Deformed Sidious in RotS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
Ok, thanks to JP posting the intreview with SW makeup artist Dave Elsey, we now know that there will indeed be a deformed, unhooded darth sidious in ep3....so now we must discuss this.

the question is obvious...how is it that palpatine just looks like a normal guy and sidious looks like the elephant man? are they really one and the same? if so, how? if not...then wtf? big grin

thoughts?

smoker4
I've read that he looses his oil of olay features having to reach for more darkside force while mixing it up with yoda smokin'

Dont think he has been masking his true face from everyone like has been previousley stated, i like the above idea the best and it still shows yodas power even if he does come off second best

darktim1
I think with being the master of the sith and trying to keep it hidden might had taken it's toll on palpatine being in public maybe he probibley had stress.

smoker4
Dark side eczema and dermatitis??

cylob49
Im going for the Edward Nigma scenario at the end of the third Batman movie where the jokers head is deformed due to ...oh you know what im getting at.

Sith Master X
He is definitely one in the same. Somehow, I believe he has the ability to hide his true appearence.

pooperpants
Palpatine does indeed have the ability to transform into who ever he choose's.

smoker4
How do you know that poop? it's a pretty bold statement!! huh

guiro72
dunno pooperpants....i haven't seen anything to suggest that in the films or from official sources....

at this point it seems he either gets damaged by yoda, or that he has always looked like he does in rotj, and has just been able to mask it....either idea sounds good to me, or a combination of both....i won't have a clearer answer 'til something leaks or the film comes out....

looking at the shots of the new makeup in jp's thread though, does it look like palpatine's damage is constant from ep III to ep VI, or does he "age"?.....if you get what i mean.....

smoker4
Botox missuse??

NoMeN
LOL!

Jedi Priestess
yet ANOTHER thread that has been wasted with stupid useless posts messed messed

smoker4
embarrasment

Gangularis
I don't think they're stupid and useless..

i think at least HALF of these forums and places like this are meant for the fellowship and fun.. the point is to HAVE FUN when all is said and done.. and they're having fun while keeping on topic for the most part... besides, it looks like only maybe half the thread was in facetiousness.
If you want to get all dorky analytical serious about star wars the whole time, that's fine.. but let people joke around a little, geesh.

anyway.. i used to have my hopes up for the disguised appearance theory... but now i'm sorta hopin that like his lightning gets reflected back to him or something, by yoda, causing him to end up lookin extra evil.

Gangularis
a dose of his own inner evil splashed onto the outside..

smoker4
Hmm a dose of his own medicine!!! interesting idea as to how he gets the face looking like a slapped baby gamorrians bum smokin'

Gangularis
what's a gamorrian?

smoker4
The Green wartog faced guards in ROTJ, luke puts the choke on a couple at jabba's palace

En Shutar!!!
Oh,how rude!!!

darktim1
yep the yoda theory sounds like the battle might fearce enough to cause them to have show down after all they are the two strongest.

Ken Benobi
I could go for that, after all Yoda wasn't fully able to finish it with Dooku because he had to save Obi and Ani, so it would be nice to see him really get into it a bit more....

Gangularis
i just rented episode I and i noticed there's that "transmission" they recieve supposedly from naboo while they're chillin on tattoine...

anyway, in the transmission to their ship, that one member of that naboo council says there's casualties in the hundreds on naboo.. or something like that... do you think that was really that guy, or is it palpatine disguising himself trying to get them to give out their location by responding to that transmission??

Sith Master X
Hmmm, very interesting question. Obi-Wan did say it was a trick once, so you never know. It's a possibility.

Ken Benobi
I've wondered about that myself-

yerssot
what the ... ? you make it sound like he can impersonate everyong perfectly! why wouldn't he then kill Valorum, take over his place, and during re-election, kill the winner and impersonate him??

waynerobsonuk
interesting idea gangularis, it does sort of feed into the idea of sidious being able to hide/change his appearance in some way. But yet again where was palps at this point in the film wink ?
Unless he'd recorded it in advance

Wayne...

yerssot
that or there is no palpatine and it's all a trick no expression

Batman316
One word- 'Clones' *eyeshifts

darktim1
but obi-wan was smart because he said send no answer because it was suspious to him when he saw it on the naboo starship who knows palpatine had'nt even left corusant yet but he could have used the other person by using the force.

