Top 3 Fears

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChickinMeat
What are your top 3 fears?

Mine are

1)Spiders/Scorpions, infact any giant bug
2)Supernatural Beings/Occurances
3)Drowning/Water

SlipknoT
Spiders and Centipeads are the only ones I can think of right now

ChickinMeat
ya centipedes are nasty. they are most probably harmless, but they scare me no end!

Darth Revan
1. closed spaces/suffocation
2. Deep water for some reason... I like swimming and kayaking and such but for some reason it creeps me out to be swimming or boating in a really deep lake or body of water...
3. Strange diseases no expression

SlipknoT
There is this one centipead on the Golden Islands that is supposed to be the most painful insect bit, next to the bullet ant.

Moo Cow
1) being burried alive, being underground like in a cave or something alone. Or being left alone in the middle of no where with out a way to get in touch with any one.
2) The Supernatural.
3) Rabid Dogs.

§nakehead
Spiders

heights

maggots

ChickinMeat
i dont know why these critters have to be so nasty, why cant they hug you instead. also ive never heard of the bullet ant, ever

Papaumau
Phobias....

They are great things to talk about but not great things too have.

Fears are bad a enough but phobias a much worse.

I don't think - or more correctly DIDN'T think - that I had any phobias at all as I had conquered all of my fears.

( Fears can be fought and beaten but phobias are another thing altogether ! ).

While I was working at my trade ( and before I went into the civil service ), I was often asked to go into small places to work, ( under floors and into small workspaces etc' ), and I didn't think that I had any claustrophobia, ( the worst phobia of them all ! ).

I didn't think that I had this phobia until I had to go for an MRI scan.

This machine...which hums & clicks... is wrapped around a long narrow tunnel that has a narrow bench on it for passing the patient into.

I lay down and they strapped me in, ( well at least my head ), so that I would not - could not - move it. I was then passed down the length of this two-foot wide tube and into the bowels of the machine.

( Incidentally, the nurse/technician gave me a bulb to hold before I went in.....suspicious that ! ).

Anyway.... I went into the bowels of the machine and immediately began to feel uncomfortable. I tried to fight the feeling off but couldn't. I went into a cold-sweat panic and pressed the bulb. There was about a second and a half delay before they got me out but by that time I was in terror and soaking in sweat.

THAT....my dearies...is phobia...NOT fear !

*SHUDDER* eek!

Moo Cow
i had to have a mri on my head big grin, but it was a open mri, so not as bad as a normal one that looks like a drainage tube! those are freaky looking yes

shellie
#1 fear is deep water (any water over chest level) *shutters*

#2 big bugs (water bugs especially)

#3 suffication

HockeyHorror
i fear nothing shock

stick out tongue

Moo Cow
i think i have Taphephobia! eek!

"Taphephobia / Taphophobia refers to an abnormal and persistent fear of being buried alive or of cemeteries."

Papaumau
I think that that was a CT scan or a PET scan as these scanners are only like large do-nuts that are about a foot deep. ( You can put a whole person into an MRI machine ).

Incidentally... I was getting my head looked too, ( many people had told me to do this in the past roll eyes (sarcastic) ), and after I had had the bad reaction to the MRI scan they told me that I could tolerate the CT scan. I did and incidentally my head was as-sound-as-a-pound ! big grin

BackFire
Spiders

Drowning

Being in very closed, small places.

Moo Cow
no, i went through an open mri smile

http://www.southeastiowaopenmri.com/Images/OPART1.jpg
^ it look like that

there was nothing wrong with my head either eek! i had these chronic headaches and we found it was because i was allergic to something in my classroom stick out tongue

Papaumau
Sorry Moo Cow....It is obvious that you have better technology where you are than we have in darkest Scotland.

Of course you are right as there IS such a thing as an open MRI.

Thanks for informing me of that as MRI scans are much better than CT scans I believe.

I will remember your advice if ever I need to have my head looked again. laughing

Just to show that I am as clever as you are here is another open MRI scanner and some pictures of inside my head: roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://static.photobox.co.uk/public/images/43/51/11594351.s.jpg

Silver Stardust
1: Heights. I am absolutely terrified of heights, and do not like being more than three feet above ground.
2: Needles. I've got no idea why, but I have a totally irrational (and horrible) fear of needles.
3: Small enclosed spaces. Yes, I'm claustrophobic.

Moo Cow
shock is that really your head? eek!

Papaumau
Yo SS........

( Wow...just noticed that your initials stand for Der Sturm Staffel )......

Anyway... those three fears ARE phobias and I am sure they are really and truly terrifying to you !

They say that you can be de-sensitised to phobias by deliberately facing them under controlled conditions...but I am not so sure.

Papaumau
Why Moo Cow....what do YOU think it is ?

Tptmanno1
I dunno about my fears.
I don' like sstuff but im not irrationaly afraid of it.
Like I don't like going in my backyard afte 10 or so, because I don't wanna step on crickets or spiders, but its not so bad that I son't ever do it.
Or like when I'm rock climbing, i don't like to go upsided-down on the celing because I don't like to fall, but it doesn't stop me.

Moo Cow
someone elses head confused

Ryan10000000000
CLOWNS

Ryan10000000000
AND DUMMIES

Papaumau
You're not nice Ryan !

Anyway...Moo Cow...

You don't think that I would lie to YOU do you ?

moonwalker741
ummmm

the amish
sour cream and onion chips
and blue highlighters

ChickinMeat
blue highlighters are deadly, one killed my mother

moonwalker741
im so sorry sad

Jedi Priestess
Dark water...like a lake at night......

MRI=the reason man made valium eek!

ChickinMeat
please, dont be, she died with dignity!

lil bitchiness
Insects

Pain

Deep water and hights.

WindDancer
This T-shirt logo is very popular in my neck of the woods. Which btw- it makes a great statement:

http://www.clgraphics.net/no%20fear/images/no%20fear.jpg

Linkalicious
Loving and losing....

Spiders

Seafood. big grin

§pearhead
heights
water
excruciating pain

Papaumau
JP & Lil bitchiness said.....

Dark water, like in a lake.....

When I see "dark water" I am looking at a "bottomless" Scottish Loch like Loch Ness or Loch Morar...OR....a dark and dank quarry filled with water. NOT pleasant !

But....that was why I learned to swim like a fish !

Linkalicious
pirate The Pirates of Dark Water! pirate2

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/8827/pirates2.jpg

Moo Cow
no2

MildPossession
1/ Going blind
2/ Trapped in deep water
3/ Presentations/Speeches in front of large crowds

Moo Cow
now that is something scary fear pirate

Linkalicious
the pink and red flying monkey guy!!!! eek!

I've found my true calling....the monkey will be on my next sig. yes

Moo Cow
wooooooooooww...i cant wait to see it ! eek! happy

Cowboyography
to be in a cave. Spelunker style and to get wedged in the rocks upside down a mile into a cave and not being able to free yourself. Imagine the fear!!!

Also Spiders, I really hate them buggers

Linkalicious
burried alive, like in Kill Bill Volume 2.

I'd beg for a bullet to the brain before that...

wuteva
Worms, maggots, snakes (or anything that crawls) make me sick, i dunno why;
Needels, nails, scissors.

Moo Cow
nazzy agrees yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.