the chained oak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladygrim
During a stormy night in 1821, Charles Thomas Talbot, the 15th Earl of Shrewsbury was making his way, via the baraby gutter, to Alton towers (his ancestral seat) in his carriage and was accosted on the way (at the site of the tree) by a beggar woman asking for money. The Earl refused and ordered his servants to drive on, at this the woman placed a curse on the Earl "for every branch that falls from this tree, a member of your family will die". That night the storm worsened and lightening struck the tree causing a branch to fall. Also that night a member of the Earls family suddenly, and inexplicably, died. The next day the Earl sent his workmen to chain up the remaining branches of the tree so that no more should fall and where the chains remain to this day.

i live 15mins away from this its coool

Papaumau
So, what you are saying here M'lady is that curses and black-magic and voodoo and the like are real ?

ladygrim
yup

Papaumau
You certainly are a lady of few words !

If you believe they are real, do you think that they work BECAUSE you think they are real and if you didn't they wouldn't ?

Dexx
what if a little twig falls?

Tptmanno1
They break a finger.

Dexx
more like their spine

yerssot
*has evil plans*

BackFire
What if they cut down the whole tree and throw it in a wood chipper?

shellie
hmmm.............where did i put my chainsaw i wonder ???

ladygrim
then the whole family would be dead

ladygrim
and

BackFire
haha.

Dexx
pfft

ladygrim
smile

Tex
That begging b!tch! mad

ladygrim
i know if she'd a cursed me i do it back to her

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.