OK, i got. It hit me last night. The cure to America,and music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ragesRemorse
I mean why cant we as a people just come together and agree that MTV is the devil that is brainwashing the youth of our country. Why can't we just all come together, and rise up as a country and have a good ol american mob fest, reminiscant to a lynchin, In the sense of the brutality we Shall take out upon every person involved with the MTV company. It would be fun, and i think it would be the Best thing this country could do as a unifying nation. I mean we wouldnt have race wars, or anything,no polotics, just one goal, because we would be one against the people who are brainwashing and corrupting our society,and airways with repetitve bullshit nonsesnse.

After wards, after the mayhem and choas has insued. We will clean up our streets of dead rappers, tired and sold out rock artists, murdered hip hoppers, Tortured R&b artists who decide they need children to fullfill there fantasies, We can mop up the mutilated wannabe hevey metal/punk/alternative/ whatever the hell else god damn title you want to come up with because you need to be special bands, We can then brutaly slay al the MTV producers and representatives, and then as a people pile them in a huge pile of overrated, Greedy, rich god damn, money flaunting, bastards who cant get enough money, so they need to infect not only our music, television, magazines, but now our movies. We take their bodies in a pile and tourch it.

Now we can start over, with having record companies, and published magazines to voice the fans opinion, but not the producers opinions of what we should like. . So anyone want to join my army. smokin' smokin' mad mad smokin' smokin' laughing laughing laughing

Dr. Strangelove
I'm all for it, and if it happens, I get Vanessa all to myself.

http://www.mtv.com/community/profiles/celeb_icons/mtv_vj_vanessa.jpg

drooldrooldrool

ragesRemorse
alright brother, let's kill some damn MTV bastards. as long as i can be the one to murder P.diddy, ludacris and outkast. i will be happy. beer beer beer beer beer beer

Df02
or not, considering mtv2 is actually good

SlipknoT
Good for something to do with MTV.

Df02
no, just plain good... i happen to love MTV2 and dont really mind MTV, so it plays music u dont like....simple solution to that, dont watch it

ragesRemorse
no no youcant be in the uprising, next please. NO CAKE FOR YOU. Of course i hate the same badns over and oaver and over and over, and over again, All the new up and comming bands are always babied and and showered by mtv in a brilliant, but subtle way, All the while MTV is just gaining there souls, yes they will create them, but then will ultimately own them, as all your mainstream music has done. Now hard working bands that are musically talented and have a nice fan following, struggle finacialy, because they cant get a record deal to produce their albums. they can do it own their own, or sell their soul to the MtV way and sellout to get what they need by giving upwhat they want.

Yeah of course there are actuall great damn bands that pass through MtV and can use it to spread their presence, but dont rape it for everything they can. Mtv is about the music right? Where is all the music , where is the dicersity in music? It is all whats hot whats not, instead of fair play.

ragesRemorse
concerning MTV2 well that is all nice and good . It is very easy to cover up your image and create a totally other network that costs pennies and change to run and operate, Isnt it convenient that MTV2 came out around the time when every one was starting to realize and ask, Where did all the music go? The MTV coorperation is as greedy as a tobacco industry, and would do nearly anything to get more viewers.They are tied in with E. I mean come on now. the E network is just GARBAGE, that station is your nonstop tabloid ass kissing network, and mtv sells out to combine networks so they can expand their viewing demographic.They again try to cover this up by always giving you those behind the scenes of the VMA's and movie awards, you know, the shows where they expose the artists, the same artists they built. . They tell you exactly what the tabloids are feeding you,because there in arms together and at the same time pretend like it is all in love because when it comes down to it we're all about the music, isnt that what you are to? what a vicscous cycle they put their viewers through. I seriously believe that MTV may become a religoun one day if we're not carefull. That shit is disgusting and an insult to music for me personally. I believe also, you my friend are blind, but it's ok. not many people see it.

Df02
lol u treat it like some big conspiracy....ever thought that maybe bands that sell out, choose to? last time i checked MTV arent a record company, they merely play the music, they have no part in making it.

but even if they are a record company (if they are i couldnt name any bands on the MTV label) then if they came up to a band and said "hey, u can make this kind of music and we'll pay u money, or u can make your own music and we wont" theres a choice there, some bands choose to take the money...

MTV the music channel, it plays video's....video's that are popular... if u dont like the music they play, watch another channel, or listen to ur CD's doesnt exactly harm u in any way

think uve gone a bit over the top on the MTV hating here

ragesRemorse
no i just hate mtv and defaintly believe it does brainwash a certain portion of young teens in a very subtle and aware way. However, i do of course exagerate alot with sarcasim and what not, but if that's to much for you to recognize and play with, then just dont come to this thread, change to another thread, if thats what suits you best. Right? laughing laughing out loud

ElectricBugaloo
Clear Channel is actually as bad if not worse for the music industry as MTV.

