please vote for September's book of the month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BadKitty
okkies friends..here is a poll of 14 books that we can choose from for September's book for our book of the month club.
I will leave this up all week..after we all vote, the most popular book wins for that month we start reading in beginning of september till the end of september with a thread that is solely for discussing for our chosen book.
also post your comments if you like on the books you have chosen,or have new ideas to proceed with our club.all thoughts are much appreciated

thank you everyone for your input please be sure to vote for your book on the poll.

here are the considered nominations~(reminder only the first book nominated by any one person is considered)
----------------------------------------------------
The Call of the Wild by Jack London

White Fang by Jack London

The curious incident of the dog in the night time By Mark Haddon

Children of the Dust by Louise Lawrence

Hitchhikker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

A gathering light by Jennifer Donnelly

Master and Margaret by Mikhail Bulgakov (also know as The Master and Margarita )

The Last Unicorn by Peter Beagle

InkHeart by Cornelia Funke

My Life by Bill Clinton

A clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

Screwtape Letters' by C.S.Lewis

The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende

Tom's Midnight Garden by Phillipa Pearce.

BadKitty
of coarse I voted for the Screwtape Letters' by C.S.Lewis

Silver Stardust
Hitchhiker's Guide, I love that book big grin

yerssot
Can anyone be so kind as to tell me if White Fang is about a husky/wolf and his friendship with a boy? made into a movie or three? or am I totally missing the ball here?

Vampy
My vote goes for A Clockwork Orange

Phoenix
Mine is to 'Children of the Dust'

Primitive Screwhead
The answer is 42... my vote goes to Hitchhiker's Guide as well.

Guardian_Rikku
I voted for Call of the Wild. I've heard it's supposed to be good smile

BadKitty
maybe when bookworm logs on he can answer ya..I have no clue... here is something I found maybe it will help http://www.online-literature.com/london/whitefang/

lil bitchiness
Screwtape Letters' by C.S.Lewis yey!! I cant believe this book is on here! clap

I've been meaning to read this, but i never got a chance!

Also, The House Of The Spirits is awesome! happy

big gay kirk
Yup... actually seven movies and three serials at least.... thats including tv movies.....

Neo_Version 7
Ahh, man! D. Brown isn't here this month, huh?

Well, anyway, best wishes for the book that wins!

BlackC@t
Screwtape Letters cool

yerssot
thanks BK, it was indeed that smile

I remember one only sad... and three movies... I'm gonna go get the book

Baylin
Story of my life that book...

vaya_the_elf
to many choices ..lol
I see at least four I like .. its going to to be hard to pick

pinsleepe
'Master and Margaret'

Shadow_King
i dont even no one of these books i will just pick something that seems intresting.

BadKitty
one more day of voting and screwtapes winning yay!

Primitive Screwhead
I've got no problems taking the silver medal on my Hitchhiker's nomination. I've never read the Screwtape Letters... should be nice to broaden my horizons for a change.

ragesRemorse
anyone ever read Zen and the art of motorcycle maitenance?

anyway, i go with hicthikers guide to the galaxy, Great peice of literature and greatly entertianing. guide to the universe was a great one to

BadKitty
actually I have that book...a friend of mine gave it to me and said I should read it..but I didn't because of the title...what do you think of it?

ragesRemorse
Astounding peice of literature. the Philospohies and perspectives in that book give a unique perception on life that will stay with you. You should deffaintly read it. The book has great meaning that is very remeniscant and vivid to the soul and not to mention gives a nice little underlying history lesson on 2,000 years of western philosophy, intertwined in a simple story of rationality.

BadKitty
that sounds up my alley...thats how I felt about the screwtape letters..I felt kinda enlightened..since I have that book hear I think it's time I give it a read

btw screwtape won..I am so pleased big grin

ragesRemorse
I have been meaning to read that book. I think that may be the enxt book i read. It sounds neat and interesting. I hear good things about, and have been meaning to read it, but it always seems that other books come up.

Mr Zero
Zen and the art isn't just a good "deep" book about the quality of things - it's also a good novel well written.

kanis
alien Has anybody read the Perry Rhoden series its pretty old.

BadKitty
hmm nope...don't sound familiar.

I couldn't find my screwtape but did find Zen Ive been carrying it around all week,I've been so busy though I've only read like 25 pages so far..but i am intrigued smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.