X-ing out a X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

powerfulone1987
If you could take one X-Men out of the picture, where they were never created and didn't exist, who would it be?

Jury
Hmmm... Wolverine? ... embarrasment big grin roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's not dat I didn't like dat furry claw-man ... his story was "worst"! erm ... and BORING!!! messed

powerfulone1987
I think I'd get rid of Toad. He's just so unapealling. I know I wouldn't want his powers. He's just a gross, nasty, disgusting mutant. And that's that's.

Vampy
This reminds me much of the haterz thread... but let's let this live big grin

Jury
yes

powerfulone1987
Sorry, I never saw that thread. Thanks for letting it live though. embarrasment

Jury
I'll rather "X" Sabretooth ... his creator got a mistake on him... he supposed to have large fangs as sabretooth tigers have. erm His codename is obviously nonsense.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah but without him who would Wolverine's archenemy be?
Toad laughing out loud

Jury
That's why I said earlier... I wanted Logan be "X"ed too. smile

TheFilmProphet
Oh. sad

But Wolverine is the most famous X-Man of all the X-Men if he were 'X'ed out then who knows where the team would be today and Marvel for that matter.

Jury
schmoll he's not MARVEL's everything! It is so happened that there were writers out there who were soooo madly WOLVIE fanatics.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah but he is to the X-Men.

kohl
shadowcat. just let cypher have her powers. :>

Darth Jello
Storm has always seemed pretty useless to me.

TheFilmProphet
You are all wrong!!! Its Jubilee !! eek!

Mana4X2
I would X that Apocalypse guy. As well as Sinister. I don't like either of them two baddies.

Mana

TheFilmProphet
Are you kidding Apocalypse and Sinister are two of the greatest X-Villains besides Magneto.

Like I said before its Jubilee!! Can anyone honestly tell me how in any way she is useful?

Paola
yeah... thanx!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

kohl
don't know about useful, but her powers are kind of redundant.

TheFilmProphet
The X-Men always end up having to save her or protect her. wink
She might as well as be human

kohl
hm, but she's done some saving along the way as well. truth be told, i'd rather boom-boom got the axe before jubilee.

Samurai Guy
To answer the question... Wolverine. Too much play. If he is not X'ed, then adleast CUT DOWN.

Nice to know you have backup, isnt it Paola?

Jury
Jubilee portrayed a very sensible role in X-Men. She's just the one who represents a thought that not all powerful are all powerful... Limitations exist even to the extent of their so called universe.

TheFilmProphet
I really don't care what she stands for because in the end what you need is profitable characters and Jubilee is not a profitable character.

Jury
Not profitable? I thought she got her own series? confused

Abbita
CROSS OUT XAVIER!! al he does is sit in his chair and send young children and adults to fight to their deaths all the time, the dude has a problem....... no expression

TheFilmProphet
Maybe he sends them instead because........ (thinking) HE IS PARALYSED!!!.

Jury
TFP, why did you say Jubilee is not profitable?

Abbita
he is sick and twisted putting kids into life or death fights no expression why don't he just stop them with his mind eh? then everyone would be alive!! eek!

(btw, im joking wink )

Jury
Bad, Abby!!! laughing out loud

TheFilmProphet
Because you guys were talking about X-ing out Wolverine instead of Jubilee but Wolverine is a vey successful profitable character. But Jubilee will never be anything more than a sidekick nothing more. wink Not the type you can count on everytime to make alot of money.

Jury
She's still profitable. big grin

TheFilmProphet
Barely wink

Abbita
innocent

Jury
roll eyes (sarcastic) Now.. topic. laughing out loud

Abbita
cross out blinky boy cuz he sucks yes

Shadow_King
i would "X" out Pyro or Gambit.

Jury
laughing out loud you can't SK

Shadow_King
why not?????

Jury
so why would you "X" 'em out?

Shadow_King
cause they are so popular and everyone always talk about them its so irratating. they wont stop talking about them.

