The Greatest Funny Film Of All Time!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Machete_guy
I reckon leslie nielson Wrongfully accused was da funniest....wat about YOU! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Evil Dead
hmmm............

History of the World prt 1.................with Blazing Saddles coming in a close second. Mel Brooks = God of Comedy.

Cinemaddiction
Airplane!

Lord Soth
Monty Python and the Holy Grail or Spaceballs. Monty Python and Mel Brooks are the co-gods of Comedy.

Office Space was good too

roundisfunny
Gotta go with Holy Grail. Then comes "Raising Arizona" and "The Blues Brothers".

Alias_Neo
prolly "Strange Brew"

Myth
Strange Brew was funny, but funniest of all time? I don't know.

BTW: I hated Office Space.

roundisfunny
Blasphemy! "Office Space" was a classic for our times! Have you never languished in a cubicle, 'neath the dismal hum of the flourescent lights, ever-wary of the corporate monster that could fling you about like a ragdoll, then chew you up and spit you out at a moment's notice? "Office Space" is a triumph!

finti
Passion of the christ cool

Kes
Finti!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Well Mel Brooks is indeed a genious but I'd say Noises off was the movie that made me laugh the most!

Cinemaddiction
Just wanna add that Mel Brooks does nothing for me. stick out tongue

Punker69
Wrongfully Accused was so stupid for some reason I bought it and came home and turned it off after a while because it was so stupid there was like a spoof every 30 seconds.To much spoofing for me.

Dumb and Dumber is the funniest movie ever!

steely balls
super troopers, office space, holy grail, and GILI

claidisa_felton
imo, the funniest films ive watched are ace ventura:when nature calls, austin powers trilogy, and pirates of the caribbean.

claidisa_felton
oh, and how high

KACsoohottWTTH
no way school ofrock/dum and dummerer/dum and dummer

KACsoohottWTTH
punk'd is good i guess ashtons bootie is cutie

BOPRecruit 16
Almost Heroes
Big Daddy

mordamor22
i like police acedemy but the stupid(but kinda funny)award goes to:KUNG POW!!!!!!!!!!!! i also like ace ventura 1 & 2

whatshisface
these are the ones i can recall....

old school
office space
royal tenenbaums
ace ventura

Citadel
omg, monty python & the holy grail has gotta be the funniest movie ever!

and yea, airplane 1&2 were great too!

"a hospital, whats that?"
"its a big building with patients but thats not important."

bluegrass
probably the hardest I have ever laughed in a theatre was for...
"Something about Mary"

that would be my vote for a newer comedy.

"How did you get the beans above the frank?"

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linkalicious
Super Troopers, Goldmember, Men in Tights, and South Park....all good for a laugh.

Cyclops
spaceballs, Hot Shots (Une et Deux... tres drole!), Men in Tights (as mentioned ^ by Linker) and ...

BASKETBALL!!!

boxofdeath2.0
i'm surprised nobody has mentioned the jerk yet. steve martin is genius in that movie

MarkHobin
I liked Roadtrip that was pretty funny. But Dumb and Dumber has to be.
Laurel and Hardy films have to be up there somewhere.

EmBluLtd
Most of these mentioned were some pretty good movies. And I must say, "Dumb and Dumberer" did nothing for me. But I think, the most funniest I have ever seen is "The Pest" with John Leguizamo. now THERE'S a movie I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet.

~~>B*Ltd

Mr Parker
Yeah I agree with you on The Blues Brothers.That one would probably be 2nd on my list.No 1 for me would probably be SCARY MOVIE.

total metalhead
Airplane, Austin Powers 1, American Pie 1, Me Myself And Irene, Galaxy Quest and O Brother Where Art Thou yes

ElectricBugaloo
I'd say Monty Python ...Holy grail
Austin Powers I & II
Waynes World
Blazing Saddles

claidisa_felton
TO WONG FOO THANKS FOR EVERYTHING JULIE NEWMAR!!!!
cmon, wesley snipes, patrick swayze and john leguizamo as drag queens? funniest movie in the world!!!