Df02
i didnt mean u went overboard with the original post, cos that was obviously a joke - unless u were planning on really killing all MTV ppl lol... i meant the other posts, which werent sarcy lol

ragesRemorse
oh really? or is that just somthing you percieved in your own mind? i think maybe, but probably not, ay? lol Yeah i dont know, i'm just pissin with you now. Yeah Clear channel is defaintly as threatning to music than mtv is in the fact that it is more blaitant and sloppy with it's corrosive underbelly of greedy,expanding arms in harbering up all the airways in every city. They do this by hiding behind and enforing the F.C.C's This is one thing that thankfully hasnt dominated mtv totally yet. Clear channel is not only threatning to our freedoms of speech, but to our local dis jokecky's and radio stations. There are fewer and fewr radio local radio stations out there. However, even the X.M satelite radio destroys local radio stations and dis jokey's. this is all sad. Mtv only banks on deals that gets them richer, and keeps their sheep in order.

lil bitchiness
thumb up MTV2 is good..although not as great as it was 3 years ago.

plenTpak52
as long as MTV stops playing music, we'll be fine, considering they've created many great shows (as illustrated by MTV2).

Silver Stardust
...if you don't like it, don't watch it. I don't like MTV, but I also don't watch it.

Into the Void
Anything owned by Viacom should disappear from the planet. That means they'd have to sell Comedy Central, cuz that channel is the shit. But all the other ones should disappear.

Tptmanno1
I like the shows on MTV and MTV2 not the music.
But we can't kill MTV2 because that would destroy Headbangers ball, and thats the only place that plays good rock now.

scabby mcgee
I hate to rain on your party but MTV is just a tiny part of the music industry. The real problem is commercial radio. It goes back to before MTV when they started doing surveys and polls on what sounds are palletable to the largest number of ears and then everything has to be made the same way. So if you want "the revolution" to begin find out a way for everyone to take every commercial radion station off air. And fund the airwaves via membership. The XM radio thing really is pretty brilliant, if more people did it, it could be the answer to all of your musical woes.

but considering that, that isn't gonna happen....just change the channel or station or whatever. People like bright lights and are easily entertained, so what can you do? Not everyone wants things that are sugar coated and easy to swallow and that's their loss. I mean you live in western civilization, home of the privledged and proudly ignorant, and that's just about all of us, you and I both my friend.

ragesRemorse
Speak for yourself man. How am i overly privelaged? or overly ignorant? I live my life the best ican keeping an open mind. Maybe you just take things a bit to seriously. i mean really. i am just shitting on mtv , i guess you havent noticed the unconqureable will to not back down from my repetitive rants? I work for everything i get in my life, while other people in this country live over privelaged lives. (welfare hogs) I know i am privelaged to live in such a great country, and i do give my thanks as much as i do, this is why i believe in so much in the Constitution. Why exactly am i over privelaged, because i work to give myself a roof, heating, light, and air conditioning? I dont need these things. I dont need to indulge in films and freedom or television, but i work to pay for my freedom to do so.

I do supose i am ignorant, because i am young and still have much to learn about life and the world, but iam totaly self aware, and self aware always, and strive to always keep an open mind on hearing out both sides of the story.I am not however, ignorant because i live as a western civilized citizen.

I guess you just have a hard time readng between the lines and seeing that who i am really bit*ching at are the celeberties, and bands that sell out through MTV. I beieve this is a medium where bands go to die in originality. do you really believe that i believe in some world wide conspiracy that people are being brainwashed through their televisions and being told what to do? No, i believe everyone has their freedom of choice, and decide on their own terms.

PippinTook
I'm with you, rages. Down with MTV! smokin'

scabby mcgee
Wow man, you need to calm down and not be so defensive. I wasn't knocking you buddy. I agree with what you are saying, I was just adding another piece there. I know you can't

I never even said overly privledged, just privledged. And as far calling people ignorant, it's not that big of a knock on an individual. I mean even educated in the world today seem to be blatantly ignorant to so many things. I just think our society has a higher concentration of this. But maybe I'm wrong, maybe everywhere people are just as ignorant.

Welfare Hogs? Come on man, if you want to talk about over privledged those are about the last people that really should be mentioned.

But anyways I'll restate my original post in a way that is more suiting to your style.

While you're taking out MTV, overtake all of the local radiostations across the country. Put all the corny morning DJs on Canadas door step and then run away.

BloomBabyGirl
BOO!! down with MTV...well actually..i dont get MTV cuz we're poor like that but all it ever it is trash music and gay hosts.

Darth Revan
Rage, don't be a fake anarchist no expression

PippinTook
laughing out loud You're lucky. I don't see why everyone loves MTV so much. Besides some of you guys on this thread, I'm the only one I know who doesn't like MTV...I just can't stand the way they play the same stupid music videos over and over and over again (and it's mostly Jessica Simpson or Avril Lavigne or some shitty music like that) and all they talk about on that channel is what's "in" or "out" or whatever...confused Personally, I hate MTV. But, you know, that's just my opinion. embarrasment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.