The 76th Annual Academy Awards Results Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shanie623
Art Design, Lord of the Rings ROTK
Costume Design, Lord of the Rings ROTK
Visual Effects, Lord of the Rings ROTK
Make-Up, Lord of the Rings ROTK
Sound Mixing, Lord of the Rings ROTK
Original Score, Lord of the Rings ROTK
Film Editing, Lord of the Rings ROTK
Original Song, Lord of the Rings ROTK
Adapted Screenplay, Lord of the Rings ROTK
Directing, Lord of the Rings ROTK

Tell me if I missed something because I kept on switching channels. Heh. If I did miss an award for LOTR ROTK, I'd have to kill myself because it is official that "there's no one left in New Zealand to thank, and that everyone would be moving to New Zealand because of this." Hahaha! Just kiddin' (about killing myself that is).

LOTR ROTK so much deserves it. I'm happy =) YEEEY!

(Makes me think if Harry Potter will ever win these much Oscars.)

A.D. Skinner

shanie623
BEST MOTION PICTURE, Lord of the Rings ROTK

WHOA!!! Happy Dance

P.S. (notice that I kept on editing in my first post... laughing out loud )

Krabs55
Man I cant believe they won so much stuff.

samIam
OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!! i can't eblive it !!!!

shadowy_blue
I'm....speechless...smile The last time I had this feeling is seeing FOTR and for the first time on the big screen and seeing ROTK end. Full of bliss and tears of joy. smile

Fëanor
makes ya wanna go see the movie again...yes?

shadowy_blue
Yes...certainly..yes big grin

ROTK made history at the Oscars:

Most Oscars for a movie tied with Ben Hur and Titanic.

The first fantasy movie to win Best Picture.

The first movie to win everything category nominated.

Cant wait to see this on the DVD cover:

The Lord of the Rings:The Return of the King

Winner of 11 Academy Awards

Including Best Picture,Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay.

Fëanor
skinner as always...miticulate(sp)

very informative...you da man!

telcontar
im so glad, technically it is the most successful film at the Oscars as it won 100% of its nominations unlike Ben Hur which missed out on one, i think, and Titanic which missed out on three.

shadowy_blue
Thank you so much for that. big grin I admit I only focused my attention on the ROTK nominations. LOL..big grin But, yeah..thanks!! big grin

Lobo
YES, YES, YES, YES, The Lord of the Rings owns all of Hollywood!!!! YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!

Fëanor
why you are absolutely correct...how did I not notice that...

shadowy_blue
http://www.ldsfilm.com/gx/p_oscar.gif

shadowy_blue

big grin big grin big grin

telcontar
big grin big grin big grin big grin big grin
so so many, think of the storage and cleaning its gonna take.

Lobo
YES, YES, YES, YES, The Lord of the Rings owns all of Hollywood!!!! YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!

shadowy_blue
Never in my life have I felt so proud and patriotic such as this! I'm in a very heraldic mood now!

*humming The Bridge of Khazad-dum and Minas Tirith tracks*

big grin big grin

telcontar
I dont think theres ever been or will be a time to celebrate your favourite book/film/cast and crew such as this time right now.

A.D. Skinner
What a wonderful evening ! I would like to thank the Academy for putting on such a wonderful show. I would like to say thanks to Kitoky, Ash007, Isilcal, and samIam for keeping me company while I watched it.

I would like to give a special thanks to Aurora...for introducing me to the LOTR Forum, and all of the wonderful people here !

Thank you all so much ! love

shadowy_blue
Dude! Not to sound naive but, Kit, etc. kept you company!? eek! Does that mean you guys know and met each other while watching it!? eek! aaww..I envy you guys..sad

Fëanor
hey...i'd like some company...

shadowy_blue
here, here!! sad

shadowy_blue
Anyway, Steven seemed like a giddy schoolboy up there announcing the clean sweep. big grin Wasn't he one of the directors along with James Cameron to say that they got really excited after seeing Return of the King? I love Steven Spielberg and to see him truly excited over LOTR sweep really brought a smile to my face. big grin

Break out the brooms guys!!!! We swept 'em all!! big grin big grin big grin

It's a clean sweep!
-Steven Spielberg, The Academy Awards, February 29, 2004

LOL guys..I think I'll be using that quote very often for the next few days. big grin laughing big grin

sauron
holy moly mother of god!!!!!!!!

so eleven out of eleven huh? big grinbig grinbig grin very nice....