Linkalicious
that was the WORST movie in the world. That was also the 1st movie i ever walked out on...and almost walked out on my date who wanted me to stay and watch. Good for her that she followed me out, because i drove...

Commando
Kung Pow is soooo funny! its the funnist movie ever. worst movie is autin powers! he looks gay!

punkyhermy
legally blonde!!!!!!it was simply hilarious!!!!!!!!
i love reese witherspoon!

Xena
I can think of 3 right now.

When Harry met Sally.
Meet the parents.
Forget Paris.

badkittykitty
montey python and the holy grail is timeless humour

I really love spaceballs , big lebowski and the mystery men

big gay kirk
Definitely Independence Day... that was so funny... when I went to see it the whole audience was trying to supress their laughter, knowing it was supposed to be a serious film... then the President's wife died and the cinema just erupted... hilarious!!

LeAtHerRFace
Old School
Some Like It Hot
American Pie 1,2 and Wedding
Friday
Next Friday
Friday After Next.

Yomammy
In no particular order: Caddyshack
Animal House
History of the World, Pt 1
Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein
Spaceballs
Office Space
Happy Gilmore
American Pie 1 & 2
Meet The Parents

botankus
Myth is only 19 years old. At that age you have no f*-ing idea what the reality of Office Space is even about! No wonder they hate it.

Coming from someone who has spent five years in that environment, I would say Office Space is indeed a modern-day classic.

<<Solo>>
Animal House
Kung Pow:Enter The Fist
Evil Dead 2
Office Space
Happy Gillmore

Commando
not another teem movie is funny too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RonyLeBeau
Ice Age

Fan of LOTR
WAYNE'S WORLD ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polly
Ice Age
Billy Madison
Big Daddy
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
There's MANY others.. just frogot them

kiwibloom
were talking laugh till ya cry/pee funny! i luv big daddy and liar liar but i think soooo many movies r funny i cant say! so what about u?lol laughing tv_happy bawling

speiderman
Dumb and Dumber. Bulworth. Beavis and Butthead Do America.

eleveninches
south park

big gay kirk
I've said it before, but its got to be "Independence Day..." especially the bit where the Presidents wife dies....

Myth
South Park
Me, Myself & Irene (Liar Liar isn't as funny IMO)
Austin Powers series
Starsky and Hutch

Cinemaddiction
Liar Liar, but only the court room sequence.

Otherwise, anything by Zucker/Abrahams. The laughs are non stop.

xmen fan
hmmmmm,lilo and stitch,liarliar,Xmen 1,E.T,finding nemo,lord of the rings:the two towers,the haunted mansion,bringing down the house,and last,the mummy 1 and 2

shake zula
old school
original kings of comedy
office space
starsky and hutch
me, myself and irene

and a sh!tload more...

xmen fan
my name is shake zula... the mic rula... the old schoola...

what?

forumcrew
super troopers!

Rambo
Super Troopers and Joe Dirt.

cd_rek
Monty Python and the holy grail
Monty Python life of brain
Bad Taste
The kentucky fried chicken movie
National Lampoon's loaded weapon

kiwibloom
its from a show called aqua teen hunger force!

xmen fan
hm i think these are funny!

Tommy Boy
Black Sheep
Ice Age
Finding Nemo
Lilo And Stitch
Dragon Heart
Bringing Down The House
X2
X1
Harry Potter 1
Harry Potter 2
E.T.
Lord Of The Rings 2
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
The Haunted Mansion
Stuck On You

those are the ones i have seen and almost peed ma self!!!!! laughing

<<Solo>>
I know loads of people that love Ice Age... I dun know why.

el_barto
Raising Arizona rockon

xmen fan
Tommy Boy.......Staring Chris Farley,David Spade

kiwibloom
Ace ventura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is soooo funny (jim carrey/king of comedy) laughing

