Jim Carrey For Joker!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Punkyhermy
Seriously!I KNOW HE'LL DO GREAT!!!!!!!

Mr Zero
He was a terrible Ridler, I dont see why we should let the goofy bufoon ruin the joker as well. The joker has to have MENACE.

who?-kid
He was a terrible Riddler in a terrible film. He's a talented and versatile actor, and can certainly play the part of the Joker.

Jack Nicholson did a decent job when playing Joker, but I can not say it scared me one bit. I found him funny and a bit mean (just like my aunt). But menacing ? No, not really.

ScarletSpider
I don't like Jim Carrey at all. He does nothing but ruin movies with his over the top annoying attempts at comedy.

who?-kid
I'm not a fan or so, but I respect him. He can do more than look stupid in "Dumb and Dumber". In "The Cable Guy" he was a bit menacing, and in the "Truman Show" he acted very good ! Same for "The Majestic", "Man on the Moon" and "Eternal Sunshine of the spotless Mind".

Not trying to convince anybody, just pointing out he IS a good actor.

I rest my case.

Mane
i COMPLETELY agree! we really need someone that has the goofy factor, but if you look deep into their eyes you can see torment, terror, pain, and hatred. if someone could do that that would be amazing.

Nataku8188
Hmmm... I think The dude who played Titus's brother on the show... Titus would make a BADASS carnage or joker. Preferrably carnage, but id settle for joker.

Linkalicious
Jack was not a decent Joker. He was THE Joker. No one will ever do as good of a job as Jack did.

he was the best villian in any comic based movie....bar none.

JuggernautFan
hmmm, jim carrey as joker??? i've have to go with a big NO on that one. he just doesnt fit the part. sure he played a good bruce allmighty. but the joker?? 2 different things all together. i dont think J.C. should ever play in another super hero movie again. although he did do a good job in "the cable guy". i thought he played a good villain. or "me myself and irene" his other personality was pretty menacing "its hard to hit a moving target". he was just about to whip ass in that part, if the guy hadnt hit him with the gun.

JuggernautFan
i dunno man, william dafoe played an AWSOME hobgoblin. i dont think they get much better than that. but i do agree that Jack is right up there with him.

JuggernautFan
^^^^^^^^ green goblin, my bad.

RaventheOnly
Exactly he was THE best and only person who could play the Joker.

Capt_Fantastic
I agree that Jack Nicholson made the ultimate Joker up to this point. However, that's up until this point. But there's always room for improvement. Even on such a masterful performance as that one.

I agree Jack was good...Ian McKellan was a few sateps above him in my opinion. But McKellan is a better actor than Nicholson

Mr Zero
Jack Nicholson - fat, old, pathetic, bald.

The Joker - skinny, in his prime, dangerous, full head of green hair.

Anyone else notice a discrepancy?

Nicholsons "This is stupid so Im not even going to try" almost sank Batman - the image of that fat ass prancing around to the product placed PRINCE song will haunt me forever. Look at jacks turn in the SHINING if you want to see how he acts when he's investing in a character - THATS some scary shit - his joker was a sleepwalk.

who?-kid
Well, that's a matter of opinion (Like I said, Nicholson wasn't menacing enough, but that's of course also the fault of the director - you know, that overrated Tim Burton - and the script.)

But back then, there were many other persons who also could play the Joker :

Anthony Hopkins
Gary Oldman
Christopher Walken
Al Pacino
Christopher Lloyd

...just to name a few.

Back to topic : I would like to see JC (Jim Carrey, not Jesus Christ) play the role of the Joker. I think it would be great.

RaventheOnly
fear srry but i gotta disagree on that one erm Nicholson is one of the best ... The reason they picked him as joker has greatly to do with his level best exemplified by One Who Flew over the Cokoos Nest smile considered as one of the greatest performances by an actor and cast ever. McKellan only has the old person act down... he doesn't have the energy to play a good rambunctious villian.

who?-kid
Wowowowow, you obviously know very little of movies. Didn't you see "Apt Pupil" starring Sir McKellen as a retired (but still evil) Nazi ?

Or even better : go watch "Richard III", about probably the most evil person of his time (according to Shakespeare). The way McKellen plays Richard III is breathtaking. He IS the devil...

He's one of the greatest actors ever - you may quote me on that. A shame it took so long (LOTR, X-Men) for the public to get to know him.

Picture of McKellen as Richard III :

Mr Zero
I'm not saying Sir Mck would make a good joker - or that this movie doesnt gut and bastardize the script of RIII

But Sir Ians Richard the 3rd is an complex evil jaw dropper sure enough ... it's worth seeing the film for that reason alone.

Nataku8188
No one even looked at my post. I feel sad.

Mr Zero
I didnt understand it - back it up with NAMEs or PICS and quit your girly whining.

ragesRemorse
The joker doesnt need another actor, the joker doesnt need to be resurrected for another film appearance. Jack nicholson gave us the perfect joker. He acted with the humor the joker has, he gave us the twisted black heart the joker has, and he did it in a menacing memorable fashion. Jack's performance of the joker proves to be one of the best villians on screen. Jack is one of the best actors to grace movie screens.

Jim carey is a funny guy, yeah. He isnt that great of an actor. He can do comedy, most of his characters all have the same essence, he just elaborates on their characteristics a bit. This is why he fails when he attempts drama. The riddler, was a smsrt version of ace ventura if he were a bad guy. Jim carey should never be a comic book character ever again.

Victor Von Doom
Product placed Prince song? Err, he did the soundtrack.

Jack Nicholson ruled. Best villain in a comic film bar none.

Maybe Anthony Hopkins could beat him.

Mr Zero
He cranked out some shity tunes (from start to finish in 2 weeks) and WB insisted that they place a single prominently in the movie.

