Old Horror

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord_Andres
Just bought some old horror movies, I just love old horror, specialy hammer horror but some other stuff too, the movies that I bought are these, they are pretty good, so what are your toughts about old horror? and what are your favorites?

SCREAM OF THE WOLF
WOLF MAN
MOON OF THE WOLF
SNOWBEAST
SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT
DON'T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT (SUCKS)
JACK THE RIPPER
SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA
HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL
NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

TheFilmProphet
You have some classics there. cool

Lord_Andres
Yeah and for the price it's the best deal I have made for awhile, hers a link to where I bought it, there are other boxsets like the one in my link, I got another one called Ten Night Of Terror it's pretty sweet too!

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?style=movie&pid=2244009&cart=202225541

SlipknoT
I dont really like the old 50's horror movies

ragesRemorse
me niegther. Some are classics,but most are boring failures.

Cinemaddiction
50's? Try 30's.

People throwing bones to flicks like the original "Frankenstein" and "Dracula". I watched them both over the last 2 weeks and I thought they were boring as hell, and just because they are "classic" doesn't mean they were entertaining.

They may hold some kind of sentimental or influential value, but otherwise, Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi really are just grandfathers of the genre. Just names, IMO, as the movies weren't all that spectacular.

BackFire
I dunno if you've seen the Wolfman, but you should check that out. That's my favorite of all the "classic" horror films.

slasherpunk18
Night of the Living Dead,2 thumbs up.Personally,I like Day of the Dead the best.

Dario Argento
One of the most beautiful horror movies is from 1933. its called "Vampyr" and is directede by Dreyer.

lil bitchiness
I liked House on the Hunted Hill...the original version thumb up

Darth Sauron
Nigh of the living dead is way better than dawn or day
Dawn just has two men cracking jokes all the time...confused

I bought the trilogy the other week, entertaining stuff, not scary, but its good to watch

ScarletSpider
Recently I bought a DVD set of old horror movies. There were about 10 movies or so, many of them featuring Bela Lugosi. White Zombie was enjoyable although not quite scary. Last Man on Earth, the 1964 version with Vincent Price was also enjoyable, in a campy "last stand" type of way. The Gorilla just sucked, IMO, with attempted comic relief by three detective characters who were weak attempted copies of the Three Stooges. It put me to sleep.

slayer
I've seen the Brides of Dracula, Psycho, Wolfman, The Birds, Some of Catwomen on the moon (crappy as hell) and a few others.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.