The Jedi Temple

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
This was a real dissapointment. I thought it would be mystical but instead it was just a tower block with a nice appartment at the top where the Jedi hung out. And I thought the Jedi were trained there? Where were they trained? In the middle of the room?

Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple
I'm sure they run the whole building, I hope they show more of it in the next movies.

Dim
I think we will probably see a bit more about how the Jedi are trained...Jedi hopefuls and academics....

Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple
Kind of like " Xaviar's School for Gifted Jedi". smile

Moff Tarkin
We should have seen the Jedi library and other parts of the temple.

Xizor
I'm sure we will, the place is huge and they haven't touched upon what's in it. We will see this as they've cast pre-school apprentices and a Jedi teacher. We should see in depth coverage of Anakins training.

Dim
And didn't Lucas say that there would be alot of explaining to do...?, I would think that they'd cover this topic.

Xizor
Hopefully, I'm itching to see real training in the real training center. Plus I wanna know what it is Ob1 does so wrong with Anakin and how it differs from what Yoda did with Luke.

Dim
Me too..plus I want to see a bunch of little alien kids AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
What would a baby Yoda look like?

Xizor
A green Gizmo

Dim
HA...Yeah I guess it would!...except it would be bald smile

UnknownBountyHunter
The Jedi Temple is enormous, and only glimpses have been shown in TPM, according to a sourcebook on Coruscant, there should be separate training grounds for the young jedi. Also I hope the library is humongous as well. It should be close to 50 ft. tall or so, huge columns of books and study material. And I want to see more of the Imperial City.

Dim
yeah I want to see down in the dark shadows of the city...It looks like it could be a whole other world down there.

UnknownBountyHunter
I would like to see Corridor Ghouls.

Dim
What's that?

UnknownBountyHunter
Corridor Ghouls are ghost-like hound-resembling creatures that roam lower levels of Imperial City. I first read about them in "Assault at Selonia".

Dim
Are they mean?...Sounds freaky...

UnknownBountyHunter
Low-shrill screaches, and only dangerous if your alone. BEWARE! MWUHAHAHA!!

Dim
ARG! I'm always alone...they'd eat me! eep!

The Maker
You only saw the important part of the Temple in Ep1 and as for Coruscant, there is another world near the surface which will be explored.

R.M

King Jedi
When Lucas was writing ROTJ he initialy wanted to have the Vader/Palpatine/Luke duel on Coruscant at the Emperors castle. Does anyone know about this? The castle was supposed to be at the bottom of Coruscant under the ground so it couldn't be attacked from the air.

Xizor
A Coruscant battle would've been cool. Anakin's training should be both classroom like stuff in the temple(and Library), and his trips to various environments to train with Ob1. Maybe Lucas will Quench our thirst for other planets by showing us hit after hit of new worlds as Anakin and Ob1 go place to place training. I'd say 30 sec.-2 minutes on 5-6 worlds would be cool.

UnknownBountyHunter
There is no place on Coruscant to battle, its citywide!! Also, some planets should get less screen time, as they aren't as imporant.

Episode II Line-up:
Tatooine-Minor
Alderaan-Major (From my perspective)
Naboo-Minor (Now that is)
Coruscant-Major
Kashyyyk-Minor/Major (Depends if my slave war wish comes true)
???New Planet???-My sources say Major.

Dim
What sources?...What do they say?

UnknownBountyHunter
My conscience nonetheless, also they say clones built here, and possibly fight on planet. <shaking voices out of head>

Dim
HAha...they have medication for that you know...smile

King Jedi
There are places on the ground of Coruscant to fight. Under the buildings there is a rocky surface and caves. It said this in one of the early scripts. This is where Palpatines and Vaders castles were supposed to be. If there was a fight it should be in one of the buildings though. I can see a politician being murdered on Palpatines balcany and a fight breaking out in the Jedi temple room.

Xizor
We think alike UBH, I want the clones to be on Mandalore and for that to be a major planet in Ep2(serving the role Naboo had in Ep1). I want Kashyykk to have a fairly big role in Ep3, hopefully my ideas for a slave war encounter there will pan out.

UnknownBountyHunter
I thought you meant a big war that pertains to the Clones, King Jedi. If you mean a shoot out like in Amidala's palace then sure.

King Jedi
I mean a lightsaber duel like in TPM. Or a small fight where bounty hunters are trying to kill politicians one by one. Plpatine would try to get rid of his enemies and as most of them would be on Coruscant they would probably die there.

Xizor
Dark Jedi and Bounty Hunters snubbing out senators would be sweet. Especially if we see some Jedi vs. Dark Jedi saber duels and high balcony fire fights.

UnknownBountyHunter
Fire fights? Anywhooo, this is starting to trail off the Jedi Council.

King Jedi
Do you think it will be destroyed in Ep3?

Jedi Mercenary
I think there are more than one temples I mean,one temple, for 10,000 jedi? C'mon. It will be destroyed, that's more than likely.

UnknownBountyHunter
There need to be side outposts for the Jedi.

Dim
I'm sure the Temple is comparable to say..the Vatican...and there's monastary type schools and medication/community centers in different sections of the galaxy...

Jedi Mercenary
I think there would be like, 1 or 2 schools out there. Then there are Jedi Sanctuaries. Places to meditate.

King Jedi
Do we see the Jedi Temple at the end of ROTJ special edition? When the statue of Palpatine falls, what is the building behind him?

Dim
Since I don't have a TV I'm going to have to guess here...but I'm going to guess that it's not the Jedi Temple. Just because I can't imagine that Palpatine would not demolish it after he kills off all the jedi. It would seem stupid to keep it..It might give the people hope.

theEviljedi
You don't have a tv?How do you watch Star Wars and other movies?

Dim
The movie theater...and the hubby has a tv at his place...so if I really want to see a movie I can go there.

King Jedi
I've just watched that scene again and still can't decide if it's the Jedi Temple. Everybody please look.

King Jedi
Another thing about this that I want to ask. In ROTJ we see the surface of the Death Star and the Emperors Temple. Does anyone else think that it looks like the Jedi Temple on Coruscant?

Dim
I missed it. When does it show that?

Jedi Mercenary
I agree, that tower does look like coruscantian.

Ratcat
Not surprising when you think that at the time of the Death Stars development Coruscant was become Imperial Central. Many of the designs may have even lived on the city planet and drawn influence from it.

Much as designbs on earth will draw influence from their environment.

King Jedi
DIM - It is the scene when Vader is taking Luke to meet the Emperor.
What about the Special Edition one? Is that the Temple behind the statue of the Emperor?

Ratcat
The temple is one of the highest points on Coruscant? I thought that the statue we see being toppled in the SE of ROTJ was at surface level.

Not sure if I'm right, will have to watch the tape again to decide.

Dim
I don't *think* it's the temple, wasn't that building darker?...man..I wish I had TV...

King Jedi
It looks like Palpatines appartment as well.

Great Master Brit Hunt
Why is a biulding so interesting. It's just a biulding. It doesn't mean anything to me.

King Jedi
Go and tell that to the people at ILM who spent months making it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.