king of the Dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pip-foot
Ok, i know you'll probably delete this soon Kit stick out tongue, but i was wondering why when legolas shoots an arrow at the king, it doesnt even phase him, but wehn aragorn puts the sword up to his neck, he acts like he's about to be killed?

I was just curious, cuz my friend and i saw the movie yesterday, and she was wondering about this, i didnt know the answer, so i decided i'd see what you guys thought smile

sauron
because the army were supposed to fight against sauron for isildur...and they ran away

so isildur cursed them that if sauron ever rose again they must fight him...only then would they find peace......

aragorn is isildurs heair....so s=now that sauron has rised again..they do what aragorn says...so they can pass on in peace

pip-foot
yay, i know that, but why can aragorns sword harm him, but legi's bow cant?

Phoenix
I'd have to read the book again, but I think that could possibly be a case of poetic liscence on PJ's part...

pip-foot
i dunno what it says in the book. I just noticed it yesterday @ the movie stick out tongue

Exa
as sauron said, thats because aragorns sword once belonged to Isildur and the King of the Dead swore an oath to Isildur but he broke it thats why they were cursed to stay in middleearth as wraiths and only Isildur - or his true heir - could release or even affect them, so Isildurs sword is probably the only weapon that can harm them as their lives are dependant of him

ash007
its becasuse the sword belonged to isildur which means it had the power to kill the geezzer.

i am not sure ask Exa

pip-foot
ok.

So, because teh sword belonged to isildur, it is the only thing that can harm hime smile i got it

Exa
wink because Isildur is the reason that theyre still here... broken oaths are something nasssty in middleearth big grin

pip-foot
yes they are smile thanx for clearing that up smile now i can tell my friend

Kitoky
It's a reasonable thread, I won't close it.

pip-foot
Tahnx Kit smile I feel special now smile

Discos
in other wordsd the Army of the Deads ass belonged to aragorn stick out tongue

sauron
broken oaths are VERY nasty exa your right yes

even an unbroken one is nasty.....you have to be pretty insane to make a one your not sure you can do

feanor is prime example

Discos
lol, it was simple, seeing as Aragorn was incharge (to say) of their curse then he had the power to destroy them!

Exa
Indeed yes yes
I just wondered, I can't remember a single oath that didnt turn out to be nassssty... well maybe the one between Gondor and Rohan which wasnt ever really respected...

aniron
who agrees that the king of the dead is barbossa's identical borther form potc ha ha ha ha.

Discos
*puts up hand*

Discos - .....not me! big grin

sauron
thats what i thought big grinbig grin

OH !!! perfect ending for him in my script

aragorn removes curse and he gets hit by an arrow

and his last words can be

'i feel......old'

Discos
do you mind telling me that later on tonight so I don't have to take a sleeping pill

Fëanor
in the movie Elrond said that Aragorn can muster the deadliest army in middle earth...

but how is it that Sauron and the WitchKing has overlooked the dead army and their King?

Couldn't the WK have gone into their realm and claim Kingship over them and use the dead against the peoples of ME...

Afterall, he is neither dead or alive, and he fears no one elf or mortal...so i'm pretty sure he's not afraid of the king of the dead...why wouldn't that have happened...?

I am a Sock
None but the King of Gondor can command the the King of the Dead. Sauron probaly didn't know about the Dead Army, that's my guess

ladygrim
who knows

Fëanor
be that as it may...but had he known, would he have attempt it...there is a word used in greek to describe a battle between two warriors called aristea...imagine the dead king and the witchking battling each other so as to who would control the dead army...

would the WK overcome the DK? he has the advantage of being both dead and alive...and in overcoming the DK, he could then rule the dead, don't you think...

Arroch
... they wouldnt have followed him.
They had nothing to lose, but it wouldn't help them to support Wiki - and Wiki would have no chance to rule the Dead, they are only still here because of their Oath, and Wiki has little to do with it
All they want is to be free to depart

.x.Fee.x.
Hi Exa...jus thot i wood say hi here cos i cant say it neware els...sad

Fëanor
interesting, but you do have a valid point, what would they have gained in following WK...they would still be in bondage to the curse...

but with the powers of sauron and WK, i would think that they could have willed them as they did the orcs and all fell and foul beasts...to follow them...

what a turn of events that would have been...

I am a Sock
could the King of the Dead kill wiki?

Fëanor
maybe...since no man can kill WK...since the DK is dead, you couldn't really call him a man in that sense...

Shadowy_Exa
He has a penis
he is a man

nobody can kill wiki, unless you stab him with the noldorian blade first. if merry hadnt stabbed wiki behind the knee that battle may have ended very differently

Fëanor
technically that's true of the first part...

but wasn't it prophesized that no living man will slay the WK???

so that could mean the DK could slay WK...since he isn't living even if he is technically a man.

Arroch
The prophecy of Glorfindel -

"Do not pursue him! He will not return to this land. Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man will he fall"

-- I think the King of the Dead wouldnt have had the power to defeat the Witchking, Lord of Sorcery.
He was just a dead king after all...

Discos
can't believe I am sort of hearing this from such high class minds smile

nowt would occur between Witchking and Dead King if they went into battle.....witchking wouldn't be able to hit Dead King (as we all seen Legolas's arrow just fly through him) & then you have the Witchking's abilities to not die, all the witchking would feel if the king of the dead hit him with his sword is also nowt! -Pointless

also if some people are thinking that the army/king of the dead are in the shadow world I would have to disagree......they do not suffer the living but arnt actually dead beings

Discos - ah finally! back to bloody good old discussions which have meaing eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.