guiro72
one of my problems with phantom menace was that i never really felt like they were in any immediate danger.....i know they were, but it just didn't translate onto the screen for me.....in the original films they were constantly pursued, with the enemy breathing down their neck....though i do enjoy the political aspect of the new ones, i always thought it would click more for me if i'd seen some evidence of this death toll on naboo, or felt the urgency of maul tracking them on tatooine (which i don't really for the most part - there are a couple of exceptions).....

so to get to the point, i wondered whether there WAS a death toll, or whether it was a trick as obi wan says......i thought if it was a trick, it would be beardy guy (name escapes me) having his arm twisted by the neimoidians, being told what to say with a knife at his back.....that was just my gut reaction at the time without really putting much thought into it....

smoker4
Yep or it would be easy to make a fake transmission wouldnt it?? photoshop holonet edition???

yerssot
Sio Bibble and how he told it always made me think he was forced into saying it

rayj
Valorium is who he is, it's the fact that they have guns to his head outside the hologram, it's not palpatine disguised as him, they just basically have him at laser point saying that!
but back on the subject, I think it would be really cool if it turned out that palpatine is not sidious, and sidious is so crafty that he figured out a way to use him as a pawn, but I don't expect it to be that way at all, but I would love if GL rubbed it in everyones face like that,

yerssot
erm... rayj... Valorium doesn't exist
you mean Valorum and he's the supreme chancellor during TPM
as said, the person guiro was looking for was as I said Sio Bibble

guiro72
yeah, bibble....memory plays tricks on me sometimes, used to have trouble getting the word bibble out of my head....quite a relief actually....

i love watching palpatine screw with everyone's heads in the first two films....if it turned out that wasn't actually the emperor from rotj i would be very dissapointed....that would be as annoying as george pasting hayden christenson iinto return of the jedi.....

oh....

agree with smoker4, digitally faked transmission of bibble would be my other choice for explanation of the hologram....hinted at by palpatine's faked broken transmission to naboo at start of film....

PVS
perhaps sidious does use the force to disguise himself, but his battles with mace and yoda put stress on him, weakening him, forcing him to drop his facade.

maybe he just cant battle and keep his facade at the same time?

the poster who brought up the "e. nigma" deformation scene from batman may have been joking, but that scenario just may be a possbility.
im leaning toward my theory though

yerssot
you did saw TPM right? it was a communications disruption, NOT a faked transmission

PVS
it would be such a trivial thing to explain in ep3, 12 years after the fact. it was him, he was tricked/forced onto making the transmission.

its a dead issue

guiro72
no one said it was going to be in ep 3 PVS, we just wandered onto that topic while discussing the palpatine thing....there was some kind of connection at the time (i think).....

yerssot, palpatine was IN CHARGE of the communications disruption....not saying you're wrong, we've obviously just always seen that scene from a slightly different angle....i see him playing innocent while he's the one disrupting his own signal....i love the scene that way....

yerssot
in charge ?? he was on coruscant, interacting with the queen on naboo, what is there to be in charge about? he didn't do anything at all, the trade federation placed a communication disruption
that's it, there is nothing to argue about, it's said in the movie already

PVS
i wast quoting anyone, but if something like that were true, then it must be explaied, which it wasnt.

and you are both correct, the federation blocked the signal, but palps gives play by play instructions to the federation. so indirectly, he did have his own disrupted.

its was always weird to be that bibble begged them to contact him, since he was the one who deducted that naboo was being invaded. why would someone so smart do something so stupid? unless he was willing to sacrifice the queen to save naboo?

aaaah, i guess i should read my own words...its a dead issue

Darth Cain
Here's something to consider: IF palpatine is disguising himself with the Force, which a Jedi should sense, then why does he stop doing it later on? Why would he go around deformed in the OT? Just to make people uncomfortable around him?

yerssot
because now he doesn't have to keep up the appearance?

guiro72
he's telling the trade federation exactly what to do every step of the way......controlling every tiny detail of the invasion....unless you think palpatine and sidious aren't the same person....

but i agree not to argue....i have so much trouble enjoying the prequels, that i want to make the most of those small elements i do enjoy.....

even if i am wrong, i don't care....i don't want to know otherwise....