You are however right when it comes to Anthony Hopkins - he's in the same old, fat, bored looking and utterly unconvincing league as jack when it comes to screwing over classic villains in movies versions of superior written works. Good call.

vu_Quang
http://www.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/batman_deadend/

i'm not the only one who watched this movie. It's called batman deadend and it's about 10 minutes long.
The guy playing the joker is an unknown with a terrific makeup job in a bit part. but he pulls the look off exellent. give him the chance to play joker on the big screen!

those are my two cents.
v-Q

Mr Zero
Not a great actor, but hardly unknown - it's andrew koenig.

Lenord
I wish people would stop suggesting actors that have already played a role as a comic character for a role as another comic character (Espically when it is for the same title, Jim Carrey has already played the riddler in a Batman movie)

Nataku8188
His name is Zack Ward! He'd be totaly sweet.

ragesRemorse
Zero when you call jack and hopkins unconvincing, do you just mean as comic villians or as actors in general, because these are two of the best actors to go through hollywood.

jayson
I would love to see christopher walken play the joker. he can act, so being funny would pose no problems for him and as for the menacing part..... forget about it.

Victor Von Doom
Of course the written works are superior, to expect a movie to live up to a book is ridiculous if the book is worth its salt.

'he's in the same old, fat, bored looking and utterly unconvincing league as jack when it comes to screwing over classic villains'

I'm not sure which Silence of the Lambs you watched. Or Batman for that matter.

jayson
****ing hell this rocks. where did this trailer come from? where do i know the actor from? help me remember, please. rock

GreatMuta
Jim Carrey is a method actor who actually studies the people he portrays. It's nowhere near a fact that he will even play him so stop throwing stones. This "new" joker for a new movie would most likely have to be a little younger than Nicholson's joker, so hey Carrey may be kool 4 the part.

And as for "MR ZERO" Dude lay off Prince, that Shi**y soundtrack sold more than a million +. Yeah it had a movie behind it but not everybody bought it just because of that. Sorry i'm Prince fan! wink

SUPERMANDAMAN
I like Jim Carrey and everything but i just dont see him playing the Joker i mean he is funny as hell but I just couldnt see him acting all evil but maybe i could be wrong he did play the Grinch one of the most evil whos of all time.

GreatMuta
Heh, the Grinch is evil devil

Linkalicious
Christopher Walken, can't play the Joker. He can't play any comic villain or character.

Walken is his own man, he plays his own characters, and takes over.

And I agree with whoever said that William DaFoe did a great job as the Green Goblin. I wouldn't put his performance above Jack's, but I wouldn't put it below it either....I'd leave it right on par.

And Jack did a great job with the Joker. He was evil, just flat out evil. Look at him doing the cosmetics! Simply masterful!

jayson
i disagree with you on the christopher walken situation. i beleive he would fit the general dynamics of the character as the joker is a pyshopath and he has played similar roles through out his career.

wuTa
steve buscimi's name has been thrown out there in the batman thread....i think he could play a kickass joker....as far a carey i agree with the people that say he already played the riddler so he shouldnt play the joker....people say he screwed up with the riddler but its not like he had alot to work with...the writing sucked and he's the only one that gave any of those charactors credibilty

who?-kid
Very true. You can't expect an actor to save the whole (ridiculous) movie !

But I don't see the problem in playing two Batman villains. Why not ? As long as Carrey does a great job, who cares ? I think it's a bit of a shame that Carrey is only known for his rubber face and his comedies, and not for his serious work.

Red Superfly
Jack Nicholson was brilliant as The Joker - I don't know how anybody could criticise his performance.

As for someone to do the Joker - we need someone with a big smile.

Jim Carrey would NOT be a good Joker, mainly because he gets typecast. We don't want to see Jim Carrey doing Jim Carrey stuff - because we've seen him do it in Ace Ventura and as The Riddler many times before. However, if he is able to shun his Carrey-esque mannerisms and make The Joker a well-rounded stand alone character, then I'd say give him the job. If Carrey is told be be Carrey - he will. If Carrey is told to act, he can. The Joker would demand that Carrey would not be Carrey (like The Riddler), but rather use his unique abilities to full effect with his acting. Otherwise, we have another clown.

Mark Hamill's voice from the Batman cartoon is probably the best Joker voice ever - and I'd be interested to see if he could in fact play The Joker on screen - even though he'd have to get in shape (or just lose a lot of it) and spend a few hours in make-up beforehand.

Mr Parker
Yeah thats why I thought Ceasar Romero was a better Joker was because of the points you made.Nicholson was so wrong for the role of The Joker because of how fat,old, and bald he was.Where Romero Looked the part. I once agree with Punky Hermy here.I think that Carrey should have been cast as The Joker.I think they should have switched the roles around when doing the casting and have had Jim Carrey as The Riddler and Jack Nicholson as The Joker.Carrey has the wild zanniness that The Joker has is why I think he would be a good Joker.

Mane
i think Christopher Lloyd would be awesome! he has that insane crazy look. not the best voice, but they could do SOMETHING to change it. but he looks like the Joker.

Nataku8188
ZACH WARD!

Mr Parker
I just realised I made a mistake in my last post.I obviously meant to say I think they should have switched the roles around when they first made the casting choices of batman back in the 90's by casting Jim Carrey for the role of The Joker and Jack Nicholson for the role of The Riddler.that would have been better I think.

spyrokinesi35
what?! no way he's already the riddler

Alpha Centauri
Quite a sucky decision to play him as The Riddler. He would have been so much better as The Joker.

-AC

Bat Dude
If he lowered his voice a little, then he would be good, but Jack Nichalson is the only Joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.