Halloween..Fun for kids OR Satanism in the making?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
As my children have grown up I have seen Halloween parties at school become completely non-existant. Now we have "fall festival". WHY? Because the "religious" peeps in the district decided it was all the work of Satan. Halloween is dressing up and going out and snagging a bagfull of candy. PERIOD. At least in my mind. Its my opinion that these peeps should have just left their kid at HOME if they didnt want them to participate. Why do the beliefs of the "few" seem to be foistedoff on the many now a days?

BackFire
Holy shit, I am hugely upset by the lack of trick or treaters ever year. Me and my friends are always really into halloween, and we make out house into a little haunted house of sorts. It's become popular with the kids that do go trick or treating. However, that number dwindles every year.

People seem to fear everything about Halloween, silly religious nuts take away their kids right to free candy and what would be one of the most memorable and cherished memory of children, trick or treating with their friends, simply because they think "it's evil". Plus other peopled are scared that their kids will get poisoned or kidnapped while trick or treating. It's all so silly, and quite sad.

Halloween is not evil, it is not bad. It is good, wholesome fun for children. They get to dress up, get free candy, and spend the night with their friends walking around. I think anyone who claims halloween is evil needs to get reaquanted with the business end of my fist. You're takign away one of the most enjoyable experiences your children will have. You people are bad parents.

I agree that it's ridiculous that now using the word "halloween" actually offends some people. As does participating in it. I have a major problem with people who don't mind their own business, and complain when a school does a Halloween festival or whatever.

I remember growing up, the streets were filled with trick or treaters. Now, there are barely any. And fewer and frewer come every year. It's very sad that one of the best childhood traditions out there is becoming extinct.

The Omega
Woaw. First evolution gets it over there... Now Halloween.
Well, I suppose the fundamentalists don't like Halloween as it was originally some pagan festival - something about the veil between this world and the spirit-world being thin...

Oh - well.

BF> Are you SERIOUS?!?!? Will some people get offended at the use of the word Halloween?
(Considers sticking it in signature!)

BackFire
Yes, if a school as a "halloween festival", some people will complain that it has the word "halloween" in it.

Linkalicious
THANK GOD, there's someone from Huntington Beach that can agree with me on this one.

I'm a 21 year old adult now, but when I was 10 years old, Halloween was the night of nights for me. Me and my friends would go trick or treating from the time the sun went down, until midnight.

We would have 2 or usualy 3 pillow cases (not weak ass pales and platic bags) completely full of candy. We smashed pumpkins, cut across lawns....we did it all, in the fun of Halloween.

This year, i had 8....8 Trick-or-Treaters. Everyone of them had their parent's chaparone, and everyone of them showed up before the sun went down. I used to set off in bigger groups than that, and that was just my friends. There used to be hundreds and hundreds of kids.

A lot of parents claim that they are afraid of sicko's and rapists on Halloween. Well guess what mom and dad.....they were around when I was a kid too. The only thing was, i was smart enough to travel in a group of 5+ when i was young. As I got older less and less people showed up with me.

BackFire
Yeah, it's very pathetic to see such a low number of trick or treaters. We get more then 8...I think we got around 30 this last year, and that was on a Friday night. I'm hoping this year we will get more because it falls on a Saturday, but I doubt it.

Another thing that's sad, because of the fewer and fewer number of trick or treaters going out on halloween, there are now fewer and fewer houses participating and giving out candy. It's a horrible double edged blade. At this rate, we will get no trick or treaters in about 10 years. Halloween will be extinct, and that is absolutely horrible.

I, like Link, have fond memories of halloween, both trick or treating and just staying at home and trying to make it fun for the trcik or treaters. I find it very sad that so many children won't get to have those memories because of thier bad parents.

Linkalicious
seriously...i'm not from a rich family.

But last year, we were giving out a normal sized bag of skittles and a king size Snickers....to everyone that came to our house.

I used to think only the rich Newport folks gave out those good...