BUT!

i cant help feeling sad......thats the last majorawards ceremony of the year...next year there wont BE and lotr to win anything.....the movies and awards for it are over.....no

but i still have the books and you guys yes so that will do me big grin

Discos
Howdy, I stayed up to watch it and had a straining back afterwards,

I enjoyed LOTR thrashing everyone else and also Billy Crystal did an excellent job

Discos - "wow, 11 nominations, one for every ending big grin"

Discos
yes, the books will do worthy!

where are you just now, what happened to the sleeping math plan

sauron
schools off big grinbig grinbig grin

i fell asleep at abnout half past two no

Discos
bummer, at about half 2 there was only bout 5/6 awards presented

Discos - boo....

VengeanceGOD
LOTR finally gets what it deserved: 11 oscars. I couldn't be happier.

orlandoOYEA
Yay im so happy ~~~smilesmilesmile

pip-foot
YAY! I am very happy smile I watched it all smile nad they won!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile eek! eek! eek!

A.D. Skinner
Hey !!! You know how long it took me to type all this in...and now no one is posting on my thread !

Not feeling very loved here ! laughing out loud

pip-foot
I luv you A.D! I was watching it, but i'm not allowed to be on the comp. and tTV @ the same time, so i had to choose smile

VenomVA
11 Oscars!!!! Best Director and Movie of the Year? WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!! I am so happy for PJ and the gang. Yes the Cleaned house! I'm glad they finally got their due!

A.D. Skinner
It was a great night ! So much excitement, and ROTK - YAY

pip-foot
YAY! what time did it end? I taped until 12:30, did it go past that? cuz i went to bed @ 11

A.D. Skinner
It ended at about 11:30 Central Standard time...don't forget that I am in Chicago

pip-foot
i am in Virgina. Oh, good, then i didnt miss it smile I am glad smile I watched from the red carpet starting @ 6:00 on E, then the countdown on ABc from 8:00 till 8:30, then i watched the awards from 8:30 untill 11:00 when my mom told me i had had the TV all night nad that i needed to go to bed sad

A.D. Skinner
I was watching it from Noon. An all day affair on E! and then the awards show on ABC ! So much to see and enjoy !

pip-foot
I was at chruch from noon till 3, then doing HW, but i started @ 6:00, adn i taped all the times anyone from LOTR was on smile

A.D. Skinner
Well there was plenty of that ! It was a night to remember for all LOTR fans !!!

pip-foot
yes. It was fun. I kept pushing record at every glimpse of LOTR. I kept going back and forth between E and the preview channel, cuz it was having an oscar special on too smile

and now wehn i get home from school today i can turn on my tape and wathc all the LOTR moments from the GLobes, the SAGs, and the Acadamy Awards smile It took up 5 hours, plus the hour of oscars i missed last night smile I cant wait to go home smile

A.D. Skinner
Sounds like hours of entertainment ! I didn't tape the Oscars sad but now wish I had. Oh well...I have my memories

pip-foot
yes, memories are good. DId the whole cast come up when the won picture of the year? If so, i want to watch it even more smile

Exa
ALL ELEVEN!! ALL ELEVEN!!!!!!! *dances around singing*
Even Ben Hur and Titanic didnt have more... wasnt there also this extra-oscar for some technical thing that was given to ROTK some months ago?

Ushgarak
Merged similar threads.

Exa
I think RoTK was a little unfair for all the other films that perhaps wouldve got several oscars if there wouldnt be RoTK... like for example Master and Commander, only got two oscars

A.D. Skinner
Thank you Ush !

shadowy_blue
ROTK deserves it anyway. wink

shadowy_blue
Yeah, technical award to Raegulous for Massive...they earned 12 Oscars, if we want to be precise. big grin

azszhz
Happy Dance i am so happy Happy Dance
Lotr really deserved these awards. now if only Sean got an award i would feel totall justice for the movies not to mention the count would be 12/13 (if your being techincal) but alas it is not

A.D. Skinner
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

11 of 11 ! Missed Viggo..looked for him all night, as well as Miranda !