Darth Cain
It just seems to that a lot of people want to make more out of certain things, especially concerning Palpatine (clone, disguised, etc.), than what is actually there. I'm fairly sold on the notion of his being disfigured by Yoda somehow and him probably wounding the little guy in some way.

guiro72
quote:
IF palpatine is disguising himself with the Force, which a Jedi should sense, then why does he stop doing it later on? Why would he go around deformed in the OT?
cain

agree with yerssot, i always assumed he just didn't have to anymore....there's no longer any senate left for him to appear in....also thought he had just aged unnaturally from useage of the dark side and there was nothing he could do about it....

now my views could change, if the rumour that yoda is responsible for it is true, or that he's masking his true appearance etc etc.....we'll just have to wait and see....

i always thought it was more that he was masking the dark side, erm, "vibe" in eps I and II, rather than his appearance....but who knows?....we'll see....

Darth Cain
Well, yeah, hiding the Dark Side definitely. I just can't buy the appearance thing unless Palpatine pulls off a rubber mask and says "Behold, the true face of Evil!"
evil face

PVS
i dont know about that, i think its pretty huge, not just some minor detail. it could possily hold the answer to the great mystery, why are the jedi blind to him in eps 1 & 2?

i agree that the palps=clone theory is just waaaaay out there,but i think this is a very worth while discussion.

PVS
what also gets me though....the lisp.

palps doesnt have the lisp.
"i dont want this shhhtunted ssshhhlime in my site again"

"...and young ssshhhkywalker will be one of us"

Darth Cain
I understand what you're saying, PVS, but I think its going to be simpler than some theories.....
He wasn't deformed and he wasn't detected by the Jedi because he didn't use the force in their presence, like the way Leia has Force potential but Vader doesn't know because she doesn't use it. If he doesn't reach out ot hte Force, there's nothing for them to sense.....

Darth Cain
Are you sure he's not hissing? He is evil ya know....

PVS
well, if you must know my opinion, i think its a lisp, and he's gay. thats why he's so angry...1000+ years in the closet. big grin

ok, serious then, ill call it a 'hiss'
so...why does palps not hiss?

yerssot
you make it sound like Sean Connery played him wink

Darth Cain
LOL

Darth Cain
What about the not-using-the-Force theory?

PVS
laughing LOL

Bartman99
what about the idea he kinda cripples himself by using the UBER darkside force power to revive anakin?

and about the whole why dont the jedi sense it:
as master yoda says "the dark side clouds everything"
the whole jedi order is kinda blind, according to all opinions, they have lost their powers

PVS
YODA: the dark side clouds everything.

yoda says this in meditation directly in front of sidious. a think that sidious is clouding their vision the whole time, not just to himself, bt to everything

EDIT> oops...someone beat me to it

yerssot
Yoda:

"The dark side clouds everything ... impossible to drive, my car is" sad

PVS
when 900 years old you reach, drive as well you will not...hmmm?

guiro72
it's pretty easy not to talk in a pantomime evil voice....if you don't want people to know you're a pantomime evil villian it may even be recommended.....

the not using the force theory deserves looking into....vader only says "the force is strong in this one" after luke switches off his targeting computer i think....but it would involve long and sad research to fully explore....maybe one day....definite possibility....but my gut instinct says the ultimate master of the sith would have to emenate some force disturbance, even if he wasn't using the force.....

i tend to think some of this at least will be a combination of things, rather than definitely one way or another, possibly even left unexplained (like the bibble message).....

as for the physical reveal, i always thought it would be a gradual (albeit accelerated) thing, taking the makeup as far as they could push it in ep III, and then leaving the 23 year gap to fill in the blanks.....as soon as we saw the extreme makeup for ep III i had to start rethinking things.....at first i thought it would be in the mace scene, maybe he has his back to him for the start of the scene, maybe a quick digital dissolve (pulling off a rubber mask? think more american werewolf in london)....

the yoda theory sounds just as believable though....again, maybe it's a combination of the two....

Bartman99
force _ part traffic jam
(seen in bruce almighty)

guiro72
i had forgotten about the "reviving anakin" theory bartman99....that was around before the yoda one i think....

PVS
i doubt sidious would sacrifice anything for anakin.

only thing i can think of along those lines is if anakin throws a fit when he wakes up as a machne and realises padme is dead...maybe he does that to palps.

