How are you going to celebrate episode 3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mortanius
This is kind of sad (guess it depends on your point of view, though.) But I'm actually gonna try to make plans for when I do see the last star wars movie. No, I'm not gonna dress up in a costume or anything, but I'm taking one of my friends with us that lives about 60 miles away and we'll be seeing it in another city. I'm planning on dining out and all sorts of other stuff. What are you guys gonna do?

moonwalker741
thats prety cool

yeh of course, its the last starwars! i meen c'mon!

im just going to watch it with my friends, then thats it...

wolfdraven
I'm just planning to see the very first screening of the film and that's about it. As for wearing anything special for the occasion. I'm not planning on wearing any costume but just probably wearing an ep 3 shirt and my regular jeans with my regular combat boots.

Jedi Priestess
Meh I'll probably go watch it at the theater at lest 4 times......then sit around dying until the dvd comes out unless I find an alternate means to obtain ..... oops never mind. big grin

guiro72
you'll still buy the dvd.....

Jedi Priestess
COURSE

nigeyo2000
ill have to go watch it on my own as my girlfriend HATES Star Wars with a passion (s'ok i got my own back as i HATE Tv sitcom Friends and made her miss the last episode !!)

anyway, no, really im off to see it with a few programmers i work with(thats all we talk at work) so maybe to a pub first and afterwards hours of critice mixed with a few cumberwell carrots !

Ken Benobi
I'm sure we'll make a big night of it, whether it ends up being my family and I or my friends, or both. I guess I might be a little careful how and when I choose to see it though, as(from what has already been mentioned in some of these threads before) when I saw Episode II in the theater, the fans just about ruined the Yoda vs Dooku scene. I wondered if they were going to turn on their own lightsabers and have a dual of their own there in the theater lol.

Mortanius
You must have seen episode 2 the day it came out.

Ken Benobi
yeah- maybe I'll wait a day or two, but then there is a problem with some knotheads who think it's cool to repeat the lines during the movie, after they've seen it once or twice, in which case one hopes the theater personnel do their job and wipe them out.....all of them.

Viper
I'll go see it with some buddies a few days after it comes out.

That's about it...

darktim1
I always go on opening day sometimes I go to all three screenings that day it opens hopefully when I go that I won't lose my seat this time I know it's funny but it is true I could'nt find my way back to my seat on the opening day of episode2 attack of the clones.Night before probibley watch the others and then try before to collect all the posters that will be comming out so those are my plans who is going to celebration 3 because I heard it is going to be great.for now may force be with you.

Mortanius
Where do you live, dude? You must be surrounded by morons.

PVS
all i know is i'm gonna catch the midnight show and take the day off from work to recover

darktim1
I live in the united states and most of my friends are gone to iraq so they won't be here for opening ep3 oh yeah I live in new Mexico.

smoker4
I'll watch it twice then sluk till i get the dvd!

darth_surgent
I've never done anything particularly special at the release of Star Wars movies, but this time things could be different. If this is truly the end, then I will plan an appropriate send-off for the series.

Spiderdrew8
I'm gonna go see the midnight show with my girlfriend and my brother. And eat at Olive Garden(because we're Italian)

The Ones
im going to see it once and if its good ill sneak out of my house, catch about 20 buses and camp inside the cinema with 2000 tickets

Hayden'sgurl
In all i'll probably see it like 8 times-I might see it with some friends like the 2nd time

Sith Master X
I'll probably see it a good 3-4 times at the theater, but the when the release date comes and It's time to see SW, my celebration will be taking the day off from school.

§pearhead
I will pick my nose at an accelerated rate, of course happy

KIDDING shock jeez stick out tongue

whattaya think I'll do, sit around and not watch it? stick out tongue I thought that part was clear big grin

smoker4
Lets all go together on my magic bus!! smokin'

Jedi Priestess
would that be the short bus? eek! left yourself wide open ya did!

smoker4
laughing

sithsaber408
I took my mom, sister, and little brother for the last two, on opening day.

