Movie Theaters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stormy Day
Anybody walk into another movie after you've seen one you paid for?

BackFire
Once or twice. I don't make a habbit of it. Too much sitting for me usually.

Cinemaddiction
Nope. I'd be ashamed to be so cheap as to theatre hop.

Stormy Day
okkk

BackFire
In fact, the only time I think I've ever done that is for the TCM remake. I wanted to see it so I could criticize it, but I didn't want to give them money. So, I paid for Runaway Jury,and snuck into TCM when I was done watching Jury.

Stormy Day
Thats not exactly what im talking about,but more power to ya wink

BackFire
That's exactly what you're talking about, theater hopping is what it's called. Watching one movie, then sneaking into another one.

Stormy Day
Oh I thought you meant you paid for "Runaway Jury" but went into TMC.

Cinemaddiction
What? You take offense to me calling theatre hoppers thieves? It's the truth.

Stormy Day
I do it most of the time just because I dont have the money

botankus
One time I rented a movie and watched it twice whistle

BackFire
There are few things more satisfying then to see a bad movie for free. I would have been hugely upset had I paid for that piece of trash TCM remake, but since I saw it for free after seeing a half decent film it was bearable. I was happy that I didn't give them money they didn't deserve.

Cinemaddiction
I'd suggest doing some chores, earn an allowance, or only see the movies you can actually afford to view. You can always wait for the movie to come out on video, as well.

Cinemaddiction
I'm telling. miffed sad roll eyes (sarcastic)

BackFire
I, on the other hand completely condone and promote movie hopping. There are very few movies actually worth paying for. Especially with the constantly rising ticket prices.

If you can get away with sneaking into a movie, more power too you. If you have the patience to watch 2 movies in a row at a theater, more power to you.

WindDancer
Look at this way......

...sometimes a movie SUUUUUCKS so much that you want your money back. Since there are no refunds.....is perfectly fine to sneak in and watch another movie for free. Is one way to get your money back.

Yup, that's my logic. cool

Cinemaddiction
If it's not worth paying to see, why waste your time seeing it at all? Most places, if you go to a matinee it's about $5.

I guess honesty and integrity are extinct human traits. The remorse from the possibility that my selfish desires could have gotten someone fired, or the fact I am cheating someone out of the few cents they make off of a movie would be a pretty heavy burden for me to carry around.

BackFire
Becuase most of the time you don't know ahead of time that it's not worth the money. You only realize that after the fact. Had I known ahead of time that I'd want my money back after veiwing AvP, The Passion, and Underworld, I never would have seen them, period.

Also, not everyone has time to go to a matinee.

Like I said, I personally don't movie hop. But I don't think it's a big deal if some people do.

Also, people don't get fired if someone sneaks into a movie theater. In fact they usually have no way of knowing, and don't actually lose any money. You wouldn't have seen the movie you're sneaking into anyways if you had to pay for it, so therefore either way they make the same amount of money.

My friend used to work in a theater and he said that he didn't care when people movie hopped, it didn't hurt them in any way.

Neo_Version 7
I wanna try 2 to movie-hop some day.

Is it the same as bar-hopping and island-hopping?

WindDancer
Stealing a candy bar or a bucket of popcorn (I know it sounds dumb BUT I'm trying to make a point!) would be wrong. Sneaking into another theather in a multiplex to watch another movie it ain't wrong. No big deal! The only thing that would make it wrong is to sit in a seat in which some else paid for it. Still, since some theathers don't have assign seats in the tickets there is nothing wrong. That's all!

Primitive Screwhead
Classic. That one broke up the monotony of my day. I too, am trapped in cubicle hell, botankus.

V@LL3jOk!D707
ALL THE TIME!!

SlipknoT
Yup. Thats how I saw DodgeBall and Troy

Stormy Day
And thats how I see most theater movies I review in my thread.

I feel kind of dorkish paying for a movie and then after walking out and paying for another ticket and walking back in embarrasment

BackFire
It isn't dorkish, just not very practical.

