Has terrorists attacked again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Samurai Girl
I just saw this and fount oh no not again!

Terror Attack Fears as Jets Crash

A Tupolev Tu-154 jet, similar to the plane which disappeared over the Rostov region

A Russian passenger jet has crashed and another has broken up in the air after taking off from the same airport - raising fears of a double terrorist atrocity.

There is little hope that any of those on board - at least 89 people - have survived.

Authorities said rescuers found wreckage from a Tupolev Tu-154 jet, which was carrying at least 46 people, about nine hours after it issued a distress signal indicating an attack and disappeared from radar screens over the Rostov region, 600 miles south of Moscow.

At about the same time, a Tu-134 airliner carrying 43 people crashed in the Tula region, about 125 miles south of Moscow.

My heart goes out to those who are were affected by this!

finti
we still dont know, info that by no means are confirmed is that in one of the plane the pilot was attacked by a passanger. But it is too early to say yet

Samurai Girl
But both planes left the same airport within 40 mins of each other. sounds a bit dogdey

Fire
Let's give it a few days before we call this a terrorist attack, doesn't seem like a terrorist attack from those separatists, (down in the south of russia, with Grozny as their capital, arge can't find their name ATM)

Samurai Girl
I was just quoting the headline 4rm aol. But im really hoping its not i hate stuff like this

Fire
you are hoping it's not a terrorist attack?

yerssot
Tsjetsjenen? (don't know the english name)

erm... lets not be hasty and call every accident a terrorist attack just yet

Samurai Girl
thts what im saying an engine has a falut and we are so quick to judge!

Instead of taking the time and waiting for the airport investgaters to make a full report the press blow it up and set panic in the eyes of everyone.

yerssot
saw it on the news and asked some explaining from my dad...

he said he wasn't surprised the planes were Tuplevs...they're 30-40 years old and if they were from a private-company, people should know they shouldn't fly with them... probably a malfunctioning ... or bad maintainance...

and them crashing around the same time can be "luck"
also them sending an SOS doesn't mean anything, an engine could have failed or the pressure went wrong, etc. it only proves that they saw a problem coming

Fire
true, russian airplanes are known for their "problems", certainly the older models. also the head of the russian secret service (the FSB) said it was most likely NOT a terrorist attack.

then again: both planes destination was closed to Tsjetsjnia, and there are elections in Tsjetsjnia in a few days.

Darth Revan
People are so paranoid about terrorism these days...

finti
russian authorities have said it was NOT DUE to a terrorist attack. well guess we have to wait a little further to get the real story, at least they have found the black boxes

Fire
True, if they think it will fill their needs the tsjetsjanians will have done it, if it fill theirs needs that they didn't then they won't

vagaryatwill
I heard on the radio this morning that one of the planes had indicated to air traffic control that it was being hyjacked. I guess they have some kind of signal on the plane they can send. I heard that this morning, but haven't heard anything close to that since.

TowelTarpin
EDITED

finti
moron

finti
now Russian authorities will look into the possibility of a co operated terrorist attack. Really back and forth in that department today confused

roundisfunny
"Has terrorists attacked again."

Samurai Girl
have we heard anything more about it!

Papaumau
Hi Samurai girl......

I believe that, ( if this is the crashes that happened two weks ago ), the Russian authorities have since found explosive residue on the wreckage of BOTH of these planes.

Anytime I see a tightly-co-ordinated terror attack anywhere in the world today I immediately think..."Al-Quaeda" as they are now recognised as the most extreme and the most well-organised and efficient terrorist organisation in the world.

It has even been suggested since that the atrocity in the Breslan school has Al-Quaeda written all over it.

Scary stuff...when these terrorists can attack virtually where and when they want to.

ragesRemorse
Seeing how the planes crashed at virtually the same time. IT seems like there may have been some terrorism involved. however, when terrorists attack they always make themselves known. seeing how no terrorist groups have taken responsibility this says that it wasnt due to terrorism, unless someone is covering it up, but that is highly unlikely. Seeing as they crashed at nearly the same time seems like it was probably an egineering or fueling problem.

finti
they found explosives and it is said it the plane was taken down by "The Black Widows" female terrorist cell from Chechnya

ladygrim
sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.