Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Knight
i just wanted to know how other's feel about this idea, becuase there are plans on them actually making this movie. im my opinion i think it might be the worse idea i have ever heard of. this movie may be more of a mistake then donnie darko.

SlipknoT
Belongs in the Horror forum. And I think it should just still be Freddy and Jason in the sequal.

Dario Argento
http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=2661

amity75
Forget about freddy and jason and just make a new movie with Ash!

Major Knight
i dont think it should be in horror, even though it is a r rated film i still feel its best in movie discussion beucase im discussing the movie. but anyway i dont even no where ash will even fit into this.

Stormy Day
This is gonna suck sad

BlackC@t
Major Night it stills belongs in the horror forum, thats were you discuss HORROR MOVIES roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think it'll rock, I love Ash and hope he's gonna kick some dream-demon ass! rock

Stormy Day
They should've put micheal in it

Major Knight
me to. or anything else then ash

TheFilmProphet
SOURCE: Hollywood Reporter

Aug. 17, 2004

The Vine: Freddy, Jason aren't dead yet

Even before 20th Century Fox's "Alien vs. Predator" captured the top spot at the boxoffice over the weekend, New Line Cinema began plotting a new face-off for its horror favorites, Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees, who had their own moment at the top of the boxoffice in August 2003 with "Freddy vs. Jason." Sources said the studio is in negotiations with director-producer Sam Raimi for a project titled "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash." In the proposed sequel, Freddy (the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" films) and Jason (the "Friday the 13th" pics) would go up against Ash, the cynical anti-hero survivor of Raimi's "Evil Dead" trilogy, which also includes "Army of Darkness." Bruce Campbell played the character in the trilogy and would play him again if the deal were to close. Although Raimi would not direct, he holds rights to the "Evil Dead" franchise. "Freddy vs. Jason" grossed more than $74 million, so even if a deal with Raimi can't be reached, New Line is determined to find a way to extend the franchise by introducing a new character or just pitting Freddy and Jason against each other one more time.

Cinemaddiction
A coward and two icons who should have died along with the 90's.

Great idea.
sick

BackFire
moving to the horror forum.

TheFilmProphet
It is to them if they can get any money out of it and since Freddy Vs. Jason made more money than any Friday The 13th or Nightmare On Elm Street films I don't think they are going to stop now especially with Alien Vs. Predator showing some profit as well.

BackFire
If they pulled it off I'd see it. Ash is the ****ing man.

Cinemaddiction
It would be horribly predictible, but I guess worth it to see what transpires.

You know, Freddy decides he needs a new blender, Jason, a spice rack; where else could they go but S-Mart? Housewares, namely.

BlackC@t
Cinemaddiction I respect your opinion but think you need to look at the concept a bit more, they made a great plot in the first: Freddy's weak so he tricks Jason into killing and more, that was pretty good and the fight scenes in the movie were awsome! I love Ash droolio
and I know they'll make a great plot for it with wicked action scenes. I know I won't be let down.

BlackC@t
I don't think it'll be predictable, the first one wasn't.

SlipknoT
The plot was shit, there was no reason for the backstory of Freddy killing that girls mom and that guy Will being sent to a mental hospital, right from the begining it should have been an all out fight. None of that garbage where Freddy is to weak to kill people and he makes Jason rise from the grave. And there shouldnt have been any other main character aside from Freddy and Jason. When a movie is called Freddy vs. Jason you'd expect a bit more fighting than just a small scirmish at the end. So if they work Ash into Freddy vs. Jason 2 it better just be a huge brawl the whole movie.

SlipknoT
Yes it was. You knew at the end we were going to be coped out by having neither of the two actually win.

BlackC@t
I knew that would happen, but nothing else. I hate movies with no storyline and I would hate it if it was just fighting, they would have trouble coming up with ways of keeping the auidience interested with just 1 hr and 1/2 or fighting............

SlipknoT
Yea but, in a movie called Freddy vs. Jason I'm not expecting much of a storyline, aside from, yup you guessed it Freddy vs. Jason.

ragesRemorse
If this was made, it would be the most original sequal they could have ever thought of. Yeah of course thy could just buy rights to micheal myers, but who would really give a shit. We already have all of myer's characteristics in jason. Ash is a totally different character from freddy and jason. His character would give the movie and edge that freddy VS jason was missing. However much i would like to see this movie concept, i dont beleive they could pull it off.

SlipknoT
I think it will happen.

ragesRemorse
you think so? I know campbell is game, i'm sure raimi would be willing in the rights department, but i think somthing will fall apart with the executive producers and such, like they will probably get scared and back out. Not many people know who ash is or dont care. I dont think a character like this will be enough to persuade the money holders to bank in an idea like this. I hope it works though.