So happy for ROTK !!!

azszhz

nazgûl-lord
i knew they would won a lot of of oscars but 11 on 11.I never thought that
anyway they deserve it !!!

Camellia
I think I speak for us all when I say:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!! WE WON WE WON WE WON!!!

(And, by we, I do of course mean THEY, but hey, WE sounds much better smile)

Exa
Yeah, that's what I meant big grin so "we" have MORE THAN TITANIC AND BEN HUR!!!!!! big grin big grin

shadowy_blue
Orlando Bloom is currently in Spain filming Kingdom of Heaven.

Viggo Mortensen was promoting Hidalgo at the time of the ceremony.

I really wish all the cast were there. But yeah, last night was still certainly a night....to remember. big grin

shadowy_blue
And oh, Andy Serkis was also rewarded a special Oscar for his work as Gollum. smile

citadel
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Discos
Here in the UK it showed the countdown to the oscars at 12.50am and the Oscars finished at 5am, I stayed up to watch it and had to move around alot due to my back was achin!

I swore that I thought my mum was in the room next to mine (my sisters room) for the night, so I put the volume dead low and in the end put earphones into the TV

I found out the next morning that it was my sister who was in the room and she must of came home whilst I was in the shower earlier that night!

Discos - cheeky sauron fell asleep big grin

pipschick
WELL DONE TO LOTR!!! eek!

Here's a pic of the four yummy stars at the awards big grin

Discos
yeah the guy with the headset on is a total hunk

Discos big grin

ash007
Indeed i was watching it with Isilcal,samIam, Kitokyand A.D. Skinner these were guys were great and i enjoyed the Oscars very much.
And Billy Crystal was great
smile

Discos
you watched it with them? online I take it?

ash007
indeed

Thorondor
i recorded it on sky plus but the frigging thing was but off at Sean Penn's acceptance speach sad

A.D. Skinner
You really enjoy saying that word "Indeed", don't you ash !

Thorondor
indeed rules big grin

ash007
Indeed smile
I mean its the only thing i can wirte which kind of makes me look clever like i actually understand what person above has writtern smile

mors823
The best pat was the very beginning of the Oscars with Billy Crystal's introduction. It had some stuff from RotK and looked great. The scene of Pelennor Fields was great. I went to bed somewhere around 11 pm EDT listening to the awards. After awhile I joked around that RotK would win the category before the noms were announced. The only part I didn't like was the special for RotK. It was very short compared to the others. Any way, it was great. When they announced the noms for Best Visual Effects, it showed the Mumikil charge, possibly the greatest scene ever. It sucks that the actors didn't get nominated, so my Mon said something about a new category call Best Ensemble since no one charater was good, but together they were great.

Isilcal
YES!big grin

mors823
Yes to what?

Discos
I frequently use that word on msn, I also noticed that Ash used the word alot in our first ever convo on msn today

Discos - I know...its a crazy world

pipschick
I taped the whole thing, and when it came to the last award, the most important one in my opinion LOTR, my video turned off, just as the cast got on stage, the tape had come to the end, so i missed the speach mad

Kitoky
Thanks AD! big grin

A.D. Skinner
You are welcome Kit ! It was my pleasure

OrliNElijahsGrl
ROTK winning all 11 awards they were nominated for was absoulutly incredible and well deserved, ROTK deserved to win all 11 of those awards because peter jackson, the cast, and everyone involved worked so extremely hard on it, to make it such a brilliant movie, to make such a brilliant trilogy, and for them to win all 11 awards they were nominated for is just incredible! I was soooooo freaking happy, i was screaming and cheering and clapping, it was the most happiest night ever!!! Oh my god words cant even describe the excitement, i am sooo happy and so proud of them for making such a awesome trilogy, for winning all 11 awards, for all the hard work, oh my god..i am still full of excitement from lastnight, it was just a brilliant academy awards and lord of the rings kicked ass lastnight and i am just full of excitement that they won all 11 awards and set a record for being the first to win all academy awards nominated, and also....THIS IS THE FIRST FANTASY FILM THAT A ACADEMY AWARD HAS BEEN GIVEN TO!! Am I right?!!!!! WOOOHOOO! this is just incredible, i am sooo proud of them! I couldnt sleep after because i was soo thrilled that they won all 11 awards, and today at work was all i talked about to people! AHHHHHH