Darth Cain
That reviving theory might work. First time I've seen that....
But remember, Yoda says the Dark Side clouds everything at the end of Ep. 2 when Palpatine has all but won.
Palpatine was around Jedi before that in Ep. 1 and presumably prior to that...

guiro72
i always thought palpatine was the reason that the jedi were losing their powers....that he was doing it to them....quite a juggling act he's got going on, what with screwing up the powers of the entire jedi order, making everyone in the films do exactly what he wants, and hiding his physical form (and lisp)....still finding time to train new sith....making all his senate appointments.....

it would be worth palpatine sacrificing his good looks to have the chosen one on his team....

in the novel or somewhere pretty official it says that he goes into seclusion some time after the empire is formed, "hiding himself away and becoming a reclusive figure" or words to that effect....i always used to think this was to hide his evil pantomime look from the citizens of the galaxy....also 'cause he just didn't give a damn once he had what he wanted....

Darth Cain
...............possibly.

guiro72
sorry cain, could you clarify your point again?....i've lost the thread....

but i'm really looking forward to seeing this duel....
actually find the thougth of palpatine using the sabre more surprising than yoda....

Darth Jello
the top 3 theories (in my opinion)
1.Sidious falls victim to a new force power from yoda
2.Sidious is scarred and nearly killed by vader's force tantrum
3.Vader dies during one of his surgeries, so Sidious revives him by transferring some of his own life essence to him, thus aging him and bonding them in life forever (i must obey my master)

guiro72
quote:
"1.Sidious falls victim to a new force power from yoda"
jello

yoda repells his own lightning back at him?

you're not a big fan of the "he's 900 years old and he's just been hiding it" theory then?

Darth Jello
no, he definitly wasn't, i've already said this a thousand times but mr. mccallum has said that Sidious' face is deformed due to something "very specific that happens in episode 3".

smoker4
I dont think he falls victim to a new force power from yogurt (sorry yoda!), i think that in order to beat yoda as such he has to tap into his powers which bring on the facial change, remember we've still not seen yoda in full out battle, he had to concentrate on obi and anakin last time with dooku, he has small persons syndrome and that can be mighty powerful indeed smokin'

guiro72
especially in hollywood....

Gangularis
can you give a link to someplace where you've seen rick say this??

Cowboyography
yeah Small people suck!

(hush falls over crowd)

cornponious
I think the "force tantrum" theory is just the lamest idea in the world. I truly, TRULY hope this does not happen.

I'm all for the theory about Sidious performing some ancient Sith ceremony to heal Anakin (or bring him back from the dead) which requires so much of his own energy that it deforms him.

I like that theory.

cornponious

cornponious
Here's the main reason I like this theory so much:

I think that if Sidious were in fact hiding his true appearance, then when he actually revealed his true appearance to Anakin it would be such a shock (to see a hidious transformation like that happening to someone that Anakin, who really is good at heart, trusted so much) that it would really scare Anakin away from the dark side.

That's why I think that the way Palpatine looks is also the way Sidious looks at the present time, and he won't be deformed until "something happens".

cornponious

smoker4
Regarding the masking his appearance theory, my question is why does he still hide his real appearence under his sith cloak??? You can tell that he hasnt got ROTJ features under his hoody in EP1 and 2!!! huh

Darth Jello
it appeared in an insider magazine about a month or three ago.

Sith Master X
I'd have to say that I like that theory as well.

Gangularis
yeah, i was coming to believe that it's more likely that something happens to him as opposed to him merely shadowing the vision of all of those around him, like some kind of dark side mind trick.

queeq
A sith ceremony? Nah, don't like that. It's clear Palpy loves technology (the Death Star, clones, massive army, (super)battle droids). So I think it suits the story best if they just use all technology available and jigsaw ole Anakin back together making him "more machine than man".

Master Kadub
I am of the notion that Sidious gets smoked trying to fight Yoda.....
using that BS lightning crap or something and Yoda throws it back
into Sidious face.....
then Yoda scoots out of there, know Sidious will get his in
due......
Yoda just wanted to make sure Sidious had a little reminder
for bringing down the Jedi Order......

Darth Cain
Darth Jello brought up a very good point about the Rick McCallum quote. I forgot about that. Its very possible Palpatine's deformity has to do with Anakin's rebirth.

