Exorcist in theaters today!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cowboyography
anyone seen it? anyone going to see it? I will catch it on monday, probably hit this and open water, next week. And please dont bash it if you havent scene, way too much of that going on around here.

blackwidowlover
hell yeah im gonna go see it
it looks hella scary

HockeyHorror
hopefully it will be good...but i doubt it

blackwidowlover
oh yes to much bashing

blackwidowlover
NOOOOOOOO! don't say that it has to be good! the kingdome of all scary movies depend on this movie being good

SlipknoT
I theater hop after I see Open Water, but I still think it will be crap. AVP is still going to take the top spot at the box office.

BadKitty
I was going to see it today but I just read the most awful review for it in my local paper (they are pretty acuate) so I am going to see open water instead...I'll wait and see what you guys have to say now....I hope my paper is wrong sad

roundisfunny
I saw it last night. It wasn't THAT bad...especically if you're a fan of the first (and maybe the third) film. I was pleased to see that they included a little inside gag like when Marin goes to see Sarah in her kitchen, the song "We'll meet again" is playing on the radio. This, to my way of thinking, was a hint that she would wind up being the one possessed, since this movie documents the first of their two encounters).

ragesRemorse
yes, this review is simple. If your a fan of the movies you will probably enjoy this movie. If you are not a fan of the franchise, then you will not have the patience to overlook the faultering entertainment in the movie. However, if you like horror i would suggest it because it does have some nice scenes.

I am not going to go into a ful overview of the movie,because it is your basic potential horror flick. It starts out great, and makes you think that this just may deliver the goods, but then just falls apart from there with only sparatic scenes worth mentioning. The director was inspired and had some great ideas, but i guess he just had trouble executing them fully. The instances where he does execute, he does it well.

Overall, and iin closing. I would say that this edition of the exorcist was a decent attempt. Is it scary? no, but what can be scary in this desensitized age? It may be scary to people who havent seen the movies i have.To it's credit, it does create a creepy atmosphere. The cinematography was worth mentioning. It tries to stay away of horror movie cliche's and does for the most part, but it was just missing some edgy,risk taking the original was known for. If your a fan you'll find some entertainment here 3/5

roundisfunny
You know what just occurred to me? The movie is set in an exotic locale, which somehow makes it less scary than the first. In the MacNeil house, we watch it and think "Wow, that could just as easily happen in my humble little home."

In the new one, however, the victims are all in a hostile, disease-ridden, demon-infested desert, which makes it harder for the audience to relate/sympathize.

Spitback
Saw it ,liked it pure entertainment some scary bits and some stupid bits......i will give it 3/5.

ragesRemorse
Hey you want a good version of the exorcist. With great disturbing mommnets. Go watch the movie the believers. That movie accomplishes everything the exorcist tried to do. I am not saying the exorcist beginning as bad, because i enjoyed it and appreciated the new atmosphere to the film, but it just diddnt have enough edge.

dean7879
im a fan of the movies but it didnt interest me that much.......pointless really

ragesRemorse
yeah pointless is a good word for it. Then again that word seems to fit alot of movies these days. for what it was, i thought it was entertaining, but for what it could have been, i found it a terrible attempt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.