Alienware

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackMamBA
Who owes an Alienware.

Royal Knight
Alienware is supposed to be a very good quality gaming computer system with every thing top of the line..

no i don't own onesad

MC Mike
Nope. But I got the same crap, just custom made. stick out tongue

Royal Knight
well lucky you..

i have a piece of shit Dell computerlaughing out loud

MC Mike
Hahah! laughing out loud My friend and I once compared prices on computers, mine cost $2000 more when in a Dell Pack (with warranty though)

BlackMamBA
Im going to get 1.

cal31
I heard it's a very powerful computer, but the service department sucks very bad, and it is a very unreliable machine.

BackFire
I'd never get one, you're paying an extra 1,000 bucks for the name.

Tptmanno1
yea, build your own for much less and better specs and stuff.

Linkalicious
a couple of months ago me and my friend decided it was time to get new computers. He's a little rich kid who's mommy and daddy pay for everything. Me, well I work for what I own, and I have good credit.

My friend bought an Area 51 gaming machine with an 18" plasma monitor for almost $4000 from the Alienware website. He also had to wait like 12 days for the system to be custom built and shipped.

I built my own system, that was identical to his own, except I got a custom case that had 3 more fans than his. My computer also has an LED screen that tells my CPU and Harddrive temperatures.

Custom building my own computer, with a 20" flat screen monitor, cost me $1400 less than him. I got the chance to learn how to build my own computer from online tutorials, and unlike him, i have a windows xp cd, not just some system recovery disk.

Building you own computer isn't THAT difficult. Especially if you have ever taken your old computer apart to replace a card or chip. It's also much more cost efficient.

BlackMamBA
Would you when u become rich?

Linkalicious
BackFire is right Mamba, they over charge by like $1000 with Alienware.

For the kind of money you'd dish out to get one of their PCs. You could go to Fry's electronics and custom pick each part, and have them assemble the PC for hundreds of dollars less than Alienware.

BlackMamBA
Wheres Fry's Electronics.

BackFire
It's an electronics store. There's one near where Link and I live. It's the primary place to go for computer parts and accesories.

BlackMamBA
Well that sucks cuz i dont live around there

BackFire
Yep. It's a cool place. I think there are several of them all around the nation.

BlackMamBA
I dont think i have 1 around where i live

BackFire
Ah, well no worries, you can buy most everythign you need from online stores.

BlackMamBA
I would but i dont know how to build pcs thats the problem.

BlackMamBA
You know any sites to bulid pcs and ship it to me.

KidRock
Do you mean like alienware? where you pick the parts and they build it?

www.alienware.com
www.ibuypower.com
www.voodoopc.com
www.falconnw.com
http://www.cyberpowersystem.com

If you just want individual parts shipped to you

www.newegg.com

MC Mike
Newegg!!! Get the parts and put it together! big grin

BlackMamBA
I dont know how. sad

SaTsuJiN
sad ... make a friend who's good with computers lol. then go to a computer expo and buy singular parts and have him build it :O

Linkalicious
building a computer IS NOT HARD.

I used to think it was like impossible, but once you get the basic parts and the tower....then it's all a matter of plugging in the cords to their proper fittings inside the case.

BlackMamBA
Idk im going to try to get mah friend friends to help me out.

ragesRemorse
If you are going to build a computer you should atleast know what you are doing. Dont just readup on it and attempt it. However, it is very simple, and about 300- 500 dollars cheaper than buying one. Again this is somthing that is simple,but complex in the understanfing of what parts are compliable with each other. It isnt the easiest thing finding the parts you need eigther, or atleast at reasonable prices.

As for alienware, my friend has one. Put it this way it is 4,000 dollars for somthing you can get the same abilities for in a standard 1,000 dollar IBM. Yeah the memory and Ram allows you to have anywhere from 6 to 7 games installed on your PC and still get top quality performance. However if you are not a gamer, there is no point in overpaying for somthing you are not going to use. If you are a gamer, but not a career devoted gamer you are just over paying for things you are not going to use. Instead of investing in an alienware, just make sure the Pc has atleast 3 Ghz, 350 mb and you can play any top of the line game with storage and ram to spare. This will cost you atleast 2,000 dollars less.

KidRock
Alienwares are expensive but they are top quality...they run very well I have to say.

SaTsuJiN
Yeah, alienware tends to overcharge by a 1 to 2 thousand dollars (or more) for each rig. Ive never heard a customer complaint though

ragesRemorse
If i was rich enough to afford one of them, i am sure i wouldnt complain eigther.

KidRock
I built a comp at Falcon Northwest.com and Voodoo PC and the Alienware is cheaper. I guess building one yourself is the cheapest way but you dont get onsite tech support or any of that jazz.

ragesRemorse
There different alienware comps you can get. some can be as cheap as 2,000 but the top of the line ones are upwards to five grand. I personally would wait untill the new pentium technology comes out before i would invest in a bank statement that is more than is in my bank. Asia has achieved some mind boggeling breakthroughs in Pc software. some of which that the U.s is now just getting wind of.

SaTsuJiN
lmao.. asian dont have anything on the US technology.. they just copy and try to make it better. Its always been that way

ragesRemorse
No they are leadning in computer technoligy. they recently develpoed the fastest computer technology. I mean them japs and slant eyes are smart cats, this was bound to happen. If we dont be carefull they are done gonna sneak up on us and make us all eat rice. Naw im shittin around, no kidding though, Japan is going to be the next power country of the world. Atleast in technology and economy. Maybe one day they will be allowed to have another army. we all know the only reason America is as strong as it is, is because of our military, it sure as shit isnt because of hard workin americans.

SaTsuJiN
Japanese econonmy has been bad for a while now.. and those earthquakes arent helping to patch things up. where are you getting this information from? lol

ragesRemorse
what the hell are you talking about? I guess your not very worldly ay? Granted Japan has been having problems with their economy recently, but there GNP is second only to the US.Japan is going through rigged revitalization plans on their economy.their communication,construction,and distribution industries have been sky rocketing since 2001. they have a fast growing economy that always stays consistant. Yes and China has succeeded in gaining the fastest and most advanced computer technology. not that any of this matters,but your last remark made Japan off to be some weak Economy.

KidRock
Last I checked the US military was run by hard working americans. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ragesRemorse
Yes,but i meant the whining, bit*ching, self righteous, holier than though lazy ass citezens. I tried to show that the military is the reason America is as strong as it is. It could be alot more prosperous if some more people had the discipline soldiers have.

BackFire
What does Japans economy have to do with Alienware?

ragesRemorse
Absolutely nothing, it was a debate that came about when i said i would just wait for the next pentium to come.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.