Jury
laughing out loud Pyro is less popular dan Remy, i think. Toad is more popular dan de fireman. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shadow_King
ok if you say so i would like to "X" out Gambit,Pyro,Toad

Jury
Ok

Shadow_King
"X"ing out Gambit,Pyro,Toad,Psylocke,Jubilee,Emma Frost

Jury
laughing out loud care t'xplain one by one, kiddo? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shadow_King
well they are all so popular i "X" the popular characters.

Jury
erm is dat it? messed

Shadow_King
well yea i know its stupid but hey with out the popular characters the underrated characters could get glory also. and get important roles in x-men.

Jury
Ok... if you say so.

Shadow_King
i know my opinions never make sense.

powerfulone1987
You're getting a little "X" happy Shadow King. You're just suppose to pick one to X out.

Shadow_King
oh ok than i would pick Gambit easily.

Jury
laughing out loud

Shadow_King
whats so funny???

Jury
Nothin', SK. Juz don mind it, ok? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shadow_King
i hate when you do that.

Jury
whistling

powerfulone1987
laughing

Jury
I'd like to "X" out Wolverine though... And I like it that his series has finally come to "END" eek!

powerfulone1987
I never was a big fan of Wolverine myself, and I don't like the fact that the X-Men movies are so focused on him. I am glad the next one is about another character, the Phoenix, should be interesting, and better than the other 2 movies.

Jury
I remember once I asked de Marvel creators about when t'end up d' series for dat claw-freak 'coz I'd felt dat way... and finally, dey'll end him up... eek! so it's like dey'd listen t'me and appreciate my suggestion! laughing out loud

powerfulone1987
Hey, Jury, Did you ever fix my Sig. for me?

Jury
laughing out loud Juz workin' on it still. But we can't talk dat here. wink

Mana4X2
All right. If I had to X out any of the good guys it would have to be, mmmm, this is a hard one. It would definitely not be Jubilee! Maybe Beast or Emma Frost. Never been a fan of either of those two. Probably Emma more though.

Mana

Jury
Hmmm.... Emma, yeah right... What was her role entirely in X-Men? ... a prostitute? *don like de word b#tch* shifty

Paola
Emma's not a prostitute no
she's a cruel, intelligent, cold person

Disappear
jubilee, as jury said, represents a very important concept within the marvel universe, as a 'defenseless' person with meager powers and naivete to fill the oceans who is attempting to come to terms with herself as both a person and a 'superhero.' as such, she appeals to a certain target group that would otherwise feel largely unattached to the comic book culture, and is quite profitable.

emma plays a very important role within the series, especially growing in importance since Gen X, and would be a horrible choice. she is the antithesis of Jean, in all ways outside of power (which is certainly not coincedence,) and as such creates both a loving following, and a 'hating' following. both marketable and tactically useful, she's an asset despite the popular opinion.

i'd, personally, have magneto kill gambit. i lost interest in remy after belladonna disappeared, and i just feel like he's served his purpose. while it would create a large fan uproar, because he is 'so popular,' it would also gather interest in the remaining characters as a display that no character is permanent. and, as for magneto killing him, i bought into his relationship with rogue (in the AoA) much more readily than remy's in 616. also, magneto's ability to touch rogue without consequence seems much more natural, and less 'manufactured,' than remy's power application in that regard. but that's me.

Jury
confused Ok. Sorry about that for Emma... Anywayz, she's sexy. shifty

LISA-J
Wolverine all he ever does is fight or brood.Plus there is just too much of him in the comics,cartoons and movies,when he's around the writers tend to forget there is other characters that have better powers and personalities.

Shadow_King
Wolverine is a great character its just they keep on making movies about him that revolve around his past. why dont they just do a spin off movie called wolverine.

Flavio
i hate Emma since i saw that Generationx movie, but she's not that freak in comics, even so, i X her out (but i dunno if she's an X-menconfused )

Shadow_King
yea shes an x-men

BENITO
Cyclops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO REVIVE HIM!!!!!!!!!

pr1983
Originally posted by BENITO
Cyclops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO REVIVE HIM!!!!!!!!!