Evil Dead
um.........it would be a New Line cinema release........meaning the studio foots the bill, yes? What do you mean financers? It wouldn't be an independent production where the film makers have to get financial backers.........the studio is the financial backer.

It will be made. All that is holding it up right now is Sam Raimi. New Line has officially announced that it is in talks with Raimi to push this picture through (CNN 2 days ago). Raimi already passed on one script.......Englund seems to think this new treatment is much better and Raimi will license the character for the movie. Bruce already said he's on board if it can ever get put together with Sam's approval.

Lord_Andres
hope Kane will be in the next one

Evil Dead
no such luck..........we won't be seeing Kane again until Jason XI ........

Wolfie
This I think is a wonderful idea. If Freddy vs. Jason 2 was just Freddy and Jason, I would fear that they would just repeat the first movie. "Look, Freddy has manipulated Jason again!" Ash will make things interesting.

Evil Dead
should have used Ash in the first place.........to hell with Jason.

SlipknoT
your back!

Stormy Day
Its You're Back

SlipknoT
Let me correct that sentence for you Stormy Day.

It's you're back. wink

Cinemaddiction
Let me correct that sentence for you both.

It's "you're back."

SlipknoT
Why did you put quotes?

Cinemaddiction
Quotes are used when you paraphrase someone, and the period goes inside those quotes when it is at the end of the sentence.

Now, you guys wanna get back on track? big grin

eggmayo
cant see this being much cop if it is made, cos freddy has no head, jason is still jason, and ash is a mortal

TheFilmProphet
1.Freddy will get back in the dream world and get his whole body back.

2. Ash has a chainsaw, robotic hand, and magic.

3. Don't really know what to say about Jason besides maybe someone will finally kill him but as we all know people have been waiting 24 years for that to happen and I don't think it will be happening anytime soon.

BlackC@t
I know it'll be good, Ash rocks so it will be awsome seeing it. I hope Lori and Will will be in it.

BlackC@t
Since many don't know about Ash, at the start Ash could explain about himself like Freddy did.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah the same way Ash did in Army Of Darkness.

Stormy Day
I was saying it like you where suppose to say it erm

SlipknoT
But you capitolized the "B" in back. Also you forgot to put a period after "it."

Evil Dead
rat shit, bat shit, dirty old ****.....69 assholes tied in a knot. hooray, lizard shit ****.

and that has what to do with Freddy vs Jason vs Ash you might ask? about the same amount as the English lessons in the previous posts do.

TheFilmProphet
laughing stick out tongue

SlipknoT
laughing out loud

TheFilmProphet
HOLLYWOOD, August 18, 2004

Role Call, Aug. 20
By Kit Bowen, Hollywood.com Staff
Freddy vs. Jason vs.--Ash?
The resurrection of tired movie monster franchises continues its meteoric rise. First, it was Freddy vs. Jason, then Alien vs. Predator and now back to Freddy vs. Jason with a new foe added, Ash--not to be confused, of course, with that pesky Pokemon-slingin' kid but the cynical antihero survivor of Sam Raimi's Evil Dead trilogy. New Line Cinema began plotting a new face-off for its horror favorites, Freddy Krueger (from the A Nightmare on Elm Street series) and Jason Voorhees (from the Friday the 13th series) after last year's film did well at the box office. The studio began negotiations with director-producer Raimi for the proposed sequel, in which Freddy and Jason would go up against Ash. Raimi will direct, with Bruce Campbell, who played the character in the trilogy, set to play him again if the deal were to close. Let's get them all together, I say--Alien, Predator, Freddy, Jason, Dracula, Frankenstein, Creature from the Black Lagoon, just one big giant monster mash. C'mon! It'll be brilliant!

Evil Dead
Bad source there buddy..........

while New Line did officially announce it's negotiations for the Ash character early this week, Raimi is not even being considered to direct. The negotiations are merely them trying to get him to license the character of Ash to New Line so they can make the movie. He said he will do so if they can come up with a script he approves of. So far he has already out right rejected one script. Raimi will have no involvement in the film making process...........he will be hard at work on Spiderman 3.

BackFire
Ah, too bad. Raimi directing would be pretty awesome.

Darth Sauron
freddy and jason vs ash?

So freddy and jason just forgot they hate each other?
And freddy just happens to find a new body?

Evil Dead
Sauron.........let me pick your post apart for you.......