Fiery Eyes
Here's my thoughts hehe
I've always viewed Halloween that same as JP. We use to (i say use to cuz our kids are older now) to drag are kids from block to block to get candy, they were like, we're ready to go home now LOL and WE are like, hang on we got another block or 2 to go LOL laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing thats sad huhhh to drag your kids to go trick or treating, hey it's FREE candy big grin

Anyways it wasn't until a few years ago, that i realize where Halloween originated from. Satans B-day, Maybe you've heard that, but i NEVER did growing up, ever, and i've be in church nearly my whole life. anyways...I know alot of people are against that day, I do know that alot of crazy people DO come out that nite, there's a lot of Satanic rituals held on that nite, they poison candy.....thats why before your kid eats it you have to check it cuzzzzzzzz of the crazy people in this world. I do believe it originate to be evil. BUT.......I thk it's the motive you have in Halloween, to me it's getting FREE candy woohoooooooooooooooooooooo i see nothing wrng w/that at all. Now if you have evil motives in halloween thats a diff story.

BackFire
Actually, you may be interested to hear that only 2 kids have died from trick or treat candy in the last 45 years. And both of those were intentionally killed by family members.

Bowling for Columbine is good for something after all. After hearing this in that movie, I checked up on it myself and it's true. Anyways, most fears of poisoned halloween candy can be easily remidied. Just don't take homemade candy and such.

Fiery Eyes
TRue. IT is the known nite that the crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyysssssssssssss come out tho and satanic rituals. but to me it's freeee candy lol

yerssot
the christians took almost every pagan holiday over messed

Fire
true, they slightly adapted their calendar, the romans had it nicely figured out

KidRock
I agree with BF. Halloween seems to be slowly diminishing away. sad really is sad.

Viper
Sheesh, talk about going overboard

Fire
idd Viper, good thing in Belgium they still celebrate 3 kings day (altho not as fanatic as they used to)

Jedi Priestess
I'm glad to know everyone who voted thinks its a kids day. Halloween is my FAVORITE holiday over Christmas even. BF I get all dresed up for Halloween to open the door for the kiddies. And it IS sad to see the numbers dwindle more and more every year. However, peeps in my town just basically go hit all the well to do neighborhoods. Those are flooded with kids every year from all parts of town. My favorite thing tho is to scare the living HELL eek! out of the older kids who are too old to trick or treat! LOL

BackFire
Well, there aren't really that many wackos going around doing satanic rituals. If there are, they're doing it in their home not bothering anyone, so no big deal. As long as parents take precautions, their kids are perfectly safe.

SlipknoT
Anyone who thinks Halloween is Satanism in the making needs a swift kick in the nuts. A few years ago a church tried to ban Halloween in my town, and on the night before Halloween, a bunch of people egged the church. Theres this cool priest, who every year leaves candy out for the kids.

WindDancer
Nah! I don't think Halloween and Satanic nonsense are connected. Is all about costumes and candy. I used to dress up for Halloween every year, but that was a loooong time ago. Nowadays, I just stay home and watch tv.

I mean can you image a 28 year old guy (like me) knocking on you door dress up in some dumbass costume asking for candy? Heck, I would even smack myself for doing something so childish and silly.

§pearhead
right ^^ people who say halloween is satanistic are either religious zealots, or they're paranoid, overreacting folks...this is insane messed

and each year, less and less people come around...s'no fun no

JKozzy
Halloween is so much fun, for the kids to get their yearly loot of free candy, and for teens to just dress up in awesome costumes happy

This year, a few of my friends and myself are contemplating on dressing up Kill Bill style and just walking around town... you can't do that every day laughing out loud

Halloween isn't satanic in the least --- but people are probably scared of their kids being abducted or harmed.... so gee, how about you *gasp* go with them! Don't neglect your children and they'll be perfectly safe! Is it really so hard to take an hour or two and follow in your car, or walk with them? Fear is probably also another big factor in decreased halloween numbers

erm

SlipknoT
It also seems like more and more houses arnt participating. theres this tailgate thing where I live and you go to the cars and take candy. Me and my friends will just put on a hat and dump the baskets into pillow cases and leave. I got a pillow case and A half last year

Darth Revan
I already mentioned this in another thread, but in the school district where my mom works, they banned having any sort of Halloween festivities... You can't even wear a costume anymore.

Anyways... Yeah, it's extremely stupid. Halloween started as a pagan festifal, but that was centuries ago, it no longer has any religious meaning. It's less harmful than Christmas in my eyes. Halloween is just a fun thing that nobody should be prevented from doing because of what some religious nutcase says.

