Star Wars: Battlefront

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Shmedi
I pre-oredered this game about a week ago and I'm reallly excited about it. I hear the maps are freekin huge and you can play as different classes of soldiers (think Battlefield 1942). Not to mention how cool the multiplayer will be! Oh the potential! What do you guys think?

The Ones
it will be worth a look

A BIG ONE

and i am getting it 4 christmas

SnakeEyes
information on Battlefront:
Battlefront is an action/shooter game that gives fans and gamers the opportunity to re-live and participate in all of the classic Star Wars battles like never before. Players can select one of a number of different soldier types, jump into any vehicle, man any turret on the battlefront and conquer the galaxy planet-by-planet online with their friends or offline in a variety of single player modes. Single player modes include "Instant Action," "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode that lets gamers experience all of the epic Star Wars battles from Episodes I-VI, fighting from the perspective of each of the four factions within the game.First and third-person gameplay ? depending on player preference.
Three single player modes including "Instant Action," "Galactic Conquest" and the story-based "Historical Campaigns" mode.
Multiplayer for up to 16 players (plus AI units) online.
Split-screen mode for multiplayer 'offline' play.
Battle in more than 12 environments across 10 diverse planets from the classic Trilogy and Clone Wars eras including Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, Kamino and Geonosis.
20 different soldier types from 4 factions: Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids. Soldier types include standard infantry, scouts, heavy weapons and pilots - each will have their own unique abilities.
More than 30 Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles, rocket launchers and thermal detonators, in addition to ground-based turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command posts.
More than 25 diverse ground and air vehicles including the AT-ST, X-Wing, and speeder bike, as well as the massive Republic Gunship that can hold up to five different soldiers.
Customizable controls on all systems.
Supports voice chat via compatible headsets (PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC).
Requires PlayStation 2 network adapter, Xbox Live kit and Internet PC for online multiplayer games.

SnakeEyes
An FAQ:

Is Star Wars Battlefront playable only from a 3rd person perspective?
You can play in both 3rd and 1st-person perspectives and it is switchable in-game. We foresee situations (piloting vehicles, etc.) where sometimes it will be advantageous to switch perspectives back and forth so it's up to player preference.

What do I need to play Star Wars Battlefront online?
For the Xbox, you will need Xbox Live to play, and for the PlayStation 2, you will need a PlayStation 2 Network Adapter. For the PC, a broadband Internet connection is required along with an ISP. A broadband Internet connection is required for all platforms.

Will there be a charge to play Star Wars Battlefront online?

No, there's no additional charge to play the game online. However, players are still responsible for their own ISP and connection charges.

What is the maximum number of human players in an online game?
We plan to support at least 16 human players over the Internet for the PS2 and Xbox versions, possibly more with dedicated server support. For the PC, we plan to support at least 32 human players over the Internet. For LAN games, we plan to support 32 players for the PS2 and Xbox versions, and 64 for the PC version. Of course, the total number of players for any single game will vary with network conditions and hardware performance.

Will you have to use a gamepad for the PC version?
Absolutely not. PC players will be able to use the keyboard and mouse just like any other first-person shooter. All controls for the PC version of Star Wars Battlefront will be customizable.

Is there a single player component to Star Wars Battlefront?
Yes, single players can play Instant Action battles or play the Galactic Conquest mode. In Galactic Conquest, players can choose any of the four factions and try to take over the galaxy. Players will be able to give commands to their AI teammates in order to lead their side to victory.

Can players choose to play Jedi as a class?
No, but Jedi do appear in the game as NPC or AI characters. More info to come later.

Is Star Wars Battlefront using the same engine from an existing game?
No, the engine for Star Wars Battlefront is a brand new engine developed by Pandemic Studios.

Will there be voice chat for the PC version?
Yes, there will be voice chat for the PC version, as well as the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions. Of course, text chat will also be available in the PC version.

SaTsuJiN
people better die in like 1 or 2 laser shots.. it'll be rediculous if it winds up like quake with people rocket jumping

StinkFist462
sounds awesome .. see online wink

RaventheOnly
blink Console? What the f**k? it would be better on PC .... i hope its PC release at the same time as console.

SaTsuJiN
it'd be cool if they had pc vs console with the networking, but thats doubtful

StinkFist462
yea thatwould be hella cool but very doubtful

Jedi Shmedi
Well, the PC version comes out Sept. 21st, the PS2 version was released the 22nd of August.

grey fox
if they made it with gamecube they would ether have to come up with a internet systm thingy or evamp it for one player

ChickinMeat
that would be excellent, but very unlikely due to controls, as a mouse is much faster to aim with than a controller, so all the PC players would have higher scores and whatever than the console users with a pad. the game is probably to fast for that. RPG's would work fine for multi system gaming as there usualy much slower.

and this game looks awesome, but the starwars game immost looking forward to is republic commando, thats gonna be hella awesome

