's love and her own self-worth.... also Misato Katsuragi's death after promising Shinji something.... and when kirika kills the ex KGB death camp commander in Noir....

Scarpa
I dont really have one

Sai1
I guess I'll ressurect this since this is what I wanted to address. Been a few years so we may get some new answers anyway. I don't even have to think twice. Without a doubt, the saddest thing I have ever seen in an anime, let alone the saddest death is in Saishuu Heiki Kanojo when that whole scene where Akemi is dying in Shuji's arms. I was watching the screen in shock the whole time. If you have seen this, you know it has to be one of the saddest if not the saddest moment witnessed in an anime.

Sai1
Oh man, I just read all the others and they don't even begin to compare (with the exception of maybe The Grave of the Fireflies). If you guys only knew. smile The one I just mentioned would have you bawling your eyes out. Technically, I didn't cry (much to my own surprise) but I think it's becuase I was in too much shock.

Wolfs Rain, I can't comment on cause I haven't seen it.

natashia
the saddest ive seen is chriko of of fushigi yuggi
i just read on the inuyasha manga page (translation of the latest chapter) that kikyo died.
Kagome tried to save her with an arrow but it was too late. At the end inuyasha asked the whole group to give him and kikyo( well the body ) a few moments alone. but the chapter brings out that although kagome couldn't save kikyo she did save her soul.
sad but happy

SelphieT
saddest is anything from Akira. That movie was....*shudders* too damn scary

Sai1
Originally posted by SelphieT
saddest is anything from Akira. That movie was....*shudders* too damn scary

scary ≠ sad

SelphieT
Originally posted by Sai1
scary ≠ sad

..............its sad how scary it is.

spencerspider
when vegeta blew himself up to save his son and goku and bulma. he died finally thinking he could beat goku. it was sad,

Sai1
Man, alot of people here seems to be confusing truely sad with unfortunate laughing

natashia
haahahaha
in vegetas case i think your right.

Sai1
How about the one: "android 16 couldn't be wished back". smile I'm assuming this is becasue he was already wished back. In which case he already had a second chance! laughing

Sai1
Originally posted by Sai1
How about the one: "android 16 he couldn't be wished back". smile I'm assuming this is becasue he was already wished back. In which case he already had a second chance! laughing

Joker1237
Chloe in Noir was pretty sad, she was growing on me. But than to see her so upset and her finally death scene. I mean she was the coolness person in that whole series.

But yeah I pretty upset they killed her off.

allenonotosho
Well i say that a sad anime death was when Shirley died on Code Geass. it was sad that i almost bursted into tears.

Nemesis X
I was sad when Misane died at the end of Witchblade. That was horrible, she had a daughter for christ sakes. Don't be thinking I'm going emo here.

Wei Phoenix
Toki's death was by far one of the most emotional and hard deaths to take.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Rei's death in HNK series. And the one I can't stand the most : Shirley in Code Geass R2.

P.S : f00k Rollo.

Nemesis X
When I watched Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, I saw Motoko's head blown off by a sniper and I was unbelievably pissed. One episode later, she's still alive and I sighed with relief.

Kento
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Toki's death was by far one of the most emotional and hard deaths to take.

Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Rei's death in HNK series..

Those were sad deaths. Also in the newest movie that whole village. That was pretty sad because everything looked like it was going to be happy ending.

While not technically from the anime..Yanagi's death in Flame of Recca was extremely sad.

Kirikaze Fuuma
but She was revived.

Kento
but She was revived. Didn't make her death any less sad. Or when she began to vanish thinking she'd disappear with the rest of the flames.

Bro SMASH
HNK had so many sad deaths. Not only Rei and Toki's death but also Shuu's too.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Kento
Didn't make her death any less sad. Or when she began to vanish thinking she'd disappear with the rest of the flames.

Yeah, that's what I think when i read manga vol. 32 for the 1st time. But I'm glad She revived.

Brandon-E
Rei's death in HNK series. And the one I can't stand the most : Shirley in Code Geass R2.

P.S : f00k Rollo.

Rei didn't deserve to die a horrible death. If I were Buronson. I'd have him live.

Nemesis X
I'm glad that Light died at the end of Death Note. Come at me if can Light fans, I'm ready and prepared and I can't be touched stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.