SlipknoT
Halloween is probably my 2nd favorite holiday. If I didnt get presnts for Christmas, Halloween would be number 1.

shellie
the year Halloween ends will be a sad year indeed . its an all out fun night for children and adults alike .

my 12 yr old daughter already has her costume planned for this year and has been set on this idea since last Halloween . she's can hardly wait till October gets here so she can mark off the days so to speak .

eek! she's gonna be Santa Clause...

Shadow_King
its the embodiemnt of satan. i have never gone tick or treating.

Darth Revan
Are you serious dude? blink

Shadow_King
the first part no and second part yes

Darth Revan
Oh... Well why haven't you ever gone trick or treating? Used to be my favorite night of the year when I was younger yes

Shadow_King
well first off my parents were to cheap to buy costumes second i dunno i could never find a costume i actually liked.

Darth Revan
I see.

Shadow_King
the only thing i even do at halloween is give out candy.

SlipknoT
But it's Halloween. And you could just put on a hat and say thats your cosum, they would have still given you candy.

Shadow_King
W/E i am now too old to T or T.

Fiery Eyes
Thats true, they don't do the rituals in the middle of the streets LOL big grin and I thk parents shld be w/their kids trick or treating, then you will no worries.

vaya_the_elf
Halloween I think is one of my favorite holidays.. I love dressing up.. and I can still pass as 14 year old .. so i can still get candy when I take my sister out ... Plus their is hunted houses ... and fun things like that
So I think Halloween is just a fun day.. dont think its bad or anything like that.. .in fact I hope we will always have halloween.

Into the Void
The only Halloween memories I have are of my mother yelling at the trick or treaters to go away. I wanted to go out, but my mother never let me. sad

Shadow_King
same here but my dad then posted a sign at the front door that said GO AWAY NO CANDY!. and it worked but some times pp still knocked on our door.

SlipknoT
Thats horribal, why wouldnt she let you go out?

BackFire
I agree, at least when they're young. But after a while I think allowing them to go out with a large group of friends is perfectly fine.

BackFire
Both of the above posters just help prove my theory - Any parents that don't allow their kids to go trick or treating = Bad Parents.

Fiery Eyes
well...LOL i was 9 mon pregnant 3 days away from my due date. We are shopping and i'm like, lets go to the Haunted House, they let me in hehehehe the next day i had him.

Darth Revan
Where'd you hear that? blink It's not Satan's birthday, it just came from a pagan festival. From the World Book encyclopedia:

"Halloween developed from an ancient pagan festival celebrated by Celtic people over 2,000 years ago in the area that is now the United Kingdom, Ireland, and northwestern France. The festival was called Samhain (pronounced SOW ehn), which means "summer's end." The festival marked the beginning of the dark winter season and was celebrated around November 1. In the 800's, the Christian church established a new holiday, All Saints' Day, on this date. All Saints' Day was also called All Hallows'. Hallow means saint, or one who is holy. The evening before All Hallows' was known as All Hallows' Eve, or as it came to be abbreviated, All Hallow e'en. This name was eventually shortened to Halloween."

Tptmanno1
Nice,
But there is one good thing about less trick or treaters.
Morecandy for me, the passer-outter!

Fire
I heard the same DR

yerssot
DR... probably because it's not an "original" holiday... like all the others wink

Fiery Eyes
SEE Darth Raven, Fire heard the same thing.

Fiery Eyes
Ok here is a site that says it's Satans b-day, there's tons of site that say it is, then there's sites that say it's not.

http://members.aol.com/RichClark7/rev/exsatan.htm
http://www.websamba.com/Angelsafrika/Youth%20homepage.htm
http://www.darkecho.com/darkecho/darkthot/halloween.html
http://home.computer.net/~cya/cy00116.html

Fiery Eyes
The very last link i put there, at the end of that story has a lot more links to other storys.

Darth Revan
Err... I don't know about everybody else, but personally, I trust World Book, a reasonably respected organization which I find reliable the great majority of the time, over anything on the internet. Especially a bunch of paranoid nutcase's websites.

ragesRemorse
I have to agree with Bf. what happend to the love of halloween. I know when i was young ,Halloween was a celerbration. I mean every other house participated in giveing out treats, and the night was packed with fellow trick or treaters. sure every ounce in a while you may hear about some kids who got beat up, or the myths about razor blades in candy, but this of course was all myths. The fact of razor blades in candy still remains a myth.

