DVDs in the uk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jayno
Hi guys

Like most of you here, I can't wait until next month for the dvds to be released. Does anyone know what version of the films it will be? A friend of mine told me that it is the special edition, which has to be true, but he seems to think that even more new scenes have been added?? does anyone know if this is true?

Why cant both versions be put on the DVDs? the alien box set has the original films and the directors cut, surley george could do this too?

Has anyone read the prologue in the original Star Wars novel 'Star Wars from the adventures of Luke Skywalker' There is a good read of how palpatine came to power and at the end it says 'from the first saga Journall of the Whills'

What is the journal of the Whills?, it never gets a mention with the films, I was told that the whole star wars story is reffered to as the journal of the whills.

robakin
Lucas says the Spl deition is his true vision of star wars, it has been mentioned many times on this forum. I think we all feel the same. The exact changes on the dvd are on this forum some where. Not too much has changed A touched up Jabba in A new hope, Ian as the palpatine in ESB, Hayden as Anakins ghost in ROTJ.
Its my understanding that a Whill is what Yoda is, so Whills are his species, i think thats right.

yerssot
it's just what Star Wars was named before it was Star Wars...

Freaklantern

Darth Jayno
I do believe some of the touch ups in the special editions (1997) were cool, the touch ups in cloud city, some of the original stuff that never made it first time round etc. I think some of the stuff ruined it too, jabba in ep 4 looked nothing like the original in ROTJ, the band in jabbas palace was over the top and i didnt like the backgroud comedy like the jawa falling off the creature. i like the new ending to return of the jedi, but I used to like the ewok song at the end.

Thing is, can it be ruined even more?? I hope not, If there is more changes, I hope they are for the better.

p.s, is that right that yoda is a whill? that would be cool if we found out in ep 3 and it ties back to the original concept

Ahnold
For some photos of the main changes to the trilogy for the DVD release, go here: http://perso.club-internet.fr/willow/Index.html

This site also has some comparison shots with the original versions and special editions ...

OB1-adobe
Wow I havn't seen that pic of the dianoga, or the aurbrush tractor beem lettering before.

robakin
The first concept of star wars back in the early '70's was gonna be the tales of Mace Windu. (yes really)

robakin
its only Anakin's ghost thats changing. We still see Seb Shaw when the helmet comes off.

Darth Jayno
i dont think they should change anikans ghost, why do they need too?? Luke frred the old anikan from the dark side so it should be is ghost. They will be changing bens next sad

p s Where did the eyebrows go??

Unholy_Cheese
shockingshockcry sorry testbig grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.