Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thunder God
Who do you think that will win in the world series between these two (if they can get to the series)
This battle has been going on since i moved to New Hampshire and the school students are all Red Sox fans they freaking hate the Yankees, they would kick anyone ass if they say that they are Yankees fans.

DanZeke25
Well there cant be a world series between the two, but if they met in the ALCS then i think the red sox would win. I like there chances in the playoffs. And a lot of people hate the yankees, me being one of them. There are a lot of yankee's fans but some of them are only Yankee's fans because they win, not because they grew up in New York or liked them as a kid. Any state u go to... u will see yankees fans, and any state u go to, u will also see yankee haters becuase many feel that they win alot because the go and buy every player they can. They have a lot more money than other teams and can afford a lot of good players. Now some teams can afford some players but not as many as the yankees can. And some teams dont even spend their money and say that they dont have any to spend. Every team can afford at least one great player, but the yankees can afford 8 great players.

forumcrew
im still trying to figure out how you can have a discussion about baseball playoffs without understanding that 2 teams in the same division cant meet in the world series..

Mr Parker
yeah good question,that would be prett impossible to do now since they play in the same league. roll eyes (sarcastic) I dont think the red sox will ever be able to make it past the yankees though in the playoffs because I really do believe in the curse of Babe Ruth.

DanZeke25
Well the yankees pitching horrible now and if they stay the way there going they wont even make the playoffs. the red sox are only 3 1/2 behind and you never know with the wild card. But the curse is to win the World Series. While i dont believe it... the can still beat the Yankees and go onto the World series and lose and the curse wil stay.

WindDancer
Umm...guys why don't you use the American League Baseball thread. Since the Red Sox and the Yanks are in the same league there is no point in making another thread.

Thunder God
you know they guy that said that you belive in the curse (Mr Parker) first of all you say that you believe in the curse because you obbisouly are a Yankees fan and obvisouly you live in New York and also the curse that i don't believe in and ans others think is real is happening to the Red Sox which is not, but if the curse didnt existed the Yankees would of gotten their asses kicked 26 times in a row but it is this god damn curse thats stoppin the Red Sox

G.P
I tend to agree with WD : this topic could perfectly be dealt with in the Official Baseball thread. Please carry on there.

Red Sox will never win a world series, their curse will never be lifted and it will soon be the 100 years of them not winning a world series...they suck! hahahah

yankees all the way!

badsymbiote
laughing I'm sorry, ThunderGod, I don't mean to laugh at your expense--afterall, MLB playoffs are far more complicated than the ones in the NBA or NFL. But it wouldn't hurt to learn...the BoSox and Yankees are not only in the same League, but also in the same division, meaning that the only reason the Bosox will possibly play NY is because of the wild card.

But seriously--I know, WindDancer, that you asked us to continue in the AL thread, but the next guy didn't, so here I post as well.

I think determining or acurately predicting the winner of the division series is contigent upon who plays at home first. Generally, I say that the Yankees look fairly weak in the beginning of both the division and championship series, but get stronger in each series as they face elimination.
When they meet the other contender for the championship series, their success there depends more on whom they play as well. For example, I'd much rather see them face the Angels or even the Rangers in the AL West than the A's, who have their number and are always difficult for them to overcome.
At any rate, I'm very stoked about post-season play this year, and can't wait. A little over a week to go!

Linkalicious
If the Angels win the west, then I think they're going to take it all.

Of course, I don't really see them winning the west, unless they can really jell in the next 7 games. But I still think they have a decent enough chance.

Teams like Boston and New York play the entire season great, but they tend to get careless or laxidasial in the post-season. Teams like the Angels come together and play better during the bigger games.

precisely why the Marlins won the World Series. Not the best team, not the best record, but the best team chemistry when it counted most.

forumcrew
you mean like walking bonds with the bases loaded? i hate the angels ever since that entire series.. i dont care what people say its not showing him respect its not letting him play and making you look pathetic! IBB need to be thrown out! also im an M's fan so just never like them.. but i also dont think they have a chance this year.. the Cardinals should beat anyone in a 7 game series

Linkalicious
Yes, i mean like walking Bonds with the bases loaded. It was a judgement call, and it ended up working out for them in the long run. Better one run on the walk than 4 runs on the homer. Bonds was clutch, and Bonds was hot....why not avoid him? Got them the ring didn't it?

I agree, the Cards SHOULD beat anyone in a 7 game series. but this is baseball...anyone can win on any given day.

DanZeke25
I think.... the teams with the fantastic pitching will do good in the playoffs this year.... If the cubs make it.... i think they will do better than what the Giants might have done. They will probaly... in a seven game series... use wood and prior two times... thats 4 games right there thats going to be tough... then you dont get a break with the 3rd 4th or 5th starters because there all really good. With the Red Sox... they only have to use four or possibly a three man rotation... Schilling, Perdro, Lowe(he may not be doing good, but he is established himself as a good pitcher over the years and you never know he might have a good playoffs), and Tim Wakefield. There is no bad pitchers in their. I'm not saying the Giants have bad pitchers, im just saying they only have one Ace, where the Cubs and Red sox have more than one. Same thing with the A's. Anyway here how i think the world series will be.

Cardinals vs. A's

other one that have a good chance of happening are.
Red Sox vs. Cubs( man would i love that series)
Red Sox vs. Cardinals
Cubs vs. A's

notice i didnt say the yankees at all... their pitching is going to ruin it for them. And if the Agels win the West then put them in where the A's are.... i dont know... i just think they will.... and nobody is talking about the Twins.... Dont count them out... they have great teeam chemistry too....

oh and 113..... YANKEES SUCK!!!!!
sorry... i havent done that in a while... i hate that Yankkes i hope they get swept. I also hope they face the Twins... the Twins have the Yankees number

Dr. Strangelove
Ive tried to not post in this thread but their's some interesting points people have brought up I would like to comment on.

The thing with the intentional walk or IBB(which I hope that's what it stands for, if not please correct me) is even if rule is gone teams will still walk bonds on four pitches that will be nowhere near the strike zone instead of the catcher standing up and pitcher trowing it to him, so really the rule being taken out wouldn't make any difference.

There is a couple of reasons in my opinion why the Cards might have trouble in the playoffs.

Their starting pitching is good but not great. They have five reliable starters but no ace who can shut down an entire offense which could hurt them if their offense gets shut down by great pitching, also if Steve Cline(sp?) isn't healthy, that makes their bullpen a little more vunerable.
The Cards have had a similar season to what the Giants had last year. In my opinion it's always better to go into the playoffs when you've already battled for a playoff spot weeks before than just playing out the games with a big division lead. While some teams do win with big leads like the 97 Yankees their are usually more dissapointments. I just have a gut feeling that the Cards are a team more built for the regular season than the post season.

G.P
Hey I'm the one in charge here !!! mad stick out tongue

So guys there is really no point in carrying this on here. Wanna comment on ? Go to the ALB thread, especially if you have answers a bit more elaborated than "Yankees suck !"

I don't like to close threads and I usually rely on the members' goodwill. Didn't work this time. Closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.