Palpatine couldn't be using the Force to disguise his face because the Jedi (when nearby) would sense it. Keep in mind, Yoda says the Jedi are weakened in their use of the Force. He doesn't say they've lost it completely.

queeq
This is one of my problems with the PT, they try to explain everything.... if this actually makes the movie of course. I just like to SEE Palpy change to the twisted looking old man with evil yellow eyes, just by his sheer evil. I don't need any bloody accidents to make him look this way.

Darth Cain
Yeah, seeing him just alter himself into the deformed version would be a good visual. I just don't see how that could be explained.....

That's the trouble with prequels, I guess, you're chained to what was written long ago.

queeq
It CAN be explained, but there's no need. Explaining things is plain boring.

Darth Cain
Well, that's true...
Unless its a mystery movie. The question is: would the average movie-goer understand something really subtle? I'm not too sure......

darth_surgent
I used to think, and still think that Palpy's deformities should be the product of the corruptive nature of the Dark Side. Decades of tapping into and manipulating the Dark Side really should have a negative effect on the body. Here is what I thought would be the proof at one point:

In Episode 1 we see Palpatine, and he looks relatively healthy. In Episode 2, however, his face appears much, much older and decayed (I know it's been many years since, but he looks seriously bad).

However, the pics of Palpy in Episode 3 actually make him look better than he did in Ep. 2, so I guess that isn't the route that GL is going to take. At first I thought that they might alter his appearance digitally, but after recent mentionings of make-up artists working to re-create the deformed look for him, it is more plausible that there will be a massive and immediate change, instead of the gradual decay that I would have preferred. I'm not especially fond of any of the current theories out there about him, but if all goes well in the end, I will be okay with the fact that it didn't turn out my way.

PVS
...still waiting on the RM quote...

anyone?

smoker4
I've looked for that too, but as yet it has eluded me confused

Master Kadub
I still hope Yoda throws that purple lightning crap back at Palpatine and smokes the old man.......
that would be so cool, I would live with the Jedi's downfall after seeing that..... eek!

Darth Jello
look, i'm in my new dorm in boulder, the specific issue of insider I am talking about is at my house in Centennial, 65 miles to the south east. getting it on the first day of classes is problematic, however, I believe it is the one before the Grievous issue. It was in the very end of the magazine where the Q&A usually is.

nigeyo2000
I agree with some of ya on here...

I heard that he gets it after a confrontation with someone, cos he has to use some DARK powers !

guiro72
agree with darth surgent's last post, that was the way i saw it (then and now)....as soon as i saw healthy palpatine in ep I, i thought it was just using the dark force for all those years eating away at him....i remember the rick maccalum quote....i don't think there was much more to it than what was posted, but it is true.....

i don't like the "force tantrum" theory either, as mentioned by cornponious....i think it is the least likely....

considering the maccallum quote, then i guess we are left with anakin's healing, or yoda causing it in the duel....

the yoda theory is good because people will be annoyed that yoda didn't win the duel, and this gives those people something.....the anakin's healing theory is good because it explains why anakin sticks around palpatine for so long, he feels he owes him for his life.....

guiro72
quote:
"I heard that he gets it after a confrontation with someone, cos he has to use some DARK powers !"

nigeyo2000, can ya back that up?.....it rings a bell....

Darth Cain
Most of Palpatine's alteration probably does occur over time. Those pics where the make-up pieces are being put on the fake head don't look nearly as bad as Palps does in Ep. 6. So he must get worse over time....

guiro72
this is what i thought too....i like this, because i get to cling to my original interpretation of things (a bit).....i also like the idea that when we see palpatine in rotj, we should say "holy crap!!".....(as mentioned before)....

Darth Cain
Right, maybe we can have it both ways....
Whatever the explanation, it had better be good! If Lucas comes up with something lame I'm going to be upset.

guiro72
*crosses fingers*....so far everything looks REAL good....i'm as shocked as anyone.....

Bartman99

smoker4
Why is he german??? laughing out loud

Bartman99
yeahr true german scheisse porn wink

smoker4
sick

guiro72
quote:
maybe lucas will make binks piss in the emperors face out of boredom

why not, he's already pissed in all of ours (sorry couldn't resist - last one i promise)

quote:
1) Sidious is just hiding his real appearance

Doesnt sound as stupid as some ppl make it, i mean the jedi dont even believe Dooku when he tells them the complete truth, so they are like 99% blind, good chance they dont manage to feel the dark side from Palps

always undrstood this theory to mean that hiding his, erm, "force aura" was one of sidious's powers.....doesn't make it true though....and if what macallum's said is true, that might knock this one out of the water (the fact that it's to do with his appearance anyways).....