Kaleanae
Spaceballs messed

johnny.d girl
# 1 or 2??????
i luv # 2!!!!!!! and as 4 lier lier...........4 the first 5-10 times i watched it i was on the floor litrally laughing all the wat threw it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laughing
i luv'd it......and me, myself & irene is funny!!!
i luv the bit were he's picking him self up 2 get in2 the car!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!
i needed a box of tissues coz i was laughing so hard!!!!!!! laughing laughing Happy Dance

caballera
space balls, space balls, and more space balls!

kiwibloom
i like both 1 and 2 they are hilarious eek! liar liar is too funny!! i agree i was on the floor laughing! laughing Happy Dance jim carrey (soooooooooooooooooooooo funny)

xmen fan
eww,i liked van helsing,it was kinda funny.but the funnyest moive? Cable Guy

Aku
O come on, the underground comedys are the best.

Big Lebowski
Airheads
Ready to Rumble
Road trip

(was underground coz loads of teenage girls though it was cool to have parties hence the american pie trilogy)

Lets face it they should do a film about this banana, as you can see its not getting enough action from his wife so hes humping the other smilies. stick out tongue Happy Dance stick out tongue

Spike Eccles
It has to be The Swarm - the disaster film from 1978....yes, i know its not technically a comedy, but it cracks me up everytime. test yourself - watch it and try to keep a straight face for more than five minutes. I bet you fail!

proper comedy - Airplane - every scene is priceless, and every gag lands on target

Red Superfly
Ace Ventura - that (intentionally) annoying character is so great.

Monty Python And The Holy Grail

Waynes World

Ghostbusters - one of my all time fave films ever.

Zoolander - kill the Prime Minister of Malaysia! Happy! Happy!

The best one of all has to be Dumb and Dumber though.

vaya_the_elf
The only ones i can think of right now are rat race, office space, Ace Ventura: when nature calls, mystery men, and the emperor's new groove

vagaryatwill
I'm going with Dumb and Dumber!! Happy Dance

Scottie
laughing The Greatest Funny Film Of All Time!!!

Which Movie Has mad you laugh SO MUCH that you've almost(or even have) pi$$ yourself?laughing

So What Funny Film Would YOU Nominate As "The Greatest Funny Film Of All Time!!!" ????

For me "The Greatest TV Funny Film Of All Time"!!! has got to be .... Shrek 2...It's the Funniest movie i've seen in a long time.

moonwalker741
Mortal Kombat 2

Cinemaddiction
"Airplane!"

Samurai Guy
Well, Airplane was fantastic. I love that brand of humour. The "Drinking Problem" gag was hilarious.

Well.. it is a tie. "Hot Shots! Part Deux" and "Spaceballs."

RaventheOnly
Airplane is a contendor big grin

Most of Leslie Neilson's movies are potential eek! he was in airplane eek! i just remembered laughing out loud

the hot shots movies...ummmm some of the naked gun movies.... a couple of Jim Carrey's movies....

Brash
Umm.......a lot of them I guess.

moonwalker741
nothing beats Mortal Kombat 2!

Scottie
Hot Shots part Deux Rocked!

BackFire
Spaceballs, Airplane, South Park, Kentucky Fried Movie, Better Off Dead, Dr. Strangelove, Dogma.

Scottie
Dogma was a fu&lt;Kin excelent film!
And funny as hell!

vaya_the_elf
Rat race, Bruce Almighty, Mystery men, princess bride, and the Emperor's New Groove

<<Solo>>
WTF?

bardock
dirty work is funny as hell

WindDancer
This is JMO. There is no such thing as the greatest Funny film ever. For me Comedy appeals to different ppl. For example my brother thinks that Ace Ventura Pet Detective is the funniest movie ever. I disagree, I think is the most annoying movie ever. Now, I think that There is something about Mary is a real funny movie. But he thinks it sucks! So, when it comes to movies about comedy.......there really isn't a great funniest movie ever.

BackFire
Obviously the guy is asking for subjective opinions about everyones favorite comedy. Of course there's no such thing as one movie that everyone is going to love.

SlipknoT
I liked Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Spitback
big lewbowski,spinal tap,south park,evil dead 2,clerks,Dr.starnglove.