§pearhead
Yea, both those games look pretty good big grin can't wait to get 'em

cal31
I just got it and it is a really sweet game, but there are two big problems with online. First for xbox there are no stats and no lobby. I just cannot understand how you cannot have a lobby for a game like this, basically every online game has one, and when both PC and PS2 have leaderboards, how come Xbox doesn't. Second, there is no way to see how many people are on a team, so you could have 14 players on the empire, and 1 on the rebels. Just does not make sense how they could have these glaring issues on a game that is made for online. They better release a patch soon.

badsymbiote
Hm...my oldest son loves the game--he was very excited about it, and initially I didn't want him to play it, since he's only 7--but I love games, too, so I allowed him to play with me watching, after we spoke about the amount of violence and ensuring that he can differentiate reality from virtual reality. I liked the idea of cooperative play, which is not exactly a common feature in most video-game fare--and the graphics are sweet, of course.
I may get the pc version, too, even though I suck at them.

SaTsuJiN
Im not buying it... but I'll get it.. wink if its good I'll think about buying it.. but I didnt hear good things about it

StinkFist462
renting is all u need .. online is real lame and you beat it in like 2-3 hours if u sit and play it straight for that long ....... i was disappointed

§pearhead
I dunno, it's pretty addicting big grin reminds me a bit of Timesplitters, though

cal31
yup the online mode is pretty glitchy right now, but they're gonna release some patches soon which should fix it. A lot of people have compared it to when Battlefield came out and wasn't that great of game, but they released some patches and now it's a really great game. So I'm holding out for the best.

SaTsuJiN
I took a ss of me playing kamino defense

<<Solo>>
Hey I need help ok whenever I try to connect into the internet, it says that my connection does not work, but if I test the connection or try Socom they both work, any suggestions?

cal31
I don't have any, but I've seen other people have the same problem.

StinkFist462
that happened to me once. . but i jus tried to connect again and it worked ...

cal31
They just released a patch that is supposed to fix connecting problems

SnakeEyes
anyone have it for PC? is it good enough to buy?

SaTsuJiN
theres not enough replay value except for multiplayer IMO.. download it and if you like it buy it.. I think people have the right to try before buying

JKozzy
How big is the PS2 patch? erm I don't want to erase my mem card and find out that it's 20 MB and that I need the HD. sad

JKozzy
Nevermind; it was about 1,890 KB. Now I either need the HDD or another 8MB memory card... ugh

But! It works, and I'm so happy.. big grin

Anyone else play Battlefront on their PS2 online?

OB1-adobe
Ps2 players go here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t308891.html

SaTsuJiN
lol.. PC is probably better cuz aiming is easier

StinkFist462
yea there is no way a console will beat a pc at shooting games

cal31
Well a company just released an adapter for PS2 and Xbox so you can use a mouse and keyboard, but I personally like the feel of a controller better.

SaTsuJiN
heh. I thought I did too.. till I used a mouse and keyboard for my dreamcast while playing Q3 : arena

JKozzy
You've been able to use a mouse and keyboard with PS2 since almost launch.... confused

And I can't log onto Battlefront, it keeps saying there's a new patch, and there isn't. messed

cal31
I have xbox and there hasn't been anything for a keyboard or mouse.

Yassin
My question is,can you also play as jedi's or sith? I heard not,but i did saw a jedi running around the battlefield...so?

Sun Ce
maybe the jedis are leaders in the battle, ever think of that big grin, not playable tho erm

joelcool7
Nintendo of course reveiled its still the #1 in gaming.
Its Ds is bound to crush PSP who had just anounced they were cutting the online play to cut costs.

The gamecube is superior to X-BOX and PS2 in numerous ways.

I have an official rating below

Gcn
1.controls- 5/5
2.technologic advances-5/5
3.graphics -4.5/5
4.soundsystem - 3/5

The game cubes wireless and easy controls make the cubes controlers easy to manuver.The cube utalizes the best in AI technology and a high loading speed. The graphics card is just as good if not superior to the X-BOX. the surround sound and sterio is alright.

PS2
1.controls- 3/5
2.technologic advances-1.5/5
3.graphics -2/5
4.soundsystem -3/5

The PS2 is old technology released to go up against its seperior dreamcast its front loading system is annoying and easy to break. It has only two control sockets. I must say the system is obsolite.

X-BOX
1.controls- 4/5
2.technologic advances-2/5
3.graphics -4/5
4.soundsystem -3/5

the x-box is a superior peice of technology controls are bulky the box is bulky.The technological advances are little their computer chips are massive the console takes a long loading period. the graphics are of good quality but they could be improved their are too many glitches in games like halo mechassault.the soundsystem is poor quality the sounds can be ajusted its bad mono and good sarround sound.

your choice

Nintendo is going to have a supperior game line for 2005. X-box has one good game

StinkFist462
wtf ? What the f**k?

SaTsuJiN
I dont know where you got that review.. but it sounds horribly biased.. biased material is not credible material for debatable purposes

MC Mike
HAHAHAHA! That was so feckin random. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.