New trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finti
the Clone War trailer can be seen on the official SW site from Sunday 10 of marchsmile smile smile

LanceWindu
Which is one day and only a few hours to go!

mah
THE EXCITEMENT!

ToMacco
I'm pretty sure they will wait until they show it on FOX first. So it will be around 8 PM here in America. That's 36 hours away.

I think I'll just sleep until thensmile

jedi212guy
It's gonna be so sweet!!

Raz
Woohoo!

finti
sounded like Homer S there Raz

yerssot
and what about the CEST-WET etc time?
Will this mean people in Europe will see it late in the evening?
*crosses fingers*

mah
it's too long a wait anyways!

ToMacco
Right now I've got COPS on, which is on FOX.

They just showed a preview for tomorrow nights line up. They did the Simpson preview, then the Maclom in the Middle preview, then the music cut out. Then the Star Wars thing came onto the screen.

The guy with the deep voice, "Then stay tuned for the never before seen Star Wars Episode II trailer."

I got chills up my spine. rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing I'm so excited, it's almost like the movie comes out tomorrow!

LanceWindu
The anticipation for just this one movie is almost as big as most movies that come out.

Julie
That's 'cause Star Wars has all of us crazy fans!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink

ToMacco
Lucas, that cleaver bastard is a marketing genious.

mah
today is the day!

finti
every day is the day

mah
no days are like trailer-days!

finti
every day is a gift, the trailers just edge them a bit

Thomas H
roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
hmm so where is the damn trailer

Ratcat
If I told you when it was going online, would you keep it a secret?

cool

Probably not, never mind. wink

He-Man
Ha! Why would that be a secret???

There's this thing that counts seconds till the trailer on swmovies.net. If it counts it right it takes now 9 hours and 16 minutes.

Can't wait, must be the longest nine hours of my life mad

finti
tell me RC

yerssot
within the half-hour the trailer is shown on tv, I think

LanceWindu
Yes I think that's when it gets out on the computer.

Ratcat
I'd love to tell you, but I made a promise not to. big grin

Let's just put it this way, I know exactly where I need to be, and when, to watch it.

mah
yes, in the USA

ToMacco
laughing out loud That's funny mah.

RatCat, you don't know shit stick out tongue He's lying to us big grin

yerssot
you hope

finti
promise to who

yerssot
the big Ewok, himself

ToMacco
I'll see it in six hours.

Ratcat can play mindgames all day, if he wants smile

Ratcat
Hmmm, you have to wait THAT long... Well, I know you'll enjoy it, it's a good trailer. wink

mah
....I hope you've not really seen the trailer, and hides it from us

LanceWindu
Not much longer at all!!!

What about the whole time-zone stuff? How are they gonna do that on FOX? All at the same time or by the hour after Malcolm in the Middle?

Julie
I don't know....all I do know that it's scheduled to be on around 8:55 pm....which is right in b/t Malcom and X-files.

yerssot
but that will mean people living in Europe will get it very late

Julie
sad ......at least you'll get to see it though .....right?

mah
hopefully....if sw.com works

yerssot
mah, sw.com around 5 o'clock, be there!

mah
yeah, right! roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
*sniffs the air*
smell the sarcasm

mah
stinky!

Ratcat
Poor, misguided fools....

Oh, and Mah, I've seen enough thanks. wink

mah
smile

Julie
ahhhh scary smile face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ToMacco
Ratcat is full of it. big grin He hasn't seen it.

He went fishin' and hooked all of you. rolling on floor laughing

Of course, if he has seen it and doesn't share with us, were gonna have to ***** slap him silly!

mah
of course!

jedi212guy
Oh, it's just one hour away. I'm gonna tape it!

jedi212guy
I saw it, awesome.

LanceWindu
Sorry about the language Raz but the 'Clone War' trailer was ****ing awesome!

keokiswahine
http://starwars.apple.com/ep2/clone_war/index.html

here it is on apple for those who don't go to sw.com for it.

It doesn't come on TV in my time zone for another 3.5 hours. I wanna see a biggee version of it. It is just awesome.

shucks, I saw it there, but it won't let me in now. hmmmmm. it did that to me the first time, but lance gave me this web addy that worked a few minutes ago.

ok, if you'll just copy the link above, and paste it into your address line above, and hit "enter", it should come up ok.

Ratcat
laughing out loud Yeah. right, share it here.

ToMacco
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything looked good accept Yoda.

Texas
It was allright!
Yoda floats, that's totally kewl.

Lots of flying monsters, Anakin takes a dive in Couriscant.