SnakeEyes
Dumb and dumber, bruce almighty, 10 things i hate about u, austin powers, american pie and so on

Superfly4000
Two Words:

SPACE BALLS!! rock

ragesRemorse
Kingpin, me myself and Irene, Mallrats, National lampoons x-mas vacation, blues brothers, Grosse point blank

BadKitty
almost everyone named a movie I think is super funny
my top 5 would be..

Monty python and the holy grail
blazing saddles
the big lebowski
spaceballs
mystery men

Mr Zero
Nice to see this mentioned - most of the "comedy" in this thread has been the comedy of the dumb or cruel - dont get me wrong im a big fan of slapstick done well from the Marx Bros to adam sandler - but most comedy these days is so low-brow it has its face on the floor.

Princess Bride is (amongst other things) one of the funniest films I've ever seen - and it's nice to be made laugh by an intelligent script rather than by yet another dick/fart/****/yawn gag.

Scottie
The Mask

BadKitty
eek how could I not include any john waters movies....seriously his movies are ace!

bakerboy
My vote is for the chaplin, keaton , laurel and hardy and marx brothers classic movies.

Darth Sauron
Mel Brooks' History of the world part 1

trav6612
DUMB AND DUMBER, the best comedy.

ladygrim
austin powers 2/3 robin hood men in tites rat race lil nicky mr deeds

SaTsuJiN
I thought superstar and me,myself and irene were pretty funny as well

Unholy_Cheese
Flying high (Airplane in australia, dunno why they changed the name here)

BloomBabyGirl
robin hood men in tights and rat race i fell in love with

Bornwild2152
When me and my friends went to see Scary Movie 3 we laughed so hard!!!

Jedi Priestess
Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstien (Mel Brooks version)
The Pink Panther Movies with Peter Sellers
Airplane!
Hollywood Knights
Porky's
Grosse Pointe Blank
Weekend at Bernies

those are my favs wink

shellspeare
my top 5 funniest films are
1, return of the pink panther
2, liar liar
3, tootsie
4, steptoe and son
5, monty python life of brian

nycyberkitty
History of the World Part One
Blazing Saddles

pr1983
anything with john candy, one of the best comic talents of the last 30 years

jimbo3
'South Park'
'There's something about Mary'laughing
'Austin Powers 2'- I remember at one point when I laughed out loud in the theater, it sounded like a loud girlie squeal. Great when your with friends embarrasment
'Not Another teen movie'
For some reason I think 'The Cable Guy' is up there with the funniest.
Just a few I can think of now.

Someone said 'The Emperor's New Groove'. I was surprised how good that movie was, I think it's the funniest Disney movie.

BloomBabyGirl
laughing i loved New groove. laughing

D-Double
Stir Crazy, Half Baked, Young Frankenstein, Money Talks, Ace Ventura laughing

deadly_force
anyone seen harold and kumar go to white castle? funny as f**k ( may be called harold and kumar get the munchies ) one of the funniest films ive seen

Zanthor
I realize not everyone likes Monty Python but my favorite funny movie is Holy Grail. Many of the other mentioned are great. If it were a list then Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs would definately make it.

makaky
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and Fletch Lives - guess I'm a Chevy Chase fan after all.....

D-Double
^Hey! Another Chevy Chase fan. Hold strong, my friend. We're a dying breed. I love the first Fletch, myself. And National Lampoon's European vacation is one of the most underrated comedies ever. wink Spies like Us is up there, too. stick out tongue

pinsleepe
Monty Python's Life of Brian.

Cinemania
Dogma and Holy Grail laughing out loud

Sex Pistol
Mine... well.... Theyve got to be Shaun of the dead and Drop Dead fred.

Blackadder2

deadly_force
is this the one where they go to wally world think thats what its called if so then i love this movie also dogma and blazzing saddles have been mentioned both are very funny rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud laughing

Curl_Up&Dye
When Bob Saget said sh!t in Dumb and Dumberer, I couldn't stop laughing, I didn't think i would ever recover. I know his stand up is supposed to be pretty tounge in cheek, but I dunno, something about America's most well behaved father screaming about sh!t all through the movie cracks me up

NAPOLEON DYNAMITE!!!!!! the movie is so funny! No exactly the best plot ever written but OH MY GOD!!!!! heading towards cult favorite status.