As i grew older i stopped trik or treating for a while, and noticed it was a dieing tradition around where i lived. I moved down to south carolina. This neighbor hood prohibited tric or treating all together. I moved back to P.A. I see it is still a tradition that doesnt offer many participants. Houses dont even turn lights on for the trick or treaters any more. the city makes curfuw laws. That trick or treating starts at 5 and ends at 8. What is that shit? I mean when did there ever be a time limit. Ok midnight may be late to keep going from house to house, but we would go far into the night, take breaks and then continue, hitting streets miles from our house

even the attempt kids put into dressing up has become pathetic Man we would eigther go all out, or be stupid and go as sothing like a paper bag. As i grew older, my friends and i would have fun with the young trick or treaters and scare them. Not in a traumatizing way, but in a fun horrifying way. My brother as many other houses would decorate the hell out of the pourch, and scare the shit out of kids. Now unfortunately many communities, and cities have protested the fun of halloween and write laws off as watching out for the kids. These ass holes need to take the stick out of there ass and let kids have fun again. Anyone who believes halloween is the embodiement of evil needs to be whipped with a razor blade studded belt, because your fu*ckin crazy and take fun away from other people who do not think this way.

Darth Revan
Somehow my town has managed to keep that mentality yes

I went out with my sister last year (to a different neighborhood though 'cos ours is a lot of old people messed) and there were people who had haunted houses, people who were scaring the kids like you described, etc etc. I never really realized it was such a problem other places.

Papaumau
Darth....

The kids love to dress-up and they love the thrill of being scared and I think that - and the fact that they get free sweets - makes them look forward to and enjoy Halloween.

Not a thing wrong with that as long as they are safe.

The Satanists like any other bunch of sicko's will hi-jack any date or event to become one of their "holy" days so it is not unexpected that they would try to take "All Hallows" to be their own as well.

We in Scotland still follow the halloween tradition but we see the term Halloween as meaning hollow eyes, ( like the eyes of a skull ) and we sometimes call the event "Hunty Gowk" as during the Halloween party we dunk for apples, ( "gowks" ) in a bath of water and the adults AND the kids try to eat large and sticky treacle scones hanging from the roof on strings. Very messy but great fun.

These innocent traditions are part and parcel of growing up in Scotland.

One thing that has started to creep in here that is a bit less desirable is the fact that our Guy-Fawks night comes soon after Halloween and many of the kids try to do the "penny-for-the-guy" thing at the same time as Halloween so that they can buy fireworks with it. Sadly there is unscroupulous people that will still sell fireworks to kids here - with often disastrous consequences !

jakegittes
Halloween is consumer America. Disgusting.

§nakehead
Holloween is NOT the embodiment of satan

Tex
For the past two years I haven't had any trick or treaters come knocking on my door.

They're afraid the Bush administration will send then to Guantanamo Bay! laughing out loud

§nakehead
Or maybe you scare the little children tex?

Papaumau
Sorry folks....The wife was looking over my shoulder when I wrote that bit about "Hunty Gowk" and she quite-correctly corrected me by saying that in Scotland, ( Leith ), Hunty Gowk is actually April Fools day, NOT Halloween !

Can't get it right all of the time !

So I told her...."Nobody loves a smartass" ! laughing

JKozzy
yes

Fiery Eyes
You asked where i got that from or heard it from and Fire had also heard so, was just showing you that people do believe that and say that. smile

Fire
FE I agreed with DR not you.

Fiery Eyes
so you've never heard people call halloween Satans b-day?

Fire
no I've never heard that, all I heard and learned about Halloween is that it was a pagan (to be correct a celtic) holiday from Ireland which was the romans added to the christian calendar.

Fiery Eyes
i misuderstood, was thinking you heard the same thing, NOT that you agreed but that you had heard that before.

Fire
nah, never heard anything like that before heck I didn't even Satan had a Bday who makes up that stuff

Fiery Eyes
ok, well i had never heard that before either until a few years ago and i grew up in church.

Fire
I still doubt that's the origin of halloween, the pagan holiday sounds a lot more believable

ragesRemorse
You know if you want to get caught up on the whole peaganistic thing on halloween. Christmas was a peaganistic celerbration day, but the churches chose to have the celebration of chirsts b-day on this day to cover up the fact of the peaganism. I really think whoever is referring to Halloween as an evil holiday need to do some research on it. It is a fun tradition that only a select few goth's and or nut job's utilize the day to praise evil holy spirits, but the thing about this is, that these ass nuts praise the same invisible evil spirit the rest of the year. It is just intensified on halloween.