We even call into school to get the little bastard out, and I stand in line for, like 5 hours.(what's a big brother for?)

I'm moving out in sept. getting married in oct. and I'll have turned 22 by the time it comes out.(My b-day is in Feb.)

My wife is going to buy me, for my birthday,the vader jersey that they have on swshop.com, it's a long sleeve black one, like a 50's college football jersey, with elbow pad type things sown in.

Me and her will drive from sacramento to san jose(Killa cali is the state..MURDA) to watch it with my family, and go eat afterwords to talk about how star wars is the greatest movie series of all time.

with my new vader jersey on of course. big grin smokin' rolling on floor laughing

Mortanius
Damn dude, you really have this planned.

cavola
Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope - May 25, 1977
Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back - May 21, 1980
Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi - May 25, 1983
Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace - May 19, 1999
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones - May 16, 2002

You would think that just once he could aim for May the 4th!

Mortanius
I just thought about something. What will WE as a message board community do to celebrate? Virtual party or what?

PVS
bump...i already gave my plans, what about everyone else?

guiro72
we as a message board?....erm, retire?.....i will see it in the cinema with my girl....hopefully my well conected friend will arrange tickets to the midnight showing again....otherwise i will go the next day.....that will be my celebration.....

i won't be in costume....

Boris
Erm.... go see it, maybe once, maybe twice... who knows.

captainmidnight
i'll see it on opening day,celebrate by coming to this site and chatting with you guys about the movie.........

Silver Stardust
I plan on going to the midnight showing, complete with costume (I'm doing Padme's Naboo retreat dress for SW Celebration the month before, and will probably wear it to see ROTS)...and hope that I don't have a morning class the next day big grin

Cowboyography
I am going to wait for the VHS copy to be in the 99cent section eek!

Cipher
VHS?!

eek!

PVS
<---hurls rotten tomato at coboyography *splat*

Cowboyography
OK I will go see it opening day, But I hate to give any more money to GL, he is alraedy a threat to himself and societ with the amount of money he has, and my 10-20 cents from my ticket sale that will end up in his pocket could be just the amount he needs to completely destroy a series I dearly love.

Xanatos
You give money to lucas every time you see a movie with THX sound.

PVS
good point

Creechuur
I'm actually more excited for the novelization...book

I just want to know what happens. I already know the film will look beautiful, I already know the acting will be questionable, and I already know I'll love every minute of it.

The book will have all the questions answered, will expound upon characters' thoughts and motivations (something thats sometimes confusing in the films since they seem over-edited/badly written IMO), and it comes out before the movie!

I don't really compare the story to the visuals as far as SW is concerned. They dont seem to apply to one another all that much. Besides, reading the story first can NEVER prepare you for the awesome visuals that the films always deliver.

I don't see reading the book first as spoiling anything, rather like preparing me for the convoluted story I'm going to have to sit through and try to peice together...which I guess is half the fun.

Darth_Nefarus
I and about 20 people I know are going to camp at our local movie theatre and wait for it. It is going to be exremely amazing. We did it for episode 2, missing several days of school. There's a park behind the theatre with a huge hill and we had a jedi king of the mountain with boffing sword. It was truly killer.

darktim1
you got guts Darth Nefarus I hope you have good time with your friends in the line me I'm just going to wait for opening day.

Lyn
The most I'll probably get to do is watch the other movies prior to seeing EpIII, which I will see with my family. That means, it's basically up to my Dad when we get to see it.

Gangularis
I don't know what i'll do yet..

but i hope it involves sex and wearing that kickass revenge of the sith t-shirt. before and after the movie... and then i'll go see the movie agian.

guiro72
good point lyn....yeah, watching ep I and II before, and the ot afterwards when i get home (at least within the following week)....on dvd!....oh yeah....

by the way, is the ot boxset limited edition in the states and elsewhere?....i thought that was just a stupid false rumour, but it's official now....fox will apparently delete it before christmas.....

