The number "666"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§pearhead
I know it's a reference to hell and all...but what exactly does it mean, or where did it come from messed

RaventheOnly
it came from the bible if i do remember.

Meki_Nade
uhm.. sum1 told me bout this... ah yeah, its not satan's hotline number, its actually 'the number of the beast' according to legend, the beast being cerberus the guardian of the gates to hell, havin a 6 on all 3 heads comes out as 666

Darth Revan
Cerberus is from Greek mythology... He didn't have numbers on his head until the Christians adopted him to use in their hell, I think...

Maverick2364
Wow...

Meki_Nade
yer thas where i remember from, originally hes one of them ugly lookin beasts like the minotaur i guess?

Real
777 is the number of the moose

PrefectRonnykin
666 is the same number backwards eek!

Maverick2364
I liked 69 better...

WindDancer
Have you heard that urban legend about a certain city in the US that uses that number as an area phone code?

There is a 1-666 area code.

Meki_Nade
13 0 0 13 is my favourite

§pearhead
Actually, WD, I've never heard that rumour messed should I just do a search for some info on that?

Bar-en-Danwedh
the number 666 is the add-up total number you would get if you added together all the letters that have numerical value in the roman numeral system (eg. I V X M etc.), contained within the name or official title of the "anti-christ"

WindDancer
Check it out!

Btw- there is also a highway route with the 666 number. Is somewhere between Nevada and New Mexico.

Iceman22
The Christian believe has no Cerberus in hell.
The number 666 refers to "The Mark Of The Beast".
The beast was a form of the devil in the fight against the Archangel Michael (or Gabriel, i m not sure) and the mark was engraved on the beast's forehead (666). In the Bible 13:18.

According to historians the number 666 was actually Chi, Xi, Sigma which in modern times is derived to 666.

http://img52.exs.cx/img52/2137/grk666.gif

The Chi, Xi, Sigma.
Believed is also the mark of the serpent especially Xi, with looks like a serpent.

Shadow_King
so would you be cursed if you were to be born on like the 6th month the 6th day on the 6th hour or 6th hour on the 6th minute on the 6th second.

Meki_Nade
nah, thats just typical folk rubbish, if you cursed your cursed, nothing to do with numbers

Shadow_King
ok.cause my fos brother told me that his friends sisters friends brother was born i think that has something to do with the number 666 and he beleives hes the beast or something and all he does it create trouble once he stoomped (sp) on his dogs tail why he was slepping

Darth Revan
Actually it's just Route 66... confused

Bar-en-Danwed> so what IS the official title of the "anti-christ"?

Deathblow
Somebody dumped a mattress at the bottom of my street once ages ago, and on it in big black letters was written '555 The Neighbour of the beast''.

True story yes

Darth Revan
Whoa... cool cool

Shadow_King
cool.

JediHDM
the number '666' is from the book of Revelation in the Bible. revelation 13:18

JKozzy
The devil himself wink

WindDancer
Route 66 is one of the oldest in America. Check this out:

http://www.stimpco.com/pics/vacation/route_666.jpg

RaventheOnly
eek! i heard of that one big grin

Tex
666; just another number.

Korri
^ i love you no expression

Dark princess
huh

WindDancer
Turn it upside down.....999.

John:Spartan117
this is completely off topic, but spear i've gotta compliment you on your sig, very nice

Korri
feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeling it

Clavis
KEEP THE SOUL ALIVE!

Korri
i need to talk to you in private....

private message that is!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.