RJD2 vs DJ Shadow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ElectricBugaloo
the Dj Showdown of arguably the best DJs of their kind in the past five years. Right now, I'd have to go with RJD2. Shadow's last album was good, but not great. RJd2's albums have bothbeen great.

HockeyHorror
dont make me choose man sad

Organ Donor was insane yes

but RJD2 put out better stuff in my opinion.

vote- RJD2

bardock
rjd2 is slightly better imo

HockeyHorror
bardock when did u start listening to underground hip hop? no expression

ElectricBugaloo
RJD2 and SHadow aren't really underground anymore, they get press in Rolling Stone, Spin, etc.

the song F.H.H. is pretty good, i've never heard anything by Jakki before...

bardock
i started in about the middle of the summer. i dont much but i know some

bardock
actual after listening to shadow more i have started do like his stuff better but there both pretty good

MF D00m
This is really tough, but I personally enjoy RJ's work a little bit more.

Df02
i really like DJ Shadow, but im not gonna make a decision cos ive not heard nething from RJD2

bardock
http://blastro.com/player/rjd2exotictalk.html&artist=new

rjd2

hh?
classic thread

had to bump it.

Afro Cheese
RJD2

Deathblow
Shadow, without a shadow of a doubt. Ha.

Endtroducing was just off the hook. Really nothing else like it, the best album of it's kind by so far. I liked Deadringer by RJD2, but none of his other individual works have done much for me. I'd actually put The Automator and DJ Krush ahead of RJD2 aswell.

Wolf Dog
Has anyone seen the def jux dvd? In it, EL-P tells about him always mocking RJD2 for trying to be like DJ Shadow. Anyways, I think they are very similar and different if you know what I mean. I can't really decide.
Both geniouses in their own way though. Awesome music.

hh?
i dont think they have much in common (music wise)...they seem alot different.

bardock
shadow is the frickin greatest

Eraserhead
BLAST FROM THE PAST

bardock
damn right i am old school

Eraserhead
http://www.geekroar.com/film/archives/old_school.jpg

bardock
ice cold

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.