1. If you read any of the review of the FvJvA treatment that has been going around the web since being posted on Bloody Disgusting (even though it may be false), you would know that the supposed story line would pit Freddy v/s Ash, Freddy v/s Jason and Jason v/s Ash......not two on one.

2. What do you mean "got a new body?". If you payed the slightest bit of attention at all to the end of Freddy v/s Jason you would have noticed that when Jason is carrying Freddy's head....the head, winks then laughs as the screen fades to black. I don't know what world you live in.......but once Freddy was brought into the real world of the movie, he became mortal....which is why he bled and felt pain. In the world I live in, severed heads cannot wink at cameras nor chuckle fiendishly. This would only leave one option open. Since both characters were very apparently killed at the end of the first movie......and the next time we see them we see a severed head winking and laughing, meaning it cannot be taking place in the real world..........it pretty much means the ending sequence HAS to be taking place in either hell, where the movie started..........or in a dream. Either way.......you wasted your $8 to watch the movie if you didn't even grasp the ending.

thank you, drive thru.

BackFire
God damn, it's good to have you back ED.

Evil Dead
over one million served.........

- rimshot -

BackFire
hah

TheFilmProphet
Don't atack the messenger I never said any of that was true I am just offering any rumors or news I find on this film.

Evil Dead
I didn't attack you little buddy........I said you had a bad source. Find a more reliable place to get your info from. www.bloody-disgusting.com and www.fangoria.com are both usually pretty accurate.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah I know that. I also know more about Sam Raimi than you probably think I do. He is going to be busy with Spider-Man 3 until 2007 and then he will be doing Spider-Man 4 and if he doesn't do that then he will be doing Evil Dead 4 so he will busy for the next 6 years which leaves no time for a Freddy Vs Ash Vs Jason. I think Hollywood Reporter is a great source as well for this type of news.

Wolfie
Actually, Spider-Man is almost positively stopping at #3. As for Evil Dead 4, according to Entertainment Weekly, Sam Raimi has stopped making horror movies.

Evil Dead
Don't go by entertainment weekly..........

Same Raimi has stated he would love to do Evil Dead 4...........he just doesn't see it happening due to his other commitments. By the time he's done with Spidey 3 and maybe another movie or two he has lined up.........doing an Evil Dead would be pointless as it would resemble Bubba Hotep and Bruce Campbell's old ass would be spending half the movie incapacitated in a hospital bed.

He says he'd like to do it........and if all the stars line up perfectly and the oppertunity is there, he will.........but don't hold your breath.

Spitback
what age is bruce

Evil Dead

Spitback
Not that old

Evil Dead
you're right.......a 46 year old Ash isn't too bad.......but a 54 or 55 year old Ash? I'd rather just not have another ED movie.

SlipknoT
With some hair dye and makeup he'd look 30 again.

ragesRemorse
Hey man, if the magic of hollywood can make anthony hopkins look presentable as your typical aging man in his late fifties. They can do anything. HAve you ever seen that cat without his makeup? looks like an escavated mummy. No disrespect, he still kicks ass.

I wouldnt worry about the appearance thing, i would just worry about campbell's willingness to be as physical as he was in the dead movies. I mean that was a small aspect of the movie, but still very appealing.

Major Knight
i would rather never have a ash in this movie lol. the evil dead movies were just so stupid... but army of darkness was entertaining still not awsome but entertaining non the less.

SlipknoT
The Evil Dead series is one of if the best horror series ever

Major Knight
well to me it was the stupidest thing i have ever seen, i dont really remember much from the first but i watched the second not even a week ago and that is not as much scary as it is plain stupid. sure it might have been good then but all the actors sucked i could have sworn that the girl was laughing and not crying, and it had like no entertainment for me. but just my opinion. army of darkness was better, well action other wise it was as bad as the others.

Evil Dead
Jesus Christ on a stick...........The Evil Dead series is stupid.......compared to the likes of Friday the 13th? My gawd.

Evil Dead is fan****ingtastic ...........Evil Dead 2 is alright.........Army of Darkness is enjoyable, but they should have made it a horror flick. My only real gripe about the movie is the fact that I'd hate to see something that started out as great horror like The Evil Dead go out as a slapstick comedy like Army of Darkness.

ragesRemorse
yeah i just dont think major understands what makes Evil Dead a Staple for the horror Genre. regaurdless of army of darkness being a slaptsick style movie. I appreciated it for going totally in a different direction. I guess it diddnt really go in a different direction,rather than just dropping the horror traits and exaggerating even more on the story and characters. I too would have liked to see more of a horror driven story, but then again there was no other way that army of darkness could have been pulled off successfully, atleast not the story raimi chose to go with. Going back to the middle ages made it really hard to do a horror flick with the humor appeal (or a sarcastic comedy wanting to be horrorfying)

Wolfie
Agreed. They're all great but Army of Darkness should've been a horror. That and I can't get over that robot hand. He should've kept the chainsaw.

freddyfan20
they should leave out ash. freddy and jason was a good combo don't mess it up with ash.

