Review : Menace II Society

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai Guy

botankus
This is my 2nd favorite film of all time, and will probably remain in that spot until I die.

I just remember watching it for the first time; I was completely blown away (no pun intended).

Caine is persuaded by O-Dawg to "find the ****'s who smoked your cousin" when they avenge Harold's murder. IMO that is when Caine almost reaches the point of no return. I feel he's past the point of no return around the time he jacks that guy in the Drive-thru line and also when he refuses to be a part of the girl he gets pregnant's life.

Then Jada Pinkett steps in, along with Mr. Butler and Shareef, to help pull him back in. To me it showed that even though Caine is neither perceived as too good nor too evil, it is the power of three people who care that ALMOST save him.

Samurai Guy
"Another Nigga from the ghetto."

That line summed up everything he felt. As if just because of his skin colour and where he came from he would get nowhere in life. Shareef, mr. Bulter and Ronnie made him see that he can be that much more if he applied himself and broke free of the chains he put on himself.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.