Bartman99
why is it that most americans judge ppl by the country they come from
(germans are nazis and love shit, french are gay and cowardly, mexicans are smelly...)
i mean nobody else lives buy such stereotypes
no offense though

Bartman99
still might be a "big" scene, maybe sidious walks up to the injuired/ dying Windu, with Anakin there and then telling him his whole plot, choking him and showing his real face, telling Anakin to Finish him, maybe even "now young windu, you will die" shocking Windu to death himself

guiro72
quote:
why is it that most americans judge ppl by the country they come from?

living in a bubble and never set foot outside america? watching too much rascist hollywood propoganda? i will stop before i dig myself in any deeper (just imagine lots of smilies after those comments)

in regards to the "big scene"....i think macallum said something like "it's caused by a specific event"....."caused by" is the one that kills it as a theory....the way you have it above is similar to my first idea of how this scene might play out though....

PVS
you mean they're not all true?
JUST KIDDING!!!!!laughing laughing

but you have to admit, some of the freakiest porn comes from germany. big grin

and hey, everyone says americans are arrogant, racist, loudmouth isolationist rednecks...so there is s*** flung from all ends. (as well as those pornos) stick out tongue
the real problem is that there are too many idiots on all sides who seem to enjoy living up to their steriotypes.
anyway, lets just all hold hands and sing "we are the world" and then get back to topic smile

Darth Cain
Hmmmmm.............

Thought this was a forum about Star Wars.....
Not Germans and their freaky porn.

guiro72
quote:
the real problem is that there are too many idiots on all sides who seem to enjoy living up to their steriotypes.

that's a pretty dangerous comment really when you think about it, but i know you don't mean anything by it....you are american after all....you don't know any better wink laughing out loud

are there forums about freaky german porn?.....frightening thought....

Darth Cain
That is a frightening thought, but again, this IS a Star Wars forum.

PVS
well, what im saying is that freaks and a-holes are universal. anyone who says different...please tell me where you live because im moving there wink

and yes, this is now the "german porn forum" laughing laughing

ok ok, lets try to get back on coarse here

PVS
i think bartman was the last to stay on target here, so ill repost it and lets pick it up from there...

and i STILL say palps is masking his appearence stick out tongue
thats my story and im sticking to it

Darth Cain
I'm starting to like the life-force theory, myself. That would explain the whole "the power of the darkside" line of Vader's in ROTJ and part of why he hesitates to save Luke- killing the Emperor means his own death. And he says to Luke about dying: "Nothing can stop that now".

guiro72
macallum said it was "caused by" a certain specific event in ep III, so this counts out the hiding appearance theory (unless he's lying)....

see, i was on topic, you are all just too easily distracted by freaky german porn....

PVS
very interesting DC

could it simply mean that vader is tapping into the dark side to keep himself alive? and that is how he learns to "stop people from dying"? could it mean the emporer only provided him with the mech suit?

it makes sense, since vader becomes anakin, the dark side leaves him, and thus he's doomed, and he knows it.

guiro72
yeah cain, a while back i was thinking it might be their special bond....that if palpatine dies, so does vader because they're linked by that....

then i thought that if that were the case, vader wouldn't be inviting luke to join him and overthrow the emperor, cause that would also spell his death....

then i thought maybe it is the rule of two and if one dies so does the other....then i remembered that palpatine would have died when maul died....then i thought maybe he had dooku ready to take over at that point (and anakin in ep III) for that very reason....

then i stopped thinking about it, thank god....

Darth Cain
Sorry, that type of feces use throws me off topic everytime....

I still say that Palpatine is normal until Ep. 3 and can be around Jedi simply by not drawing on the Force around them.

PVS
i really need to see the article.
someone please post it if and when they can

could the act of being unmasked count for the "cause" of his appearence?

guiro72
but, if we're discussing the change in his physical appearance, macallum's quote makes that impossible....sorry to harp on, but it kills it outright (and what you are saying was my choice, up until this was pointed out).....

smoker4
Sorry bartman no offence intented, i'm from england though, not america!!!

Our stereotypes lean more towards italians being cowardly and the french being smelly as for germans well dont get me started!!!!!

