Book 6 Excerpt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

zombieman
Sorry if there has already been a thread on this, I've been away for a while, but what do you all make of the passage from book 6 that JK has revealed on her website:

: He looked rather like an old lion. There were streaks of grey in his mane of tawny hair and his bushy eyebrows; he had keen yellowish eyes behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles and a certain rangy, loping grace even though he walked with a slight limp.

I think that firstly, this is likely to be a discription of the Half Blood Prince which would mean that it's not Hagrid or Lupin. Secondly, I think this is a description of Godric Griffindor. The fact he is described as an "old lion" suggests this, lions traditionally being couragous and courage being the main trait of a Griffindor has convinced me.

Maybe there will be a big twist in book 6 and it will be revealed thatodric Griffindor isn't dead, maybe he is an animagus and has taken the form of Fawkes the pheonix?

angelsflame265
I still stand by what i said before

I think its a new character, because we already know what Hagrid and Lupin look like, and there backrounds and such, and nether of them have yellowish eyes lol

Its a new character, most likely half-blood prince and/or the new DADA teacher

zombieman
Would you at least accept that there is a slight possibility of it being Godric Griffindor?

angelsflame265
yea. . . wow didn't think of that, wow i feel dumb. and you said that in your post didn't you.

But it would have to be a picture or something, or in the graveyard and the fonders had a spell that made them not decompose or something

zombieman
Nah can't be a picture, as it says in the passage the character in question "walked with a limp" so they are obviously alive.

Does it actually say in any of the books that Godric is dead? I mean how long do wizards live? Godric being one of the most powerful of all may live even longer, I know this is all very far fetched.

angelsflame265
but the pictures do move, like that crazy knight, he ran around

zombieman
Yeah thats true, however, ive been giving the matter some thought over the last hour and I've decided that I think the person described in that passage is a new character, the heir of Griffindor and also the halfblood prince.

Iceman22
Why would Godric Gryffindor be called the HalfBlood Prince?
I don't know why, but since the announcement of the title of Book 6, I always seem to end with the taught of Elves. big grin
Crazy idea maybe, but I think that the Half Blood Prince is a Elf and Wizard, not accepted by the other Elves and therefore mocked by the name of Half-Blood, in the same category as Mud-Blood.
Hey you, stop looking at me that way, I'm not crazy! What the f**k?

ArrghPirateGirl
blink *looks at Ice in dat way big grin*

~Air Angel~
I think that is the description of the new DADA teacher. I don't think she'll reveal anything on the HBP. But the description reminds me of the way she always describes the new DADA teacher. It almost fits moody's description. But I dunno if he'll be the DADA again?

My husband thought of this first and I totally agree with him. big grin

zombieman
Maybe the new dark arts teacher is the halfblood prince?

ladygrim
myb

Unicor777
The descriptionrefers to DD

angelsflame265
how so, do you think?

weegie
i like the idea of this character being godric, but i'm not sure if it is. Fawkes being an animagus is also a very good idea, but i agree it is a bit far fetched. Posibly new dada teacher, although i think it shouldn't be another new character. I think its probably the hbp, but i dont want the hbp to be a new character either.
Actually, maybe its a relative of harrys, i mean all potters have the messy hair and glasses.
But then again i think of krum, you know, bushy eyebrows and the limp.

~Air Angel~
it could just be moody...it reminds me of moody...he walks with a limp...

are any characters referred to as lions...or resembling them.... ie: draco/dragon....

Darth Sauron
Maybe dumbledore dies his hair or something wink

Or i could just be lion

bu bum chhh

~Air Angel~
laughing out loud

ArrghPirateGirl
LMFAO laughing

hhhhr
could the halfblood prince be ddore?

~Air Angel~
I dunno why it would though....

pixie1
no i dont think it d/dore is the hbp i think it is a new character

shanie623
Ummmmmm....... I have a feeling that the new DADA professor is Dumbledore's brother Aberforth, also would be the half-blood prince. (just my speculation)

oceanflame
i think the person described might be luna's dad

mrs.seanastin14
I think the person in the excerpt is Godric and that he was Fawkes for all these years and that the HBP is Hagrid. Please respond.

ladygrim
i dont think the hbp s hagrid he is a major character already as is d.dore... and many of the others people are selecting .... the hbp is more than likely going to be someone how has a small role in harry potter books already or we are introduce to a new character.....

mrs.seanastin14
well, i have no imagination so give me a break! plus i jus want the hbp to be a big character but thats jus me.

Merry Lover
Erm, when was this excerpt revealed!?! I can't believe I missed it! Or wasn't it behind the closed door?

I also think that the description is the new DADA teacher. I don't think it's anyone we know yet, though.

angelsflame265
she wasn't trying to be mean sean

angelsflame265
yep it was behind the door

you-know-who
maybe the half blood prince is seamus finnigan... like in the first movie he says i'm half and half me dads a muggle moms a witch....
and i think that the description is describing mad eye...

ladygrim
hmm mayb but i think it would be nice to be introduce to new people ... sticky with the old characters could get boring

mrs.seanastin14
i dont think so, but thats just me. i think it would be kool if it was one of the unexpected characters from one of the previous books, dont u think? i mean, someone with a big part, u no? but like i said, thats just me.

emzy
I like the theory of it being Godric Griffindor, but i doubt it unless he is in a painting. I don't think Fawkes is an animagi coz of when he is reborn from his ashes (burning day). I'm not sure but i don't think an animagi could do this, can't they just resemble a creature? or do you think they would be able to get reborn like fawkes? (sorry if this doesn't make sense!)

mrs.seanastin14
he could, tho. u never no. but i think i may have changed my opinion a little bit. i think the description may be of the new DADA teacher. i am, however, clueless now as to who the HBP might be. its probably gonna be a new character

daddy'sgurl
Well, after reading all these, I'm suprised that no one thinks it could be Harry or Voldy. Because Harry's mom was a witch, but she was muggle born, so Harry is half blood, and Voldy said his mother was a witch, and his dad a muggle, so I think it is one of them.

As for the description I think it is the new DADA teacher, she isn't going to say much, if anything, on the HBP. Just think about it.

pixie1
J/K already said that it isnt harry or voldy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.