What was that comic where...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Into the Void
This is the thread where you can ask about a comic book you are not sure of the title, but do know what's goin on in it. I'll start it off.

What's the comic where the Hulk tries to eat Ironman? I know it's an Ultimates title. I need this comic...

Nataku8188
Just like michael jackson needs children...

Anyone got an issue list for the Age of Apocolypse series ?

Linkalicious
does anyone know which Spiderman Comic is #14 of 14 in the Maximum Carnage story arc?

I have the first 12, and 13 is on it's way, but I figured I'd atleast ask before I checked the back of #13.

Mane
Link: its Spider-Man Unlimited #2, Aug 1993

Mane
can someone give me a lost of Hulk comics where he fight the Juggernaut?

i think one of them is Hulk #172, but i cant find that one...so can someone list all of the other issues they fight? thanks.

Into the Void
Was it really necessary to involve Mike...

Anyway, the comics are:

Astonishing X-Men 1-4

X-Man 1-4

Generation Next 1-4

Weapon X 1-4

X-Calibre 1-4

Amazing X-Men 1-4

Factor X 1-4

Gambit and the X-ternals 1-4

X-Men Chronicles 1 & 2*

X-Universe 1 & 2*

X-men Omega**

X-Men Prime**

*(There may be more to these titles)

**(Not sure on these)

All of these comics have the "Enter now: The Age of Apocalypse!" logo on the front cover.

Lenord
Does anyone know the comic where Joker gets his hand on some advanced technology and makes Batman relive his death again and again...

Linkalicious
Thanks Mane, I had a funny feeling that it was that comic.

the store I buy my comics from....www.milehighcomics.com. .....doesn't have THAT particular issue.

Actually, if anyone uses that site to collect comic books. Can someone give me a link to the Spectacular Spiderman section...because I can't find it. And there were over 200 Spectacular Spidey comics...sad

Mane
i know! i was on Mile High and i couldnt order the rest of the maximum carnage series OR the other 10-15 issues that Venom appeared in SSM. thats frustrating.

Linkalicious
I'm really mad at myself for not sticking with comics. Now I have to pay like $20 per issue of Ultimate Spiderman just to get Venom's 1st appearance in that series.

He's in like 4 or 5 in a row. I don't wanna spend $100. Even with their huge discount.

hey, do you know when Scarlet Spider's first appearance was? Like when he was cloned or whatever? I want to buy those comics and read up...

Mane
it was Maximum Clonage i believe. there are two of them: Maximum Clonage: Alopha and Maximum Clonage: Omega. i think they are like $12.50 each on Mile High...so about $25 for the two...

Linkalicious
k, thank you sir. Would you happen to know roughly how many episodes that is until he meets Venom for the first time?

Mane
well i dont know that, but i can tell you WHEN they did.

Web of Spider-Man #118 is when Scarlet Spider first meets Venom. its called "The Exile Returns" and there are four parts. WOS #118 is the first part, but Marvel (like they did so many other times) had the other three parts under different titles...

Mane
Here is the list of comics where Scarlet battles Venom:

Web of Spider-Man #118
The Exile Returns (1/4)

Spider-Man #52
The Exile Returns (2/4)

Web of Spider-Man #119
The Exile Returns (3/4)

Spider-Man #53
The Exile Returns (4/4)

Linkalicious
thanks again sir.

Mane
no prob.

BTW, the Maximum Clonage Saga is actually a whole bunch of issues scattered about verious Spider-man titles (i cant keep track of them all), but Marvel had enough sense to split the saga in to two books AKA Maximum Clonage: Alpha and Omega

Linkalicious
i hate books and novels....i dunno why, but i really love collecting all the different little comics books.

the only novel i ever bought was the death of superman, and although it told the whole story....it felt like something was missing...

Shadow_King
how about x-men alpha

Mane
but they arent really TPB or Graphic Novels. theyre two actual comic books that has all of the issues in continuity...but i can understand what you mean.

i personally like TPBs alot. like im collecting the Marvel Masterworks Spider-man novels and ive got volume 1, 2, and 3. i think they are cool (the Masterworks). they look really nice and i collect them and put them up in my "library". and it looks alot more upscale than actual comics.

but thats just me. but i can understand where youre coming from as far as like the actual comics more.

Gregory
The Emperor Joker story: Emperor Joker #1, Superman #161, Adventures of Superman #583, Man of Steel #105, Action Comics #770

jetspike
link are you retarted

Shadow_King
hey theirs no need for member bashing.

Mane
yes! there isnt. and what had Link done to you to merit bashing? ahh, i see...nothing.

Victor Von Doom
Ultimates #5.

Linkalicious
Have you seen my baseball?

Paola
topic...

Asian Hulk
stop doing this Paola!!!!What kind of witch are you?

Shadow_King
What kind of an idiot are you???

