Ghosts in Hogwarts!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fanatos
I was just wondering: why some people have ghosts when they die and some don't confused ? Take that girl in the toilet for example. She has a ghost. Why for example Cedric doesn't have a ghost? .

ladygrim
to me people who have met an untimely end (murdered mainly) like moaning murtle was killed by the basali thing (big snake) SHES A GHOST
nearly head-less nick had his head damaged brutally. hes a ghost
and many of the others meet there death in siilar circumstances
but why they are at hogwarts i dont know but we dont know if cedric is a ghos yet as he was murdered by voldy ... and we didnt really see that much of hogwarts in the last book so he mite be plus his parents still could be they are still quite recent deaths unlike the others... and theres still 2 books for them to show up ..

fanatos
Hmmm... I thought Cedric was killed by Wormtale, when Voldemort said "Kill the spare" wink

eezy45
well, didn't nearly headless nick say that being a ghost or not is a choice you can make when you died?

and that it would be nicer for a dead's soul to stay in.. heaven?

and that's why they're so rare... he did explain that to harry didn't he

ladygrim
god knows...

angelsflame265
he did

fanatos
He really did. I just finished the book and now read it. By the way, there was said nothing about Percy, after the ministry realized that Voldemort is back.

Rad_1
The explanation for that may come in Half-Blood Prince.yes Remember, Harry asked Nearly-Headless Nick, but Nick didn't want to - or couldn't - explain. But I'm sure the answer is yet to come.big grin.

flamewielder
that he definitly did....becuz harry wanted to know if sirius would come back as a ghost

Orlando´s Angel
yup, thats truth.................anybody who dont want to die (but is alredy dead) can come as a ghost..........

(great photo fanatos)

celestial_moon
yeah. he said that if you really didnt want to go to the afterlife, you can stay here in this world as a ghost. BUT once you make your decision, it's final. for example, you cant choose to be a ghost and then say that you want to continue to the afterlife.

(i agree fanatos. good pic idea)

ArrghPirateGirl
yes

~Air Angel~
i think sirius will be back as a ghost b/c he has a lot of unfinished business.

Orlando´s Angel
yes!!! yes ...................i think the same.....

ArrghPirateGirl
.....Not sure blink

Orlando´s Angel
well then say YES !!!!

row476
Nearly headless Nick didn't think that he would become a ghost. He said something along the lines of "He would have moved on." But I DO think that harry will be able to contact Sirius somehow...

row476
whoops. I mean that Nearly headless Nick didn't think that SIRIUS would become a ghost. Sorry if that was confusing embarrasment

Rad_1
I don't think Sirius is even dead.messed

Orlando´s Angel
yeah..................same I...........HE IS A LIVE!!!

Phoenix
Nick became a ghost because he was afraid of death - in Rowling's world, being a ghost isn't death, its more a facsimile of life, a shadow. Cedric would never be afraid of death - he was a courageous man. Also, Cedric didn't have any unfinished business - he knew who his murderer was, and he knew Harry would do his best to bring meaning and justice to Cedric's death.

Fear and uncertainty are the two main reasons to become a ghost - Sirius and Cedric had neither.

Merry Lover
Maybe you can't come back as a gost if you were killed by Avada Kedavra.
Cedric and Harry parents were, and they're not gosts... And (maybe I'm wrong...) I think Nick said that you can choose if you want to be a gost or not. Harrys parents would have wanted to be gosts (I would if I died before seeing my child grow up!). I dunno about Cedric, though.

Orlando´s Angel
Good point............... stick out tongue confused

ArrghPirateGirl
yes

oceanflame
I think that when you choose to become a ghost you can never passover ... you'll have to stay as a ghost for ever maybe thats why most people when thay die don't choose to become a ghost

BingaBonga
I wonder about that. First off, I don't believe in ghosts, but I think that in the books ghosts can't pass on...

shaber
Goodness, read OTF!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.