can someone give advice?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rico31
I'm moving toe NC the US next year. I think it will be NC but would like to know about tax's and driving licence's etc etc

Rico31
also do the I.R.S tax your savings in banks?

Darth Revan
be more specific...

KidRock
Driving license you have to be over 16 to get in most states..thats all I really know.

Tired Hiker
When you get a job in the U.S., you will fill out a W-4 form. This will allow the State and Federal Government to know how much you will claim as far as your 'dependants'. Different taxes for different people, if you have kids, if you are married and what not. Then there is tax on items you purchase, like 'sales tax.' Sales Tax in California, where I live, is about 8% to the dollar right now. wink

Rico31
i dont need to get a job as im financially ok, i just plan on buying a few apartments and renting them out and playing golf all day. Im interested on changing my UK drivers license to an American licence also interested in water rates and equivalent to uk council tax.

Darth Revan
Well here's the DMV for North Carolina:

http://www.dmv.org/nc-north-carolina/dmv-drivers-license.php

Hope that helps smile

ragesRemorse
Why dont you just wait untill you get to the US? Are you moving by yourself or with parents? Everything in The US is pretty much self explanitory and not much different from where you are. Many teens who break away from their parents, or teens who start living on their own are essentially foriegners to the country. They have to learn everything about living on their own, own their own for some people it is the first time learning these things. You will be fine, just dont be scared to ask for help or elaboration on certain things.

Al lyou need to know about taxes is that, this is where your paycheck goes, and everything left goes to rent, and bills. what you have left should be enough to buy some milk and rice. As for a license, dont worry about that, anyone can get a us lecense. you dont even have to be a citezen, just go answer the common sense question, get your permit, and pass the simple driving course.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.