I know I'm gonna get alot of crap for saying this, but Hayden Christenson's acting looks a little wodden!
That, "I am incharge here" line to Padme was horrible!!!!
Hope I'm wrong! confused

I think AOTC has a little cartoonish look to it!

All in all, the trailer was OK. Not spectacular!
The movie is just 2 months away! I can wait!

LanceWindu
That scene reminds me of The Fifth Element where the girl jumps from a building and is falling down.

Texas
Yeah, except the Fifth Elements special effects look like crap compared to AOTC.
and hayden aint no Milla Jovovich! eek!

LanceWindu
laughing out loud laughing out loud True

ToMacco
It had a good tone to it also, because it didn't just have "Duel of the Fates" on for music. It went back to the older stuff. That was good.

Texas
Special effects are amazing!

Was Jar Jar even in the trailer?

ToMacco
I didn't like Yoda, though.

jedi fernando
its a very good trailer, i liked it very much.
it was amazing
...but i didnt like how yoda looked.
...and no there is no jar jar in the trailer hehe thank God.

i loved lots of scenes:
anakin free falling through coruscant
anakin jumping and using the force
anakin with two sabres
lots of jedis vs lots of droids
lots of jedis vs lots of droids and geonisians ..again
obiwan vs fett
jedi starfighter vs slave I
padme in the white suit!

and i loved some dialogue lines:
palpatine: "...I see you becoming the greatest of all jedi"
yoda: "begun, the clone war has"
obiwan: "his skills have made him arrogant"
yoda: "the darkside clouds everything"
dooku: "join me obiwan, together we can destroy the sith"

...and so on... im getting really really excited about the movie, even more than before

ToMacco
Yes, it was sweet.

finti
cool, now how do we download it?

ToMacco
I taped it on TV, so I don't have to worry about that.

I'm sure someone will figure out a way, finti.

finti
and they better tell me right away or it will be hell to pay

LanceWindu
I'll help finti raise the hell too.

queeq
I finally saw it. Great trailer! Loved it, really psyches me up for May.

Two little points of wortry though: a flying Yoda and a flying R2...hmmmm.... dunno.

mah
aww, GREAT! only bad thing; yoda looked a bit strange.
but all those big scenes, grand battles, lots of ships...woohoo!
those good-lookin clones! and...and everything!
great lines too, especially palpatine:
''I will create a grand army of the republic'' and
''you don't need guidance anakin, I foresee you will become the greatest of jedi''

and anakins ''I'm in charge of the security here'' with padme looking really surprised. great!!

and that good old music, and those special effects! yippee!!smile

finti
Seems to me that Yoda is sitting on som sort of flying device. Kind of like a plate

mah
a description of the trailer which I read said that yoda sits on some sort of hover-chair.

queeq
A bit odd though.

finti
Yoda sits on something for sure

queeq
Yes, he hovers around on a plate.... weird.

King Jedi
Some of the dialogue was really bad. Sack Hales and bring back Lucas and Kasdan.
And since when did Obi-Wan hate flying? And the CGI Yoda looks terrible. He was better in the first trailer.

There were some great things though -
The battle at the end
The clone army
Jango talking to Obi-Wan
Palpatine talking to Anakin

But it didn't get me as excited as the TPM trailer.

Anyone know where you can download it?

finti
At the end of the trailer we see some cool kind of pre versions of AT-AT walkers , and some early versions of Star Destoyrs as well big grin

Gundark
WOW ! THE TRAILER WAS TOTALLY AWESOME !!!!

Yoda's hover chair was unusual, but it does make sense for him to use something like that when "walking" with other people of normal height.

Palpatine is so good at laying the bulls**t on people...he is so smooth. Dooku was sounding pretty cool laying the infamous "join me" speech on Obi Wan. That force field that Obi Wan was caught in...must be a Jedi mouse trap.

The only bad part was my VCR screwed up and didn't tape. Would you like to know how pissed I am ? mad

finti
how pissed are you Gundy, enough to burn down Ezikiels barn?

Captain REX
(Probably. She's gonna blow!)

That was awesome! Awesome awesome awesome!

Hayden Christhansen's acting was okay. We start to see some of the shit that Palpatine does to Anakin. Man, he's good...

Did you see R2 fly? I've heard that the droids have a few major parts, but flying? Totally cool! The starships that the clonetroopers use (I forgot the name) were destroying all those buildings on Geonasis, Slave I fired a homing missile at the Jedi Starfighter and destroyed a whole asteroid, and so on and so forth.

