Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Merry Lover
Erm, I'm not sure this belongs in here, because the movies is probably going to come out in 2005, so if it doesn't belong here, close it. There, that was so no one else could say that! big grin

I adore the books! When I heard yesterday that the second book is being made into a movie, I was so happy and I hope it turns out like the lord of the rings. I also asumed that The Magicians Nephew had already been filmed. But when I went onto the Internet Movie Database, it said that this is the first movie in the series! That made me so mad!!!! mad How can they possibly explain the entire story of the magicians nephew in a few minutes at the start of of the LWW? I doubt that will work!
Does anybody here know anything else? confused

lil bitchiness
Sorry, never heard. blink But i'll have a look in the IMDB happy

MC Mike
Wait... didn't they already make a movie? messed

bizarroEd
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe was always the first book of the series; it wasn't until recently that publisher's started packaging the books with The Magician's Nephew being first. FWIW, I read TLTWATW first, and it didn't need any explaining from TMN.

Anyway, here's how the books were originally published, with how they progress chronologically in parenthesis:

1 The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (2)
2 Prince Caspian (4)
3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (5)
4. The Silver Chair (6)
5. The Horse and His Boy (3 -- although it technically takes place between the final two chapters of Lion)
6. The Magician's Nephew (1)
7. The Last Battle (7)

Mr Zero
I'm bummed - i was discussing this very topic over breakfast yesterday and my nerd chum and I both figured they would film The Magician's Nephew first. I guess it makes more sense to start with TLTW&TW since thats the book everyone has heard of - but still they could have sucked it up and taken the risk.

BadKitty
heres something on kmc about the movies...I'm really excited about it! http://www.killermovies.com/l/thelionthewitchandthewardrobe/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.