The Adventures of Antoine Dionel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dario Argento
Has anyone seen theese movies by Truffaut? I just ordered the new Criterion release and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

So if you have seen theese movies please let me know what you think.

Mr Zero
It's "Doinel" I think - and I've never heard of this movie?

Antoine Doinel was the name of the character that began as Truffaut's alter ego in The 400 Blows and continued in - um - Stolen kisses and one or two others whos names escape me.... bt I've never heard of "the adventures of" so now I'm curious - it this what one of the movies was called in the USA (or Denmark!) or is it a remake or what?

Dario Argento
"The Adventures of Antoine Dionel" is just the name of the new box set from Criterion.

http://www.criterionco.com/asp/boxed_set.asp?id=185

Dario Argento
Of course it "Doinel". Its because I copied the text from CDWOW.

Mr Zero
SWEET! Sweeeeeeeeet!

Thanks for that linky and the info - I'm all over this. 400 Blows is pure ****ing landmark cinema - how nice to see the whole saga in one set. Plus Ive never seen Antoine and Colette: Criterion once again come up with the goods. And cheaper than the MATRIX box set ! AHahahah...

Thats this weekends viewing all sown up for me. Let me know what you think once you've seen them.

Dario Argento
Criterion is great..

BTW I heard some rumors that the will release Dreyer's "Vampyr" (That movie really needs some good treatment) Do you know anything about that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.