Fire
I know rage

Fiery Eyes
I haven't read any post yet, that was against this day on this thread, but i could have missed some hehehe

Moo Cow
thats stupid people thinking that halloween is an act of satanism. It really is just sad. I mean my mom is pretty relgious and she wouldnt let me dress up as the devil or be a grim reaper for haloween, but she doesnt think that it is a holiday of the devil messed
We alctually got quite a few trick or treaters last year but the majority of our town is protostant or aitheist, and neither of them really have a problem with halloween, but they all call their parties, the fall festival, i dont know why.

silver_tears
I'm really disappointed in the amount of people who celebrate Halloween nowadays, it kinda breaks your heart sad
Some of the fondest memories I have of my early childhood was going out, dressing up at a friends, collecting candy, and then picking out all the good stuff embarrasment
I remember that on almost every street in the rich neighbourhoods there was at least one haunted house with all the works, and that at school we would have contests for costumes and such.

Don't get me wrong, in my old primary school, they still do all that yes
Except nowadays less and less children appear at the door, and the ones that do go out before 8 pm erm

Maybe it's my neighbourhood, the children around here grew up with me, and all that's left nowadays are the parents or grandparents, not many children left to go around sad

If anything, when I grow up, I will go all out for any children I may have, I want them to experience the Halloween in movies, like Hocus Pocus love

Darth Revan
But this isn't like religion where it's a matter of opinion... This is just history, it's fact. Nobody debates about whether or not the American Civil War actually happened...

Fiery Eyes
Well, i haven't studied it to know if it's a fact or not or where it came from, just know that i've heard it being said and even found sites about it. So, it may can be proven if one studys it out...

Darth Revan
As I said before, until I find a reliable source telling me that Halloween started as Satan's birthday, I won't believe it. I don't care how many ordinary people say that, because lots of ordinary people also do stupid things like buy Britney Spears records yes

Fiery Eyes
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Silver Stardust
DR, you're awesome...laughing out loud

I love Halloween...I always did as a kid, and as I've gotten older it's been even more fun for me yes I'm 18 and I still dress up and trick or treat, and since I've learned to sew, I've made my costumes the past few years, in fact last year I wore two different costumes, one to school and one out at night, and I'm already working on this year's costume. Last year, though, I didn't go out trick or treating until about 8 pm (due to the fact that it took me nearly two hours to switch costumes), so I also passed out candy...and seriously, in the two hours I was doing candy duty only about 15 kids came to the door. And I live in a neighborhood with a lot of kids. I dunno why, since there's not really any religious nutjobs in my area, but there wasn't too many people out. If parents are so concerned about their kids, then the parents should go out with them. My mom wouldn't let us go trick or treating by ourselves (or should I say, without her with us) until we turned 10. And there really isn't many older kids (like teens) trick or treating, either...I don't know if they think they're too old or what, but I believe that you're never too old for Halloween big grin Between trick or treating and parties, I'm usually out all night on Halloween. It's definitely one of my favorite holidays.

DemonicGambit-2
laughing I can't help but laugh at this. How on earth can a person think Halloween is evil? I think we're getting too politically correct for ourselves. -shakes head- I mean, 'fall festival'? You know what really gets me when people condemn halloween like that. Is that they dont' even know what some of the holidays really stand for. Does it really matter if Halloween was originally based off a celtic holiday. I mean take easter for example. Anyone know what's with the bunny and eggs? I can tell you this, it doesn't mean Jesus came down to earth in a rabbit suit and hid eggs. It's a pagan religion to promote furtility, but people don't talk about easter as an 'evil' holiday, because it isn't christen. Eh, Halloween is supposed to be nothing more then fun and games now. But there's people out there who can't see that, and need to pull a certain pole out of their a**, in my opinion

SaTsuJiN
as with many other topics of this nature, this is all in the perception of the individual, and heavy details of the specific halloween titled event. Say if the children went to a party with a bunch of anarchy and pentagrams (along with various dead chickens and goats), then perhaps you might find yourself a little worried if its bordering satanism.
Since this isnt the case (probably 99 to even 100% of the time), you can assume this is a time when the children can parade around as thier favorite prince/princess hero/villain and live out thier costume played fantasies for just a day , all while hording candy in the process.