Well, even if the movie has its downsides, its no Episode I. big grin

I recorded all of it (well, my mom did, I was at Disneyland). big grin

finti
a lot of jedis uses purple sabers at las acording to the ver last of the trailer, I counted 5 or 6

He-Man
It was fuc*ing great!!!

If you don't have quicktime 5 pro or whatever the version is, you can download the trailer to your computer from the site planetmirror.com in the largest size like all the other trailers. The great thing about the highest bandwith is that you can put it on the whole screen and the quality is still good.

mah
I'm starting to wonder how much it's possible to look forward to a movie. I don't think non-SWfans will understand it.

yerssot
finti: four purples

sorry, but there are things that are getting out of hand..., like Anakin uses Force Levitation for a stunt like that ... I have my doubts

yerssot
ok,
is it me or is it something explained in the movie?
When you first see the hologram of OB1 he has his hood ON, two shots later, he doesn't anymore...

Gundark
Maybe he just took it off himself.

I also didn't know Obi Wan hated flying that much. Where did that come from ?

finti
well how much did we exactly know about obi-wan

yerssot
if you watch closely, it's easier if you have it in .mov and on your harddrive.
There are a few things you should need to see!
talking about: Queen Jamilla, clone troopers with colors on their nose, Red Guards, a possible new character in the JC (if so, it's a shot from after the Clone War, I think), Boba Fett (yes, for just a second), Rodians with red hair, and (also like finti pointed out) more purple...

Thomas H
downloading it right now...looking forward to this!!!!

finti
can we have a link please

Thomas H
talking to me?

finti
you are the one braging about downloading it wood boy

Thomas H
I aint braging...anyway I dont know shit about computes....do you need an adress to the site to download...

Anyway finti...on NRK 2 they are sending the trailer at 20.00!!!
If you whant to see it you can also see it there!

rrr

finti
YES

yerssot
http://www.planetmirror.com

there you can download it,
also, Raz said that when he came back from work he would post links

finti
planetmirror sucks the server they use is too slow, way too slow

Thomas H
For all the norwegians.....you can catch the trailer on NRK 2 at 20.00!!!!!!!

mah
I'm looking forward to see it on TV!

Thomas H
You can catch it right now!! go go go! smile

ToMacco
I've got it on tape. I've watched it like 20 times already. rolling on floor laughing

He-Man
I dunno if planetmirror sucs, but it only took about 20 minutes to copy the biggest version of the trailer. I mean the 31mb big.

mah
okay, I've watched it once one TV and several times on my PC. and I'm just stunned. but yoda looks awful! and when amidala gets her back cut open; ouch!

queeq
Does anyone know what these flying lizards or flying rodents are in those tunnels?

And did any of you get deja vu in that shot of Anakin and Padme on the retracting bridge? I did... and I liked it.

yerssot
queeq, that are the Geonosians, some have wings...

indeed mah! I already said that when I saw the teasers, but now, with the trailer, I'm even more concerned

mah
I think it will get okay with yoda until the movie, and if not: doesn't bug me too much.

Raz
http://forums.killermovies.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3077

yerssot
it took you long enough wink

Thanks Raz, although I already have it stick out tongue

Raz
Actually I forgot all about it....until I saw this thread big grin

queeq
Slow server indeed. I'll use Raz's link next time.

yerssot
about that hologram... I'm doubting...

the first time you see from the top down to OB1, making him look small, like you would see him on a ship (and you see rain on it) but when the next shot shows, it's a big one, and you don't see rain...

mah
I think it's two all-different shots, just together for the trailer.

master harmax
I just started the download ...

I can hardly wait !!!

Suddenly i love the whole world !!

i'm so happy right now ...

ok i think i'm losing it ... i'll be back !

yerssot
yeah, same here mah, possible two reports from OB1,
the first one talking about how surprised he is, there are clones, the second with Jango

master harmax
Half done ... it's taking slightly long to download ... but i'm downloading the full, biggest trailer. cool

Viseus
I don't think Yoda was all that bad. Not worse than the rest of the CGI, which I was able to identify for the most part. And that isn't good. But then, I have a lot of practice with that, so I guess most people will be fine with it.

What really bugged me was Hayden Christensen's acting. Now, people have been saying that Mark Hamill's performance in "A New Hope" wasn't too good, but this is way beyond that - this is really bad! His voice was feeble and week, and he came across as a really annoying jerk. Hmf, just hope it's better in the movie.

What else to comment...hmm... did you notice those Royal Imperial Guards standing in the background in Palpatine's office? That's pretty cool. And of course Jango Fett (not Boba, like someone in this thread said, duh), he kicks ass. I also liked the part when Obi-Wan was talking to the council and suddenly came under attack, igniting his saber. And they could all just stand there and watch. Oh, and of course the clone troopers, they look great.