Cinemaddiction
Buy the tickets at the same time, perhaps? I figured that's how you can "review" so many movies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What makes it so amusing is that you pay to see shitty movies, then sneak into an even worse one after that.

Stormy Day
Never thought of that embarrasment anyways I still dont like paying for 2 movies so crucify me no expression

I see any movie that interest me no matter how it looks or what people say about it I make up my mind after I see it.

Darth Revan
Hey SD... Ever hear a certain little phrase that goes Thou shalt not steal? I thought you took the Bible literally. embarrasment

BackFire
Yeah, see, you should become an Athiest like me. Then you can sneak into a theater without the fear of going to hell for all eternity. Ah, life is good.

Mr Zero

Stormy Day
I never said I was perfect, and people even christians sin and most break one of ten commandents daily,but lets please not get into this here.

BackFire

Cinemaddiction
Why not? Having fun living off of ironic double standards, as Mr. Zero pointed out? Your parents ever wonder why it took 4 hours to see a 1 1/2 hour movie?

BackFire
I'm sure they have more important things to worry about. Like their child spending hours on an internet message board.

Stormy Day
Im not a child.My parents know what I do and it doesnt bother them neither does being online my parents are pretty laid-back about things like that.

I try not to live double standards but I just really dont see anything really wrong about going to two movies.Im cheap stick out tongue heck I only make 20 bucks a week (allowance embarrasment) and I have about 2 dogs to support but I really dont want to get into that here.

Cinemaddiction
You know, it sounds more like something *I* would do, fact of the matter is, I'd still respect the medium, and pay the $5.50 that I was smart enough to save and not blow on stupid ****ing "Johnson Family Vacation" aka "National Black-poons Family Vacation".

Fast forward 20 years...

I try not to live double standards, but I just don't see anything wrong about robbing two banks. Heck, I'm cheap, and the banks were right beside each other so I figured I'd save a little gas! stick out tongue

That's how it starts, man. Just see the movies you can afford. If you decide to keep cheating actors and their children out of a few pennies, atleast never gloat about your affliction in public again.

Not around me, anyway. I've already got more than enough reasons to dislike you, and I still find a way to tolerate you, for which you should be thankful. big grin

Stormy Day
I didnt pay money for that stick out tongue complinment of Blockbuster Rewards card happy and for future movies ill use my "Passion" card to rent the new flicks happy not spending any money at all wink

BackFire
I have trouble believing that because he snuck into a movie when he was young that he will later rob banks.

Stormy Day
Thats is indeed stupid ca.Im not going to rob banks.

botankus
Ah, yes, I guess we're back working the KMC weekday 7 am shift after everyone else has turned in about 3 hours ago. I think I'm going to go cubicle hopping today since it's Friday. But of course I'll pay full price for each cubicle, literally, since each one I visit will probably give me a new assignment.

I will bet you can get your dogs into the movies at a discount. Then the three of you wouldn't have to keep running from theater to theater or pay such a high cost at the box office.

Primitive Screwhead
Does this comment strike anyone as odd? Sounds like your going through a divorce settlement with Benji or Lassie or something. I can see why your folks have no problem with you heading off to the movie theater for extensive amount of time... keeps you away from the family pets and all.

SlipknoT
Your parents make you pay for your dogs?

Darth Revan
Well personally I'm not opposed to movie hopping, but it IS stealing. And the Bible DOES say not to ever break the Ten Commandments. Oh my, you're going to a low layer of heaven, a very low one indeed... sad

"I try not to live double standards but I just really dont see anything really wrong about going to two movies.Im cheap heck I only make 20 bucks a week (allowance ) and I have about 2 dogs to support but I really dont want to get into that here."

1. 20 bucks is a good deal. I get a few dollars for lunch every day, other than that I don't get any money from my parents.