Baylin
As I remember it All Hallows Eve or Halloween as it has become known was just a Celtic tradition that was supposed to celebrate when the dead we're able to come back as ghosts for one night every year to reunite and see living relatives, and vica versa - hence the reason its a celebration

I used to love going out on Halloween.
My kids do go out but I hate the fact that I have to be so careful because around where I live, older kids and teenagers go around in gangs, they attack any trick or treaters, smashing the pumpkins and stealing the sweets off the kids which really spoils it and p**ses me off!

finti
they trying to get Halloween started here in Norway like they do it in the States, it catches on a bit not too much thoug. And even if it was satanism in the making why shouldnt they get a holiday like chrisitan have their holidays.

Baylin
Fair point - ish... devil

The Omega
BF> Unbelivable! I think it's a little bit scary actually...

shellie
mad i just remembered something that happened last Halloween and it p*ssed me off .

when we came home after trick-or-treating with our kids , we checked through things to make sure everything looked safe enough .

i came across some little paper books that looked innoccent enough on the outside . the cover was animated .they were pictures of a cartoon version of Harry Potter . there was four different ones given to each of our 4 daughters . they looked like little Harry Potter comic books from the cover .

then i opened them and read ................

mad it began by given you a brief little story of a lonely little boy who when in times of desperation made up a story in his head about becoming a wizzard at Hogwarts and how it was fine for him to do that as long as he realizes that it was just make believe . it went on to say that being a with or wizzard or wanting to do so was wrong and would make you an evil person (yes it said that) . so not to by into the fantasy of magic or spells and being witches and wizzards..........

i remember the ladies face who gave them that cuz she gave them a pencil with it but i swear to you now if i had remembered where she lived .........

well , ill just say that she would be one less person to call me sweet .

that was low and underhanded to sneak something like that into a childs candy bag .

Mr.Snuggles
holy crap. we had 3 kids come to the door!

el-pirate
OMG, that's evil!! how can you give that to a kid?? sick people!!! mad

Clovie
we don't have it.

el-pirate
in holand thye don't have it either. i wish they had though, i'd have loved to go collect candy, dresses in a strange cosstume happy

Clovie
yeah i like the idea of dressed parties... erm

Ashley_05
Yeah I know what you mean I'm going to be 18 next month and I still TorT and so does a lot of ppl at my school who are in my grade, and I'm in 12th!!! We just think its fun and ppl give us free candy....What could be better then that!!!!!!!!

Oh and some Churches around here have a thing called "Trick Or Trunk" and a lot of ppl go to that. Its were they make the Trunks of there car/van/truck look all scary and stuff and they give you handfulls of candy at a time. The bags that they give you have a color on it and when they call of your color you get to get a prize. They have Donuts, Cider, PopCorn, Cotton Candy, and a lot of other stuff. And most of the ppl go to McDonalds be4 they go b/c its right across from the church.

plenTpak52
haha i was santa clause when i was twelve too, and i had that planned months in advanced as well. Tell me, does she like The Who? wink

Haloween is an amazing holiday. and my birthday is three days before, so i get a butt load of presents, then a butt load of candy!! what more can a kid ask for? This is the main reason i hate super-conservative people (ultra liberals are gay, too. Don't worry) KIDS DESERVE TO HAVE FUN. Not everyone wants to molest your child! Get over yourself, your kid isn't that attractive wink. Seriously though, i don't remember ever hearing about some kid getting poisoned by haloween candy EVER.

FuMonkeyChu
Well I am 28 years old & I still dress up every year...

I am also wiccan so I celebrate Samhain (which is on halloween) every year & I can tell you this it is NOT satan's B-Day.....

How can a fallen angel have a birthday anyway LOL!!!

rapmastad
holloweeen is about 2 things, one isnt one the list...

candy,
vandilism

those are my thoughts

ClaraG
halloween really has lost its true meaning. it's all hyped up as a big opportunity for kids to intake as much sugar as possible roll eyes (sarcastic)

rapmastad
shellie has a dark side??? *gasp*

well, ive heard of morons that said that harry potter was evil... do these people just sit at home and think of things to protest against? i mean harry potter! its a fuc*king childrens book!