But that aint me and no offence meant!!!

*Opened a can of worms* embarrasment

Back on track now!!

PVS
i will rethink this once i see the article quoted word for word. not until then.

guiro72
crap...that coming up out of order really didn't help....

don't have the article (or quote, i think it was from a convention or some q&a session somewhere), it wasn't much more than that one sentence from what i can remember....someone asked about it, and he said it was caused by a specific dramatic event in ep III, or words to that effect....

smoker4
definatley his scrap with yoda smokin'

Darth Cain
The only thing about Yoda fighting Palpatine is the lack of rumors from anyone but fans..........
I haven't seen any pictures or read any descriptions about such an encounter.

guiro72
no, closest thing i have is just the picture of palpatine's sabre, which proves nothing....but, and i can't back this up, i got the feeling it was an official leak....that is, it wasn't information they were trying to withold, it was information they made sure got out....how official i can't really remember now, but it may even go so far as to come from an official source....plus other things that have come from the official source tie in with it alarmingly (the recent bail speeder picture caption for one)....i guess pictures would be scarce because of the digital nature of yoda, they would just be palpatine waving a stick around at thin air....

PVS
its has to happen, palps has a sabre, yoda will fight...both are confirmed.
it stands to reason that the 2 great masters should face off.

smoker4
Yep guiro!!! i'll buy that for a dollar smokin'

PVS
you wouldnt even see that. more like ian's CG double.

guiro72
good point....

proffitt
Perhaps Yoda's use of the Force in the battle does indeed inflict some damage upon Palpatine. However, it could be that the Dark Side has drained/corrupted Palpatine physically in some way. I think that I remember reading or hearing somewhere that GL commented on the appearance of Palpatine and Vader at the end of ROTJ saying that they looked much older due to the use of the Dark Side of the Force. It will be interesting to see what develops.

PVS
yeah, but you know how GL loves to change his mind

proffitt
Yeah, PVS, he does; so he could come up with anything; everyone here does have some interesting theories, though.

Darth Cain
The only Lucas quotes that might hold up are those from the last year at most.
I love it when people point out quotes from 1978 or 1982 regarding something being done now.

PVS
true, considering GL will change his mind in the time it takes to finish one of his films. so you can forget about him holding a thought for over 20 years smile

Bartman99

guiro72
ya lost me with the hebrew writing reference, bartman....sounds damn interesting and i'd like to know more, whatever it's about.....

but i guess the real question isn't whether palpatine saves anakin....we know he does, whether he uses force powers or not he does save anakin, and it will resonate in all those ways you mentioned.....but the question is whether that is what deforms him.....and i definitely hate the force tantrum theory.....

i'm between the revive theory and the yoda theory, and i hope he ages a lot between ep III and rotj, because i'd like to see him drained by prolonged force usage as well as by the dramatic event....

Bartman99
"So, the sentence is pronounced - Ein MaaSaV NimChaLim (!) Aad SheZaCha -

Meaning - His deeds will not be forgiven until he merits "

this is taken from theforce.net/rouser/chestplate.shtml

cornponious
There's writing on his chestplate? I never knew that. Can someone post a picture?

cornponious

cornponious
Never mind, here it is.

cornponious

cornponious
Interesting. I never knew that was there. Also interesting is how pathetically bad the chestplate looks close-up!

corn

PVS
is that where you plug in the playstation controllers? big grin

...or perhaps they are scsi ports?

guiro72
that is just feckin' weird....could it be doctored?.....strangest thing i've heard about in ages.....now there's a reason to go to the next magic of myth tour, or whatever it's called....

Darth Cain
That looked like the made-up lettering used on other SW stuff.........
Wouldn't something like that be known by now?

This thread has gone off-topic again, by the way.

cornponious
Silly! That's where you hook up the colostomy bag!

corn

PVS
laughing laughing laughing
yeah, i guess its gotta come out somewhere

PVS
what are you talking about? you mean that the deformation of palpatine and vader's method of taking a s*** aren't related?

oops embarrasment

stick out tongue

Darth Cain
Well, maybe you've caught onto something with that....
George did say this would be the darkest movie, so who knows what Palptine does to revive Anakin............

evil face

Master Kadub
freakin Palpatine maybe using black magic and Voo-Doo...
evil face

Darth Cain
Or doo-doo.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>