Above the age of consent of course.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Papaumau
How much does that age gap matter really ?

Is it better for older guys to go with younger women than vice versa and does it matter at all how many years there are between partners ?

Does it make that age gap much more easy to come to terms with if that bloke has plenty of money ?

ladygrim
i know a 17yr ld girl going out wit a 28/9 yr old ...

shellie
i dont think age matters as long as both parties are of legal age of consent . i also think it doesnt matter who is the "older" one , the man woman .

my father -in -law is 18 years older then his wife . seems to work for them just fine .

and i do think wealth helps some to overlook the age difference .

prime example : Anna Nicole Smith

ladygrim
yes but a ridiculous age gap is differnt like 20 yr old wit a 55+ is quite wrong

Evy_O
it's ok as long as it's not paedophilia ... though big age gap does create problems at marriage

shellie
why is that wrong though. weather it be for love or sexual compatibility , it shouldnt matter what the age difference is .

Jedi Priestess
I think it depends on the ages myself. For instance, Lady Grim stated i know a 17yr ld girl going out wit a 28/9 yr old , me personally I think thats just nuts.....I mean really what does an almost 30 year old man see in a high school girl (beyond the physical aspects) that he can possibly relate to? And why does society look down on women who date much younger men when its ok for a man to date a much younger woman? There are alot of older celebrity men in their 50's 60's running around with 24-27 year old babes.......that has GOT to be money cause its rarely a case of a hot body! But the tongues started wagging when Demi Moore started dating Ashton Kutcher, go figure.

Evy_O
you mean paedophilia? 16 year old with 50? blink

shellie
no , of course not . my post came late . i mean why is it wrong for a 20 year old and a 55 year old to be together .

Jedi Priestess
thats not what a phedophile is.........

crazy_c
my 20 year old brother goes out with a 15 year old girl. I don't really like it but they don't think there's anything wrong with it.

Into the Void
It's spelled "pedophile". Pedophilia isn't when a 16 year old dates a 50 year old, in most US states, that's statitory rape. Basically any adult sexually abusing a child under the age of 13 is a pedophile.

Age matters less ass people get older. A 20 year old really shouldn't be touching 10 year olds, but it's ok for a 40 year old to date a 30 year old. Same 10 year gap, double standard.

ladygrim
i suposse it depends on who u r and wat u belive ..cuz some people will agree wit it think its ok for people to go out wit different age ranges and others wont... so in no way is ne1 gonna win

Df02
depends on the person....obviously its wrong if either partner is below the age of consent, but if ur happy being with sum1 10, 20, 40 years older than u, why should it matter?

ladygrim
yeah ...

Papaumau
I DID qualify the question by stating that the relationship must be above the age of consent, ( whatever that might be in YOUR country ).

BTW...It is called Paedophilia in Britain and it is sex with anybody below the age of 16 years. We don't have "statutory rape" here !

Anyway... that aside... I see no reason why a young woman should not or could not fall in love with an older man , ( in fact I believe that it is really quite common ), and I feel that there is nothing wrong with an older woman falling in love with a toyboy as long as a total committment is made in both directions.

I do see the problems that may be created when there is children produced from such a partnership as if one of the partners is quite old - usually the man - the child that is produced might see the man more as a grandfather than a father and THAT gap might be too much for a good parent/child relationship. This could be even worse when the child grows up and the elder parent has little common-ground with the child.

ladygrim
yup there is obviuosly a problem when children are invovled in it the older of the two may already have children similar ages to his/her partener

Jedi Priestess
so your wife is what 19?? eek! j/k finally someone on these boards thats older than me! laughing

Victor Von Doom
Statutory rape comes about when there is consent, but no legal means to give consent. This is because the participant is underage, thus a child, thus it fulfils the definition of paedophilia.

yerssot
hey, the quotes changed... I like these

Jedi Priestess

Papaumau
I should be so lucky Jedi Priestess...! roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, I was not talking about me; I was talking generally. ( Mind you, don't tell the mistress that the girlfriend is younger than her ). smile

Yeah...It looks as if I am the "elder" member now. So what; they say that you are only as old as the person you can get hold of ! angel_not

Evy_O
etymology, new latin? I'd swear pedo is from greek paidi = child and philia from greek word for friendship messed (I guess that greek has roots somewhere there)

anyhoo... yeah, I spelled it wrong ninja

Ushgarak
You didn't spell it wrong, Evy; only the Americans spell it without the a.

Ushgarak
Checking out the Oxford Dictionary, you are right about the etymology as well, Evy- it's Greek (pais/paidoe)

Evy_O
I didn't? that's good happy
thankies!

Jedi Priestess
USH! I didnt mean to spark a debate about the word origin or spelling for goodness sakes.....I got that from Webster's Dictionary online. The only reason I posted it is because there are some peeps who confuse a casual thing with an under age peep as being a ped when it's not that way. A Ped has those inclinations as their primary sexual attraction.

side note: why do non-american peeps always feel the need to point out that we are ass-backwards? I mean really........I see this all over KMC. I personally dont give a rats ass where someone comes from as long as they dont critisize me for where I was born. Not like I had much choice in the matter now is it? If I had had a choice I'd have been born in France anyway. wink

yerssot
I'm sorry sad

Victor Von Doom
Sounds like a Bill Hicks quote Jedi.

Darth Revan
11 years is nothing. I know a 40 year old woman who is married to a 75+ year old man. Bizarre.

Fire
an age gap seriously diminishes after a few years
the difference between a 20 year old wiv a 10 year old and a 40 year old wiv a 30 year old is that in the second relationship they are both adults, which changes a lot.

ladygrim
yup

§nakehead
As long as its not pedophilea age dosent matter.

manjaro
Iam basically echoeing the same sentiments of everybody else. As long as both parties are consenting adults there is absolutley nothing wrong with it. However, we must realize that the wider the age gap the less plausible it seems that there is any true love there or anything that they have in common other than physical attraction. In this day's way of thinking, when we see young woman on the arms of a ridiculously older man, we cant help but to assume that there is some financial gian to be made. cuz to me, there is no way a young woman would get with a regular, run o the mill, avergae joe, just like that for no damn reason. And when we see a younger man with an older woman its basically for the same reason, money. or to make HIS mother upset.

back on topic. Recently, middle aged actor Nick Cage married a 19yr old waitress in Calif. now, there is no way anybody can make me belive that she would have given herself to him, were he "Nick Cage, janitor extraordinaire", and Billy Bob Thorton, who is in his early 50's(i think) is engaged to a woman of the same age. and this guy's looks and personality are nothing to be desired, so tell me that it's not becuase these guys got money.

and lets not forget the always scandalous, Anna Nicole Smith

Fire
Manjaro who are we to speculate or question ppls motives regarding marriage, when none of us here even have the same definition about love.

manjaro
I wasnt specifically speaking in terms of marriage, sorry if you got that impression. I agree that we shoudnt speculate, but i was just trying to make a point that you cant help but to think that way. anyway, the main point is regardless of motives, there's nothing wrong with it

Fire
I know you weren't specifically talking about marriage but the cage example was about marriage so...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.