Jedi Priestess
that IS its true meaning my dear yes

D-Double
This sh*t pisses me off more than counting carbs. Halloween has always been the coolest holiday. For religious nutz that seemed to like it years ago, to all of a sudden flip the script, is horse sh*t. I hold this holiday special because you can let loose and express your creativity at the same time. You can create a costume of what you think is cool and also see what others are interested in. Having fun while looking ridiculous. What could be better than that.
I trick or treated as a kid and had the time of my life. Now my mother won't let my little sister have the same fun. This sucks ass. If it's Satan's birthday, stop b*tch'n about it. Figure out what God's birthday is and have them dress up and get candy on that day.

LAME!!!! pirate

p.s. These are the same people that don't like zombie and vampire movies.
F*ck'n nerds!!!! geek

finti
hmm I dont like most of them cause they are sooooooo f*********ing bad.

And here in Norway we dont have a hsitory of celebrating halloween with the trick or treating, we have however boxing day(2. christmas day) to do that.

D-Double
^F*ck'n nerd!!!! geek

big grin Just kidding, Finti. You're the cat's ass, brutha. big grin

ragesRemorse
Around here they are having Halloween on Saturday, because Halloween is a day before school. Trick or treating will also be held from 4pm to 6pm. Now i am to old to go trick or treating and i probably shouldnt care, but i mean it isnt even dark between 4 and six. Shouldnt it be dark when you go trick or treating, not to mention Halloween? BUllshit...utter BULLSHIT.

D-Double
America has become paranoid and sissified. messed

Jackie Malfoy
I am not sure!I think it is really a candy hoiday.And it should be a day to honer who is dead.
Which in a way is about god and not of the devil.But I think it is manily for little kids who go dress up and get candy!
coughexcertformewhowantscandycough!There may be a site online that says when the first halloween started.If you find it let me know what it says!You got my attention!JM Happy Dance confused

Jedi Priestess
Unfortunately due to the growing number of sick F***S in this world its no longer safe to go trick or treating at night unless your parents take you.

myaktrustsnoone
Hah very true.

PVS
its all the work of SATAN!!!! REPENT SINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
Hah, someone in my town complained about how trick-or-treat hours will be from 12-7 instead of 3-7 (since it's on a Sunday)...she said that answering the door and passing out candy is tiring roll eyes (sarcastic) how pathetic is that.

Frankly, I can't wait for Sunday, since I am DEFINITELY going out trick or treating and then hopefully to a party afterwards.

Mr Parker
Yeah I know exactly what you mean Backfire.I also remember growing up how there were trick or treaters everywhere on the streets and now those numbers just seem to dwindle and dwindle.Man if parents are worried about their kids getting kidnapped simple solution is go with them or make sure they go in groups,problem solved.

As far as cancelling the schools Halloween because its evil? Well There are things that seem to support that because some of the costumes you see kids dress up in these days like a mask with an ax in the head and fake blood coming out,those kinds of costumes should not be made at all because I find that pretty offensive and have no problem with schools censoring costumes like that,but just as long as they allow them to wear costumes that are not offensive like a ghost and that sort of thing,thats silly to say that its satanist.

Mr Parker
so true.Times have really changed for the worst.

Ronny
satanism is foolish to begin with erm the only people who think halloween is gothic and satanic are probably conforming to the Avril/GC crowd erm

for me halloween means free candy happy yummm

Agent Elrond
Ok, u guys gotta see this. it's freakin hilarious.
http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1010/1010_01.asp

I hate ppl who think Halloween is celebrating Satan

Filth
Halloween is based on pagan and satanic rituals so it IS "celebrating" Satan

Filth
I am not religious though have being called paranoid on Meany occasions, but what is wrong with worshiping Satan?

Agent Elrond
hehe, check out my new siggy

ETK
Halloween simply is for getting candy and scaring people. Also, to dress up and have a good time.

Anyone who thinks it should be banned has never had a fun time trick or treating. I miss being a kid and going door to door for candy.

Filth
Halloween should be banned not because its worshiping satan (theres nothing wrong with that) its because "trick or treaters" f**king p**s me off, its a crap holiday and i hate people going around dressed in realy crumy costumes, halloween is about more than candy and no f**ker understands what halloween is about it has effectivly lost its meaning as has chrismas (which i hate), easter(i also hate) and bombfire night (i hate it to) all these holidays have lost all meaning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.