Law & Order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BOPRecruit 16
out of all of the law & order series, i love svu the best! happy so which series is everyone's faves? the original, special victims unit (svu), or criminal intent (ci)? vote in the poll!

manchichirtchit
criminal intent. that show is kicka$$... i love the way d'onofrio acts. he has this weird speech pattern where he swallows in the middle or at the end of a sentence. plus i wanted to be a detective when i was young so... there.

RaventheOnly
The Original was the BEST eek! talk about acting big grin

mikeysgothicgur
The only one I got into was Law & Order. I think the reason I never really watched the others is because before my dad left we would always watch them together and I think watching them makes me think of my dad.

BOPRecruit 16
My mom used to watch all of the law and order series except criminal intent. My dad and I would watch a few with her in the past. Seems like she doesn't watch it as much as she used to. As to how I got into SVU...Well, there wasn't much on TV over the summer vacation and the only good shows on that I haven't seen before were on USA. So, I ended up watching alot of the Dead Zone, the 4400, and SVU. SVU is my favorite and prefer to watch this series because I like and am familair with those characters the most...Plus, the crimes are more interesting to me. Must be strange being the screenwriters for any of the law and order series. They go sit down, think of a crime, and type it up. Funny, huh? Gotta imagine up a crime, but don't forget not to commit that crime! ^.^ lol

BOPRecruit 16
http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/G/gorenholic/1050533735_ktopolivia.jpg Which Law & Order: SVU Character Are You?

http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/G/gorenholic/1050365808_CWINDOWSDesktopjack.jpg Which (Regular) Law & Order Character Are You?

http://live.quizilla.com/user_images/G/gorenholic/1050437855_CWINDOWSDesktopeames.jpg Which Law & Order: CI Character Are You? - don't recommend taking this one!

steptreks
none of them worked

BOPRecruit 16
how come? did you fill everything out and click the button for results? blink

BOPRecruit 16
Law & Order - Links

USA NETWORK - Law & Order: SVU and Law & Order: CI

The Crash Room - Fangirl Obsessions - all series

Law & Order: SVU at NBC.com

Law & Order: The Guide - all series

BloomBabyGirl
the original followed by CI

BOPRecruit 16
you mean the quizzes, bloom or are those your faves? blink

steptreks
no i meant the links didnt work not the actual quiz

WindDancer
The original has a better cast. I go with them.

pr1983
i like svu, honestly i prefer their cast, but thats just me

BOPRecruit 16
i agree with you there, i find that cast of characters more captivating to watch night after night than the other series, but that's just me too.

BloomBabyGirl
faves

BOPRecruit 16
speaking of criminal intent, i don't find the characters all that interesting. just the crimes seem captivating so far.

Lord Soth
CI is the best. Vincent D'onofrio is awesomer as the genius detective

BOPRecruit 16
i like svu cause the cases are darker and the dynamic group personalites. i guess. (maybe i should get a xanga pal to join kmc later...hmmm...)

BOPRecruit 16
At Last!: Det. Olivia Bensen and Elliot Stabler Kiss (Law & Order: SVU)

BOPRecruit 16
glory, where are all of the law & order fans? blink does no one like to talk about the new episodes? hmm...maybe i should try and get pantherlily from xanga to join kmc...

anyways, about tuesday's episode of svu, i really hated that lady that told everyone in cragen's office that stabler's wife left him. it was random and really uncalled for! what a freakin' b***h! mad >,< wanted to soccor punch her so bad!

BOPRecruit 16
has anyone been watching svu or the original law and order lately besides me? if so, please comment in here!

Darth_Big_Boy
I'm a huge fan of SVU. I like CI too....not too big on the original though.

BOPRecruit 16
sweet! another svu fan! eek! rock svu so rocks! i didn't like ci all that much but i'm recently getting into the original law and order. but that cast and show doesn't have the same impact and interest for me as svu does. also, thanks for posting darth cool

celestial_moon
i never really did like how it branched off so i would say that the original is better. but i definately hate ci the most. svu is good but not great. however i do love when they cross the series together for a few episodes.