Wolfie
Bad Santa

D-Double
Naw. it's the one where they're on a game show, dressed as pigs and they win a trip to Europe.

"Oink-Oink, my good man."
-Rusty (drunk off his ass)

Reply to: Curl Up
Have you seen Half Baked?

"This is crazy. Marijuana is not a drug. Crack is a drug. You ever suck d*ck for pot? I didn't think so."
-Bob Saget

Drumdude1167
I would have to say black sheep, tommy boy, ace ventura, space balls, robinhood man in tights, FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS, and so on

(all upper cased words mean its the best movie ever OK!!!!)

BloomBabyGirl
rght now im in love with dogma and mean girls

Scottie
Dodgeball...anything with Ben Stiller in it is good

KillTheLight
'Battlefield earth' that movie was a joke

Jackie Malfoy
It is a old movie but has so many funny actors and actesses in it. IN fact I think Rat Race is a remake of it.But that movie is not funny through then the old one.
and that movie is (drums rolls) "It's a mad mad mad world!"If none of you guys ever seen it you should!It is so funny I love that mother of law and her druged son!They are the funnist I think.See you aorund.JM laughing laughing out loud eek! stick out tongue big grin Happy Dance

SpideySense
I think I laughed the most watching South Park the movie. Though, I like a lot of comedies (Office Space, Half baked, Airplane, Old school, Kentucky fried movie), I think it really depends on mood for how it's rated at any given moment.

**Hopefully I can show you guys the comedy movie I just finished making. I think you'll get a kick outta it .

Jes smile

BigL
I know this will come as a real surprise but I'm going with the Big L

SpideySense
Big L does rock!

botankus
Just wait 'til you see his cameo in Half Baked.

Curl_Up&Dye
Ive seen him in half baked...oh man wicked pissah.

im from boston so that is all that needs to be said

Elektra_lover
Jay and Slient Bob strike back with out a doubt

bazooka
america funniest home video happy

MornGlory
I love Office Space and Napolean Dynamite

I can laugh about those 2 movies all day

Parabola Man
"bigL" is right, lebowski is a classic. and as well It's a mad mad mad mad world is great too, i loved it when he kicked the bucket after dying, thanx for reminding me, "Jackie Malfoy".

pr1983
'scrooged' with bill murray is a classic comedy movie...

'planes trains and automobiles' is another...

groundhog day...

almost anything with john candy...

bilb
All Kevin Smith, Fargo, Raising Arizona, Four Weddings & a Funeral, & Office Space

Thoma5
Hot chick+white chick

el barto
little nickie

WindDancer
The Nutty Professor! (Eddie Murphy)

I always burst into laughter when I see the Klumps at the dinner table. laughing

Time Of Evil
Monty Pythons: Life of Brian is absolutely amazing! I highly recommend it to all of you. For those of you who don't know what it is about, it is a guy who is believed to be Jesus.

PIZZA WARRIOR
There is noy way you can pick a funny movie for all time.

How about picking by decade, or era.

Quite a few funny people this past century, you know.

PIZZA WARRIOR
Of coruse, if you want an opinion, any Mel Brooks or Monty Phython film makes the list, with Airplane ! and Police Squad.

botankus
The title of this thread has always bugged me for some reason.

Anyways....that aside, I have a question about the thread which also bugs me: Why, on the forum main page, does it show that this thread was started by UnHoly_Cheese when in fact, if you go to Page 1, some guy named Machete Guy has the first post?

Jackie Malfoy
"Its a mad mad mad world" I thought was the funniest movie I never seened!It always makes me laugh!JM laughing

Wolfie
Any Kevin Smith film
Any Mel Brooks film

Elektra_lover
White Chicks
How High
Any of the Fridays
Old School

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>