*cough* leader of the x-men *cough*

stick out tongue

comics: jubilee or logan

movie: pyro or cyclops...

Metalmanx
In response to earlier question, there is VERY HIGH speculation as to a Wolverine movie. So much to the point that there most likely WILL be one.

Just thought you should know ^^.

Metalmanx
And seriously. Jubilee isn't that bad. She's actually decently powerful. Apparently no one has read Gen X. She can shatter steel with her "fireworks". I dunno, that seems pretty decently powerful to me.

Now, who really should go is Maggot. What the hell. I love everything about X-men, but some characters...it's like Marvel was just spinning around in circles and throwing darts at a wall to figure out what new character would be next.

But that's just me.

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Storm has always seemed pretty useless to me.

OH.MY.GOD *gasp* and *faints*..she's one of the best x-men...and to answer the question.. Jubilee..

rouge24
i always thought toad was pretty useless

Metalmanx
I don't understand why you think that. She's actually pretty powerful and adds a lot to storylines. Can you shatter steel with your fireworks?

ayjay
i think the X-world would be better off if ....hmm....thats a hard one...everyone seems to pay a significant role....maybe character like the blob or wateva...he just pointless immo

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I don't understand why you think that. She's actually pretty powerful and adds a lot to storylines. Can you shatter steel with your fireworks?

yes actually..schmoll..

ayjay
wooow...thats kool...*runs off to buy fireworks*

Metalmanx
...Well then. I'd love to see that sometime, Fio.

=P

pr1983

firstly, jubilee is the single most irritating x-man i have ever seen... i dislike her even more than wolverine... i can't believe nobody has slapped her yet to shut her up...

secondly... i never liked her power... people say its meant to be fireworks it will always look like confetti (in tas) to me...

black robb
ANGEL!

Fionnuala
...Well then. I'd love to see that sometime, Fio.

=P

shifty

Metalmanx
Hehe.

Sabretooth
Waste Gambit. There, I said it. Never liked him, never will. Alright, I'm done. Flame away...

FieryBalrog
Jubilee

shattering steel < annoyingness thumb down

and fireworks is a lame power.

pr1983
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
Jubilee

shattering steel < annoyingness thumb down

and fireworks is a lame power.

yes

Going-Rouge
Um, I don't like Iceman, I just don't (I'm so excited that he leaves later on, he leaves, and Gambit comes, That is, if they keep it the way it was first planed out!)

Wickerman
WOW......can't believe so many people hate wolverine. Agreed that there HAS been an inflation of wolverine EVERYTHINGS, but he's a very important part of Marvel. I mean, come on, wipe out wolverine, you wipe out Weapon X. Wipe out Weapon X and there go a heck of a lot of mutants, not to mention adventures, not to mention Cable and the Underground, etc. etc. etc.

Also, i agree with what's been said about Jubilee also being an important factor in XMen. It's not always incredible powers. The idea is that she's a mutant indeed, fairly strong, but not strong enough to forget she's partly human (is that even proper wording? :P ).
If it were up to me, i'd kick out Rahne (wolfsbane) (is she even still alive? confused )

ps: i read somewhere that Jubilee has the power to detonate matter on a molecular scale....she doesn't know it yet though but if she did.... O_o

~wickerman~

niteshade
wow jubilee??? has eney one ever red the comic where she found her parents killer? well if not just to let you all know she is super strong in her powers she killed he parents killer with the so called fireworks her powers are more linked to her emotions if she ever got over being a scared little kid she would rivle even magneto. so as to who to x-out well.........McTagert i think is his last name his code name was banshee or how ever you spell it

pr1983
Originally posted by niteshade
wow jubilee??? has eney one ever red the comic where she found her parents killer? well if not just to let you all know she is super strong in her powers she killed he parents killer with the so called fireworks her powers are more linked to her emotions if she ever got over being a scared little kid she would rivle even magneto. so as to who to x-out well.........McTagert i think is his last name his code name was banshee or how ever you spell it

banshee? over jubilee? huh

LISA-J
I know jubilee has to be on the top of anyone's list on who should be x-ed,though banshee is kinda of crap.

