Will there be a box set for the prequels?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mortanius
I was wondering. After ROTS, will they package up all of the prequels for a deluxe box set like the OT? Or will there be a complete box set with all six movies in it? For either case, will more footage, deleted scenes, and extras be included?

Darth Cain
Too early to say, but I'd bet on something like that a little further down the road. Its done with other franchises.....

OB1-adobe
Dude, its Star Wars. That franchise is the king of releasing box sets.

guiro72
said this before, so sorry for the people who've read it already....there were incredibly solid rumours of something called the "archival editions", they were meant to come out in late 2005/2006 after ep III....this was supposed to be the first release of the original trilogy to dvd, and remember george was saying for a long time that he wouldn't release them until after ep III......well, supposedly what he was referring to was the archival editions....

now i can't remember if i heard anything concrete on whether it was just the original trilogy or all 6 films included in the box, but i've also heard that a version of ep I with a digital yoda is in the can as well.....i always thought a six film set was the most likely answer.....

this new box appears to have been a last minute thing, and last i heard the archival editions will go ahead as planned some time in the future (i considered holding off on buying this new box for that reason - but it was all too confusing).....

again, apologies to those who've already read this speil in other posts....

darktim1
cool it would be great if they put a box set out and maybe show something us fans have never seen before.

guiro72
yeah, except by then i'll have about 7 copies of each film, and have gotten to the point where i'm paying $90 for a one hour documentary compiled of things i already saw when i was 8.....

not to be negative or anything....

Mortanius
So somewhere down the line, there's gonna be a version of Star Wars that will have EVERYTHING.

robakin
i had heard they were gonna release a boxset with all 6 on after Ep 3, not sure whats on it.

smoker4
Yeap he will milk us for everything, guiro! i heard that too about the digi yoda done for PT!! smokin'

guiro72
yyeah, nott even just the money, but having seventeen copies of the same thing cluttering up the place bugs me.....

but for those who say lucas is a rip off merchant, i have noticed that peter jackson is worse (and people don't say it about him nearly as much).....i can't be bothered to go into detail, but just look at how many versions of each film have been released, over what time period, and the gap of time between, and the price.....you'll find it's true i think.....

Mortanius
I'm gonna have I, II, The Clone Wars Cartoons, III, IV, V, & VI sorted in that order on my bookshelf when they come out.

guiro72
yeah, but what do you do with double copies?......

Mortanius
Ever heard of Half Price Books?

smoker4
Er yes???

cornponious
So, what does "Archival Edition" mean? If I had to define that, I would say that it means "original footage" edition. Of course, Lucas makes his own rules and definitions.

That's what I would HOPE it would be.

corn

Mortanius
Archival Edition? Does that mean that each movie will be on a format that will last longer that DVD for archival purposes. Maybe I want my great-great-great grandchildren to watch all six movies. Or buy an extra archival edition and dig a hole in my backyard as a time capsule for future generations...

guiro72
actually mortanius, one of the rumours is that the archival eds will come out on the post dvd format.....

corn, no, they will have even more stupid stuff in than this time....once ep III comes out they'll probably go back and insert shots of alderaan, jimmy smits, yoda farting etc etc....

i just hope they do something about that stupid musical number in rotj one of these days....

or maybe by then i'll have wised up enough to just not keep buying them....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.