1st Division Football

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Don't know about anyone else but the 1st division (English) is hotting up to be the most interesting battle in ages. I've become really bored with the (usually) one horse race that is the Premiership. I'm betting Wolves go up automatically and West Brom in the play offs. Great news for the Midlands. big grin

finti
Wolves and City are going up, but I dont think WBA`s gonna make it. Burnley is a big outsider Palace is struggeling a little, but its gonna be close and cool. Espesially for you Brummie boyssince Birmingham aint totally out of it yet either. 3 teams in the struggle

mechmoggy
B'ham City's past performance in the play off is laughable. I'm a Villa fan myself but I work about 2 minutes from the WBA ground so I hope they go up. My mates a Wolves fan and he's been unbearable these past few months. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
Villa laughing out loud

mechmoggy
Easy, I know we've got nothing to shout about but we're not that bad!

We always play excellent up till Xmas and then go into freefall and finish mid-table. Thats the way things have been anyway, lets hope GT can change things.

finti
I know and I ry tlling my customers this but they still put their money on Villa victories after x-mas

mechmoggy
Its the same every year, we sometimes even go top and all the talk is, "Villa have got a really good chance", and then it happens.

Predictable yet still heart breaking. sad

mah
I think coventry will make it to the play-offs.

mechmoggy
I hope not, my bank manager is a Coventry fan and he'll be a pain in the arse. rolling on floor laughing

mah
don't you think he'll be a pain in the ass if they have to play one more year in nationwide?smile

mechmoggy
Nah, he tends to keep quiet unless they're doing really well. If they get to the play offs, thats all he'll talk about.

Last time we had a meeting, myself and the other partners wanted to discuss the serious matter of expanding which meant that we'd need an overdraft increase and all he could talk about was how well Coventry has played that Saturday. The mans an arse. roll eyes (sarcastic)

mah
laughing out loud I see...

mechmoggy
I'm pretty sure it's Wolves v B'ham City today.

I've finished working (?!) now so I'm off home to watch the scores coming in. Tatty bye. big grin

finti
2-2 a draw and I won on a 2,60 odds

mechmoggy
Weren't Wolves 2-0 up too!

Went to see Monsters Inc. with my mate yesterday and then we went to watch the West Brom v Fulham match on Sky. Damn shame that was.

finti
They were up 2-0 pretty early on, but it was 2-2 at half time.
Bye bye WBA cool

mechmoggy
When Wolves go up and if WBA make it in the play offs, which of them do you think would come straight back down?

finti
Both

mechmoggy
Really! I think Wolves have got the cash to stay mid-lower table. Man City have been up and down like a yo-yo over the past few years though.

finti
Wolves havent got what it takes to be a premiere club

Bad Boy
The best league in the world is of course the League of Wales.

mechmoggy
Yeah, right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
the Norwegian womens league is better than the welsh league

mechmoggy
laughing out loud

The players are certainly more butch!

Bad Boy
The League of Wales has an amazing standard of football.

finti
maybe amazing for you Welsh not for us others

mechmoggy
Wolves lost yesterday and Man City, B'ham and WBA all won. Its really hotting up now!

Mujaffa
don't know about you guys but i would rather stick to premier league wink

mechmoggy
It's getting a little dull now though don'tcha think? Man U win bloody everything these days, its sooo depressing. Well done to your lot last night though, thats the kind of "welcome back" present any manager would be happy with. big grin

mah
well it's a bit more exciting at the top of the table this season...and at the bottom...

Mujaffa
man utd will lose the league and the champions leauge..
they will lose against liverpool in the quarter finals or the semi finals

mechmoggy
Mmmmmmmmmm we'll see.

Mujaffa
it will happen ......... i have spoken cool

finti
well it all depends on the draw, Liverpool will face either Manu,
Real Madrid or Bayer Leverkusen in the quarter final. Pray they dont draw Real Madrid. About the league is gonna be a race between Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. Man U have some tough opponents left on away ground, Leeds and Chelsea, Arsenal at home. I really hope they loose all three of those matches.
As a Leeds fan I would love to see Man U miss out on the premiere league. Liverpool or Arsenal doesnt matter, well yes it does I really hope Liverpool get it before Arsenal big grin MAn U on third and Leeds with a mighty comeback reaches the 4 . place and the last CL place big grin big grin rolling on floor laughing As for this years CL championship I hope for the English teams, Man U or Liverpool, that would be a cool final too though

Mujaffa

mechmoggy
Man U have already beaten DLC, so I think they'll do it again. Your match is pretty tough but I think you'll beat em'.

finti
actually Man U got beaten in both their encounters. They lost 2-1 in Spain and 3-2 at Old Trafford after a couple of huge Bartez mistakes

mechmoggy
Bartez! laughing out loud I remember

What a clown.

finti
he better hide for Gundys on a clown hunt

mechmoggy
Eeeek!

He's not one of those frightening clowns though, just one of the slapstick loser ones.

finti
Yeah, he got that "I lost it" kind off look

mechmoggy
I'm suprised Sir Alex didn't sack him after that performance. He was utter shat.

finti
He has the top spot for goalie blunders in the PL this year.... by far

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.