CONGRATULATIONS LORD OF THE RINGS FOR WINNING ALL 11 ACADEMY AWARD! WE ARE ALL SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was just brilliant lastnight!!!! I kept telling my mom during commercials that lord of the rings was kicking butt so far on the academy awards and that they have won every nomination so far!! Ohh and a quick note: How incredible was annie lennox performing "Into the West"?! that was just mind boggling! I couldnt help but start crying though, that song always brings me to tears, and i just had this flash in my mind of all these lotr moments, and it made me cry! She did a stunning performance and im so proud of her for winning an award for that song! And the scenes from ROTK they showed were absoulutly awesome! The bowing to the hobbits scene!! I was hoping they would show that! I started crying seeing it though, i love that scene!

WOW im making this super long, but im sooo excited still, i cant help it, and i must point out...i was sad that johnny depp didnt win best actor...i was very sad :-( He looked so gorgous!!

And i must say the entire lotr cast looked very incredible! Very incredible

Okay ill stop now but im so excited i could go on but ill spare you the longness of this post!

WOOOOO GO LOTR!!!

Thorondor
my god thats a long post lol

well written stick out tongue

BILLY CHRYSTALS INTRO W000000T big grin

OrliNElijahsGrl
LOL! thanks!!!

Sorry if it was too long but i was soooooooooo excited, hehehehe!!

WOOOOOOOO GOOOOOO LOTR!!!!!

ash007
indeed

Thorondor
hehe indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed indeed stick out tongue

shadowy_blue
ROTK won and it deserved each and every one of its nominations. But not because the academy owed them something for the past 2 movies but simply because it was one of the best movies made ever. This is one of the particular cases in which a movie in general and its history is greater than the actors in the movie. I think it's what it deserved. I thought that the tough categories were best picture, best adapted screenplay and best original song. I was so ecstatic when they won. big grin

vishal2004
pipin suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss smile smile

vishal2004
ohh nice signature shadowy

Kitoky
Excuse me?

Hania
Wow, I'm really late on this, but
congratualtions to PJ and all involved with the Lord of the Rings!!! Wow, 11 OSCARS! I watched the show, and was just amazed. The entire show was great, and true, many were glad, especially the Canadians , that Lord of the Rings was not up for the foriegn film oscar! Wow (again). It was so amazing lokking at the cast of Lord of the Rings every time they won an award, it couldn't be more exciting! But, they truly deserved the awards they recieved, and I would like to thank the academy for honoring them.

pipschick
Just what i was thinking! Pippin does not suck, he's cute, he's a hobbit, he's fun, he's just , well, PIPPIN!!! big grin

azszhz
i'm so happy cuz Rotk won all its nominations but i missed them on the red carpet so... that was sorta sad

well not really but how cares

samIam
yeah me too

pipschick
I saw the odd bit of Dom, Billy, Elijah, and Sean on the red carpet, talking to a presenter, I only managed to get the end bit though, just as they are waving at the camera, and smiling mad
But still lovely to get a glimse of them big grin

Discos
Discos - reminds me of a certain "cheeny" insident huh Kit?

Kitoky
Yeah....it does...

fini
yeahhhhhhhh for ROTK ( yeah its the first time me been online since the OScars). 11/11, wow oh wow oh wow. Great going guys. YOu won FAR MORE that i could have ever hoped . poor other movies, they didn't stand a chance

azszhz
i may never forget that day my on the floor as close to the tv as possible my sister in the backround praying lotr loses her bloody pulp on the floor during the comercials
it was a good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.