LOTR:FotR game from EA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
well how do you like the idea of an '3D action-adventure' game from EA, where you take control of Aragorn and go around slashing and jumping? I can only say I am EXTREMELY dissapointed by someone making LOTR into a 3D action game.

Ushgarak
Is ir a console game? They were planning a Lord of the Rings MMORPG for a long time but it ran into difficulties.

Brith
I can imagine having killed every last Orc in the Mines of Moria and then spending hours running around jumping onto all the ledges and randomly attacking bits of wall as I hunt for the one secret area I hadn't found.

LadyEowyn
ill have to say i agree with mah. it kind of makes the whole 'ring quest' much less serious then it really is.

mah
from what I've heard it'll come out on PC as well as PS2 and maybe gamecube and x-box.

how would that online LOTR rpg be if it was made? it sounds strange to me. what I was hoping for was a top-down view RPG. that would have the possibility of being great.

Mujaffa
something like Zelda or phantom menace like...

Fitch
they already made this story eXtremely comercial (with this movies publicity) but a game!!.I saw a trailer of this game when Aragorn killed almost all of the orcs in Moria alone.It looked very stupid.

Dexx
!!?!?...!....c'mon. I can bearly wait for the game. U make u'r own story. If u don't want to...u don't look for the secret areas ( if there are any). A game is a nice improovement. I admit..it is a little comercial. But we can allways restrain to the books.
The movies are not that comercial though

Fitch
I hope you will enjoy it

Dexx
i sure will

mah
I wont. but one game I'm looking very much forward to is the LOTR game for GameBoyAdvance. it's a traditional top-down RPG where you control all 9 members of the fellowship. I'm positive that will work much better than an action-adventure game.

Dexx
i'll take my chances wth the action adventure wink big grin

Palanfirith
U're choice ....

Dexx
Xactly

Mujaffa
i've seen the hobitt and LOTR ... it's like a kick ass game

Mujaffa
looks kinda crappy

Ushgarak
The original LOTR MMORPG was going to be like Star Wars Galaxies, but with Lord of the Rings instead. Though as my brother pointed out, people would have had to sign up for it pretty damn fast because there are only nine places for Nazguls... I'm sure there would be plenty of room for Hobbits, though...

A top down game like you want, Mah, has already existed for quite some time.

mah
wasn't that pretty bad though?

Ushgarak
Err... dunno about that... it IS old, though.

FINGOLFIN
The X-box version of the game is due out in December. I have read some reviews and seen some screen shots. I really liked the look of it, and the reviews are raves, and I am going to buy an X-box just to play that game!!!!

mah
there can't have been reviews, as the game is not finished.
previews is perhaps what you mean. and I would not buy an x-box for that game, it comes out on other systems and it doesnt look like anything special

FINGOLFIN
I have the reviews in a games review magazine right here. It is probably the BETA version, but they gamers did review it and loved it. I am still going to buy the X-box just to play. big grin

mah
your loss

Smodden
the game was awesome and so is the new one. imho

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.