What is more important in a relationship?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jury
Love? Trust? or Respect?

Fire
They are all equaly important

powerfulone1987
Since there is no such thing as love, and you can't really trust anybody, I'd have to say Respect definitely. We really need a lot more Respect in the world.

Fire
lol you don't believe in Love?

powerfulone1987
Nope. What's so funny?

Jury
Yes. They can all have equal importance. But why there are relationships that didn't work out? Even you mean to Love, Trust and Respect your partner. There must be one which has greater importance than the two.

Fire
no I doubt it jury, they are all equaly important to me. But IMO respect and trust are two prerequesits for love, without those two things there aint a base for love. and love also nurtures trust and respect.

powerful I don't see why anyone would not believe in love, care to tell me why you don't believe in love?

shaber
I think they cover the same ground... or at any rate, love encompasses the other two confused

WindDancer
What is more important? Try communication with your partner. Talking and disussing are very important.

BackFire
They are all hugely important. In fact, if you are missing any one of those things, a relationship won't work.

Manôkhâu
The above are all equally important....
One question though:
Why isn't Sex up there? confused

Fiery Eyes
I thk they are all equally important. Cuz you can Love your partner but if he/she keeps breaking that trust over and over, then that will change your feeling for that person in time, same as w/respect.

m!$hA
i dont know if i can pick from the above because many things are important in a relatonship.
i mean all of them are equally important....and theres also a lot of other stuff which is important erm

shellie
i couldnt vote in this poll .

each one is just as important as the other . like a house of cards , if you remove one then the rest will fall .

m!$hA
well put darls wink

i think communication is also important yes

Papaumau
All of the above...BUT...Trust is the most important !

If my mistress did not trust me not to tell the wife or my other girlfriend about our relationship it would not last very long ! love

m!$hA
but what if she never talked to you?

or if she didnt respect you?? confused

Papaumau
Who....The wife ?

m!$hA
i meant her, yes...but really, anyone!?

Jury
Let it be known that I believe that these three are all important in a relationship. I am not condemning one of them. I just want to know how others feel about those three stated in the choices. See, others have still pointed out one of them has more importance than the other two.

Papaumau
I think that respect is a fleeting quality that comes and goes with the intensity of the relationship.

Anything that is passionate will have clashes and fallouts where people hate and disrespect one minute and love and cherish the next.

That's how love works.

Ask my wife, or my mistress, or my girlfriend for that matter as they all love me equally even if they often don't respect me very much. smokin'

m!$hA
you have....a wife...and a mistres....and a girlfriend? shock

shellie
laughing

Papaumau
Yeah babes.....I hope that they never meet each other or I'm dead ! roll eyes (sarcastic)

m!$hA
oooh, your kidding hey!?

Papaumau
Nope...I ain't....I am bumming, ( translation for our American friends )....boasting !

One woman was never enough for me. Too much love in me I guess ! kisses

m!$hA
confused

please dont confuse me!
i hate looking like a dumb blonde!

shellie
share the love Paps wink

m!$hA
i can see there is a LOT of trust in your relationship, doll! cool

Papaumau
Yeah... they trust me to always love them when they want me to and I do....most of the time ! angel

m!$hA
i beleive this is more appropriate:
angel_not

Papaumau
I do, I do,....believe me I DO !

I am knackered because of all that lovin ! stretcher

yerssot
stamina, old man stick out tongue

m!$hA
laughing out loud

Papaumau
angel_not

Linkalicious
Totally agree. I don't think you can love someone, unless you have the other two...

Loving someone requires respect and trust...

Evy_O
love
respect
trust

in that order yes

powerfulone1987
I personally rather not answer that question, just too much for me to go into. But I believe that because of what i have experienced, that not everybody does, that love does not exist, it's just merely a strong attraction, love is just a title people put on a strong attraction they feel for someone else, when it's the same kind of attraction two 14 year olds can have together, the difference is that people get married and use love as an excuse, when it's just a another attraction. That's why there are so many divorces. There have also been experiments showing that humans are just like many other animals. Animals don't usually find a mate and stay with them forever and we as humans weren't meant for that either, even though we do. It has been proven that 2 humans are attractive to each other for about 7 years, which is enough time to have offspring and then the attraction is over or isn't as strong as it was.

Papaumau
All kidding aside....

There are two kinds of love:

1). The short and breathless and passionate and terribly intense type.

2). The warm and comfortable and everlasting type.

The second can be the first but the first can NEVER be the second !

The ultimate love is a combination of the two !

If you have THAT kind of love the other points are meaningless !

Evy_O
how can you say that; when two people care for each other and come to have feelings, then it's more than attraction, and it's undeniable cause people do feel it messed

physical attraction is over yes, and couple isn't as passionate as it used to be when they first met, but that doesn't take love away (if there ever was in the first place)

and the reason for the many divorces has more to do with the way society is today, rather than with the non-existance of love
besides, no-one says love lasts for ever; but at least it is there initially

Darth Revan
Well... physical attraction wears off over time, obviously. I was reading some newspaper advice column one time out of incredible boredom. Basically what it said was that you just have to find somebody who isn't going to piss you off and will make you happy every day, regardless of how attractive they are to you!

Maverick2364
I also believe all those aspects are important in a relationship. I said trust because you have the believe in your significant other as they would believe in you. You have to be open in a relationship, and that is not possible without trust.

ClaraG
i think they are all equally important.

Jury
They are all important, yes. But maybe in some other way, one of them is more important than the other two.

Shadow_King
i would like to say tust.

Evy_O
true that on pissing off and making happy, but imho, you just can't be with someone if you aren't physically attracted with them. Even if it wears off.

if not, then one or both with eventually cheat on each other

Capt_Fantastic
I think one is dependent on the other. One can't really occur with out the others.

botankus
I think the most important thing is 2 days apart per week. Give me two days a week where you leave me alone and I'll do anything you want the other five. That's what me and my girlfriend do now and it works out great.

sargoth7
i don't know what it is that you've experienced that can't be shared with everyone else, but whatever it is, apparently it is because of this that you've decided that "love" doesn't exist. but since there is really no absolute meaning for the word, what exactly would you define love as?

sargoth7
if you say love is a strong attraction, and that only, then i'm assuming you don't believe in the Savior or the master plan. i'm not sure if you've said that or not. But if there is no salvation, then what are we all doing here? i guess what i'm getting at is, what is our purpose for existence?

SaTsuJiN
When you trust someone, that means you love and respect them.

Evy_O
does not! it means you think they are trustworthy

Primitive Screwhead
Ladies and gentlemen, more evidence of the type of thought that is contributing to the 1 out of 2 marriages ending in divorce. Lord, powerfulone... you must have been screwed over way too many times in relationships to be this cynical. Remind me to shield my kids from any of your offspring, should you remain with someone long enough to have any.

SaTsuJiN
I would hate to be trusted by you then.

Mr.Snuggles
love, trust, respect.... i'd say their all good qualities.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.