BOPRecruit 16
yeah, ci is kind of boring... but i like svu b/c it's darker. law and order...cast changes, man.

it's amazing that law and order has been around about as long as the simpsons. can you believe it?! eek!

celestial_moon
yeah, i don't like the fact that the cast switches around. i do like sam waterson, jerry oanbach(sp?), and benjamin bratt or jesse white as oanbach's partner.

has it really been around as long as the simpsons?!

BOPRecruit 16
who are those other guys? i only recognized benjamin bratts name in there. what was the name of his character, anyways?

yeah, pretty damn close. in 1990. more or less.

celestial_moon
sam waterson plays district attorney jack mccoy and orbach(spelled correcty now) plays detective lennie briscoe. bratt plays detective reynaldo curtis but he left in 1999.

BOPRecruit 16
how long was angie harmon on law and order? she was briefly in an episode or two of law and order: svu in the first season...i'm guessing that's before she moved to the original series? blink

anyways, recalling the first two seasons of svu, it was cool how the main two cops from law and order, orbach and jesse l. martin would appear in some episodes to help the svu cops with a case. i always thought that was pretty cool. munch and cragen get to see old pals. too bad svu doesn't do that any more. they should.

also, another thing with svu, is that it's a shame that they don't get into the cops' personal lives anymore. like they did with stabler. showing his family and home life in the first two seasons. they were barely on the show after those. and this season, the sixth one, an episode or two back, cathy left stabler and i thought that the show should've at least shown a bit more of his family so that could've been understood better. i mean i understand, but would've been more satisfying to me to see. oh well, minor detail!

celestial_moon
i think that's why i like law and order the most. it's because it really doesn't go deep into their characters's personal lives. you learn their personalities by what they show in each case.

angie harmon was on from '98-2001.

i'm sad though because orbach left the show sad

BOPRecruit 16
well, svu didn't show the cops personal lives for long. only did that mostly in the first two seasons or three. but stopped after that. the only time you do hear about their family or anything is if they briefly talk about it or stabler's family stops by the station to give him dinner or something. last tuesdays' episode though, got to see fin's son. so that wasn't too bad.

the one thing that i like about the original law and order, although i haven't seen many of them, is that they show the a.d.a.'s, mccoy and southerlyn (that's how it's spelled on the nbc.com site...), in some library writing down notes for their opening statements and plan out what they need to recite for the case. it's a minor and small detail, but i always found that interesting. in svu, casey novak and alexandra cabot didn't do that too much, but it was cool to see them work with that older blonde lady that was their boss...

celestial_moon
in the original, they touch on it briefly but not as much as other shows.

that's interesting that you like the small details. i think that's another reason why i like it.

BOPRecruit 16
i'm not saying that law and order is better or anything than svu, but just certain details get me to watch it other than the cases i guess...*shrugs*

celestial_moon
well you like svu. i kinda like how svu is more centered on a particular type of cases. it's kind of a nice change that not all victims are dead.

BOPRecruit 16
most are raped women and batter children. ha ha. so much better! stick out tongue laughing too bad tues. and wed. they were both repeats. ugh. oh well, at least the law and order epi was new to me. since i'm learning about the u.s. constitution and bill of rights, does help give me a better understanding of some of the cases.

celestial_moon
i learned that a while ago. now all i need to learn is all the law terms.

BOPRecruit 16
being in special ed., can hold me back some and we learn things so late compared to all of the other main stream classes...such a pisser, but i don't want to bother to transfer! mad anyways, yes, that too. i had fun learing about the fifth amendment and the miranda rights/miranda vs. the state of arizona case. oh, and another thing, one thing i hate about december is everything on tv is pretty much repeats, especially the shows i watch! mad

celestial_moon
ugh, i know. I also hate the in between seasons part: they do repeats but it's mostly the same episode!