All in all, I think the movie will be considerably better than the first, though not as good as the original ones.

master harmax
Allright !!! I just saw it !! and it's awesome ... this is going to be a truly kick ass star wars movie man ... i can hardly wait !

I'll probably go into more details later ... right now i'm off to see it again ! analyze it more closely ! smile smile

Ushgarak
Well, I don't see anything wrong with Yoda at all. What was that you were complai ing about 'levitation' earlier, yerss? And there were far more than four purple sabres!

peluffo
Well, Yoda looks...Different! It's all. He now has bones under his skin, and the skin is not rubber anymore. It IS SKIN! And his mouth is actually SAYING what he says!!!! No more puppet, no more Kermit the frog ruling on the Jedi council.

THNX Mr oz for your voice, and THANKS CGI for making YODA a living creature!!!!!!!!

Falcon4ever
I have read that some people are bothered by Yoda's floating vessel...Come on people, dude is like 900 yrs. old and the Jedi Master, at least he could have a hover chair without anyone gripping. The Trailer is off the hook, Anakin's arrogance, Jango and Obi-Wan, and of course the ever present maliciousness of Darth Sidious always lurking. Some people need to quit complaning about what little snipets of AOTC they have seen and thank their lucky stars it is only 2 months away.

queeq
Yoda didn't seem to have much trouble walking through swamps on Dagobah for 20 years. I'd think the smooth floors of Coruscant would pose no problem. But okay. It was just that AND the flying R2 that caused my eyebrows to raise.

As for the holograms, I think the one with OB1 standing is at the beginning of the fight and the other one at the end when Jango flies off and before OB1 follows him.

finti
Well Boba is in the background running in so Yers were right Viseus

queeq
Who'd have thought that? big grin

King Jedi
Yoda looks awful. He doesn't look real, he looks like a little green ball of CGI.

I'm getting a bad feeling about this movie. sad

mah
just because of yoda? confused

peluffo
Yoda is FFFAAAAAARRRR BETTER than the cross-eyed puppet seen on TPM!!!!!!

He is NOW REAL. He lives. He breaths, His skin is alive and glued to the bones that moves his Jaw, his tongue and his lips are articulating WORDS that we can read and hear.

YODA RULEZ!!!!!!!

King Jedi
No because a lot of the cgi looks awful and what we've heard of the script , it sounds terrible.

LUCAS
We need to develop Obi-Wan's character a bit more.

HALES
I know! Lets give him a quirky little fault.

LUCAS
Like what?

HALES
Eh, lets make out that he doesn't like flying.

LUCAS
But he's flown in two of the other movies.

HALES
Ah, no one will notice.

Later that day...........

LUCAS
Jonathan, a lot of people don't like the way I write these movies.

HALES
Well you do write as if this thing was set in another universe. Lets get rid of all the "Star Wars speak". You know, all the "padawan" and "flying through hyperspace anin't like dusting crops boy", talk. Lets make it more normal. Lets add "M'Lady" to everything!!

LUCAS
But no one in Star Wars has talked like that before.

HALES
Ah, no one will notice.

He-Man
That's rude roll eyes (sarcastic)

Personnally I like the script much more than the one TPM has. So far I haven't seen any of the cgi looking awful, instead I think it looks freeking great! And I also think the 'Obi-Wan hating flying' humor is much better than the crappy Jar Jar humor TPM has. So I think it's gonna be a great movie...even a great SW movie. smile

yerssot
KJ, there are 10 years between TPM and AOTC, so everything can happen in that time

Ushgarak
Well, I still think Yoda looks fine, and the chair is fair enough.

I am suddenly less sure about the colour of some of those sabres, though...

yerssot
The ears are too bleurgh

He-Man
Though it looks a bit different, it's still a lot better than the puppet.

yerssot
the problem is that the puppet is Yoda and that the ones from TPM and AOTC are very different from the one in ESB

He-Man
True, but it doesn't matter cause the one in ESB and RotJ looks way too much like a puppet and not like it's living. The cgi Yoda looks much more alive. It might not look like the puppet Yoda, but so what...it's much better. What's wrong with that?

yerssot
because the Yoda we grew up with is the one from ESB

He-Man
So you think that in the middle of all those cool cgi aliens there should be a puppet Yoda...interesting

...Naah, I have to agree with you. Yoda does look a little weird (not that he didn't before), but so far we've only seen a couple of seconds of Yoda and one picture actually looks very much like the puppet...I have a poster of Yoda with the exact same look on his face on my wall and he looks very similar.