2. If you're not a child, there's something you can do called "getting a job". smart

3. You should call the cops on your parents because making you pay for your dogs is both animal abuse and child abuse. no expression

ragesRemorse
Yeah i have hoped more times than not back in my day. Me and a frriend spent the whole day at the theaters doing just that. Of course i dont know that i would do that now that i am older. When i go to the movies i will usually pay to see two movies. If these two movies are not entertaining,which most times they are not, I find it hard to sit through the second. I dont really see anything wrong with doing this if your a young kid with nothing to do, and very low funds. Shit i have worked at two different cinema's. The managers know this happens, Most of the times they could care less, unless they catch you doing it blatantly. Ushers diddnt care eigther. If you did get caught sneaking in though, and you did it arrogantly enough to get the managers to care, you would be harpressed to be able to ever be allowed back in the theaters.

botankus
I think I figured out a way to solve Stormy's financial and movie-hopping problems:

Someone get him a job as a ticket taker at a theater. He earns cash and I'm sure he could see as many movies as he wanted to.

And for an extra $5 he'll give you a review of the movie as you buy your ticket from him.

Primitive Screwhead
I'll give him $2 if he doesn't.

botankus
LOL. You see? It's a win-win situation for him.

Stormy Day
I have a job but all that money strictly goes in the bank smart

There my dogs and I wanted them so I have to pay for them.

Darth Revan
No, they're your parents dogs. Everything under your parent's roof is technically THEIRS, you being still a kid.

And... why, may I ask, do you put ALL your money in the bank? Nothing wrong with saving some money up, but damn... If I were you I would want to spend at least SOME of it, and since you see so many movies, you might as well.

Stormy Day
I really dont feel like I need to share all this with you guys but I do keep 20.And I do get money out of the bank...I bought "HALO" yesterday happy

SlipknoT
Your life seems so boring SD.

ragesRemorse
maybe that is why he lives on the edge and hops theaters?

Stormy Day
I like living life a quater second at a time cool stick out tongue

ragesRemorse
damn, all your time must go to just realizing each quarter second that goes by.

Stormy Day
yeah.its hard shock

Agent Elrond
I see no problem with theater hoping. Everyone knows theaters make their money via snacks than actual tickets. Why the hell would I want to pay 10 bucks for some crappy film? Theater hopping is just more ways to get more bang for ur buck

Stormy Day
I know they charge us $4 for a soda and an extra $4 for popcorn we deserve to theater hop smile,but I also sneak my own snacks in so that doenst really count confused

Cinemaddiction
Here's a thought. Eat before you go, or bring your own candy.
You're there to see a movie, not cram sugar and cholesterol in your maw.

ragesRemorse
Yeah i agree with that. I mean if you are desperate enough to spend 5 bills for a tub of popcorn, and 4 bills for a bucket of soda then all rights you ever had to complaining about the prices are void after you cram that first handfull of buttery sin down your throat.

Teah i buy popcorn from time to time, i mean it is a tradition that makes a movie going experience more tangible, but i dont dish out 5 dollars for a serving i have no hope of finishing. I also dont complain, because i pay the price.

SlipknoT
Theres a Wal Mart near the movie theater I go to and I usualy just get candy there. But I also buy a Large Soda and Nachoes. And that comes to $8.50

Stormy Day
I usually just buy a candy bar and a little soda as well.

Darth Revan
Yeah...

Stormy Day
It isnt.

Mr Zero
all you ****ers buying popcorn and soda are one of the reasons I like going to the flicks at noon when you losers are still in bed.

EATING at the cinema? its a movie not a fricking picnic. Eat at home.

Stormy Day
I get pretty hungry during two movies confused

Darth Revan
Two average length movies encompass MAYBE five hours. How can you get hungry within five hours, especially if you've already eaten? Don't get me wrong, occasionally I buy some popcorn at a movie... But as a quick snack... Not because I really need to eat...

Mr Zero
He's a growing lad.

Stormy Day
I dont bring meals stick out tongue just a candy bar and a soda.

And I usually dont eat breakfast

SlipknoT
I'm kinda fat so I like to eat

Stormy Day
So do I no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.