Aliens 1986 phrases (help me out plz)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

patoman
Hello guys,

I have a problem to understand some phrases in this great movie (best ever IMHO) so If someone could help me to undrestand some of them I'd be really glad.

1. Preparing the ship to fly down on the planet
38:45 Cross-locking now.
Pre-launch auto-cycle engage.
38:52 Primary couplers released.
Hit the internals.
39:08 Confirm cross-lock and drop stations secured.

2. During a fly
42:41 Terminal guidance locked in.

3. What is this weapon?
sonic electronic ballbreakers

4. During a movement of a squad
1:05:01 Tighten it up, Frost. We're getting a little thin.

Hope some of you are that big fans of Aliens as me and will help me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bad Boy
why? put the subtitles on!

patoman
Bad Boy that's what I did, but I'm so big fan of this movie that I'd like to understand deeply every dialog. I need an explanation of these phrases, not to see them on the screen.

ragesRemorse
Umm most of that crap is just tactical military mumbo jombo. coordinates, or well just self explanitory. Just read them very slowly. I mean are you really wondering what a sonic electronic ballbreaker is? umm put it this way, it terms of Doom a "big fuc*kin gun" not be taken literally . dont sweat the small technical stuff of the flicks that make them seem military, just enjoy the story and characters. Remeber to stay frosty though, and keep an extra clip han for clotake not from vasques and hicks, keep an extra clip handy for close encounters.

Cinemaddiction
"Terminal guidance locked in" just means the Sulaco was either on auto pilot or was being haled by a mothership for docking.

"Sonic electronic ballbreaker" was just slang for one of their weapons, probably a sub-sonic pulsator.

"Tighten it up, Frost. We're getting a little thin." - They were breaking formation, and if anyone got stranded, they were toast.

The rest was exactly as R.R. said, just technical terms. The whole pre-launch auto-cycle deal has to do with flipping switches and the firing order of the engines.

Bad Boy
Ummmmm ok! Cukoo! stick out tongue

Bad Boy
Ummmmm ok! Geeky! stick out tongue

MC Mike
If you're such a fan, you probably have the Special Edition DVD. And if you do, watch the Director's Commentary.

Scott clearly states that this is a bunch of mumbo jumbo, and that "it seemed convincing." .

patoman
to Cinemaddiction: thank u for your explanation smile So only last 3 things that I need to understand are 'Cross lock' and especialy these two 'Primary couplers released.' and 'Hit the internals.' Are those couplers the pressure doors under the drop ship? Because Ferro said that right after the doors had opened. Next thing is 'hit the internals' bcoz after she said that she pushs some kind of button and then the drop ships starts going down to those already opened pressure doors. This is what I'd like to undrestand, the meaning of this. Also what means 'tighten it up' bcoz I haven't been able to find out the right explanation for this on the inet. Is it something like 'stay together' ?

to MC Mike: I checked my DVD and it contains only 'Interview w/ J Cameron' and no Director's Commentary. Interview contains no substantial infoz which could help me on this. sad

to ragesRemorse: thank u too. Everytime I see this movie I enjoy it as hell. When I came through all dialogs I found out that Jim Cameron did great job. Nice jokes like Hudson asked Vasqz 'Have you ever been mistaken for a man?' and Vasqz answers 'No. Have you?'. Brilliant! smile Also Jim worked hardly on how marines speek, slangs like 'shag it' or 'a$$holes and elbows' and so on, also how Gorman speaks like military tutorial. For me the memorable sentence is when Hicks said 'Let's move like we've got a purpose.' I like the deeper though of this movie like Ripley is gonna fight against her nightmare, showing the nest and sure the Queen. It's a shame the next parts were craps. And after I've seen this week the AvP movie I was terribly disappointed. Movie like this are killing the idea of Aliens serie.

ragesRemorse
what the shit are we gonna do now, game over... game over man.

Cinemaddiction
Anytime. Do you have the singular "Aliens: SE" DVD? Us big boys have probably got the Quadrilogy, with the Cameron commentary.

Vasquez kind of reminds me Leona in "Predator 2". Couple of ballsy chicks. Maria Conchita Alonso was kind of cute in "The Running man", though.

MC Mike
That's an awesome qoute. big grin

Shadow_King
the only thing i didnt like about the movie was that paxtons character had to die. and plus my fav quote be when the plane crashed and billy i think said "what are gonna do now" and then the scientist said something like "why dont we build a camp fire and sing some songs"

patoman
After this discussion I found out that exist Aliens SE 2 DVD, so I've just ordered it and will have it on Monday. Can't wait to see it smile

Bad Boy
Dude it's only a film!!!

patoman
I dunno what u wanted to say w/ this...but i didn't know that exists a version w/ such great bonus materials so if i wanna be a big boy i must have it stick out tongue

patoman
It's a shame that no one answered what are these 'Primary couplers released. Hit the internals.' at 38:52. Hope someone will find the time to check the movie out and answer me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.