Stealth Agent
special victims unit

Stealth Agent
KalBill-Zakki (Pronounced Cow-Bill-Zocky)
cat

BOPRecruit 16
well, looking on the brigther side, at least i get to see older episodes of svu on usa that i've never seen before and also see old ones of law and order on tnt that i've never seen to begin with.

celestial_moon
i know, that's why i like TNT. but after school in the afternoon, they play the REALLY old ones that i don't like as much.

i just found out that the captain in svu was in the old episodes of the original law & order.

BOPRecruit 16
i found that one out ages ago. so was john munch (richard belzer). they were later moved to svu and got larger roles, which was good. i like richard's character. he's funny and eccentric with his theories. "don't get this fool started on one of his conspriacy theories..." (fin) laughing

celestial_moon
lol yeah, i know, i feel stupid.

^^

what's your favorite episode (from either of the 3)

BOPRecruit 16
it's nice that richard's character provides some comedy relief in the series. also, it's interesting to know that he was or is a comedian. never heard any of his stuff before, but i bet he's good. as for my favorite episode from svu, i think would be "copycat" from the new season, six, and there were some others but i can't remember anymore. laughing sadly... also, the season finale of season five where jane krowski (sp?) guest starred. oh wait eek! now i remember! i also liked the one called "loss" where ada alex cabot left and "serendiptiy" when ada casey novak was new to the squad and handled some of the cases hands on. that was cool and dramatic. damn...i know there's more i like! *pause* also, that one older epi. where the four cops, when jeffreys was still with them, dressed up to disguise themselves in the club. can't remember what season and episode that was. but i thought jefferey's and bensen's party outfits were pretty amusing laughing

BOPRecruit 16
omfg! eek! i just found out, from looking up richard's imdb stats, that henry winkler and him are cousins! wow! eek!

celestial_moon
really??? wow...that must prove to be interesting.

BOPRecruit 16
yeah. i know. big woop. but i was just easily amused. so sue me! stick out tongue laughing anyways, i found out that sometime after the season of svu resumes, alexandra cabot is going to return for one episode. pantherlily, to whom i got the 411 from on her xanga site, didn't specify what alex would be there for and such. also, she said that only olivia and elliot knew that alex went into that witness protection program and had to move away in that one episode called "loss". huh. i thought all four cops knew. but i guess not. maybe i forgot or something. maybe. man! i can't freakin' wait for that episode and the one where stabler and olivia kiss! eek! bunny rock smokin'

celestial_moon
oh, a little romance going on?

fruits
i like the show, but i can only watch it if i start from the beginning. i mean, if i turn and the show has already started and is half way over, i just cant watch it, its too hard for me. and when you watch an episode, you just feel good, like you helped get the bad guy or something

celestial_moon
i'm so sad!!!!! jerry orbach died the 28th!! but i liked watching him! he was sooo cool as briscoe... no

fruits
i know, i heard about that.

moment of silence in his honor.........................................

celestial_moon
he deserves the moment of silence.

BOPRecruit 16
celestial moon: well, not exactly. they just kiss in that one episode from what i hear. in an episode or two back, stabler's wife left him. so he's not happy about that. and then the job is gettin' stressful for bensen. so that snowballs into the kiss somewhere down the line. i guess. pretty much that's the jest thus far.

when i was watching law and order on wed, that's when i found out that jerry orbach died. i was surprised. i didn't even realize that was about to happen. i didn't hear anything about it on tv or read it anywhere. it just seemed random. gosh. that's so sad. i hope that i see memoriams about him soon. he was a great actor/cop on law and order and deserves to be remembered and all.

fruits
definantly.