Darth_Nefarus
Darktim, guts? Not really. The theatre enjoyed it because it was great publicity. We had a projector in the back and we were watching episode 1, and then a cop pulled up and gave us snacks. He told us all about how he loved star wars and how he was getting time off to watch it. The next night, a police car with a stormtrooper at the wheel came into the theatre. One of the greatest moments in star wars geek history.

guiro72
why am i suddenly very, very afraid?.....

PVS
...after which everyone at the theater was disintegrated, and the cops covered the scene with gaffi sticks and bantha tracks.

guiro72
yeah, that's why i was afraid....a cop whose secret wish is to be a stormtrooper working for the empire....the thought of him actually having a full suit at his house seems pretty weird as well....kinda silence of the lambs.....also funny that he just happened to have a whole load of spare snacks on him at the time.....ah, stereotypes, where would we be without ya....

DesertFOX311
im probably gonna smoke a lot of dope using my bongsaver and watch it....

guiro72
what is bongsaver?.....i thought it best not to mention this part of my epIII viewing plans.....but now that there's a bongsaver involved.....

DesertFOX311
OMG.....you must be on somethin......bong + lightsaver - light = bongsaver....

DesertFOX311
no offense

guiro72
it's a lightSABRE....i hope you brought enough for everyone....

guiro72
joint in the carpark for me....

PVS
lightsaver...

damn that guys stoned

well, i hope he will share stick out tongue

darktim1
cool.

Freakin' Jedi
I'm not sure if there will be a reason to celebrate. I hope so, but... well.... I'm not sure if ROTS will be as good as we hope.

Boris
Its lightsaber!

captainmidnight
big grin nope.....its bongsaver eek!

guiro72
i'm wondering what a bongsaver duel would be like myself....

Thirst
well duh! im gonna watch the movie

Lizziegirl
I'm probably going to try and get tickets to the midnigth showing, but if that doesn't work, I'll just try for the very first avaliable one with whoever would want to go with me. I don't have any Star Wars friendssmile Sorry, I'm not very original...

Darth_Duffy
me niether, im kinda a 'closet' star wars fan, it has a kinda 'geeky' imagine over here in England for some reason. Obviously from people who've neva seen the movies.

Jedi Priestess
My oldest daughter and I have been dying for this movie.....so we have a standing commitment (which we've had since EP2) to see it together we wont be dressing up, but we will be killing any idiot within 20 feet of us that decides to yap during the movie.

guiro72
it's gonna be kinda a bit like an episode of gilmore girls.........

a bit........

kinda..........

blink

(ohmygod, i am in so much trouble).......

Furius
I recommend getting a job in a cinema because with all big releases they "have to" check the prints before they show them to the general public, therefore staff are doing their duty to watch the films before their release, (probably no more than 24 hours before its release date in this instance) oh and for free, in a totally empty cinema. a perk indeed.

Darth_Nefarus
I'm doing the same thing, trying to get a job at the theatre so I can see it before everyone else. But I'm still sleeping outside the theatre because it's too much fun.

GCG
how to celebrate .......hmmm...

i dont sleep outside theatres cause my brother has a part-time job as an usher so i can get the tickets before hand.

i dont know what is meant by celebration cause all this hype will climax at the credits of the movie.

Quendiñoldo
Already did. evil face

Mace Skywalker
I'm gonna buy a green lightsaber.

captainmidnight
i'll see it on opening day,have a lightsabre duel with my shadow,then see it again....

jedijunky1138
I'm gonna watch Ep 1 & 2 then see the movie, then go home and watch the OT. Thats a lot of movie watchin!

shadow225588
ya im thinking about watching EP 1 a day before the 3 one comes out then watching EP2 before i go to see it but im going to see it the day it comes out like a 7:00 P.M. showing or something like that. I did the when i saw the first and second ones. Then i might wanna see it again like maybe 2 weeks later. Then wait for the LAST time for a new star wars DVD (unless there will be a newer version)

Gangularis
you know what i'm doin?

i'm growin an F'n beard like obi-wan. who's with me?? lets help obi-wan bring back the beard!!

seriously though.. i swear i'm going to grow a beard like obi's for this movie.