FieryBalrog
I despise Jubilee

I would also X out Emma Frost. Shes such a tart.

Mainstream
a pop tart......yummy!

pr1983
Originally posted by LISA-J
I know jubilee has to be on the top of anyone's list on who should be x-ed,though banshee is kinda of crap.

banshee? crap? how?

Mainstream
I like his daughter myself...same powers..but she's easlier on the eyes.

munkiesarus
Lol, I disagree. Banshee was this old hunk of Irish lovin'!

Siryn...meh, I RPed her once.

pr1983
Originally posted by munkiesarus
Lol, I disagree. Banshee was this old hunk of Irish lovin'!

Siryn...meh, I RPed her once.

banshee is cool... and has a kick ass power too...

ayjay
didn't banshee get his throat slit by mystique?

pr1983
Originally posted by ayjay
didn't banshee get his throat slit by mystique?

a while back yeah...

gambitindaflesh
I want Emma GONE!!!! evil face evil, nasty.... RRRrrrrrRRrrrRRrRrr....

gambitindaflesh
laughing Pr, confetti!!! hilarious!

pr1983
Originally posted by gambitindaflesh
laughing Pr, confetti!!! hilarious!

huh oh, jubilee... embarrasment

gambitindaflesh
she doesn't bother me too much. but that Emma... urgh!!! devil

pr1983
Originally posted by gambitindaflesh
she doesn't bother me too much. but that Emma... urgh!!! devil

k, i dont like emma... but nobody is as annoying as jubilee... come on... stick out tongue

LISA-J
Have to agree,if I where on the x-men team i'd have to accidently on purpose get jubilee killed in a battle. evil face stick out tongue .As for banshee his powers are kinda stupid,but as a character I like his personality.

pr1983
Have to agree,if I where on the x-men team i'd have to accidently on purpose get jubilee killed in a battle. evil face stick out tongue .As for banshee his powers are kinda stupid,but as a character I like his personality.

his powers? im surious why you think they're stupid... they're extremely powerful...

LISA-J
It's the nature of them,I know their powerful,but I just could never take the whole shouting thing to defeat enemies seriously.But like I said I did like him as a character.

pr1983
It's the nature of them,I know their powerful,but I just could never take the whole shouting thing to defeat enemies seriously.But like I said I did like him as a character.

ok...

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Praylu
Yeah but he is to the X-Men.
I disagree. The writers have just learned to depend on him far too much, that's all. I would love X-men just as much without Wolverine.

Omega-level
Forge. Plot device to build things, and it's not like there are 300 native american (or Canadian) with mystical powers

Ex-Factor
Jean's daughter Rachel or Gambit.

Martian_mind
Proffessor X

crimsonphoenix
Banshee is already gone sad so whoever said they wanted to x out him got there wish!

JaydonPhoenix
I'd get rid of Beak, he's crap

rougeredmage
i cant believe that anyone has said this ..... and perhaps i would get shot down in flames by saying this.... but i would X out

Cable.

i prefered New mutants over X-force any day. and it would have got rid of the time traveling future timeline nonsence buisness

Shalimar_fox
As of this moment I would say get rid of Emma Frost

Arachnid1

If I had to? Multiple man.

peejayd
* James Howlett... smile

steverules
Professor Xavier

Ordained
i'd have to say prodigy. he lost his powers and realistically, he'd be useless in battle. unless he got them back (idk)

hugekent
He remembers everything he learnt before he lost his powers.

JaydonPhoenix
I'd love to get rid of Beak, he's useless

Ordained
that changes everything, doesn't it. now he's technically a younger version of rogue and stryker mixed together.

katie_girl09
Originally posted by Shalimar_fox
As of this moment I would say get rid of Emma Frost
I agree. She's no replacement for Jean and she's not as interesting as the writers seem to want us to believe.
Right now, I also kind a wish they'd get rid of Gambit. What IS he doing (I know this is weird coming from a huge Gambit fan, but...)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.