BOPRecruit 16
i liked wednesday's episode called "veteran's day" (of law and order). great plot. one of the things that i found most interesting was how lenny mentioned that how in the old days, cops used to use this hold that would make the perp.s faint when they arrested them and that it was outlawed a while back because cops abused that privliege. i wonder what year's that was around. that was a small thing in that epi but it was cool.

celestial_moon
that's an interesting fact.

did you watch the SVU marathon?

fruits
i only saw a few episodes of it, i was busy

BOPRecruit 16
when and what day was that on? i didn't get to watch much tv when i was at my friend's house on friday and most of saturday. kind of sux it was on those days...>,<

celestial_moon
i think it was on friday night.

fruits
shows like law and order make me wanna become a lawyer or a cop some day. but i'm gonna be a teacher so too bad.

BOPRecruit 16
we all know that jerry orbach died on december 28 of last year. but i just found out that he had died of prostate cancer. gosh...i didn't even know he had cancer! never heard about it. he was 69 when he died. earlier, when i was looking through pix at nbc.com for the show, i saw pix of the serena's successor. don't know her name. remind me to post a pic of the newbie later. also, saw a pic of cabot in the upcoming episode that she's going to be in...have no idea when it's going to aire!

BOPRecruit 16
on friday, i went to the nbc.com law and order site and found out that ada serena southerlyn is leaving. the actress herself is leaving because she wants to pursue, further her acting career in movies, write a book, and sing/make an album. she's in miss congeniality 2, btw. as for the new ada replacing her, i have no idea who she is, but here's her picture:

Close-Up: http://www.nbc.com/photos/Primetime/Law_&_Order/1ORDbdN04.jpg
Ready for Work/Suited Up: http://www.nbc.com/photos/Primetime/Law_&_Order/2ORDbjN04.jpg
Walking with Executive ADA Jack McCoy (Further Proves that she can be the successor of Serena: http://www.nbc.com/photos/Primetime/Law_&_Order/2ORDbgN04.jpg
(Image Source & to learn more: NBC.Com > Law & Order

as for law and order: svu, here's a recent pic in the photos flipbook of ex-ada alexandra cabot. as to which episode this is and when it aires, no clue:

Alexandra Returns: http://www.nbc.com/photos/Primetime/Law_&_Order:_Special_Victims_Unit/2SVUavN04.jpg

*check out the image flipbooks for both shows if you need to!*
(Image Source: NBC.Com > Law & Order: SVU)

celestial_moon
yeah, i knew that she was leaving (and i'm kinda glad too she wasn't my favorite ADA).

BOPRecruit 16
well, i liked her and thought she was a fairly strong character. i also like abigail carmichael (harmon)...and there was someone else but i can't remember who...*shrugs*

celestial_moon
carmichael was my favorite. i liked her a lot.

BOPRecruit 16
when i looked up the cast list at imdb.com over the weekend, i was surprised to learn that jerry orbach wasn't in the first or two seasons of law and order. also, i've seen a few old episodes that had that morarity guy before jack mccoy came in.

NicktheBassist
thats weird, i thought that jerry orbach was there from the begining. did you know that he died!

BOPRecruit 16
yes, most of us here did already know that. check back a page or so. we talked about it and what he died of.

NicktheBassist
oh, i didn't realize that until a few nights ago. srry embarrasment

celestial_moon
i know. i didn't exactly like the one before orbach. i thought it was better when waterson and orbach entered the scene.

BOPRecruit 16
i can't remember who was orbach....but i don't think he was known enough to be known now. yes, i agree, i prefer jack over that morarity guy that came before him. jack is intelligent and knows how to win a case. he was fab. in "hitler youth" and "coma". i don't know if those are the official titles of the episodes, i'm just going by what the tv guide called those.

celestial_moon
i hated morarity person as well as his assistant.

orbach was briscoe.