Wolfie
Does anyone know how reliable a source this is? It says here that Raimi doesn't want Ash in FvJ2. Then again, he also said before that he didn't want to do ED4 so he might just be messing with us so we're all surprised when Ash does appear in FvJ2 (I hope at least).

http://www.latinoreview.com/interviews/raimionash.html

BlackC@t
The Evil Dead series rules!!!

I heard that the thing about Sam not wanting Ash in FvJ 2 was just a lie and that he was interested in seeing the script.

I heard on bloody disgusting that someone has read the treatment and said it's awsome. It's meant to start off explaining about all three characters this time. It's meant to be set around christmas.

<<Solo>>
It's officially not going to happen.

MildPossession
Yep Ash isn't going to be in it:

"I have great respect for those franchises," Raimi said. "I didn't want to be in a position where I was protecting Ash, the character that I want to eventually make another movie with one day, protecting him and not allowing the director to do what he felt he had to do. I didn't want to be in a weird position like that. I have a great deal or respect for Sean Cunningham. I think he's a brilliant filmmaker. He made some classics. I just didn't think it was a winning great situation for anybody."

- Latino Review I think.

BlackC@t
Yeah, so it's definetly not going to happen. I'm beginning to dislike Sam just the tiniest bit erm

Major Knight
sweet its not going to happen now i might wanna watch a seguel if they still make one without ash.

Wolfie
It makes me sad that Ash won't be in it. Ash in the mix just sounds like gold to me.

BadKitty
damn that sucks sad

BlackC@t
I'll say, I would have loved to have seen Ash in the sequel sad

grey fox
(guy who has read but not interacted aka me) dmAN OH WELL LEAVES IT OPEN FOR FANFICTIONS AT LEAST

raze reborn
Freddy vs Jason ROCKS!I can hardly sleep without watching it .

Major Knight
will ash out of the way they can put a actually cool char in the movie, i odnt no maybe one thats in cool horror films like guy form halloween.

Wolfie
Leatherface might be a good idea. New Line already owns him so there wouldn't be such a struggle like Ash was.

ragesRemorse
I think they should put leatherface to sleep. Or well they never should have ressurected him in the first place. You cant combine another horror character in the freddy vs jason movies unless he holds his own personality and presence on screen. The character would also have to have a name for himself. you cant have micheal myers, because he is a jason clone. you cant have pinhead, because he is to serious of a character. you cant have leatherface because his appeal is his sense of dominating, and unrelenting fear, he wouldnt be to threatning up against two invincible characters.

Ash could be the only plausible choice. He has a wide and sometimes fetish following. His personality would add a great deal to the dialogue, his take no shit attitude would make for good action, and finally his characteristics would add a nice ingrediant to the mix. I do however, believe there should be no sequals to freddy vs jason, diddnt we all get the point from the first one?

Wolfie
To quote Scream, "You gotta have a sequel!"

True, Leatherface isn't immortal. I just really like him and with the popularity gained from the remake, he's coming back out from the shadows. Michael Myers is too much like Jason and I can't picture Pinhead fighting the two of them.

I would love to see a sequel, preferably with another horror icon in the mix.

ragesRemorse
I agree. If there would be a sequal there would have to be another character. I just think you would have to choose a character that doesnt come off as trying to exploit the genre and the characters. You may say, well wasnt FvJ just an exploitation? Well maybe, but then again so are most of the sequals in the freddy and jason movies, and i think the versus flick did a decent job at not making a movie merely to bank off the names, but to bring back the characters that spawned an ageless following. I think throwing in someone like myers or leatherface would be done just to feed off of the name, and not to make a movie that fans want.

BlackC@t
When I thought Ash was going to be in the sequel I was so excited. But when I heard Sam was being a jerk and saying no, I began to think "What's the point of having a sequel? it won't be that interesting, and there's really no need for a sequel. They got the point across in the first film." erm

I'm so pissed that Ash isn't in it. mad

ragesRemorse
yeah, raimi is to sophisticated to do somthing like that now. I bet he would have agreed before Spiderman.

Andrew_2004
Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash will NOT be happening. Raimi wants to save ASh for another Evil Dead movie.

