Billy Talent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo Baggins
Have you ever heard of the band, they make this one song called "Lies" that I can never get out of my head and they made a cd and i could never find it, what do you know about it?

PrefectRonnykin
dont they sing try honesty

oooo thank you i had that song stucjk in my head and i didnt know who it wa by

Neo Baggins
i dunno

Neo Baggins
"Lies Make it better
Lies are forever
Lies make it better
Lies they are forever...."

Samurai Guy
I love Billy Talent. They are so.... Talented. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No, really. They are great. I cannot believe this thread only had a few hits on it.

ElectricBugaloo
they're pretty good, i liked Try Honesty, haven't heard any of thier other stuff. Nothing really special, but fun to just waste time listening to

Samurai Guy
Get "The River Below" or "The Ex."

Their other two singles. The entire CD is really good.

Smooth
lo all!:smoking:

Soundgarden actually rocks at their own way, Seattle has shown a lot of good bands (that were mentioned before) such as mudhoney , nirvana , jesus lizard , tad, pearl jam , the great alice in chains, but i think soundgarden with it's roots of trash , have revolutionised the alt rock even without them knowing (or even the rest of the music world) that they were doing it, without ever having a lot of bands copying their style and sonority, cos it isn't easy to find such good musicians in 1 band only. if u check out the first albums, cornell's voice is very different from the latest ones, for the other hand Cameron & Thayil had their superb way of playing, and sonority chosen from the beginning (just my opinion of soundgarden thru the years smile ).
I think this band had 3 latest albums, that were just far better that the first ones, much more mature. they always were faster rockers than Pearl jam, more complex than Nirvana, more melodic than mudhoney, and at last more "happy" than AIC (Staley drugs problems got AIC a very nice , but depressive band), sry to compare this all great bands, but i just wanted to say they were probably the band that approached Grunge(term that i usually don't use) in a completely different way than the rest , the lyrics and the complex guitar riffs, and matt Cameron's ultra-complex rhythms talk out for themselves(of course this is an opinion , and i respect all other )
now just some fast lines bout audioslave, ratm were one thing , and soungarden another, but audioslave is pretty much a obvious fusion without big surprises, but i guess it worked well to bring chris from his good calm songs( it's not yet the time to smooth the beast laughing ) , so i guess that chris had a lot of courage to be part of a band that had nothing to do with his former 1, and sing as well he always did before and actually i think it turned way better than i expected when i knew about the existence of audioslave.
"so don't lock up something that u wanted 2 c fly , hands r 4 shaking ...not tying"
cya all thnx 4 ur time, sry 4 my english(*good there's a spell checker lol), it's good to know that soundgarden is still talked about l

Ronny
thumb down billy talent is gross

bIlLy_TaLeNt94
You're an ass face! Billy Talent is a great Canadian band and you wouldn't know taste if someone shoved it up your ass!!!

MornGlory
never heard of them-- but i will look them up

Darth Revan
I've never heard this thing you call Billy Talent. But judging by the fact that you have a picture of the guitarist from Simple Plan dishonoring a telecaster with his filthy pop rocker hands in your sig, you're the one who wouldn't know taste if it were shoved up your ass.

bIlLy_TaLeNt94
Excuse me? You havent even heard them and second I bet the lead guitarist of Simple Plan could whoops ur ass on and off the guitar. He is so pro. You think that I dont know what talent is then maybe you should listen to Billy Talent because they rock hardcore. and what is with you cristizing all the bands we like. we aint doin it to you.......youo have problem....how old are you because if ur over 17 i think you got problems for fighting over bands with a 15 year old. Enough said.

Darth Revan
Oh, but he doesn't. He's part of the reason why Simple Plan sucks. All he does is play power chords, which anybody can do. I could do that even before I really started playing. smile

Wait--I just went and listened to some Billy Talent. It didn't rock hardcore. It was more tolerable than Simple Plan, but that isn't saying much.

"We?" Who is "we?" I'm not dissing bands because "you guys" like them, I'm dissing bands because I don't like them. Go ahead and diss a band I like, see if I care...

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
He only plays power chords my ass! If you ever watched (which I doubt you would take the time out of your busy schedule of insulting people to do...) you would see that Jeff comes up with most of the guitar tones in the songs and that he does a lot of picking. Jeff is super talented and I wish I could play the guitar half as good as he could.

Darth Revan
He damn well better come up with most of the guitar tones in the songs. I would think that would be obvious. He IS the guitarist, after all...

Compared to somebody like Tom Morello or Adam Jones, he is limitless in his possession of shittiness. There are many, many people who can play as well as he can and haven't achieved half as much success.

Oh, and in your haste you forgot to mention whatever it was I was supposed to watch to see his amazing work. When people tell me to watch stuff to see how great something or someone is, believe it or not, I do it... Unless it involves buying something, in which case I have no money.

SlipknoT
Hmm never heard of them but the look like the suck

Samas-adian
They're actually pretty good. I feel they get a bad rep because of how they are marketed. If they didnt sign with Atlantic Records, and signed with Epitaph, Fat Wreck, Fearless or any other major indie label they would be alot more likable.

Unlike some major pop bands, they have a huge underground scene. They also kickass beating out major bands like Nickleback, Good Charlotte and others at Edgefest (major day long festival similiar to Warped Tour).

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
They actually are a really good band. They don't sound like Simple Plan musicwise (I should know...lol) You might think different, but I guess you'd just have to listen to it to find out. Darth Revan, there is a Simple Plan thread to say crap about Simple Plan in, don't bring it in here. They make threads for a reason.

JimMorrison227
They are ok......They suck really bad live though.

Samas-adian
Simple Plan sucks, they dont even compare to Billy Talent.

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
You know what, I'm not even going to argue because it's no use. You think they suck and that's that. I can't change your mind and it's your decision not to like them. At least you like Billy Talent...something good came out of it!

Reckoning
More like Billy no-Talent.

SiMpLePlAnLvR82
Ooo...that was fresh. Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.