BOPRecruit 16
there aren't any main characters that i love to hate. just some of the incompendent people that the cops arrest and bring to court. some, not all.

morarity's assistant was played by jill hennessy right? if so, love her on crossing jordon! would be kick ass if she guest starrred on epi. of law and order, either as her old ada character or her jordon character.

remember how las vegas and crossing jordon has a crossover special? either that, or have the law and order people crossover with the other law and order shows like they used to. or sompin'.

celestial_moon
yeah l & o did that with the homicide show too.

no it was richard brooks who was his assistant...i think.

BOPRecruit 16
at one point, morarity, the head ada before mccoy, had hennessey as second ada. believe me.

also, did you guys see last wednesday's episode where serena left? at the end, where she said she was a lesbian was so freakin' random. i understand that it was kind of unexpected on some levels that she'd leave and they had to do her departure somehow...but wow! that was a shocker!

can't wat to see tomorrow's epi. and find out the name and name of actress of the new da!

celestial_moon
(on serena's sexuality) me: uhhhhh...i knew it?

Annie Parisse: ADA Alexandra Borgia.

BOPRecruit 16
interesting. thanks for the heads up. as for her name, not totally original. her first name is too much like ada alexandra cabot that used to be on svu. i still can't believe i missed last week's new epi of svu! mad if anyone has seen it, could you please fill me in? also, congrats to marishka hagirty (aka det. olivia bensen on svu) for winning the golden globe for best actress - drama! eek! rock

celestial_moon
oooo, nice! glad at least ONE of my shows won...

BOPRecruit 16
i wonder if any of the law and order shows won anything, other than her. i didn't see all of the golden globes and even the parts i did see, i didn't see any nominations and mentiones of them. kind of sucks. oh well, next time?

marishka looked so pretty! loved her hair and dress. also, her voice is much gentilier and she's so perky compared to what she's like on svu. of course. she seems like a sweet person off camera. cool!

celestial_moon
i know. kinda remains me of daveigh chase (samara from the ring).

i don't think they've won anything...maybe nominations.

BOPRecruit 16
i don't remember who samara is. been ages since i've seen the movie and only saw it once. *shrugs*

that really sucks. sad

can't wait for the new svu tonight! eek! rock

celestial_moon
creepy girl who killed everyone.

what time?

BOPRecruit 16
it's on tuesday's at 10 on nbc, where i'm from on the west coast. hours vary from area to area, aka time zones. it was interesting. the whole twin ordeal. got to see more of all four cops and novak than lately. so that's good. wonder what happened to huang...guess they didn't need him for that case...hmm... as for the new law and order yesterday...i can't remember the case right now because i'm tired but i do remember the new ada, alexandra. she's young and quite the rookie. can't judge her character quite yet until i've seen more episodes with her in it. also, what do you think of dennis ferina/det. fontana? he's okay. but i prefer lennie briscoe/jerry orbach.

Carlyanne
Olivia is definitly the best character andscu is handsdown the best show of the three

speiderman
I am Jak McCoy from the personality test. I think the orignial law and order was the best.

BOPRecruit 16
did you guys see wednesday's episode of law & order and then it's conclusion on friday's law & order: trial by jury? geez...det. green got shot. wonder if he's going to die and means that jesse l. martin is leaving the show for good. well, based on the previews for this week, looks like he does and gets replaced by that guy from the sopranos. can't remember the name of the actor. also, what do you guys think of the new law & order series: trial by jury? i myself think it's really good so far. deep and compelling. strong plots and characters. kick ass theme song to boot as well!

BOPRecruit 16
Trial By Jury Returns?

for now, it looks like law & order: trial by jury is cancelled for now. based on what i heard from a friend of mine at xanga. so sorry that i can't provide evidence on that link to that article since xanga lost old comments a while back and has yet to fix the problem. anyways, just checked nbc.com and imdb, and it may not be cancelled after all and might aire new episodes this friday! check it out here: NBC.com and IMDB.com (at IMDB.com - scroll down until you see the message board section at the bottom and the one titled "Trial By Jury May Be Back On The Air!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.