This is the picture I'm comparing the poster to...sorry I don't have a picture of the poster. Yoda's very cool actually cool

yerssot
his ears, the color of his skin,...

He-Man
The best picture i've seen so far.
You should just see the picture on my wall...He looks exactly the same.

yerssot
and who will pay for my planeticket?

Julie
Not me....awhile ago my dad did an oil painting of Yoda...it's pretty cool cool

peluffo
Well, even if you all don't like it, THIS is yoda. The puppet one was an 80's representation of an alien form impossible to be taped for the big screen.

Now he IS HERE.

Julie
ok...yoda is still a cool little green jedi....CG or puppet.

ToMacco
He should stay a puppet.

finti
ah give it a rest there is nothing you can do about the looks of Yoda, stop whining

yerssot
that's my line finti!

Viseus
But finti, it's fun to whine. I thought the point of this board was to discuss every detail of the movies into the ground.

Now, Yoda. Looking at that picture He-Man supplied, I have to say that while it's clearly good CGI, it's not what I would call great CGI. It just doesn't look real enough. The clothes are fine, but the head...it's very obviously CGI to me, doesn't look like a photo. I don't think they should have stayed with the puppet, that would have been out of place in such a computerized movie, not to mention hopelessly oldfashioned, but they definitely should have used better CGI.

As for the hover seat of his, it's absolutely neccesary. Imagine that gnome, on his 4 inch legs, trying to keep up with full-size humans walking casually down the hallway. Not an option. Sure he can walk, he's just very slow. Besides, I think the hover seat suits him fine. Even brings him up to eye level.

Finti, you say you saw Boba in the background. What exactly do you mean? The character that climbs into what looks like Slave-1 at 1:06 min perhaps? I need to have that explained, because you clearly know something I don't.

And finally, what makes you think Obi-Wan doesn't like flying? That Anakin said so? Come on, the snotty kid is joking. His abilities have made him arrogant. Obi-Wan doesn't dislike flying, he just dislikes Anakin's flying. Who wouldn't.

He-Man
That kid climbing to Slave 1 is boba and the big guy is Jango.

You should remember that also Obi-Wan himself said he didn't like flying. That's a good joke I think

Viseus
Oh, yeah, the "Blast, that's why I hate flying". I forgot about that. My mistake.

He-Man
About the cgi. There was a pretty good point made in the Episode-X forums. It definetly makes a lot of sense. Read this:

I have seen the trailer about 20 times now!

It was the BEST. TRAILER. EVER.

Now, I am reading people starting to bash the film because the CGI didn't look real!

I agree it does seem too outworld-ish, and those flying geonosians feels like a character NOT from earth, but from a fake world, a computer game you may say!

Think about this, PLEASE! Isn't it because THE fact these characters Really DO NOT EXIST, and they ARE born on Computers?

And, I ask you this, how do you tell if a CGI character looks real or fake? Have you ever seen them face to face, huh? NO! I don't think you have, thus you can't say they look fake.

You CAN say, however, these CGI were terrible.... but I ask you to back it up.

Personally, I think the CGI I saw look spetacular. It was the MOST UNBELIEVABLE CGI work I've EVER SEEN (In a GOOD WAY)!!

I feel it's WAY BETTER than Phantom Menace! If you can believe Watto, then you can believe these Geonosians.

Matrix's special effect was also very CGI, look fake, but hey that's the way it is. Those things doesn't exist in OUR world, so we have to create it from computers.

It MAY look like a computer game, because it has SO MUCH great Action on a planet, that doesn't even exist!!
Geonosis is NOT earth people, so you should think about that before you judge on the CGI look fake.

However, as a avid Gamer. I can tell you, NO games today look as good as the CGI from the trailer you just saw!

If what you are saying is reasonable, that the CGI of AOTC looks too much like a computer game, then HELL I want to play this game RIGHT NOW!!!! - IMMEDIATELY!!!

On the contrary, it is the CGI in the movie that BLOWS ME AWAY, it's Frigging Unbelievbally Immersive!!!

Hey, it would be a Miracle if we can have games look like that in 5 years!!!

mah
no-one can say that yoda should stay a puppey, he needs to ve cgi in this movie.

Ushgarak
Yes, I am very happy with the cgi.

I posted earlier (but it got eaten up by forum weirdness) that I have no problem with Obi-Wan saying that he does not like flying, but I am more disturbed that he talks to himself...

Julie
confused Don't you ever talk to yourself Ush?

peluffo
maybe he just speaks to his astromech droid, just as luke does

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>