Drug overdose.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
Ok, now this is apparently a drug that is extremely popular amongst young teens. It is an over the counter drug, it is a cold medecine called coricidin cold and cough. A few years back when i lived in South Carolina, i went to a few raves, and noticed that many kids and people would take these pills as a substitute for X. I even noticed that many kids would take this in school, but just thought it was some trend like whip-its are.

I moved back to Pittsburgh and realized this wasnt an isolated thing, but that kids all over the country were taking these pills at 40 pills a time. I know many drug stores have made the pill over the counter,but is still very excesable. This was four years ago, when i realized this. I never thought a thing of it again,untill my friends sister overdosed and died on just two boxes of these things which was 32 pills. Has anyone else heard of these. It is a very dangerous drug that has long tern effects on the liver,colin,brain,spinal cord, and many mental problems.

BackFire
God, people are stupid. "Yeah, lets take two boxes of cold medicine to get high!". Anyone who dies from something like this deserves it, and I have no pity for them.

Dexx
well....i find it very hard to believe..that a person can be so careless as to take them in numbers beyond the candy i'd give to any kid during a week.
but...heh..americans can always surprise me

Mr Zero
I'm with Bill Hicks on this one

" A Moron just died - feel that? The planet just got lighter!"

BackFire
Exactly. man, that guy was cool.

lil bitchiness
Nothing that American's do suprises me anymore. sleepy

Moo Cow
a couple of kids at my school were expelled because they were taking some of their mom's medicene, i dunno if it was the drug you were talking about, but it might have been

ragesRemorse
Yeah i feel the same way, that if your careless enough to do somthing like this then your consequences are deserved. However, many people taking these are kids, like teens as young as 15. My friends sister was 15. It turns out that she had been stealing these pills from drug stores and grocery stores for some time. She would tell her younger brother that her friends would do this all the time., that many kids at school did it aswell. I usually dont care about people in general, and in the words of carlin, what ever gets the freeway moving faster i'm all for. This seems a little scary though, that impressionable teens are getting addicted to this shit,and passing on the knowledge to friends. I mean i went from S.C to P.A and this trend was just as popular in both states, there is also numerous websites protesting this shit,free drugs able to be bought in stores. What happend to kids man? Youwillingly take four boxes of pills because you get a six hour high that destroys your liver...?

MissesDepp?!
does it do the same thing as X?

ragesRemorse
effects wise, i would have to say so. I have never done these things, and have never been compelled to. However,i have done X and have known people that have done these pills and they say that it does yes have similar effects. I am not trying to condone or promote the use of this drug though. If anything i made this thread so people may be aware of it, and for people who may have used it to be aware that it is extremly dangerous. Their have been people who have used these pills for years at a common pace. there have been people who have used these things ounce and died. eigther way the long term effects are not a myth,but a fact that come back to haunt you within months or years of usage. Health altering effects.

SlipknoT
George Carlin is the man

ragesRemorse
thumb up yeah, he sure enough is. thumb up rock rock

botankus
LOL @ thumb up . I can see where that is heading.

Anyways, about 10 years ago when I was 18 we thought about getting that motion sickness stuff, it was the latest and greatest theory about over-the-counter stuff to binge on. I'm glad we didn't stoop to that level, though.

Papaumau
ANYTHING for a high ?

Some young folk, ( please notice I said SOME young folk ), will try ANYTHING that has been reported as good for getting high on.

The trouble is that they might get away with it a number of times before it finally kills-em-quick !

I was young once but even when I was young I would never have put any pill or substance into my body that I wasn't certain about.

I have tried but I cannot understand the power of the peer-pressure that makes youngsters do this.

OK..it is a great feeling to be on a high but I find that the high that is achieved from music or dance or sport or sex are good enough to fulfill all my needs, ( or used to be before I got too old to enjoy them so much ).

Why is it...can anybody tell me... that young folk need to put shit into their bodies for this kind of thrill ?

Help me understand will-ya !

Dexx
don't know..never tried..don't plan to.

Moo Cow
i think alot of younger people today have this overhelming need to be like everyone else, to be in the "in" crowd. Somehow someone found out that this cold medicene gave you a great high, so they went and told their friends it was "cool", here plays in the fact we all want to be cool. I don't see how damaging your liver can be considered "cool" or "in" though.

DracosGirl
peer pressure is a weird thing... kids cant help wanting to be accepted, it doesnt even have to be with the in crowd... they just want to be accepted by someone and that can lead them to doing stupid things... of which i have done my fair share.

imagine going through skool without friends because you wont take part in the latest hype... sometimes it seems better just to do it, get it over with, and then at least be happy for the next 5 odd years

Linkalicious
Coricidin tastes sorta like Skittles. I used to take them when I would get a cold and stuff because my mom swore by them. Just like anything over the counter....if you pop enough of them, you'll feel some sort of body high.

I used to take them 3 or 4 at a time when I was sick, and had no real high. So i'd agree, it would take a lot to get there. Not something I would try..

hobbit_dude
i thnk im gonna five up my pills confused

j/k, Ive heard of this problem, and once when i was in south america i sawe in parties that teens took this small pink pill, it made them go..wild
and i once read in a newspaper about a 16 year old who died in a party cuz of taking medical pills yes is just...sad

ragesRemorse
Yeah i dont know where all the self worth went. I dont know why you would do some shit like this, it takes as litle as eight, but the box states high blood pressure medecine. I mean wouldnt common sense tell you that maybe this might be bad for your heart? It really hurts me man, to know that kids die from shit like this all the time. It isnt a friggin joke. I mean i'm all for being young and expirementing and all, but in an age like this it is hard to just experiment ounce. It is a greater high,and much more rewarding to make your self full bodied and hard, than it is to just go eat some pills. I think teens need to educate their minds more.

hobbit_dude
*goes to school*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.