Mortanius
I might have to change my plans. The friend of mine I was going with may have a loss in his family this year and I don't think even SW will cheer him up. sad

Xam
ima be with all of yall,rigth here on KMC!

dew4man
well, im skipping class and bringing my ep 3 tshirt and my darth vader lightsaber..how couldnt i?

Mortanius
If I don't ask for the day off, I'll probably call in sick.

LandoSpeeder2
What am I going to do to celebrate episode III? Well, see the movie of course.

Morning_Glory
I wont celebrateno expression

zavin
I'll go to the cinema and see it, then again, and again.
But i would be fabulous if they could show the whole saga. i think Episode III will change the way we see Episode IV, V and VI.

smoker4
beer beer beer

LandoSpeeder2
drunk

Ben-Kenobi
Me takeing my brand new anakin/luke skywalker fx lightsaber and sliceing all of the cinema workers in half like darth maul

bilbofett
Hmmmm, think I'll go see the movie..... laughing

Xam
hehe ima get that ligthsaber!!!big grin plus obi1 ANH one and the sidious one also!

Xam
i think episode III is gonna change the way i see alot of things!

smoker4
I'll grow an obi beard!

darth eddie
Ill probably end up tryin to get in for the midnight showing then sleep in the same seat and wait for the next showing

CBright7831
By wishing I had never read the movie spoilers.

Mortanius
Well, it's almost time. I have my itinerary, music to drive to, tickets, lunch money, videocam, backup plan in case anything goes wrong, and backup backup plan incase the the first one gets botched. Yeah, I know, the whole situation is sad.....but what the HELL it's STAR WARS!

Alatopel
I'm doing my best to get permission to go to the midnight showing, as well as having a Star Wars party for an entire weekend before. Two days of the SWRPG, Battlefront, Starfighter, and the OT, and possible AotC.

DeVi| D0do
I am going to go see the movie... that's enough of a celebration aint it?

macgeek2005
I'm going to see Episode III as many times as I can. Hopefully 5 times a week. Untill it leavs the theater here.

DeVi| D0do
riiiiight... *slowly backs out of thread*

Darth Mantis
I'm going to watch episode III on may 19th. Then afterwards play Star wars revenge of the jedi the game for the whole day.

Morning_Glory
Im going to wear my pink princess leia shirt -to the movie - Ive been wearing it since Return of the Jedi came out- and dont know what I will do after that...

I already have my tickets! eek!

Darth Mantis
Nice.

umraan
just going to watch it until i have EVERY line memorized!! YAY 100TH POST!

DeadStar
im going to watch it at 12:30 in the morning then at 22:30 the next day then download it =)

Knowone
hm..............maybe get a little drunk, then down it the next day

ickeris2003
what im gonna do is learn and join the dark side of the force. I will become a sith until the movie comes out. then will the dark side be complete mwahahahahaha evil face

Darth Dean
I will be growing my hair long like Anakin's and over that I will wear my Vader helmet to the theater @ midnight. That's true devotion if you dress up.

Darth_Janus
I'm celebrating Episode III by being disappointed ahead of time. That way, I'll either get what I expect or come away surprised.

That and I'm practising my saber skills so I can dominate and get a good spot farther up in line.

Darth Mantis
Actually that is an excellent philosophy.

GreatJediKnight
It involves whipped cream and thats all im saying...LOL

astrofan428
I am going to run down the street naked screaming"Why I am I running down the street naked?" When I get home and get dressed, and clean the garbage off myself that people threw. I will sit here at the computer and tell all of you"I just ran down the street naked!!! Oh, and ROTS rocks!!!"

That is my schedule for May 19th.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.