Paola
Asian: wicked one, I guess

now everybody take a look at this:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

now topic please

thekingofmikes
Mile high sucks, Chuck talks more about pottery then comics in his newsletter, and they WAY overcharge for everything they sell. e-mail me at EDIT if you need any filler issues.

assuming you are talking about peter parker the spectacular spider man, there are 263 in that series and 14 annuals. There are about 18 issues in the new series that runs from 2003-current.

thekingofmikes
I have all of these issues... without sounding like I am advertising... cough cough... email me...
mile high overcharges, I cannot say that enough... I know a bunch of online comic shops that are better, including my own, but I can't post the links here due to forum rules... anyone who wants a certain issue can e-mail me though, EDIT. If I don't have it, I can get it...
ok enough about that... I don't want to get in trouble...

Mane
are you insane? Mile High overcharges?? whatever dude...i just bought Venom vs Carnage #1 and the entire Lethal Protector series for $1 per comic. that 7 comics for $7--all mint condition...

the only thing they charge alot for is really important comics...like first appearances

thekingofmikes
lol.. Mile high is way overpriced, unless you are a noob to comics, and you like paying that much... Or if you like Chucks newsletters about pottery... I could tell you where I buy my comics, but I fear I would get banned for advertising, even though everyone else talks about mile high.Is this forum owned by chuck or something? However, those venom books you talk about can be picked up for around $.25 a piece... Whenever you pay guide value for a comic your getting ripped off... Trust me, I have 14 years of collecting experence under my belt... However I have been warned once, and I am not going to push my luck by posting my e-mail address again... With permission from the mods, I would love to share my favorite shops. (except my own, which would be a violation of the no advertising rule) Don't be fooled by chucks "Prices are lower then ever!" or "SALE SALE SALE" slogans. He discounts his books from 3 times guide value to guide value, which is wrong...

thekingofmikes
and to think that first appearences are "really important comics" is pretty insane. Important comics USED to be first appearences, but now it all goes by print run. The lower the print run, the higher the value... High print runs *like first appearences nowadays*=Worthless...

Linkalicious
I don't think it is any sort of violation if you share the comic shops that ARE NOT owned by yourself.

i'd be really interested in looking into these other shops you are talking about, because it's true Mile High does tend to have their 50-80% off sale running, YEAR ROUND. So does that really make it a sale? hmmm...fishy.

Mane
kingofmikes: dont double post--its frowned upon.

to say that first appearances are not really important comics is just flat-out stupid.

Paola
no bashing Mane

Mane
i didnt bash him, i bashed the statements he made.

Paola
same thing

Mane
is it? sorry sad

thekingofmikes
lets take a look at statistics shall we mane!?

First Carnage-$3.00
First Venom- $85.00

Ok so the second one isn't bad, but lets take a look at the first one... (which is newer then the second one to be fair...)
How can one of Spidermans most popular villians only be worth $3.00?? Simple... The comic was over printed, making supply greater then demand... basically we have a trillian copies of this issue, making it worthless. You could probably pick this up on ebay from neatstuff collectables for $1.00 ($.01 for the comic, $1.00 shipping) Personally I think neatstuffcollectables is horrible on shipping prices, but still, it's not a million dollar comic book, and you will never get rich off it, even if you wait 30-40 years.
Supply and demand make the comic prices rise and fall... That is the basics of making money off this hobby, not buying first appearences.
First appearences now are virtually worthless...

Linkalicious
great point....and he's right, i just got Carnage's first appearance.....for $3.00 ($5 marked down).

Now back to the important question...

what were the URL's to these other comic book sites? it's against forum rules to promote yourself, but I don't see a reason why they would prohibit you from providing seemingly valuable comic information from the rest of the group...

Arachnoidfreak
Great job on veering the thread completely off topic everyone.

Linkalicious
no arach, this is still very much a salvageable thread. I mean, look at the first 5 pages of the Hulk vs. Juggs thread...it's nothing but crap too.

Having another few sources to find some rare comics could go along with this thread quite nicely.

SUPERMANDAMAN
EDIT

Arachnoidfreak
Of course it's still salvageable, and I like the fact of having more resources, but still...

Anyone know the Punisher comic where he blew Wolverine's face off with a shotgun? It was either the Marvel Knights line, or the Max line...I can't remember.

Mane
oh shut up. youre a loser and you prove it everyday. just take a look at the comic book geek thread. talk about making an ass of yourself.

what do you expect from a Superman fan.

thekingofmikes
lol... just tried to name a few shops, but I can't post links. (Not well enough known or something like that.) I guess I have to get permission from the mods.

Mane- I wasn't knocking your belief, hell I believed the same thing you did up until about a year ago, when I started selling. I used to buy up hundreds of copies of first appearences just thinking they would go up in value. who knows how much money I lost on IMAGE.
I do agree with you to an extent, because most of the silver/golden age book first appearences are worth a lot... For those of you unfamiliar with the grading system, or the comic ages, would you like me to start a new thread so we can keep this one on topic? Also Moderators, could I please be granted permision to post links that are not my own?

Mane
this was directed towards SUPERMANDAMAN... no one else

thekingofmikes
Shadow_wolf, I cannot talk about the comic you are refering to sense I am the creator of that title, and it would seem like I was promoting it... To answer the question though, it will be released late this year/early next year.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.