A Question about Vs threads

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Viper
Ok I know this has probably been talked about somewhere else, but I can't seem to find it so please bear with me (and feel free to close this and call me an idiot at any time)

Is there a particular reason VS threads aren't allowed? And why some seem to be acceptable?

Just wondering since I've been gone a while, and a few months ago this entire forum seemed to be dedicated strictly to versus.

spyrokinesi35
because there is already one vs. thread and the mods and members think its annoying and a waste of virtual memeory to post 2000 vs threads

Tron
And some threads that are put on here are either lame, pointless, no contest, or hardly responded to. Some are left on because they're actually good, and open to many options and such.

Paola
ok... I'll tell you my secret shifty

1st of all, an apologize for not making this official.

The reason VS threads aren't allowed, is because there are endless possible combinations. You guys seem to love them and you open lots and lots of them, which makes the forum loose its purpose which is: Comic Movie Discussion (No X-Men, no Spider-Man, no Batman, no Superman & no Hulk 'cause they all have their own forums)

BUT as I said, you seem to LOVE them, and that's why I allow "a few".

I tried to open a big huge VS thread and you didn't want it stick out tongue so I make the decision to stop all vs threads of any kind dev but then my common sense tingled and from then on, I'll allow just a few.... that keeps you happy and interested in this place which is the main thing.

My decision on closing or letting a VS thread live is based in my mood no expression
stick out tongue nah... not really... it is based on your posts and wether it has to do with comics or not. If a new Vs thread is open, and you're lucky I'm not here, and you guys post and post and post and state your opinion, and say "Hey! this is a good thread!" then that VS thread will live..... if you don't like it or simply are too much vs threads in the first page no it will get closed.

that's it.
Simple, right?

Mane
yeah!!

Tron
Makes sense to me.

Viper
Thanks, that pretty much sums it up well

Paola
great! happy

Into the Void
I miss VENOMfan... sad

bardock
we all do.but paola kicks ass too

vu_Quang
yeah it did seem weird that all of a sudden vs treads were getting closed.. it was the main reason i posted here. i dug it a lot. and i'm still bummed about the new system. not much i can do about it so hohum.

v-Q

Tron
Happy Dance IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!! Happy Dance

Paola
shocking thanx bardock. that sure as hell means a lot.

vu Quang & Into the Void:It's not my fault that you don't like this. I asked for you guys to make up something so we could deal with vs threads, and I got no answer.

Tron
I sent a pm to Raz asking about a vs. forum, that's the best I can do.

Tron
Paola, I have an off topic question. Do you know anyone who can resize this gif so I can use it as an avatar?

Paola
sorry Tron no

Tron
Damn. Oh well, I tryed.

Linkalicious
i back Paola on her decision.

I do really like how we had so many VS threads, because it is the main reason why I come to this forum, but a lot of people just.....well....they suck at making match ups.

Magneto vs. Silver Surfer?
Vash the Stampede vs. Bullseye?
Goku vs. Superman?

Jesus...some of these are just crap tastic. I personally love the Venom vs. Carnage threads.....as if Venom is even a match for Carnage alone. Venom with a Sonic Gun would still have trouble with Carnage...

Paola
Another great idea, like Tron said, is pming Raz asking him for a Vs forum, or suggesting it at he "News & Questions" forum.
Just don't give up, and ask a few times, don't expect him to open it just because 4 or 5 guys asks for it one time.

and thanx Linkalicious! yes

Into the Void
When did you ask this!? Friday was the first time I was on the boards since August 4th, so for those 3 weeks, I really couldn't know what was going on, could I? I would have gladly came up with an alternative. Besides that, we already have a few giant VS threads. Would you like me to find them, and bump them? You know, one is an official thread created by VENOMfan, how about I just bump that one?

Paola
Into the Void: I asked it a few times.
I know there are 2 or 3 HUGE vs threads, I'm not blind I've been here A LOT since I'm the moderator.
That official thread made by VENOMfan was used as the official vs thread, but as soon as I merged them, guys here opened new ones, and constantly posted that it wasn't going to work and stuff like that.... in one word it didn't work.
If you have alternatives post them or pm me, that's why I'm here for.
I apologize for making decisions while you are offline.

Tron
Man, Goku vs. Superman, I've seen only thread like that on a fantasy battle sight, and I don't wanna see another one, lol. That sh*t must've been maybe 5 times long than the Juggernaut/Hulk thread on here. The fanboys just went buckwild all over that thread. It was madness, lol.

bardock
i have seen that thread it can get ugly.niehter side will give up than the insults come then it gets closed.

Into the Void
Nonsense. No harm done, and you are the mod after all. Just revive the official thread(or make a new one, whatever you decide) and laydown a few ground rules. This way, not only is the forum not clogged with VS threads, but we'll have someplace to create any matchup we want.

No, that matchup never lasted as long as the Juggernaut/Hulk debate, but to make-up for it, there's at least 6 threads on Goku/Superman in this forum, and another 2 or 3 in the Anime forum. It gets kind of ridiculous.

Paola
ok

Raz
You can now use the new forum located here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/

Paola
lucky people!! stick out tongue

Maelstrom
I miss the Perfect10 or decimal10 or whatever his name was. he was so cool, a serious hero fan

Paola
never heard of him no

anyway, forget everything on this thread

closing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.