Wolfie
Yeah, Andrew, if you read above you would see we were discussing about that and possible other horror icons to be in it other than Ash. stick out tongue

I'm not sure if he wants to "save" him for another Evil Dead movie. He more wanted Ash to win if he was in it at all. If Ash died, that would eliminate a chance for a fourth Evil Dead movie. Raimi couldn't agree with any of their scripts.

By the way, don't hold your breath for an Evil Dead 4. Bruce Campbell will probably be too old to be Ash by the time Sam Raimi gets to it.

Wolfie
For those that are disappointed as I am, maybe this will help, a FvJvA flash trailer. It's pretty good.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/200582

ragesRemorse
I doubt Raimi will get around to anything other than spiderman, untill Spiderman becomes un popular with the public. raimi has his dick in spidermans ass.

DeNiro
How old is bruce campbell now adays i mean does he still look like the orig ASH?

I think they should keep making these movies like this person vs this person i mean they are obviosuly going to be kinda stupid but i think the entertainment vaule will balance it out alot

Wolfie
He's 46. He has changed a lot but I think if you give him the boomstick and the chainsaw, you'd see Ash is still in him.

ragesRemorse
yeah, but he'd have to lose about 70 pounds, and you really couldnt beat the shit out of him like the previous films,he's to old for that. I dont think dead fans care about his age though

Wolfie
I certainly don't. I'd rather have a 90 year old Bruce Campbell play Ash again than a young new guy. *Shudders at the thought*

NiceGuynj
*Amen*

bitchcock839039
I THERE GOIN TO BE A FREDY VS JASON VS MICHAEL MYERS

Wolfie
Is that "I" an "IS", making your statement a question? Well, I hope Michael isn't added to Freddy vs. Jason. Michael is too much like Jason IMO. Ash is the only horror icon I could see being added to the mix.

ragesRemorse
the only way to make the dialogue worth listening to aswell. It seems like the writers are to scared to play with freddy's insanity, so they play it safe and make his dialogue kind of PG13.

§nakehead
Im looking forward to that movie.

Wolfie
I hope this is a new clip.

Robert Englund interview....
http://www.iesb.net/video/englundinterview.php

ragesRemorse
LOL that was awsome. I love his speech on his new show. "we got these damaged kids" LOL

Wolfie
Indeed. Though I hate reality shows, I'll be sure to watch this one.

EmmaWatsonFan
Freddy Vs. Jason was cool, but this is really not a good idea...

EmmaWatsonFan
l

Freddy Lover
If this was a movie I'd only watch it for Freddy and Jason...and no sissy Ash...

tpaquin
Explain to me the sissyness of Ash. He's the best cult charcater ever.

Wolfie
Blasphemy!

Freddy Lover
Okay...sorry...I just don't like him okay?

jnolan
Hey everyone, new hear so sorry if i step on any toes, but here goes. I was just reading up on the fact that ash will not play a role in F v.J 2 which sucks because with the necromicon (sp) in their there is plenty of potental. anyway here goes my idea, why dont they take a more serious turn with this and end it for good, instead of f'in with us like they did in the first one. I personally have always been a fan of religious horror (exorcist, etc.) and religion based folklore, i dont know it just seems more real to me, and seeing how freddy and jason both came from hell, an equal warrior from the other side of the playing field would fit in nicley here, since its obvious that the only one who can beat satan is God the only one who should be able to beat Satan's Minions should be a warrior of God, (i.e. knights of the holy order, van helsing etc.) They could even give him his own backstory in the begining. Just a fan's dream but i think it would be an awesome idea and would allow for there to be some finality in the movies end, as the one who kills them would have the same if not more supernatural power as they do. Sorry for the long post but i couldnt think of how to cut it down w/o leaving anything out, so ideas, comments, smart ass comments? haha thanks

Evil Dead
no.

horrible idea.

these are slashers......the lowest common denominator of film....no insight into mythology or story should be paid, infact I would be offended if they did so.

jnolan
hey, the way i see it they (or at least NOES) started out as serious horror films so why not end them the same way, with the scary freddy that made crucifix's fly off the fall, and tennage girls fly about the room being eviscarated. It's gone on too long and it's getting silly, this way theyd be able to go out with some real horror and dignity, besides, have you even watched the last few NOES and FT13th's they were steeped in mythology, from the demon's that kept freddy alive to the certain "magic dagger" needed to kill jason, so my friend, this would actually just be another step in the direction they were allready headed

tabby999
i dunno evil dead, the necranomicon showed up in Friday the 13th, and in Halloween 3 they have tons of that mythical bullshit. not arguing, just saying there is mytholigy in them

SweetNsouR
um. sorry to sound so dumb but who is ash...im guessing not the skip from pokemon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.